What if Zimmerman were black and arrested for the shooting? Sharpton's response?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

This thread is not to debate whether or not Zimmerman should have been arrested by now, there are other threas doing that. This one is to try and show the story from a different view but with the same reaction from Sharpton. This is a real CNN article, just flipped some things around and changed names. Let's switch the story up some and see how it plays out.....

(CNN) --On February 26 in Sanford, Florida, 17-year-old Travis Martin was shot and killed while walking home from a convenience store.

The incident hassparked nationwide conversations, debates and ralliesabout whether race played a role in Martin's death. Martin is caucasian, and his admitted shooter, neighborhood watch volunteer George Glimmerman, is black. Also under fire is Florida's so-called "Stand Your Ground" law, which allows people to use force in self-defense.

According to a report in the Orlando Sentinel, Glimmerman told police that he lost sight of Martin and was returning to his SUV when the teen approached him. The two exchanged words, according to Glimmerman, who said Martin then punched him in the nose. Glimmerman said he was repeatedly punched and had his head slammed into the sidewalk, according to the Sentinel. He began yelling, he told police, before shooting in self-defense.

Glimmerman is being held in the case pending further investigation, though his lawyer has said his client shot Martin in self-defense.

Al Sharpton, black civil rights leader has already stepped in to make a case and rally support for Glimmerman, who he says should never have been arrested or detained. ""We can not allow for it to be a legal precedent that a legally armed black man can be arrested for defending himself," Sharpton said. "Glimmerman was obviously attacked by Martin, just look at the beating he took, unless the Sanford Police Department wants to take credit for that."

Rallies have occured across the country protesting Glimmerman's arrest calling it racially biased. "If this case were turned around no way does the white guy get arrested!" says one protester.

There is also support calling for the conviction of Glimmerman. "Race should not matter here, all I know is a kid is dead and the shooter is behind bars." Says one caucasian counter-protester. (Yes I threw this in here to show the hypocrisy of what some Zimmerman supporters might turn up)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humor me here folks. All I am merely displaying is why the black community needs to stop listening to Sharpton. If the Trayvon Martin case were reversed you would still have the same reactions, just from a different point of view. Right now you have the "black community" led by Sharpton (at least in the media) calling for Zimmerman's head and angry he was not arrested at the scene. I have no doubt if Zimmerman were black under the same circumstances and he were arrested at the scene (what they want in the real situation) he would be getting Al Sharpton's full support and there would be screams of racism against the Sanford Police Dept. This is why people need to stop following the likes of Al Sharpton. He is capitalizing off of Trayvon's death, period.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I'm guessing that if Zimmerman were arrested, regardless of his skin color or race, that it wouldn't have even made the national spot light in the first place so Sharpton wouldn't have said anything.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
Al Sharpton would be on the other side if the races were switch. Guaranteed.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
what if people stopped listening to a race worrier about race issues, in that case i think the world would be a better place
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Most white people here will probably say it wouldn't make a difference etc etc. But it probably would.

Al Sharpton is a knob though.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 surrealnumber5
meant warrior but either works for a man who has mad a living off of the sale of fear anger and all else that is evil.
WebHead-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WebHead-
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

If it were flipped around it wouldnt make sense, zimmerman persued the kid because he was "shady" and im assuming just because he was black he assumed he was on drugs or had drugs on him. If it was a white guy walking he wouldn't even have phoned 911.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
The thing is there isn't an epidemic of black people being killed by other races but there is an epidemic of blacks killing blacks. People with a stage such as Sharpton should be taking that on with the same diligence as this.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vfibsux

If it were flipped around it wouldnt make sense, zimmerman persued the kid because he was "shady" and im assuming just because he was black he assumed he was on drugs or had drugs on him. If it was a white guy walking he wouldn't even have phoned 911.

WebHead-
Get out more, plenty of thuggish looking white kids these days.
WebHead-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WebHead-
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="WebHead-"]

vfibsux

damn howd you know I stayed in all day, but in all seriousness I doubt he looked suspicious, maybe because of his clothing, its like that time in high school when I walked out with yogurt from home and I was wearing a "gangster" jacket and the school constable was accusing me of stealing it from the cafeteria, he got owned a couple days later though from my mom yelling

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vfibsux

WebHead-

I'm guessing that if Zimmerman were arrested, regardless of his skin color or race, that it wouldn't have even made the national spot light in the first place so Sharpton wouldn't have said anything. HoolaHoopMan
A conceal/carry card permit carrying neighborhood watch member black man in a questionable shooting arrested....I think it would get plenty of attention.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="WebHead-"]

WebHead-

damn howd you know I stayed in all day, but in all seriousness I doubt he looked suspicious, maybe because of his clothing, its like that time in high school when I walked out with yogurt from home and I was wearing a "gangster" jacket and the school constable was accusing me of stealing it from the cafeteria, he got owned a couple days later though from my mom yelling

