What could the U.S. government do to control Immigration and lessen illegals?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Canon-Gatorade
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts
This is another common issue with our economy, and national security among other things. Some of the solutions below were stated by other politicians. Should we focus more on deporting illegals? Should we make the immigration tests easier? Should we make the Immigration tests harder? Should we let in people that won't even half-way attempt english? Should we allow immigrants to have temporary control of business? Should we allow parents, even if entered illegally, have instant citizen ship if: a) the child was born in the country b)The child was raised in the country for X amount of time. Should we deport illegals that have been in the country for years? Personally, I am still weighing out the options, but there is a difference between breaking into the country and going through, whether to gain help from a country in trouble, or just to be in a place where there are large opprotunities(which is not as accurate as it was years ago.) IN MY OPINION, we should deport those that come here illegally because if we reward them, than what's the point of going through the legal system to get citizen ship? That makes no sense. As for the other issues, I am still looking into, and maybe you people have some solutions I could look at.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

If only I had just went out and had a bunch of babies it wouldn't have taken over 4 years to get a permanent resident card for the states. It's almost like they don't want skilled workers moving there.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Canon-Gatorade

If only I had just went out and had a bunch of babies it wouldn't have taken over 4 years to get a permanent resident card for the states. It's almost like they don't want skilled workers moving there.

slimjimbadboy
That seems like a poor defense for breaking into something though,
Scissorman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scissorman88
Member since 2013 • 154 Posts

SHOOT ILLEGALS ON SIGHT

AS FOR THOSE BEING LEGAL, THERE ARE ALREADY PROCESSES YOU'D NEED TO GO THROUGH, PASS THAT, AND BAM, U.S CITIZEN

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I am not sure. I am on the fence on this issue. I sort of think we should grant amnesty so they can start paying taxes and supporting our government and ect... I do think a lot of the time its the companies fault for hiring illegal immigrants. We should start with harsher punishments for people who hire illegals immigrants (I think).
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

SHOOT ILLEGALS ON SIGHT

AS FOR THOSE BEING LEGAL, THERE ARE ALREADY PROCESSES YOU'D NEED TO GO THROUGH, PASS THAT, AND BAM, U.S CITIZEN

Scissorman88
shooting an illegal = murder
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
What ever we do, we should not allow anyone here illegally to have a pathway to citizenship one way or the other without them leaving. The Us granted "amnesty" to illegals years ago and it just sent a message to those here now that if they break our laws by entering the country without going through the proper channels, nothing will happen to them and they will eventually get to be US citizens. Well, that is BS and if they cannot come here properly, then they do not deserve citizenship no matter why they are here.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

Canon-Gatorade

That seems like a poor defense for breaking into something though,

Not going to lie, I didn't read the OP. Just wanted to point out that it's much harder for legitimate cases to enter and live in the states as oppose to doing illegally. I lived in the states under school/work visas prior to the green card if that's what you were referring to in quote.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

Shooting illegal immagrants on site would probably do something. It would be terribly inhumane and awful, but it would help control illegal immagration.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Canon-Gatorade
What ever we do, we should not allow anyone here illegally to have a pathway to citizenship one way or the other without them leaving. The Us granted "amnesty" to illegals years ago and it just sent a message to those here now that if they break our laws by entering the country without going through the proper channels, nothing will happen to them and they will eventually get to be US citizens. Well, that is BS and if they cannot come here properly, then they do not deserve citizenship no matter why they are here.WhiteKnight77
What about the ones that are illegal that have been here for years? I am in the minority here, but I think those who come out admitting they are illegal, like there was a CNN thing where they came out because they want there parents and think they should be legal citizens because they are like 14-16 years old illegal in the country, I think all those should be kicked out. You have been taking away resources for years, and you want relatives of yours to be instant citizens because of it?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="Scissorman88"]

SHOOT ILLEGALS ON SIGHT

NEWMAHAY
shooting an illegal = murder

How about the shooting the lawbreakers as they run around the fence at legal border crossings (yeah, they do this too)? I am also for planting mine fields across the southern border, 300 yards deep. Some would be pressure mines, others would be pressure release mines.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Either way, we shouldn't give out blanket amnesty. It sets an extremely bad precedent and it's immoral. We can't reward criminal behavior, and we can't punish those who weren't responsible for their parents actions.

Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canon-Gatorade

Either way, we shouldn't give out blanket amnesty. It sets an extremely bad precedent and it's immoral. We can't reward criminal behavior, and we can't punish those who weren't responsible for their parents actions.

airshocker
We can't punish those who weren't responsible for their pareants actions? So like that CNN thing, if they have been in the country illegally for years, and come out wanting to gain citizen ship immediately and asking for their parents as well, we should just give it to them? I may be in the minority but that does not make any sense to me, not only because those kids who are now teenagers plus were snuck in, but they have been occupying space and contributing to the consumtion of resources legal citizens should have the right to get and more. Yes they should be punished of they don't come out and state it when they are ABLE to asap. If you are in a situation where you can be honest, and you don't, that makes no sense at any logical angle.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

We can't punish those who weren't responsible for their pareants actions? So like that CNN thing, if they have been in the country illegally for years, and come out wanting to gain citizen ship immediately and asking for their parents as well, we should just give it to them? I may be in the minority but that does not make any sense to me, not only because those kids who are now teenagers plus were snuck in, but they have been occupying space and contributing to the consumtion of resources legal citizens should have the right to get and more. Yes they should be punished of they don't come out and state it when they are ABLE to asap. If you are in a situation where you can be honest, and you don't, that makes no sense at any logical angle.Canon-Gatorade

I fail to see how you got any of that from my statement.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]What ever we do, we should not allow anyone here illegally to have a pathway to citizenship one way or the other without them leaving. The Us granted "amnesty" to illegals years ago and it just sent a message to those here now that if they break our laws by entering the country without going through the proper channels, nothing will happen to them and they will eventually get to be US citizens. Well, that is BS and if they cannot come here properly, then they do not deserve citizenship no matter why they are here.Canon-Gatorade
What about the ones that are illegal that have been here for years? I am in the minority here, but I think those who come out admitting they are illegal, like there was a CNN thing where they came out because they want there parents and think they should be legal citizens because they are like 14-16 years old illegal in the country, I think all those should be kicked out. You have been taking away resources for years, and you want relatives of yours to be instant citizens because of it?

No matter how long in they have been in the country, they are lawbreakers and they do not deserve citizenship awarded to them due to the fact that they have been here 16 or so years.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Canon-Gatorade
[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]What ever we do, we should not allow anyone here illegally to have a pathway to citizenship one way or the other without them leaving. The Us granted "amnesty" to illegals years ago and it just sent a message to those here now that if they break our laws by entering the country without going through the proper channels, nothing will happen to them and they will eventually get to be US citizens. Well, that is BS and if they cannot come here properly, then they do not deserve citizenship no matter why they are here.WhiteKnight77

No matter how long in they have been in the country, they are lawbreakers and they do not deserve citizenship awarded to them due to the fact that they have been here 16 or so years.

But like I said, we are in the minority, and I am not sure if there is a compromise, unless you know one I can't think of.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Canon-Gatorade
If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.Laihendi
Is getting welfare really that simple for the average citizen?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.Laihendi
'cept for the raging cartel blood baths in mexico
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Laihendi"]If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.Canon-Gatorade

Yes because hospitals are forced by law to serve people even if they don't pay.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Canon-Gatorade
[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.Laihendi

I am talking the other part of the welfare programs.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="Laihendi"]If the state would open borders and stop funding welfare programs that they (among others) abuse then we wouldn't have to worry about immigrants at all.Laihendi

so those people should just die if they need help?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"] Is getting welfare really that simple for the average citizen?

Other welfare programs such as medicaid and public education are problematic with regards to immigrants because immigrants generally come here without any money or high paying job so they are not paying much in taxes even if/when they do become citizens. This lowers the quality of healthcare and education in this country because it increases the amount of people benefiting from these programs without adequately contributing to them.
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
Have them participate in a competition. If they do well, they get to stay. If they do poorly they get shipped back to their country of birth in a plane full of chickens.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Canon-Gatorade
[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes because hospitals are forced by law to serve people even if they don't pay.

Other welfare programs such as medicaid and public education are problematic with regards to immigrants because immigrants generally come here without any money or high paying job so they are not paying much in taxes even if/when they do become citizens. This lowers the quality of healthcare and education in this country because it increases the amount of people benefiting from these programs without adequately contributing to them.

What about EBT, food stamps, and those other ones?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"] Is getting welfare really that simple for the average citizen?MakeMeaSammitch

If you are concerned about people dying from lack of adequate medical care then feel free to start a charity organization to address that problem. Your bleeding heart liberal agenda is not an excuse to steal my money. If you want to help someone then you do it. I should not be forced to help a stranger. I should be able to keep my money to help myself and those who are important to me.
Canon-Gatorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Canon-Gatorade

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"] Is getting welfare really that simple for the average citizen?MakeMeaSammitch

I don't know why, but I laughed when I read this. I think that should still be kept as long as they aren't helping some illegal homicidal maniac, which luckily there are not too many of those.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes because hospitals are forced by law to serve people even if they don't pay.Laihendi

If you are concerned about people dying from lack of adequate medical care then feel free to start a charity organization to address that problem. Your bleeding heart liberal agenda is not an excuse to steal my money. If you want to help someone then you do it. I should not be forced to help a stranger. I should be able to keep my money to help myself and those who are important to me.

