What to do? (girl help thread)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rayno82
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well I've never had a girlfriend before (I'm halfway through highschool, I should have one..), and I have no idea how physically attractive I am, although I do see girls looking at me in the halls but I don't know if it's just my imagination or not. Anyways I kind of have a crush on this girl for a while, but I gave up on the idea last year because I figured she definately wasn't interested in me (I was different then and was kinda dumb you could say). But it all changed because now I think she could like me. In the two classes we have together I've looked behind and made eye-contact and at the end of class when we were waiting for the bell to go she was kind of swaying side to side and looking in my direction every once in a while. Not only that but now when I try to look either she's looking in my general direction or darts away really fast. But this could all be in my imagination. I can tell she is kind of shy and isn't the most popular, she is about the same as me popularity-wise. One time my group needed to seperate from eachother and I went to her group and asked a question in her general direct and we made eye contact and she answered my question :D. What should I do? I don't know if it's safe to just go up to her about homework or something because it might be weird. I was also thinking of just saying 'I like you' straight to her face but I need to make sure she likes me too... Help!
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Just start up a conversation and then after talking a little ask her for her number.

gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
Just start talking to her really. Ask her how she is, or whats new. Start to get to know each other, as long as you keep having conversation things should go smoothly for you.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

Talk to her. It's not that difficult.

rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rayno82

LJS9502_basic
There is no reason for me to just approach her randomly, it would seem weird. What are some ways I could figure out if she likes me or a way to get in a situation where I could talk to her?
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

rayno82

There is no reason for me to just approach her randomly, it would seem weird. What are some ways I could figure out if she likes me or a way to get in a situation where I could talk to her?

Walk up to her and throw out a random comment on something that happened during class or something then introduce yourself and just ask her questions to get a convo going.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

rayno82

Just see her around and ask her a question about something you guys did in class... now if you're perfect and have no questions, then pretend you don't know something. lol
RevolutionGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RevolutionGun
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts
The wall of text made me click quick reply instantly. Whatever your problem is always remember. Just do it.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

rayno82

Walk up and ask her something. You are in class together.
rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rayno82

[QUOTE="rayno82"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

LostProphetFLCL

Walk up to her and throw out a random comment on something that happened during class or something then introduce yourself and just ask her questions to get a convo going.

no way, introducing myself would be lame, but I guess I could wait for something in class to happen that's worth talking about, but I was hoping to just talk to her tomorrow and I need to think of something! She's really smart! And she often says stuff in class that I was thinking so maybe I could just make a comment across the room about something she said like agree with her so she'll notice me. :)
rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rayno82

All you have to do is talk to her. Try it. It always works. I should know, because I'm a girl. ;)

Lilyanne46
Wouldn't you be creeped out if a random guy you barely know just starts talking to you? I don't know if she knows me or not.
ProtestTheJOEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtestTheJOEL
Member since 2009 • 1015 Posts
[QUOTE="rayno82"]Well I've never had a girlfriend before (I'm halfway through highschool, I should have one..), and I have no idea how physically attractive I am, although I do see girls looking at me in the halls but I don't know if it's just my imagination or not. Anyways I kind of have a crush on this girl for a while, but I gave up on the idea last year because I figured she definately wasn't interested in me (I was different then and was kinda dumb you could say). But it all changed because now I think she could like me. In the two classes we have together I've looked behind and made eye-contact and at the end of class when we were waiting for the bell to go she was kind of swaying side to side and looking in my direction every once in a while. Not only that but now when I try to look either she's looking in my general direction or darts away really fast. But this could all be in my imagination. I can tell she is kind of shy and isn't the most popular, she is about the same as me popularity-wise. One time my group needed to seperate from eachother and I went to her group and asked a question in her general direct and we made eye contact and she answered my question :D. What should I do? I don't know if it's safe to just go up to her about homework or something because it might be weird. I was also thinking of just saying 'I like you' straight to her face but I need to make sure she likes me too... Help!

first of all theres no "I should have a gf by now" so dont worry about that man, and yea just talk to her and maybe just casually ask her to 'hang out' not as a date but as friends, see where it goes from there
aka_Static

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aka_Static
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

Chances are she knows who you are (considering it's high-school related), so you don't need to introduce yourself. All you have to do is start small talk over an assignment, something the teacher did or something another student did... Something everybody can relate to. But it all boils down to talking. TALK TO HER...Don't tell her you like her until you know her, or at least hang out with her a couple times.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Say Hi, then go on saying *Did you did the HW for 'x' class, mind helping me for this 'x' topic" You got this bruh
rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rayno82

Chances are she knows who you are (considering it's high-school related), so you don't need to introduce yourself. All you have to do is start small talk over an assignment, something the teacher did or something another student did... Something everybody can relate to. But it all boils down to talking. TALK TO HER...Don't tell her you like her until you know her, or at least hang out with her a couple times.

aka_Static
Okay, I guess I'm just going to try to talk to her a few times tomorrow in class or something. I'm a bit nervous but I should be okay.. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
The wall of text made me click quick reply instantly. Whatever your problem is always remember. Just do it. RevolutionGun
That's seriously a "wall of text" to you? Wow.
rayno82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rayno82
[QUOTE="RevolutionGun"]The wall of text made me click quick reply instantly. Whatever your problem is always remember. Just do it. GodofBigMacs
That's seriously a "wall of text" to you? Wow.

I just want to say that's the best Haiku I've ever read.
D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts

Halfway through highschool and you think that you NEED a girlfriend? What bullcrap. I'm in university and I haven't had one yet, and I'm doing just fine!

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Oh em gee you made eye contact with a girl, now if you look behind you and she's already looking at you and you see her look away. Then she might like you. Next time if you make eye contact, smile and wave or something.

I always do this with my friends in the halls that are girls, I don't think they like me.

Try to hang out with her more, talk to her more.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58315 Posts

[QUOTE="rayno82"]Well I've never had a girlfriend before (I'm halfway through highschool, I should have one..), and I have no idea how physically attractive I am, although I do see girls looking at me in the halls but I don't know if it's just my imagination or not. Anyways I kind of have a crush on this girl for a while, but I gave up on the idea last year because I figured she definately wasn't interested in me (I was different then and was kinda dumb you could say). But it all changed because now I think she could like me. In the two classes we have together I've looked behind and made eye-contact and at the end of class when we were waiting for the bell to go she was kind of swaying side to side and looking in my direction every once in a while. Not only that but now when I try to look either she's looking in my general direction or darts away really fast. But this could all be in my imagination. I can tell she is kind of shy and isn't the most popular, she is about the same as me popularity-wise. One time my group needed to seperate from eachother and I went to her group and asked a question in her general direct and we made eye contact and she answered my question :D. What should I do? I don't know if it's safe to just go up to her about homework or something because it might be weird. I was also thinking of just saying 'I like you' straight to her face but I need to make sure she likes me too... Help!ProtestTheJOEL
first of all theres no "I should have a gf by now" so dont worry about that man, and yea just talk to her and maybe just casually ask her to 'hang out' not as a date but as friends, see where it goes from there

werd

when youre ready for a girl, the girl will come to you.

Kinda like Field of Dreams, y'know, if you build it, they will come or whatev it goes