• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
[QUOTE="thepwninator"]

Mine is 173. I am #1 in my class. I'm going to CalTech next year. So what am I doing here?

SilentFireX

What are you implying by that post?

That he is not quite magniloquent enough to fit in with us.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
[QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="thepwninator"]

Mine is 173. I am #1 in my class. I'm going to CalTech next year. So what am I doing here?

CptJSparrow

That he is not quite magniloquent enough to fit in with us.

He is definitely not as intelligent as that stuff implies. Indeed, he even refers to himself in the third person at times, AND he tends to foster ridiculous dreams for the future, including WORLD DOMINATION, membership in the Illuminati, etc.

And why the hell does someone with intellect as purportedly magnificent as his have the username "thepwninator"?

Nice ten dollar word, BTW.

nintendorocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#103 nintendorocks
Member since 2004 • 5996 Posts
I never took an IQ test.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#104 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
I think I'm 130 or so from last time I took a test (over a year ago).
GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
[QUOTE="SilentFireX"][QUOTE="thepwninator"]

thepwninator

That I should be studying :)

I have a discussion on Tess of the D'Urbervilles tomorrow in my English class, as well as a test in my Economics class on Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply (both AP, of course).

Do you want to hear my full schedule? It is quite...burdensome.

Not really, but if you want to boast online to try and get e-rep, go ahead.

madcapper248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 madcapper248
Member since 2005 • 1842 Posts
As the internet ones are complete crap, all scores from those are null in void. They said mine was 122. It could be right. IDK Never taken a real one.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

thepwninator

No Idea. But you're screwing up already. Should have come to the University of Michigan.

We rock. 8)

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I never took an IQ test.nintendorocks
nor have I.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#109 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Etickle, since that's the only one I've seen here and it was quick: 139? I'm either stupid or average, or brilliant!
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#110 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
With an online test I was around 140-something.
PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#111 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I real one I took quite along time ago (adjusted for age) was 140 I think.

IQ is not the best way to measure someones intelligence from what I gather.

Avatar image for bean-with-bacon
bean-with-bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 bean-with-bacon
Member since 2008 • 2134 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendorocks"]I never took an IQ test.Dreams-Visions
nor have I.

Me neither.

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

The last time I did one it was 139. 1 point off a genious!!!!!!!!! damn it!!!!

redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
I have taken a real IQ test but I don't actually remember what score I got on it. Anyone who trusts an online test from a site like Tickle is kidding themselves. Also most of the people here who are claiming to have an IQ above 130 are kidding themselves given that an IQ of 130 makes a person more intelligent than 95% of the population. Either that or, for some reason, Gamespot users are more intelligent than the general population.
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts

Wow, you guys are ridiculous. Seriously I can't be more astounded by how gullible you guys can be to think some site can actually calculate your IQ. I've seen a few of you list Albert Einstein level numbers so either you're lying or it just shows how crapper these these "tests" do of a job at calculating this stuff.

IN THE FIRST PLACE the IQ test is really just an archaic way of determining the "value" or a person which I find disgusting. The number doesn't include social skills, confidence, common sense, or imagination, rather its a collection of questions based on you brain's response to different arrangements of shapes and sentences. To add to that, over a third of a person's mental keeness was just determined by genetics.

Nuke_trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Nuke_trooper
Member since 2006 • 444 Posts
i wouldnt know my I.Q. I did go to university though......... and failed with flying colors. :?
Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117 Aidenfury19
Member since 2007 • 2488 Posts
Above average, I can't give a definite number.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 btaylor2404

Wow, you guys are ridiculous. Seriously I can't be more astounded by how gullible you guys can be to think some site can actually calculate your IQ. I've seen a few of you list Albert Einstein level numbers so either you're lying or it just shows how crapper these these "tests" do of a job at calculating this stuff.

IN THE FIRST PLACE the IQ test is really just an archaic way of determining the "value" or a person which I find disgusting. The number doesn't include social skills, confidence, common sense, or imagination, rather its a collection of questions based on you brain's response to different arrangements of shapes and sentences. To add to that, over a third of a person's mental keeness was just determined by genetics.

camreeno360

Agreed but I was bored, went to the Tickles site and that's the number it spit out.