It's a yes or no question. Do you think that people should be left to die if they can't pay or don't have insurance?

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] Yes because hospitals are forced by law to serve people even if they don't pay.Laihendi

If you're that selfish of a person, then your opinion doesn't matter.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Laihendi
[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"] I am talking the other part of the welfare programs.

What about EBT, food stamps, and those other ones?

Those are all government enforced theft. That establishes the principle that the government is allowed to take money from one man and spend it on whatever it think it should be spent on. That is immoral and destructive, because it denies the individual property rights and forces him to obey a violent government that is threatening him at the point of a gun.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
don't deport the illegals, put them in prisons for life.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Laihendi

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]so those people should just die if they need help?

MakeMeaSammitch

If you're that selfish of a person, then your opinion doesn't matter.

If you can't refute a statement, then your negative opinion of that statement does not matter.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="Canon-Gatorade"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] No matter how long in they have been in the country, they are lawbreakers and they do not deserve citizenship awarded to them due to the fact that they have been here 16 or so years.

But like I said, we are in the minority, and I am not sure if there is a compromise, unless you know one I can't think of.

There is no compromise. If you are an illegal here, you do not get to become a citizen nor should get any type of amnesty to become one or at least a "legal" resident.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]so those people should just die if they need help?

Guybrush_3

It's a yes or no question. Do you think that people should be left to die if they can't pay or don't have insurance?

Lai ignores questions in which he knows that he's boxed in.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Laihendi

Guybrush_3

No, I think they should be left to take responsibility for their own lives or find someone who will help them without being threatened at gunpoint by the government.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WhiteKnight77
don't deport the illegals, put them in prisons for life. Lonelynight
The Mexican Government does that, though maybe not for life.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If you are concerned about people dying from lack of adequate medical care then feel free to start a charity organization to address that problem. Your bleeding heart liberal agenda is not an excuse to steal my money. If you want to help someone then you do it. I should not be forced to help a stranger. I should be able to keep my money to help myself and those who are important to me.Laihendi

No, I think they should be left to take responsibility for their own lives or find someone who will help them without being threatened at gunpoint by the government.

Contradictory answer.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

You are asking a loaded question. Why is it a problem in the first place?

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If you are concerned about people dying from lack of adequate medical care then feel free to start a charity organization to address that problem. Your bleeding heart liberal agenda is not an excuse to steal my money. If you want to help someone then you do it. I should not be forced to help a stranger. I should be able to keep my money to help myself and those who are important to me.Laihendi

I sincerely hope that you get cancer and can't afford chemo treatment.

ultimate irony.

also, you don't work, you don't pay taxes.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Wood chippers at all borders.  

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

MakeMeaSammitch

ultimate irony.

He can leech off his parents, bro

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] No, I think they should be left to take responsibility for their own lives or find someone who will help them without being threatened at gunpoint by the government.DroidPhysX

ultimate irony.

He can leech off his parents, bro

but that would contradict his whole personal responsiblity ideals.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

That looks an awful lot like a "yes" to me.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Your answer doesn't make sense you say no but then you make it sound like yes they should be left to die.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DroidPhysX
It's already been established that Lai is a social darwinist.
JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

If someone breaks into your house, you don't offer them a sandwich and a place to stay. I say total lock-down of the border, and anyone who can't produce papers be deported immediately. If they won't go, DHS has 1.6 billion rounds that can be put to use. They are clearly breaking the law. Would a American citizen get a free pass breaking the law in another country? HELL NO!

If they want to learn English, are a hard worker, pay taxes, and go through the process like everyone else, I'm all for it. But for them to come over and demand a free ride is outrageous.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

The opposite of what they are doing now haha.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
Go after the employers....
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Laihendi

Guybrush_3

Your answer doesn't make sense you say no but then you make it sound like yes they should be left to die.

You are creating a false dilemma. A person doesn't have to receive socialized medicine or die. You are showing an obvious statist bias.
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Laihendi

MakeMeaSammitch

ultimate irony.

It is ironic that you consider me to be an awful person and you to be a good person, when you are the one hoping for others to die of cancer whereas I do not wish harm on anyone. I don't think this is even the first time you have said something like this.