What if Japan never attacked the United States?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

And the U.S. continued to only have a limited role in the European front, do you think the NAZI empire would of been the most dominant force in the world? Would the U.S. still be what it is today?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Kind of hard being a dominant force when they couldn't make it past Soviet winters.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
It's possible the Russians would have still won though it would have taken much longer and the amount of their population killed would have been even higher. That said a USSR that spans from France to Japan wouldn't be a very good thing.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.
Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Sajo7
Really? i though the soviets were able to continue because of the western front in europe, making hitler focus on 2 fronts?
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
There would have been no intervention in the Korean war, because American would have still been hesitant to go into foreign afairs if they were not attacked. Then we would have a legit ruler of asia:
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
maybe we would have found a way to get involved regardless, and even in the absence of the US's role in the war let's not discount the fight the Soviet Union took to Germany
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ace6301
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.SonyNintendoFan
Really? i though the soviets were able to continue because of the western front in europe, making hitler focus on 2 fronts?

The Russians were already pushing out by D-Day. I think it's pretty likely they would have gotten to Berlin eventually. Though being able to retreat west would probably cause problems. I sort of doubt the main reich leaders would have left Germany proper though.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.SonyNintendoFan

I think the Soviets were already pushing towards Berlin when America showed up.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ace6301
America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. Fightingfan
Oh please America helped plenty. Some people vastly overestimate their contribution but America still was a massive help in both giving money and supplying troops and weapons. On the Pacific front the US damn near won by themselves. Pretty sure in this scenario though Russia wouldn't be stopping in Asia and would probably take over Manchuria, Japan and Korea.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44618 Posts
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Ace6301

The Russians were already pushing out by D-Day. I think it's pretty likely they would have gotten to Berlin eventually. Though being able to retreat west would probably cause problems. I sort of doubt the main reich leaders would have left Germany proper though.

I'm not a history buff either but I thought two of the big battles to shift momentum on the Soviet side were the battles at Stalingrad and Kursk, and those occurred before the D-Day invasion.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

There would have been no intervention in the Korean war, because American would have still been hesitant to go into foreign afairs if they were not attacked. Then we would have a legit ruler of asia:  StaticOnTV

Nope

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention.

WWII would have lasted longer if it was only the Soviets, and more nations might have been covered by German western expansion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

If japan never attacked America, America would have attacked japan first and the war would have happened any way. 

whether the outcome would be better or worse I cannot say. 

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StaticOnTV

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"]There would have been no intervention in the Korean war, because American would have still been hesitant to go into foreign afairs if they were not attacked. Then we would have a legit ruler of asia:  lostrib

Nope

Yes, what other country tried to intervene in the Korean war? no one? yep. As said from the great Kim-jong-un: Nuclear weapons dont kill people. People kill people who dont have nuclear weapons.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention.

WWII would have lasted longer if it was only the Soviets, and more nations might have been covered by German western expansion.

Oh I totally agree. I simply don't like how America claims sole domination of Nazi Germany when they barely did anything.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"]There would have been no intervention in the Korean war, because American would have still been hesitant to go into foreign afairs if they were not attacked. Then we would have a legit ruler of asia:  StaticOnTV

Nope

Yes, what other country tried to intervene in the Korean war? no one? yep. As said from the great Kim-jong-un: Nuclear weapons dont kill people. People kill people who dont have nuclear weapons.

Actually it was a UN action.  But you are assuming that Japan would have lost control of Korea.  Without the intervention of the US, it is quite possible they would not have.  And either way, Kim jong un would not rule asia at all.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace6301
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] Yes, what other country tried to intervene in the Korean war? no one? yep. As said from the great Kim-jong-un: Nuclear weapons dont kill people. People kill people who dont have nuclear weapons.

Quite a number actually as it was a move by the UN. The US did field the largest number of troops though. In the event of Russia being the sole benefactor of WW2 as I said it's likely Manchuria, Japan and Korea would be under control of the USSR. Say what you will about the soviets but they were at least respectful enough to remain out of the other Allies hair when it came to post-WW2 delegation of land.
I'm not a history buff either but I thought two of the big battles to shift momentum on the Soviet side were the battles at Stalingrad and Kursk, and those occurred before the D-Day invasion.lamprey263
Yeah they had already happened and momentum was on the Russians side.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention. Fightingfan

Oh I totally agree. I simply don't like how America claims sole domination of Nazi Germany when they barely did anything.

and you are foolish to clame that the US barely did anything

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention.

We destroyed the concentration caps, the USSR did not give to craps. We stopped Japan expansion and USSR would not have done an end war move like dropping nukes, nor did they really have any at the time, and the death count fighting the japanese would not be worth it if THEY managed to get control from those proud people. We stopped German western expansion and saved france, USSR did not give a crap. etc. etc. etc.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

What if Alexander the Great didn't get sick and die?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
FDR wanted into the war badly, so there's no guarantee that the lack of the Pearl Harbor bombings would mean no American involvement.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

We were pretty much already in the war before the Japanese attacked. so it wouldn't really matter.

