What's the scariest spider you've ever seen?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

What's the scariest spider you've ever seen? I'm not talking about spiders you saw on Animal Planet, in books, or in captivity like the zoo, but I'm talking about spiders you've actually seen around your house, at camp, in the backyard, at the park, etc.?

For me, it's the Wolf Spider.

Image:Hogna helluo cropped.jpg

When I used to live in my old house, there were a lot of Black Widows. I thought they were scary. But once I moved to my new house, I saw a few of these Wolf Spiders running around. They put Black Widows to shame. They're #4 on the top 10 most dangerous spiders. Black Widows are #6.

These are scary little beasts. I haven't seen them for awhile after an exterminator came but I get scared when I sit on my carpet. Anyway, spiders frighten me, especially ones like these.

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

Argh:x, I hate spiders

But the scariest one that I seen was a black widow in my back yard

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

:|

DarkSmokeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 DarkSmokeNinja
Member since 2008 • 3485 Posts

:|

BladeOfHeaven
LOL:lol:
tri-edge99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tri-edge99
Member since 2007 • 7501 Posts

What's the scariest spider you've ever seen? I'm not talking about spiders you saw on Animal Planet, in books, or in captivity like the zoo, but I'm talking about spiders you've actually seen around your house, at camp, in the backyard, at the park, etc.?

When I used to live in my old house, there were a lot of Black Widows. I thought they were scary. But once I moved to my new house, I saw a few of these Wolf Spiders running around. They put Black Widows to shame. They're #4 on the top 10 most dangerous spiders. Black Widows are #6.

These are scary little beasts. I haven't seen them for awhile after an exterminator came but I get scared when I sit on my carpet. Anyway, spiders frighten me, especially ones like these.

ASK_Story
Same. Scared the **** out of me when I first saw one.....
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

tri-edge99

Same. Scared the **** out of me when I first saw one.....

Yeah, same here.

The way they walk is creepy. It's not like other spiders. They kind of skip a bit with their long leg span.

Real scary.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts

When I used to live in my old house, there were a lot of Black Widows. I thought they were scary. But once I moved to my new house, I saw a few of these Wolf Spiders running around.

ASK_Story

Holy **** those things run???

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

When I used to live in my old house, there were a lot of Black Widows. I thought they were scary. But once I moved to my new house, I saw a few of these Wolf Spiders running around.

Tsunami23

You'd be surprised how fast they are. They seem like they're running because they skip a little with long strides, like gliding across water, but they're doing it on the ground.

No, they don't crawl like other Spiders. They're four inches across so they look frightening on the carpet.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsunami23"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

You'd be surprised how fast they are. They seem like they're running because they skip a little with long strides, like gliding across water, but they're doing it on the ground.

No, they don't crawl like other Spiders. They're four inches across so they look frightening on the carpet.

That would creep me the **** out.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
I don't know the name, but it was some kind that lives in Australia and is the size of a window. :|

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I don't know the name, but it was some kind that lives in Australia and is the size of a window. :|

_LiquidFlame_

That is one of the reasons why I am afraid to visit Australia.

Tsunami23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tsunami23
Member since 2004 • 1352 Posts
[QUOTE="Tsunami23"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

=/

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story

_LiquidFlame_

Is it this, the Funnel Web Spider?

Image:Victorian funnelweb02.jpg

Yeah, Australia has scarier spiders than the US, and puts the wolf spider to shame.

I'd love to visit Australia one day but I'm scared to death of spiders. Those Australian spiders are crazy looking.

Jimko2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jimko2222
Member since 2006 • 236 Posts
Oh GOD I'm still afraid to visit family out in Austrailia just because the wildlife is so crazy and ugh.

I've seen some HUGE banana and hobo spiders rolling around my basement before, not that bad, but I hate spiders and when one just sneaks by or drops down on a line of web (shudders)

Also those "camel spiders" or whatever in the desert that i've seen pics of are pretty terrifying even if they arent technically regulation spiders.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
The scariest spider I've really seen is the black widow.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

I don't know what kind of spider it was. But when I first moved to Canada, I saw some sort of huge spider in my basement. It was just stuck on the wall. It was fat looking, pretty big and jet black with some grey lines.

