what is the best smart phone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrPickle
Member since 2011 • 370 Posts

yo peeps im looking at buying a new smart phone.

Wonder what you guys thing I should get?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
HTC One.
j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
Really impressed with my sony xperia z, the picture quality is amazing and its water proof, can take calls even under water lol
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#5 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Android is the best os, I really like my Droid Razr Maxx HD

Chrypt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Chrypt22
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts

Samsung's phones are beating the tar out of the competition.  All reviews compairing the new S4 to the latest phones has the S4 winning hands down.  Don't ignore the Windows 8 phones either... they are pretty slick and are gaining some ground. Iphones are nothing but a trendy choice and are too controlling over how their product is used and its starting to reflect in the market.  You can get a lot more for your money by choosing Android or even the new Windows Phone. 

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#7 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Quite like my iPhone. Feels sturdy unlike Samsung models.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
probably the htc one i have one, even overclocks nicely from 1.7 ghz to 2.1 ghz w/o any issues
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

Really impressed with my sony xperia z, the picture quality is amazing and its water proof, can take calls even under water lolj_assassin

I have the xperia TL (the flagship sony phone before the z) and I love it. Sony has really stepped their game up with phones recently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Why put the Galaxy over the HTC One for your Android representative?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blueresident87

Guppy507

Because the Galaxy is 'it' right now, I guess...

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
I have the Galaxy S3 and I love it, but if I were to pick a different phone it would be the Nokia Lumia 925.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

LG G2

LG G2 officially announced

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Guppy507
No idea considering the HTC One is consistently voted the current best smartphone on the market by industry reviewers.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

ferrari2001
No idea considering the HTC One is consistently voted the current best smartphone on the market by industry reviewers.

HTC One usually only wins in build quality and gets points for the front facing speakers. Everything else it loses to the S4. Also the S4 is among the last high end phones that let you remove the battery or put your own SD card in plus having the fast quad core cpu with 2GB of RAM on a 5" 1080p screen and a 13MP camera. Nothing else comes close to the technical specs of the S4 right now.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blueresident87

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="Guppy507"]

Kurushio

HTC One usually only wins in build quality and gets points for the front facing speakers. Everything else it loses to the S4. Also the S4 is among the last high end phones that let you remove the battery or put your own SD card in plus having the fast quad core cpu with 2GB of RAM on a 5" 1080p screen and a 13MP camera. Nothing else comes close to the technical specs of the S4 right now.

It's not all about specs

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="Guppy507"]

Kurushio

The HTC One uses the same Snapdragon 600 SoC as the Galaxy S4. The only hardware difference being the LPDDR3 ram inside the GS4 (the HTC One uses LPDDR2).

The LG G2 uses Snapdragon 800 and 2GB LPDDR3.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'm waiting for the new nexus

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I'm looking to get the HTC One in the near future. Not a fan of the iphone or Windows Phone.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
HTC One. ferrari2001
Literally the best phone on the market.
Jethawk11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jethawk11
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

I still really like the iPhone 5, though some of the Android options on the market right now (S4, HTC One,) are pretty tempting.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

I went from a Andriod 4.0 phone to an iphone 5. So far i have to say i like the iphone better, its just feels more polished. Plus the apps seem to just run better, with less problems. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Samsung Galaxy 4S.....
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

Guppy507
It's a great phone. Best battery life.....better camera....better than the One.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

I had the Galaxy 4S but I much prefer the iPhone 5. Honestly it's not really a question anyone can answer without personal bias; I'm not a fan of android as an operating system in general. I dont like all the bloatware which you cant delete. Customisation is great if that's your thing, but personally I prefer simplicity which the iPhone 5 has in spades. I find the iPhone much more intuitive and elegant in design. The OS is sometimes on the wrong side of minimalist, but I prefer to the mess that android can be sometimes.

You're better off getting a range of opinions and seeing what sounds most similar to your preferences. If you go into any decent store they should also let you play around with a few different models if you show genuine interest in buying at least one of them.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

I had the Galaxy 4S but I much prefer the iPhone 5. Honestly it's not really a question anyone can answer without personal bias; I'm not a fan of android as an operating system in general. I dont like all the bloatware which you cant delete. Customisation is great if that's your thing, but personally I prefer simplicity which the iPhone 5 has in spades. I find the iPhone much more intuitive and elegant in design. The OS is sometimes on the wrong side of minimalist, but I prefer to the mess that android can be sometimes.

You're better off getting a range of opinions and seeing what sounds most similar to your preferences. If you go into any decent store they should also let you play around with a few different models if you show genuine interest in buying at least one of them.

Ninja-Hippo

doesn't the iphone have "bloatware" you can't delete?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]

lostrib

doesn't the iphone have "bloatware" you can't delete?

No none at all. It comes with a basic suite of apps that you cant remove, but they're built into the OS; things like the web browser, email client, phone contacts, messaging and stuff like that. My last android phone had like four pages of crap that you couldn't remove without jailbreaking the phone.
DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrPickle
Member since 2011 • 370 Posts

Guys really, i just want something that has a very high productivity and quality. I want something to stay with me a looong time.