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention. Fightingfan

Without the US support (even before the attack) the Allies would of lost. Even the mightly USSR got a ton of US aid during the war. 

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] WWII would have lasted longer if it was only the Soviets, and more nations might have been covered by German western expansion.

We destroyed the concentration caps, the USSR did not give to craps. We stopped Japan expansion and USSR would not have done an end war move like dropping nukes, nor did they really have any at the time, and the death count fighting the japanese would not be worth it if THEY managed to get control from those proud people. We stopped German western expansion and saved france, USSR did not give a crap. etc. etc. etc.

Generally in war it doesn't matter if you stop expansion if you take down the capital the rest falls.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

And the U.S. continued to only have a limited role in the European front, do you think the NAZI empire would of been the most dominant force in the world? Would the U.S. still be what it is today?

SonyNintendoFan
Strange 'what if' considering FDR picked a fight with the Japanese in order to get into the war in order to ally with the Brits.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] WWII would have lasted longer if it was only the Soviets, and more nations might have been covered by German western expansion.lostrib

and you are foolish to clame that the US barely did anything

In comparison to Russia.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] WWII would have lasted longer if it was only the Soviets, and more nations might have been covered by German western expansion.

You are embarrassing yourself. Not only did the USSR liberate concentration camps but they were the first of the Allies to do so. And the USSR's invasion of Manchuria was one of the main reasons for Japan surrendering, if not the main reason.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Oh I totally agree. I simply don't like how America claims sole domination of Nazi Germany when they barely did anything.

You are embarrassing yourself. Not only did the USSR liberate concentration camps but they were the first of the Allies to do so. And the USSR's invasion of Manchuria was one of the main reasons for Japan surrendering, if not the main reason.

Yep the nukes did not lead to the surrender while the Russians did NOTHING at the time of the bombings. Also Russia stopped liberating camps later on. At least look on history. You probably think Lincoln freed the slaves soley because of human rights looking at your failed attempt at historics.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Oh I totally agree. I simply don't like how America claims sole domination of Nazi Germany when they barely did anything.

I agree with your first part but not the second. USSR invaded Manchuria in between atomic strikes. It wasn't until the 2nd atomic bomb went off and they thought we had many more they surrendered. They were willing to defend the mainland down to hand to hand combat against a conventional attack if they had to.
StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 StaticOnTV
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Oh I totally agree. I simply don't like how America claims sole domination of Nazi Germany when they barely did anything.

Generally in war it doesn't matter if you stop expansion if you take down the capital the rest falls.

This has been disproven may time man.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] We destroyed the concentration caps, the USSR did not give to craps. We stopped Japan expansion and USSR would not have done an end war move like dropping nukes, nor did they really have any at the time, and the death count fighting the japanese would not be worth it if THEY managed to get control from those proud people. We stopped German western expansion and saved france, USSR did not give a crap. etc. etc. etc.StaticOnTV

Yep the nukes did not lead to the surrender while the Russians did NOTHING at the time of the bombings. Also Russia stopped liberating camps later on. At least look on history. You probably think Lincoln freed the slaves soley because of human rights looking at your failed attempt at historics.

They sent over 1.5 million men into manchuria, destroying the Japanese army of 1.2 million

Japenese losses

83,737 KIA
640,276 POWs

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Sajo7

The US and Britain were instrumental in destroying much of Germany's infrastructure and oil production well before D-day. Allied bomber command inflicted devastating damage on Germany's ability to maintain itself. Had they had no limitation of supplies and not been losing a war of attrition, then the soviets may have fared even worse than they did. Russia really didnt win the eastern front, Germany lost it. Until Zhukov showed up, russia's tactics were atrocious.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] We destroyed the concentration caps, the USSR did not give to craps. We stopped Japan expansion and USSR would not have done an end war move like dropping nukes, nor did they really have any at the time, and the death count fighting the japanese would not be worth it if THEY managed to get control from those proud people. We stopped German western expansion and saved france, USSR did not give a crap. etc. etc. etc.

I agree with your first part but not the second. USSR invaded Manchuria in between atomic strikes. It wasn't until the 2nd atomic bomb went off and they thought we had many more they surrendered. They were willing to defend the mainland down to hand to hand combat against a conventional attack if they had to.