I didn't want to get near it, so I got my broom and knocked it down and threw a soil container on it :P I'm a sissy when it comes to spiders...

cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

Every spider ive ever seen is the scariest spider ive ever seen:cry:

I hate spiders

inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
brown recluse
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
I am not really afraid of arachnids, hell I use to own a scorpion, it died though, sucks. If I ever see a spider I will crush it.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="_LiquidFlame_"]I don't know the name, but it was some kind that lives in Australia and is the size of a window. :|

ASK_Story

Is it this, the Funnel Web Spider?

Image:Victorian funnelweb02.jpg

Yeah, Australia has scarier spiders than the US, and puts the wolf spider to shame.

I'd love to visit Australia one day but I'm scared to death of spiders. Those Australian spiders are crazy looking.

3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts

I'd love to visit Australia one day but I'm scared to death of spiders. Those Australian spiders are crazy looking.ASK_Story
Haha, big spiders really aren't that common here, unless you want to sleep out in the open in some forest.
certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts
I believe it was a black widow with an abdomen larger then a golf ball, Im not normally scared of spiders, I even have a pet tarantula but that thing was just ehh >.>
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
OMFG. I HATE SPIDERS. I am sooo scared of them. If I saw one of those things in my house, I'd die. Black Widows aren't soo scary, because they're kinda small
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cyberdarkkid

I believe it was a black widow with an abdomen larger then a golf ball, Im not normally scared of spiders, I even have a pet tarantula but that thing was just ehh >.>certifieddata

It was probably this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_black_widow

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Yeah, Australia has scarier spiders than the US, and puts the wolf spider to shame.

I'd love to visit Australia one day but I'm scared to death of spiders. Those Australian spiders are crazy looking.3DayFinisher

Haha, big spiders really aren't that common here, unless you want to sleep out in the open in some forest.

True, but I heard horror stories about little funnel webs that crawl into peoples houses or makes a home inside the eye of a shovel.

It's not just the big ones that scare me. The little ones like Funnel Webs look frightening as well.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

A few weeks ago I had a strange dream. I was in a dark place and there were these blobs of matter that looked like stardust and I could feel their presence. It was different than emptyness. It's hard to explain. It was like knowing what a spider web felt like by looking at it and the only way part of me that felt it was my eyes. It was like looking into a shell of something that was missing something important.

Anyway, I started looking around and I saw these guys that looked older and I clearly heard them speaking incantations to control the creatures. they were all floating a little the way the mage ninjas in Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 hovered with one leg bent while standing on their toes with the other leg. It went black after I wanted to get away and then I felt like I was in Oblivion and everything was dark and I was near a cemetery. I think I died and then I was still aware of myself, just... dead, I guess.

I did whatever I could to get back to life. I figured that if I beat the creature that killed me I could somehow come back to life. After a while I woke up and I instantly looked out the window and I saw some huge spider at least the size of my hand move passed it. But then it just disappered.

If it helps, I'm 6'2 and I wear size 12 tennis shoes.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I hate spiders but wolf spiders aren't poisonous but black widows are
certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

It was probably this one

cyberdarkkid

Possibly, its legs were very thin and long and it had the hour glass, regardless of what it was I got the hell away from it.

3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 3DayFinisher
True, but I heard horror stories about little funnel webs that crawl into peoples houses or makes a home inside the eye of a shovel.

It's not just the big ones that scare me. The little ones like Funnel Webs look frightening as well. ASK_Story
Well of course it does happen, but not all too often, they tend to hide in dark places yeah, I think we had one living in our garage where we used to live. Funnel webs are relatively poisonous, but all you really have to remember is to hit them with something. I do get a bit surprised when theres a 5 inch huntsman on the wall :P
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
My sister turned on the water faucet in her old apartment and it poured brown recluses out. She had a really bad problem with them there.
dustincrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 dustincrider
Member since 2005 • 1553 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Tsunami23

YOU STOLE MY AVATAR!! SHENANIGANS!!

im calling shenanigans on YOU!

ps: if you think ones scary... try having one lay eggs in your house... aracaphobia has nothing on that

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Some of the spiders I saw in Tanzania were the scariest, I don't know the names of any of them though.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ASK_Story

I hate spiders but wolf spiders aren't poisonous but black widows are SAGE_OF_FIRE

Really? That's not what I heard. On a recent top 10 most dangerous spiders, Wolf Spiders are listed higher than Black Widows and do have a terrible venom.

