What's Your Favorite Manga/Anime Series?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="dooly420"][QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="dooly420"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Manga: Berserk

Berserk is crazy, it's ultra brutal and violent with very imaginative characters. The enemies are awesome, think HP Lovecraft caliber monsters. The fight scenes, if turned into a movie, would be better than the Matrix :P

SimpJee

i just started reading it again for the third time. it's still as amazing as the first time i read it. my only gripe with the series is how long it takes for new chapters to be released.

Yeah, takes forever. I've bought all the manga's so far, but a couple years ago I read ahead online. They're just about to the point where I stopped reading online. They'll be there by the end of the year :P

I guess they used to come out every 3 months, at least now they come out every other month.

i've been reading them online, haven't really gotten around to actually buying them. but it's on chapter 295 right now, and that came out in march i think. before that, there was like a 4 or 5 month span of nothing. the series has been going of for almost 20 years, you would think new chapters would at least be coming out on a regular basis by now.

I wonder how old Miura is now. I just bought Volume 22, what chapter is that? You know?

volume 22 ends on chapter 178. and according to wikipedia, miura is only 41. what was the last chapter you read online?
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

volume 22 ends on chapter 178. and according to wikipedia, miura is only 41. what was the last chapter you read online?dooly420

Not sure what chapter, but this was the last part I read.

[spoiler] Gutts was fighting an Indian looking guy that was on a ship, he used tornados for attacks and had a giant whale I think? Gutts had that badass armor that goes over his head [/spoiler]

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 dooly420
[QUOTE="dooly420"] volume 22 ends on chapter 178. and according to wikipedia, miura is only 41. what was the last chapter you read online?SimpJee
Not sure what chapter, but this was the last part I read.[spoiler] Gutts was fighting an Indian looking guy that was on a ship, he used tornados for attacks and had a giant whale I think? Gutts had that badass armor that goes over his head [/spoiler]

well you haven't really missed much since then. [spoiler] after that, it focuses a little more on kushan emperor and griffith, along with his newly formed band of the hawk. i still can't believe he made a new band after what he did to his old one. [/spoiler]
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SimpJee

[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="dooly420"] volume 22 ends on chapter 178. and according to wikipedia, miura is only 41. what was the last chapter you read online?dooly420
Not sure what chapter, but this was the last part I read.[spoiler] Gutts was fighting an Indian looking guy that was on a ship, he used tornados for attacks and had a giant whale I think? Gutts had that badass armor that goes over his head [/spoiler]

well you haven't really missed much since then. [spoiler] after that, it focuses a little more on kushan emperor and griffith, along with his newly formed band of the hawk. i still can't believe he made a new band after what he did to his old one. [/spoiler]

Dang

SPOILER STOP READING HERE

Yeah, that griffith dude is disgusting. I liked him at first but now I just can't help feeling like Gutts does. The series is so depressing, I forget the little fairy's name but it was really funny when he said "I'm the comic relief, this would be too depressing without me" and it's so true haha.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 dooly420

Dang

Yeah, that griffith dude is disgusting. I liked him at first but now I just can't help feeling like Gutts does. The series is so depressing, I forget the little fairy's name but it was really funny when he said "I'm the comic relief, this would be too depressing without me" and it's so true haha.

SimpJee
yeah, it is. plus, now that isidro is there, those two play off each other perfectly. and the elf's name is puck. i really want to see how it all ends. i want the big questions to be answered. is the skull knight gaiseric? will caska ever recover? will guts manage to kill griffith and the rest of the god hand? i know it's not going to be a happy ending. i'm pretty sure guts is going to die at the end of the series. but if he manages to accomplish his goals is a whole other matter.
Avatar image for Heavy_Metal_Guy
Heavy_Metal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Heavy_Metal_Guy
Member since 2007 • 373 Posts
Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost In The Shell, Samurai Champloo and Appleseed
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SimpJee
[QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Dang

dooly420

yeah, it is. plus, now that isidro is there, those two play off each other perfectly. and the elf's name is puck. i really want to see how it all ends. i want the big questions to be answered. is the skull knight gaiseric? will caska ever recover? will guts manage to kill griffith and the rest of the god hand? i know it's not going to be a happy ending. i'm pretty sure guts is going to die at the end of the series. but if he manages to accomplish his goals is a whole other matter.

Yeah i want to find out what happens to. I just want the story to continue on forever ... same with Naruto for me.

I watch Naruto to offset the brutality/depressiveness of Berserk :P

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 dooly420
[QUOTE="dooly420"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

Dang

SimpJee

Yeah i want to find out what happens to. I just want the story to continue on forever ... same with Naruto for me.

I watch Naruto to offset the brutality/depressiveness of Berserk :P

i can't stand naruto. that concept of that show is just to ridiculous.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SimpJee

i can't stand naruto. that concept of that show is just to ridiculous.dooly420

What do you think the concept is? It's just warring city states, basically. The strongest protect the weak.

dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 dooly420

[QUOTE="dooly420"]i can't stand naruto. that concept of that show is just to ridiculous.SimpJee

What do you think the concept is? It's just warring city states, basically. The strongest protect the weak.

a kid training to be a ninja is wearing a bright orange outfit. that's what's ridiculous about it. that's the worst ninja ever. what exactly is he trying to blend into?
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SimpJee
[QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="dooly420"]i can't stand naruto. that concept of that show is just to ridiculous.dooly420

a kid training to be a ninja is wearing a bright orange outfit. that's what's ridiculous about it. that's the worst ninja ever.

:lol:

Well, it's not about stealth with Naruto you're right. They make fun of him for that you know? But that's the whole point of the Naruto character, he's trying to prove to everyone he can do whatever it takes to beat ANYONE and become the president (Hokage) of the city state (Konoha).

I think you should give it another chance, the story is great. Also, there are some pretty brutal moments in the series as well.

postbodetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 postbodetje
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts
NarutoAnimeKiller

hey charmander, i like that too!!!
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 dooly420
[QUOTE="dooly420"][QUOTE="SimpJee"]

[QUOTE="dooly420"]i can't stand naruto. that concept of that show is just to ridiculous.SimpJee

a kid training to be a ninja is wearing a bright orange outfit. that's what's ridiculous about it. that's the worst ninja ever.

:lol:

Well, it's not about stealth with Naruto you're right. They make fun of him for that you know? But that's the whole point of the Naruto character, he's trying to prove to everyone he can do whatever it takes to beat ANYONE and become the president (Hokage) of the city state (Konoha).

I think you should give it another chance, the story is great. Also, there are some pretty brutal moments in the series as well.

nah. it's just another dbz type show. when there's a fight it takes like 15 episodes to get through it because the whole time the opponents are talking to each other and having flash backs. i don't have the patience for those types of shows.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 SimpJee

nah. it's just another dbz type show. when there's a fight it takes like 15 episodes to get through it because the whole time the opponents are talking to each other and having flash backs. i don't have the patience for those types of shows.dooly420

Yeah, it is like that. I think that's why the series is so addicting, the episodes are so dang short. But with Naruto they throw in an hour special every once in a while which is nice. Also, you're in a good position since there's been a lot of episodes, you can watch an epic fight scene in one sitting instead of waiting for weeks like I had to do haha.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Black Lagoon, Death Note, Blood+, Elfen Lied
Rave-Cero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rave-Cero
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
Bleach and Naruto