It is something that is subject to debate but the Japanese had literally no resources to spare to defend the mainland from the east because they had to worry about the US coming in from the south. Both Russia and the US played an integral role in forcing Japan to surrender.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] You are embarrassing yourself. Not only did the USSR liberate concentration camps but they were the first of the Allies to do so. And the USSR's invasion of Manchuria was one of the main reasons for Japan surrendering, if not the main reason. Person0

They sent over 1.5 million men into manchuria, destroying the Japanese army of 1.2 million

Japenese losses

83,737 KIA
640,276 POWs

Yea but look at the timeline. The soldiers in Manchuria fought even after the mainland Japanese surrendered.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Actually Hitler was fighting in 3 fronts. Hitler withdrew a lot offorces on the Western Front to fight against the Russians in the East and it was the Winter that halted the German advance, together with uprisings that took place that slowed down the troops and Russian Forces fighting incredibly hard to stop the Germans. When the Germans woke up to tanks that wouldn't start, jackets that wouldn't keep them warm, lack of food and basic supplies due to their supply lines being stretched so far and having a force competely prepared for the harsh winter have working equipment, appropriate clothes and working vechiles counter attack.. the Germans didn't have a chance.If it wasn't for the weather, who knows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Rattlesnake_8

Actually Hitler was fighting in 3 fronts. Hitler withdrew a lot offorces on the Western Front to fight against the Russians in the East and it was the Winter that halted the German advance, together with uprisings that took place that slowed down the troops and Russian Forces fighting incredibly hard to stop the Germans. When the Germans woke up to tanks that wouldn't start, jackets that wouldn't keep them warm, lack of food and basic supplies due to their supply lines being stretched so far and having a force competely prepared for the harsh winter have working equipment, appropriate clothes and working vechiles counter attack.. the Germans didn't have a chance.If it wasn't for the weather, who knows.

It wasnt just the weather. They were dealing with a logistical nightmare. To supply an army across that big of a front with dwindling resources. They were already losing the battle of attrition far before Stalingrad.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Kind of hard being a dominant force when they couldn't make it past Soviet winters.DroidPhysX

ah but theres the rub.....if the U.S. didn't enter the war Germany's Western Front would be strong enough to add more troops vs the Russians and would have won.

The 2-front war cost Germany the war, certainly Britain couldn't stop Germany on the West front alone, and even Italy would have been Axis to the end.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AFBrat77

Exactly right.....Russia would have been defeated without the U.S. entering the war. By the way the U.S. supplied Britain AND Russia with supplies before 12/1941

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AFBrat77

America didn't win WW2, or help win WW2. The Soviets did. WW2 wasn't about D-day or battle of the bulge; it was about getting Nazi Germany out of Berlin. Which is what the Soviets were doing, and would of eventually accomplished without Roosevelt intervention. Fightingfan

Wrong answer.....the U.S. were just as important to winning the War as the Soviets. Fact.

Keep in mind what the U.S. did in the Pacific, also keep in mind the number of supplies the U.S. sent to both Britain and the Soviets before and during the war.

Nobody denies the Soviets took the brunt of the war, but without the U.S. entering and causing a formidable 2-front war, the Soviets would have lost.

Oh, and by the way, the only reason the Russians got to Berlin first was because the U.S. and British troops were held back by Eisenhower, much to the dismay of Patton and Montgomery. The U.S. decided to give Russia much of what became the Eastern Bloc because of a deal made between FDR and Stalin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.AFBrat77

Exactly right.....Russia would have been defeated without the U.S. entering the war. By the way the U.S. supplied Britain AND Russia with supplies before 12/1941

Not necessarily. One point that many people forget, is that Russia and Germany were actually allies at the start of the war. They had a nonaggression pact and Russia invaded parts of Poland as well as scandanavia during the beginning. It was their incredibly poor performance in attacking Finland - I believe - that led to hitler viewing russia as weak. Despite this, Russia was an enormous front. Not only did they have far more people than Germany, they had too much land to cover. Logistically, the German army would have an incredibly difficult time subduing that entire area. Many people believe that Russia had crappy military tech, but at the onset of the war, their tanks were amongst the best. They just had a poor and depleted officer corps thanks to stalin and his communistic purges. The US and Britain creating a "second front" probably wasnt as insturmental as the US and Britain destroying Germany's economy and production capabilities through the allied bombing campaign.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] You are embarrassing yourself. Not only did the USSR liberate concentration camps but they were the first of the Allies to do so. And the USSR's invasion of Manchuria was one of the main reasons for Japan surrendering, if not the main reason. -Sun_Tzu-

It is something that is subject to debate but the Japanese had literally no resources to spare to defend the mainland from the east because they had to worry about the US coming in from the south. Both Russia and the US played an integral role in forcing Japan to surrender.

