What's your internet speed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

is that mobile broadband?

i use mobile broadband and usually get speeds like that or worse. i can only watch netflix in low quality mode. online gaming is a non runner with ping regularly in the many 100s. watching low quality youtube videos is also not a fun process. I also have a 60GB cap....though bigger wouldnt do much good anyway due to the speed of the connection.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I think it is 10Mps. Does the job.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dogswithguns

@osan0 said:

i use mobile broadband and usually get speeds like that or worse. i can only watch netflix in low quality mode. online gaming is a non runner with ping regularly in the many 100s. watching low quality youtube videos is also not a fun process. I also have a 60GB cap....though bigger wouldnt do much good anyway due to the speed of the connection.

No.. it's my home DSL.. it's pretty sad I know.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

12 up/12 down but my apartment is supposed to upgrade to 30mbps at some point soon

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

These threads....

daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts

3MB down, 250kb up.

It sucks, wish we would get the NBN already ...

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@Dogswithguns said:

@osan0 said:

No.. it's my home DSL.. it's pretty sad I know.

Where do you live in?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By osan0

@alim298: the west of ireland where we still communicate by smoke signals and its probably faster to physically post the data packets through snail mail :P

ah no in fairness there is faster available to me in terms of a landline. i just rent at the moment and need to see if everything is ready to go or if work needs to be done so i can get the better services. 70Mb/s download should do the job.

worst case scenario (landlord does not alow me to get it installed) 4G is also on its way here (as i say...smoke signals...i wasnt completely joking :D) so that should make it more bearable.

@dogswithguns: that cant be right. for a landline thats incredibly low. what speed are you paying for?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

I didn't even know it was possible to have 0 ping...

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dogswithguns

@osan0 said:

@alim298: the west of ireland where we still communicate by smoke signals and its probably faster to physically post the data packets through snail mail :P

ah no in fairness there is faster available to me in terms of a landline. i just rent at the moment and need to see if everything is ready to go or if work needs to be done so i can get the better services. 70Mb/s download should do the job.

worst case scenario (landlord does not alow me to get it installed) 4G is also on its way here (as i say...smoke signals...i wasnt completely joking :D) so that should make it more bearable.

@dogswithguns: that cant be right. for a landline thats incredibly low. what speed are you paying for?

$33 a month.. I'm thinking about switching to other service, I can get up to 4meg but it costs $54 a month.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

10mbh

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0

@Dogswithguns: Are you living in the middle of nowhere? Has it always been that slow?

If you are not then i would be wondering if there is an issue on the line that could be causing such a low speed.

i was thinking, maybe, network congestion but a classic symptom of that is a much bigger upload rate than a download rate (i just ran a speed test..got 0.33mb/s download but 1.5mb/s upload. my service provider is known to be very bad on the congestion front). you dont have that problem.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dogswithguns

@osan0 said:

@Dogswithguns: Are you living in the middle of nowhere? Has it always been that slow?

If you are not then i would be wondering if there is an issue on the line that could be causing such a low speed.

i was thinking, maybe, network congestion but a classic symptom of that is a much bigger upload rate than a download rate (i just ran a speed test..got 0.33mb/s download but 1.5mb/s upload. my service provider is known to be very bad on the congestion front). you dont have that problem.

I live in America, they have crappy internet and high cost... altho I could get better service cable Comcast faster but not much as fast, still high cost, rip off. it's the way it is.. I want fiber optic but no such thing around here.