I agree with you, it sucks that our brains are wired to run on stereo-types but it is what it is. I have a shaved head and tattoos so people think I am a Nazi or something. Surprise, I am USAF Intelligence and married to a black woman. I say that in all seriousness, stereo-types suck. I have a personal stake in this so called "black leadership" because they hurt race relations which is bad for my multi-racial kids. I pray for a day when we don't have to mark race on a bubble sheet. Sadly we will never live long enough to see it.
killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

I could be completly wrong here but the ONLY reason im mad here is because it does not seem as if the police properly handled this situation. At the very least the guy could of been taken in for questioning or what not. There are just little things that dont add up like he said he had a broken nose and stuff yet he was never originally reported for having that nor did he get any type of medical attention on the scene.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vfibsux

I could be completly wrong here but the ONLY reason im mad here is because it does not seem as if the police properly handled this situation. At the very least the guy could of been taken in for questioning or what not. There are just little things that dont add up like he said he had a broken nose and stuff yet he was never originally reported for having that nor did he get any type of medical attention on the scene.

killblade37
Please stay on topic here, there are like three threads debating the guilt/innocence and the police actions on scene.
Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts
One thing we can count on, whatever the rev Al's response, he would deliver it throught that damn bullhorn of his. Maybe if we can get his bullhorn away from him, he'll be easier for everyone to just ignore. To be honest, I usually can't understand half what the fat bastard is saying. Between the distortion of the bullhorn and his ebonic dialect, most of it sounds like gibberish to me. Very loud gibberish.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vfibsux
[QUOTE="collegeboy64"]One thing we can count on, whatever the rev Al's response, he would deliver it throught that damn bullhorn of his. Maybe if we can get his bullhorn away from him, he'll be easier for everyone to just ignore. To be honest, I usually can't understand half what the fat bastard is saying. Between the distortion of the bullhorn and his ebonic dialect, most of it sounds like gibberish to me. Very loud gibberish.

This is not a bash Al Sharpton because he is black topic, you obviously have the wrong thread. You lost me at ebonic dialect.......you got the wrong place, Bigot's-R-Us is two doors down.
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Doesn't make any sense. The whole reason he was involbved was becasue of the injustice; no-one was arrested. If Zimmerman was arrested in this case, Sharpton wouldn't be involved in the first place.

spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spacedog1973

Doesn't make any sense. The whole reason he was involbved was becasue of the injustice; no-one was arrested. If Zimmerman was arrested in this case, Sharpton wouldn't be involved in the first place.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 surrealnumber5

spacedog1973
laika, you forget that racism requires no logic, and that is why sharpton makes no sense.
Victalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Victalis
Member since 2012 • 105 Posts
If Zimmerman was "black" he would be handcuffed and bludgeoned to near death because you know all police wake up everyday and ask how can I **** over "black" people.
spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spacedog1973

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 surrealnumber5
If Zimmerman was "black" he would be handcuffed and bludgeoned to near death because you know all police wake up everyday and ask how can I **** over "black" people.Victalis
sometimes i try to mimmic OT, but i rarely succeed. props on the satire
Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts
[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="collegeboy64"]One thing we can count on, whatever the rev Al's response, he would deliver it throught that damn bullhorn of his. Maybe if we can get his bullhorn away from him, he'll be easier for everyone to just ignore. To be honest, I usually can't understand half what the fat bastard is saying. Between the distortion of the bullhorn and his ebonic dialect, most of it sounds like gibberish to me. Very loud gibberish.

This is not a bash Al Sharpton because he is black topic, you obviously have the wrong thread. You lost me at ebonic dialect.......you got the wrong place, Bigot's-R-Us is two doors down.

I thought I was being polite calling it ebonic dialect. But, whatever. Its your thread. I'll just move along.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Did Sharpton get on his mega phone and fly to Kansas City to console the parents of a 13 year old white boy who was doused in gasoline and lit on fire by 16 year old black kids, and then proceeded to be told "this is what you deserve. You get what you deserve, white boy"?

Victalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Victalis
Member since 2012 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="Victalis"]If Zimmerman was "black" he would be handcuffed and bludgeoned to near death because you know all police wake up everyday and ask how can I **** over "black" people.surrealnumber5
sometimes i try to mimmic OT, but i rarely succeed. props on the satire

Ah thanks, its ludicrous how some people view the police.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I'm guessing that if Zimmerman were arrested, regardless of his skin color or race, that it wouldn't have even made the national spot light in the first place so Sharpton wouldn't have said anything. HoolaHoopMan

yup

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
So it was Sharpton's racism that spurred this all on... and everyone fell into his plan like clockwork.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gen007

So it was Sharpton's racism that spurred this all on... and everyone fell into his plan like clockwork.foxhound_fox

You give him way too much credit. People would be angry regardless of what he has said.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gen007

So it was Sharpton's racism that spurred this all on... and everyone fell into his plan like clockwork.foxhound_fox