But nothing, and I mean no spider in the world is scarier or more dealier than this sucker:

Image:Wandering spider.jpg

According to the Wiki:

The Brazilian wandering spiders appear in the Guinness Book of World Records 2007 for the most venomous spider and is the spider considered directly responsible for most human deaths due to envenomations from a spider bite.[1]

I NEVER want to come across this thing. NEVER!!!:x

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cyberdarkkid
[QUOTE="cyberdarkkid"]

It was probably this one

certifieddata

Possibly, its legs were very thin and long and it had the hour glass, regardless of what it was I got the hell away from it.

Then it was a real black widow.....A large one.

I would've done the same thing since I'm kind of an arachnophobic.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]True, but I heard horror stories about little funnel webs that crawl into peoples houses or makes a home inside the eye of a shovel.

It's not just the big ones that scare me. The little ones like Funnel Webs look frightening as well. 3DayFinisher

Well of course it does happen, but not all too often, they tend to hide in dark places yeah, I think we had one living in our garage where we used to live. Funnel webs are relatively poisonous, but all you really have to remember is to hit them with something. I do get a bit surprised when theres a 5 inch huntsman on the wall :P

Image:Huntsman spider.jpg

I don't care if they're not poisonous, but these get a scare factor for just being huge!

I never seen a big spider like this around my house, but that is one freaky looking beast!:o

gatorteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gatorteen
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
Huntsman spiders. They might not get as big as they do in australia, but here in florida they are pretty huge.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
I actually like spiders, sumthing about having 8 legs has always intriguied me :P
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ASK_Story

I actually like spiders, sumthing about having 8 legs has always intriguied me :PII_Seraphim_II

Hate and being scared of them are two different things.

I think spiders are amazing creatures and awesome to look at...but only on like National Geographic or in pictures.:P

But they scare me when I see them in real life.

I don't hate them at all. They're just frightening.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]I hate spiders but wolf spiders aren't poisonous but black widows are ASK_Story

Really? That's not what I heard. On a recent top 10 most dangerous spiders, Wolf Spiders are listed higher than Black Widows and do have a terrible venom.

But nothing, and I mean no spider in the world is scarier or more dealier than this sucker:

Image:Wandering spider.jpg

I NEVER want to come across this thing. NEVER!!!:x

Looks like it has red testicles on its face.

3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 3DayFinisher
I don't care if they're not poisonous, but these get a scare factor for just being huge!

I never seen a big spider like this around my house, but that is one freaky looking beast!:o ASK_Story
I agree haha, the ones most kids get their daddies to deal with. sometimes it's hard to find something big enough to trap them properly, let alone when they're scurrying around. I don't think I've seen a fully grown wild one, but there have been some big ones in the past.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

there are no harmful spiders in the UK where I live, now summer has passed we are starting to get more and more of these house spiders in our house so i let my cat curb stomp them.

stormtrooper32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stormtrooper32
Member since 2004 • 2221 Posts
Looking at those spiders makes me shiver, god I hate those things. I saw a wolf spider in my basement once and I shot it with my airsoft gun.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

I actually like spiders, sumthing about having 8 legs has always intriguied me :PII_Seraphim_II

I guess that's how you like you're women :P

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Theokhoth

I love that motivational poster. :lol:

though if I ever saw a spider like that in my house (which I shouldn't since I don't live in Australia), I would probably get the crap scared out of me (possibly literally). :(

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]I don't care if they're not poisonous, but these get a scare factor for just being huge!

I never seen a big spider like this around my house, but that is one freaky looking beast!:o 3DayFinisher

I agree haha, the ones most kids get their daddies to deal with. sometimes it's hard to find something big enough to trap them properly, let alone when they're scurrying around. I don't think I've seen a fully grown wild one, but there have been some big ones in the past.

I don't think I can handle that. I'd probably faint or end up at a hospital with a heart attack if I saw something like that crawling in my room.

socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
A big hairy wolf spider crawled out from under my deck when I lived in Ontario :(
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
saw a brown recluse in my house
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ASK_Story

saw a brown recluse in my house-DirtySanchez-

Those are scary too.

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts

Goliath spiders or something can be up to a foot across and have inch long fangs.

EDIT: Here's a pic

The image

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
I hate Spiders. I am sooooooooooo scared of them.