I also have an ipad and considering getting a macbook, but no iphone. So maybe I should be considering an iphone as well? (Im not the biggest fan of apple, but they make quality products and that why I buy them)

I'm more inclinded to S4, if anyone can advice me on it it would be great considering that thats the most probable thing im gonna buy if someone doesnt convince me otherwise.

I have no idea whatsoever on HTC One, never knew anyone who had one.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
The iWiener
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Voted Iphone. My first phone was an Iphone 3GS, then I got a Galaxy S2 last year. Unfortunately I've had quite a lot of problems related with this S2 because of software issues, that have caused everything from freezing, to battery drain, I know people say (Just Root/Flash Roms) but I don't know how to go through that process and feel like it's more annoyance then it's worth just to have a stable phone to rely on. My next phone will likely be an Iphone, although I may just get a Google branded phone so I don't need to deal with carriers ruining phones.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
There is no sense in getting the iPhone since a new version will be coming out soon. If you can wait you can either get the current iPhone for cheap or you can get the newest one. HTC One is a good phone, but is inferior to the Galaxy S4 in every spec besides front facing speakers and being aluminum body construction. That to me is really meaningless since i always put a case on my phones to help against any possible drops. If battery life is your concern then the Droid Razr Maxxx HD is the best, but there will be a new Droid Maxxx coming out soon that will replace it as well. For me i liked that the S4 has a very good 13MP camera (nokia i think has a 42MP, but you may as well get a real camera if you need that much), is pretty much future proof for running any programs for the foreseeable future, has a big screen (which can be kinda a negative) at 1080p res, good battery life, and tons of features (that admittedly i probably wont use most, but some are really cool). In a lot of ways it feels like having windows on my phone since there are like 3 ways to do almost anything you want to do.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Dumb phone crew checking in

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
if you want literally the best... the newest galaxy is going to be it. i prefer HTC phones myself. they typically have a nice design and the their UI is the best android UI I think.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Guys really, i just want something that has a very high productivity and quality. I want something to stay with me a looong time.

I also have an ipad and considering getting a macbook, but no iphone. So maybe I should be considering an iphone as well? (Im not the biggest fan of apple, but they make quality products and that why I buy them)

I'm more inclinded to S4, if anyone can advice me on it it would be great considering that thats the most probable thing im gonna buy if someone doesnt convince me otherwise.

DrPickle
Look into the Nokia Lumia Range. Very good quality phones and something different from Android, Apple and Blackberry which all look the same (the UI)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic
if you want literally the best... the newest galaxy is going to be it. i prefer HTC phones myself. they typically have a nice design and the their UI is the best android UI I think. MuD3
I used to have an HTC.....not impressed.
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
i've had the incredible, evo 3d and incredible 4g and loved them all. don't like any of the other android ui's
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib

i've had the incredible, evo 3d and incredible 4g and loved them all. don't like any of the other android ui's MuD3

Sense is nice but a little resource heavy

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

pantech Vega LTE-A (shame its only in south korea and taiwan). the phone has the best parts money will fit in it plus it has lte-a support. its only downside is that it has a weaker battery than most high end phones. it has a battery life something closer to a last gen flagship

http://vr-zone.com/articles/pantech-vega-lte-a-goes-official-5-6-inch-full-hd-screen-snapdragon-800-fingerprint-scanner/49639.html

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Prefer the iphone
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="DrPickle"]

FelipeInside

Look into the Nokia Lumia Range. Very good quality phones and something different from Android, Apple and Blackberry which all look the same (the UI)

Windows Phone 8, is still really unpolished, and i'm not talking about the Appstore. I know Nokia's top phone the 920 had all kinds of issues related to poor Windows 8 software, not to mention Microsoft STILL haven't launched a video service store for it in 2013.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="DrPickle"]

TwistedShade

Windows Phone 8, is still really unpolished, and i'm not talking about the Appstore. I know Nokia's top phone the 920 had all kinds of issues related to poor Windows 8 software, not to mention Microsoft STILL haven't launched a video service store for it in 2013.

I have the Lumia 820 and no issues whatsoever with Windows Phone 8. A few bugs here and there which they fix straight away. As for the App Store, it's already up to 150,000+ apps in 2 years and growing. I just like how it handles everything differently from the same old icon grid base etc.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I don't get smart phones...

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside

I don't get smart phones...

cyborg100000
Same as a normal phone but they let you do more things, like email, take photos, social media etc.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#44 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

Blueresident87
best os arguably bested by worst name to date
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

BiancaDK

The problem I've always had with Android is that it's too open. So one phone never looks the same as the other (this can also be a good thing of course).

But with an open system comes THIS

Not saying the other systems are 100% safe, but I've heard some bad stories from Android users.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#46 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"][QUOTE="Blueresident87"]

FelipeInside

The problem I've always had with Android is that it's too open. So one phone never looks the same as the other (this can also be a good thing of course).

But with an open system comes THIS

Not saying the other systems are 100% safe, but I've heard some bad stories from Android users.

viewn in the greater scheme of things, does what smartphone you have really play that big of a deal
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Love my HTC one and and can't wait to upgrade to the One