Alot of the problem with the Japanese having no resources is because of American submarine warfare. In the pacific the sub warfare was the reverse.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

SonyNintendoFan
I don't think so. If Hitler had somehow succeeded at defeating Russia, he would have declared war on the US. It then depends on if he could have had developed nukes and a way to bomb the US in time. I think they would have, but the US would have also. There was no way they could have invaded and held the US, it is far to big and far away from Germany. I also believe that Hitler also would've attacked Japan eventually, and the Nazi empire would've either been defeated by the US/Japan or collapsed from within (as the US and USSR have shown, it is really hard to occupy countries) They could've still been around if Hitler decided that he was fine controlling europe, but I don't think that could happen.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]

Jacobistheman

I don't think so. If Hitler had somehow succeeded at defeating Russia, he would have declared war on the US. It then depends on if he could have had developed nukes and a way to bomb the US in time. I think they would have, but the US would have also. There was no way they could have invaded and held the US, it is far to big and far away from Germany. I also believe that Hitler also would've attacked Japan eventually, and the Nazi empire would've either been defeated by the US/Japan or collapsed from within (as the US and USSR have shown, it is really hard to occupy countries) They could've still been around if Hitler decided that he was fine controlling europe, but I don't think that could happen.

Yea in Hitler's second book he stated he feared the Americans the most because they were ethnically superior and everything (mainly being white people) with a huge population and nearly unlimited resources. He said America was his ultimate target after Europe.

The Nazis were developing long range stealth bombers to nuke American cities at the very end of the war.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Sajo7

But the question is whether they could've made it if it were not a two front war. The Germans pushed to moscow and were turned around because the supply chain got too long (and the russian winter was bad), there is a good chance that Germany would've made a counter push again if there weren't a second and 3rd front (Africa) to worry about. Also, Germany could've pushed into the middle east and taken russia from the south, which would have probably been more successful according to everything I read.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If the US stayed out of WW2 and assuming Lend-Lease never happened, Great Britain could have fallen. At the very least, she would've been isolated from help. British bases in North Africa and the Middle East most likely would've fallen along with the Suez Canal. All the men and materiel in western Europe could've been used to strenghten the Eastern Front. Imagine Rommel going on a rampage at the steppes of Russia instead of North Africa.

The Japanese would've been in secure control of the western Pacific with full access to the raw materials she required. Knowing the US will not be a threat, the Japanese could've been more bold with the IJN being able to send fleets of warships to the European Theater. After all, Japan was allied with Germany and Italy. I doubt the Royal Navy could've taken on Japan's well-trained carrier groups.

Who knows how bold the Japanese could've been? If Japan didn't have to keep watch on the US and were able to concentrate their efforts in China, would the Siberians (who were keeping watch on the Japanese) have been able to reinforce the armies fighting the Germans out west?

Edit:

What if Hitler asked Japan to open a second front and threaten areas like Vladivostok in order to tie down large numbers of Soviet troops?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
US wouldve entered the war anyways. A lot of them wanted to go because of unrestricted submarine warfare and zimmerman's note. Pearl Harbor was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]I'm by no means an expert but my impression is that the Soviets would've taken care of things sooner or later. Feel free to correct me WW2 buffs.Ace6301

That's also assuming that Germany couldn't have taken England or Germany would have kept the same forces on the Western front or the Russians would have had air superiority and managed to do the same bombing the Americans did.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"] Really? i though the soviets were able to continue because of the western front in europe, making hitler focus on 2 fronts?slimjimbadboy

That's also assuming that Germany couldn't have taken England or Germany would have kept the same forces on the Western front or the Russians would have had air superiority and managed to do the same bombing the Americans did.

The Russians air forces were similar in function to the Luftwaffe which meant they were used primarily for tactical/battlefield operations. I don't think the Russians put much credence on strategic bombing after several attempts ended up being a disaster. The Russians had a 4-engined bomber, the Pe-8. Unfortunately, only 93 were built. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

If the US stayed out of WW2 and assuming Lend-Lease never happened, Great Britain could have fallen. At the very least, she would've been isolated from help. British bases in North Africa and the Middle East most likely would've fallen along with the Suez Canal. All the men and materiel in western Europe could've been used to strenghten the Eastern Front. Imagine Rommel going on a rampage at the steppes of Russia instead of North Africa.

The Japanese would've been in secure control of the western Pacific with full access to the raw materials she required. Knowing the US will not be a threat, the Japanese could've been more bold with the IJN being able to send fleets of warships to the European Theater. After all, Japan was allied with Germany and Italy. I doubt the Royal Navy could've taken on Japan's well-trained carrier groups.

Who knows how bold the Japanese could've been? If Japan didn't have to keep watch on the US and were able to concentrate their efforts in China, would the Siberians (who were keeping watch on the Japanese) have been able to reinforce the armies fighting the Germans out west?

Edit:

What if Hitler asked Japan to open a second front and threaten areas like Vladivostok in order to tie down large numbers of Soviet troops?

jun_aka_pekto
I dont think Britain ever would have fallen, Germany didnt have the navy for a cross channel invasion.