You give him way too much credit. People would be angry regardless of what he has said.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vfibsux

spacedog1973
You obviously did not get the point. Sharpton wants Zimmerman arrested because he killed a black kid. If Zimmerman were black and killed a white kid in the same manner Sharpton would be on the side of self defense of a permit carrying black man who was protecting his neighborhood. In other words, this is not about Trayvon, it is about an agenda and Sharpton remaining relevant.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vfibsux

spacedog1973

You obviously did not get the point. Sharpton wants Zimmerman arrested because he killed a black kid. If Zimmerman were black and killed a white kid in the same manner Sharpton would be on the side of self defense of a permit carrying black man who was protecting his neighborhood. In other words, this is not about Trayvon, it is about an agenda and Sharpton remaining relevant

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vfibsux
Nope, but he and his ilk certainly fan the flames.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
Sharpton wouldn't have said a thing if it wasn't a black kid.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
If Zimmerman was black obviously the racial implications of the shooting would be different. That's not a groundbreaking revelation. And to assume that there would be outrage from people like Sharpton if the shooter was black and was arrested is baseless.
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

If Zimmerman was black obviously the racial implications of the shooting would be different. That's not a groundbreaking revelation. And to assume that there would be outrage from people like Sharpton if the shooter was black and was arrested is baseless. -Sun_Tzu-
I'm struggling to recall a time when Sharpton ever made a stink about black on black murders.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]If Zimmerman was black obviously the racial implications of the shooting would be different. That's not a groundbreaking revelation. And to assume that there would be outrage from people like Sharpton if the shooter was black and was arrested is baseless. Planet_Pluto

I'm struggling to recall a time when Sharpton ever made a stink about black on black murders.

Exactly.
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Planet_Pluto

[QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]If Zimmerman was black obviously the racial implications of the shooting would be different. That's not a groundbreaking revelation. And to assume that there would be outrage from people like Sharpton if the shooter was black and was arrested is baseless. -Sun_Tzu-

Exactly.

Something that I've never quite understood (and perhaps I'm just being naive about it) is why exactly is Sharpton completely absent when it comes to, say, black on white violence. That is, just for the purposes of lining his pockets, if he were to make a big stink about a few of those types of crimes in addition to the ones he already jumps into the middle of, wouldn't that give him at least some credibility? (and ultimately more money, which I believe is the primary reason for all of his "stuff") Rather than being known as a sort of "white people are the problem" kind of guy, wouldn't he better serve himself being an across-the-board "racism is bad" kind of guy?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]I'm struggling to recall a time when Sharpton ever made a stink about black on black murders.

Planet_Pluto

Exactly.

Something that I've never quite understood (and perhaps I'm just being naive about it) is why exactly is Sharpton completely absent when it comes to, say, black on white violence. That is, just for the purposes of lining his pockets, if he were to make a big stink about a few of those types of crimes in addition to the ones he already jumps into the middle of, wouldn't that give him at least some credibility? (and ultimately more money, which I believe is the primary reason for all of his "stuff") Rather than being known as a sort of "white people are the problem" kind of guy, wouldn't he better serve himself being an across-the-board "racism is bad" kind of guy?

I'm not one to defend the actions of the good reverend.
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Planet_Pluto

[QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Exactly. -Sun_Tzu-

I'm not one to defend the actions of the good reverend.

I didn't mean to imply that you are or would. It's just something I've wondered about and anyone on this forum's guess is as good as mine (although really, I don't even have a good guess. If I were on his PR staff, it'd be a no-brainer).

Charazani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Charazani
Member since 2011 • 2919 Posts
Moving collegeboy up my list.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Renevent42
What I don't understand is how people like Sharpton are still able to do this kind of race baiting and persecution of presumed guilty white people after stuff like the Duke Lacrosse Team fiasco. Why do people still listen to these ideologues? Did he ever apologize to those boys? I mean, they practically had people ready to tear those boys apart with their bare hands...
Easports48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Easports48
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

"Crickets"....Just Crickets.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Why are people going after Al Sharpton?

He was a civil rights leader who endured extreme racism in his younger years. He's an old man with a lot of history. What use is it to point out hypothetical situations with the aim paint him as a hypocrite? Let's say you do succeed and Al Sharpton is deemed a hypocrite. Does this somehow invalidate all his exposure on racial disparity?

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Planet_Pluto

He was a civil rights leader who endured extreme racism in his younger years. He's an old man with a lot of history. What use is it to point out hypothetical situations with the aim paint him as a hypocrite? Let's say you do succeed and Al Sharpton is deemed a hypocrite. Does this somehow invalidate all his exposure on racial disparity?

Blue-Sky

Dude, he thrust himself into the middle of this. People aren't allowed to comment on his actions (both present and prior)?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#48 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

He would be Uncle Ruckus.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Renevent42

Blue-Sky

Because history seems to be repeating itself? Does any of them consider the damage they do to people who end up being innocent? OR if not innocent, at the very least not the racists monsters Sharpton et al make them to be?

The point isn't to "invalidate is past good works"...I don't even know where you came up with that...the point is to show the damage this type of ignorance and rabid idiocy causes.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#50 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

Planet_Pluto

Dude, he thrust himself into the middle of this. People aren't allowed to comment on his actions (both present and prior)?

It just seems like creating hypothetical situations to make him look like a hypocrite is something only people on the Off-Topic section of a video game site's forum would do.