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Aidenfury19

Agreed but I was bored, went to the Tickles site and that's the number it spit out.

btaylor2404

I didn't even get a number from that POS, it just bounced me to advertising.

peterwantspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 peterwantspie
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts

camreeno360

Its perfectly conceivable that a few people would have a similar IQ to Einstein, but it doesn't make them geniuses. In fact, consider what makes you think of Einstein as a genius. How familiar are you with The theory of relativity or even special relativity? You think he's a genius because of image, which is what it takes to be a genius these days. Stephen Hawkings, for example.

IQ measures, in a very loose sense, potential. It takes a considerable level of application to achieve one's full potential, even if it's low. And if you spend even a small proportion of your time playing videogames rather than studying, you ain't got it.

Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts

[QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Didn't you know everyone on OT is in the top 1% of the global population?FragStains
Just like when people are asked their heights 90% are around 6'2".

lol exactly! Apparently, everyone has an IQ of 150+, 6"2 tall, have a GF and all work for the games industry..

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
Mine is 12.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 btaylor2404
[QUOTE="camreeno360"]

peterwantspie

Its perfectly conceivable that a few people would have a similar IQ to Einstein, but it doesn't make them geniuses. In fact, consider what makes you think of Einstein as a genius. How familiar are you with The theory of relativity or even special relativity? You think he's a genius because of image, which is what it takes to be a genius these days. Stephen Hawkings, for example.

IQ measures, in a very loose sense, potential. It takes a considerable level of application to achieve one's full potential, even if it's low. And if you spend even a small proportion of your time playing videogames rather than studying, you ain't got it.

Einstein's "Image" I doubt that's the reason. I think it's because he'd sit and work on a problem for years at a time until he figured it out. Plus the fact he even thought of the problem to begin with. 99.999999999% of the world doesn't have that dedication. So much for a fun, joking excersise. Is it essential for people to try to trash people they don't even know all the time here?

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 btaylor2404

[QUOTE="FragStains"][QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Didn't you know everyone on OT is in the top 1% of the global population?Total-KO

lol exactly! Apparently, everyone has an IQ of 150+, 6"2 tall, have a GF and all work for the games industry..

lol I threw your curve, married for 9 years, sell BOXES!!!!!!!, and I'm 5'10" 145 lbs fully clothed & wet!

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

thepwninator

Lol stop it you're giving me a semi

peterwantspie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 peterwantspie
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts

Einstein's "Image" I doubt that's the reason. I think it's because he'd sit and work on a problem for years at a time until he figured it out. Plus the fact he even thought of the problem to begin with. 99.999999999% of the world doesn't have that dedication. So much for a fun, joking excersise. Is it essential for people to try to trash people they don't even know all the time here?

btaylor2404

Apparently you only read the first paragraph of what I wrote. Einstein had the application and commitment to solve problems no one else could, but have you heard of Max Planck? He comfortably contributed as much to the field of physics as Einstein did, and indeed Einstein used much of Planck's work to inform his own. But Planck didn't come out with quotable soundbites, and he didn't have a funny moustache. I'm not 'trashing' Einstein, I'm simply pointing out that he is considered a genius because of his image and not because of his intellect.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 btaylor2404
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

peterwantspie

Apparently you only read the first paragraph of what I wrote. Einstein had the application and commitment to solve problems no one else could, but have you heard of Max Planck? He comfortably contributed as much to the field of physics as Einstein did, and indeed Einstein used much of Planck's work to inform his own. But Planck didn't come out with quotable soundbites, and he didn't have a funny moustache. I'm not 'trashing' Einstein, I'm simply pointing out that he is considered a genius because of his image and not because of his intellect.

Agreed he built on Planck's work and ideas, but on Einstein's intellect we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree.

Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#129 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

peterwantspie

Einstein was a genius, but he was a tad overrated. He failed to see the merits of quantum physics, attempting to refute it up to the time of his death. Indeed, he was so foolish in his refutation of it that he, in one attempt, actually provided one of the fundamental theorems of it. Oh, the irony-a genius proving that which he sought to disprove (and, indeed, he thought he had done so).

Orakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#130 Orakk
Member since 2007 • 951 Posts

90? :D.

-Orakk

RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#131 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
-R3Vo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 -R3Vo
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts
I got 142 from this IQ society thing professional test. In my opinion though the tests are bullocks, it's all patterns. Really not that hard.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127534 Posts
I scored around 40 on the last one I think. That's what you need to open a door. .:P
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
[QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Didn't you know everyone on OT is in the top 1% of the global population?xaos
It's like Lake Woebegone

I agree, and probably the only person who understood your reference. Uhh, 116 from a random internet test a few years ago.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
[QUOTE="LukeAF24"]Didn't you know everyone on OT is in the top 1% of the global population?FragStains

yep
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#136 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I think its in the 130's
Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Snaptrap
Member since 2003 • 2186 Posts

Why post IQ's? No one believes them anyway....LJS9502_basic

You're obviously intelligent. People love to fantisize though, and when reviewing some of the posts at Gamespot, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority ranked under 120.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts
[QUOTE="peterwantspie"][QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

thepwninator

Einstein was a genius, but he was a tad overrated. He failed to see the merits of quantum physics, attempting to refute it up to the time of his death. Indeed, he was so foolish in his refutation of it that he, in one attempt, actually provided one of the fundamental theorems of it. Oh, the irony-a genius proving that which he sought to disprove (and, indeed, he thought he had done so).

I think that there are a few things tat should be considered that are being glazed over. Eistein was a major figure in the manhattan project, defected to america and brought victory with him during the second world war, and despite his great scientific achievements could find very common ground with the rest of civilization.

As for the disregarding of a set of scores due to a lack of spread across the spectrum, I think that it's reasonable to assume that people with a similiar IQ would tend to congregate in the same places. Also, the stereotypical gamer is a bit on the studious side and tends to spend time with electronic devices because their intellectual way of life creates a barrier to a decent portion of society. Likewise, people with larger IQ's would tend to congregate together in a different way (mensa meetings and such). So you're left with a middle of the road above average intelligence population on sites like these (with a few outliers).

Also, the tests have been used for some time and the expertize at which we push knowledge into the minds of our posterity becomes increasingly efficient, resulting in a shift of the numbers. Meaning, Einstein's level of genius is not as far of a reach by today's standards as in his own time.

elpollomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 elpollomaster
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts
what the hell is the IQ
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 effthat

what the hell is the IQelpollomaster

The second cousin of the Id.

Snaptrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Snaptrap
Member since 2003 • 2186 Posts

As for the disregarding of a set of scores due to a lack of spread across the spectrum, I think that it's reasonable to assume that people with a similiar IQ would tend to congregate in the same places. Also, the stereotypical gamer is a bit on the studious side and tends to spend time with electronic devices because their intellectual way of life creates a barrier to a decent portion of society. Likewise, people with larger IQ's would tend to congregate together in a different way (mensa meetings and such). So you're left with a middle of the road above average intelligence population on sites like these (with a few outliers).

Also, the tests have been used for some time and the expertize at which we push knowledge into the minds of our posterity becomes increasingly efficient, resulting in a shift of the numbers. Meaning, Einstein's level of genius is not as far of a reach by today's standards as in his own time.

effthat

I believe this was already pointed out in the last nights episode of Star Trek TNG.

Aidenfury19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Aidenfury19

what the hell is the IQelpollomaster

Intelligence Quotient.

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
At the last test I think I got 126.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 effthat
[QUOTE="effthat"]

Snaptrap

I believe this was already pointed out in the last nights episode of Star Trek TNG.

Which brings me to my next point! You can also find subcircles of social interaction! The Star Wars/Trek fued is a great example of this! Star Trek is the science loaded show, Star Trek is heavy on the science but puts in the action and badassery to appeal to a different crowd! I'm not a treky and as such have no idea what snaptrap is speaking of!

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#145 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
When I was tested I had a 142 IQ overall, but I scored lower on one portion and higher in the other. I don't remember the exact things (this was about 2 1/2 years ago), but I scored higher on let's call it "Math" and lower on what I'll call "English". There was more to it than that, but that's the gist.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#147 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
The last one I took said I had an IQ of 142..