Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZombieVirolina
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

Why is it only white guys do it?

I just saw a video of some guy tricking black people into saying “white power” using drink mixes and then I thought about it. Of all the race based pranks I’ve encountered on the internet either on YouTube or in the news, it’s always a white male doing it.

Like the one where an 18 year old kid did a PA at Walmart saying, “All black people leave the store now”.

Or another one where a kid walks through a convenience store blasting “Swiggity Swag”, a song made to highlight negative stereotypes of black people as a “prank”.

I tend to think of this like what Chaucer said, “Some of the greatest truths are said in jest”. The use of comedy to project true feelings but hiding behind “It’s just a joke bro!”. Apparently, stand up comedy has developed a problem of alt-right across the board bigotry in act’s because of this.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Want me to do something about it? What's the discussion here?

Edit: Why do white guys only do it is your question: Who the hell knows, who the hell cares? The point is, anyone can be racist.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

So you're saying black, yellow, brown and red people are underrepresented in race based pranks?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44669 Posts

Probably a socioeconomic factor, kids from super wealthy parents and never had to have jobs and have too much free time on their hands. It's already an issue where we live in an age where too many kids think they're going to grow up to be social media influences and TikTok stars rather than plan to have actual careers. So, now they've chosen this path it's really hard to get and keep viewers so people resort to just doing anything stupid for attention.

Loading Video...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36046 Posts

@ZombieVirolina: I can't say I've watched race based "pranks" like that, although it's possible I may just not be thinking of examples that I have personally seen. It sounds like the people in your examples really are just racist though.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

every race do this you do not visit other country and see all the racism to the west and freedom loveing americans.

ZombieVirolina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ZombieVirolina
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@Serraph105:

It‘s like 4Chan. It’s a “joke” until they realize they’re in a safe space. Then it’s not.

There are pockets of people like that on weakly ambiguous racist videos on YouTube.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36046 Posts

@ZombieVirolina: Generally as a rule of thumb, if the person can't explain what is funny about this sort of "prank" it means they are simply avoiding that they are enjoy the fact that it is racist.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8379 Posts

@ZombieVirolina: black males were playing the "knockout game" targeting whites and Asians.

Does that count as a "prank"?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178867 Posts

All people play pranks. This is sad.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58493 Posts

Not exactly sure what you mean, I haven't really seen any "race-based" pranks. I don't spend much time on social media these days though.

If I had to guess, however, I'd say it's because of wealth and privilege? Or maybe they're not genuine racists, they're just edgelords doing it for the clicks?

@LJS9502_basic said:

To be fair, he specified "race based" which I think means targeted based on race.

But yes, it is sad.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178867 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Not exactly sure what you mean, I haven't really seen any "race-based" pranks. I don't spend much time on social media these days though.

If I had to guess, however, I'd say it's because of wealth and privilege? Or maybe they're not genuine racists, they're just edgelords doing it for the clicks?

@LJS9502_basic said:

To be fair, he specified "race based" which I think means targeted based on race.

But yes, it is sad.

I'd say his examples are racists, not pranks.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@sargentd said:

@ZombieVirolina: black males were playing the "knockout game" targeting whites and Asians.

How dare you mention such a thing. That's supposed to be forgotten!

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8379 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@sargentd said:

How dare you mention such a thing. That's supposed to be forgotten!

Race based pranks are one thing.

Don't get me going on race based murder statistics. Lmao not going to bring that up. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Ya that wouldn't end well as the race card would most certainly be pulled. Out of sight, out of mind?