What are your achievements in life so far?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Graduated college, got a job I kinda like,married to my beautiful wife and am now building a house.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Getting my Ph.D. Getting married. Living all across the US. Running a 1/4 marathon, Being happy.

jimkabrhel

What's your PhD in?

Chemistry

How difficult was it? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

Came out of university with more money than I had upon entering. pianist

Wow, how did you manage that? I'm actually expecting that once I finish uni, I'll have a lot of debts to pay off.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"] What's your PhD in?Lethalhazard

Chemistry

How difficult was it? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing.

Every man and his dog are getting a PhD's these days. I wanted to get one in History, but after seeing an "expert" contributer on Fox News who had one, I'm starting to have second thoughts.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Stepping on RAM and breaking it -500g
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Well, I've grown immensely in my spiritual walk with Christ, my emotional health, my education (graduated college and am now in seminary), my relationships (many strong friendships and good family bonds), etc. I'm rather content in my achievements.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

[QUOTE="pianist"]

Came out of university with more money than I had upon entering. Lonelynight

Wow, how did you manage that? I'm actually expecting that once I finish uni, I'll have a lot of debts to pay off.

Scholarship offers. I wasn't able to keep all of it, but enough of the $150 000 to ensure I would have made money even if I didn't work in the summers - which I did.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

[QUOTE="pianist"]

Came out of university with more money than I had upon entering. pianist

Scholarship offers. I wasn't able to keep all of it, but enough of the $150 000 to ensure I would have made money even if I didn't work in the summers - which I did.

What jobs did you do? Kinda hard to imagine you practicing for hours a day and still manage to get a job while studying.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pianist

What jobs did you do? Kinda hard to imagine you practicing for hours a day and still manage to get a job while studying.Lonelynight

I only worked during the summers. I worked at a bank for a few summers, a museum for a few summers, and even a restaurant as a dishwasher (felt I wanted to get that sort of experience at some point in my life, as odd as it may sound). There's plenty of time to practice and work during the summer, just like you can practice and keep up with your studies during the academic year. It's all about discipline and good time management.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Well, I got this:

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

none. i didn't graduate high school, had to take summer school, failed out of art school, and even trade school.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

What jobs did you do? Kinda hard to imagine you practicing for hours a day and still manage to get a job while studying.pianist

I only worked during the summers. I worked at a bank for a few summers, a museum for a few summers, and even a restaurant as a dishwasher (felt I wanted to get that sort of experience at some point in my life, as odd as it may sound). There's plenty of time to practice and work during the summer, just like you can practice and keep up with your studies during the academic year. It's all about discipline and good time management.

How did you get your scholarships anyway? With high school grades?
carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

[QUOTE="MetalGear_Ninty"][QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Getting my Ph.D. Getting married. Living all across the US. Running a 1/4 marathon, Being happy.

jimkabrhel

What's your PhD in?

Chemistry

Did you get a master's degree as well? Or did you go straight to a PhD?

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
Surviving 3 years of college and almost about to graduate.
cornholio157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 cornholio157
Member since 2005 • 4603 Posts

I graduated from high school... :(. Wow I did nothing amazing...MgamerBD

same here. done nothing that stands out or anyone really cares about besides myself

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#66 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Well, I've been fighting disease from 22 which has overtaken my ability to go to school or work. I don't have any degree or major work experience as all my time was spent simply fighting to keep my head above water. I've survived, so I suppose still being alive in the face of incredible odds is my greatest accomplishment in life so far.

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
A few things im proud of. 1. Beating my horrible agrophobia 2. never been in trouble with the police in my life 3. Buying my 1st car with my own money That's just three achievements, but i have a lot more to work towards.
BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#68 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

[QUOTE="BiancaDK"]eh i ended up being better than most males at FPS games /phailBaconbits2004
Congrats. ^^ I ended up being better than most females. o.O Funny this thread comes up at this time, because I'm actually working on something... I plan on walking across America. From Michigan to California. o_O

c´mon dude that´s so 60s.

pogostick is the way to go

1. Beating my horrible agrophobia.aero250

easier to just get a 3rd party program to watch how much hate you build up, instead.

Failtard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Failtard
Member since 2009 • 220 Posts

i got my xbox 360 without my parent's permission :Dname294
Wow that's gangsta man, how'd you do it? And are they alright with you keeping it?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts
i have a patent :wink:
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

On Gears of War weekly leaderboards I was ranked 4th....bloody huge achievement :D

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Erm my Black Belt, leaving school with 14 grade A-Cs and a pass at ICT GNVQ and leaving 6th form with an A, B and C at AS level and 2 B's at A2 :)
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
i have a patent :wink:comp_atkins
What is it
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 pianist

Well, I've been fighting disease from 22 which has overtaken my ability to go to school or work. I don't have any degree or major work experience as all my time was spent simply fighting to keep my head above water. I've survived, so I suppose still being alive in the face of incredible odds is my greatest accomplishment in life so far.

Rekunta

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. :o What disease is it?

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

Erm my Black Belt, leaving school with 14 grade A-Cs and a pass at ICT GNVQ and leaving 6th form with an A, B and C at AS level and 2 B's at A2 :)tofu-lion91

Are you going to Uni?

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Rekunta

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

pianist

I have a Desmoid tumor located behind my left chest wall. Also known as Aggressive Fibromatosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggressive_fibromatosis

Here's a slide from a past MRI I had done. It's growing into my lung andis dangerously nearmy heart, so chronic chemo is necessary to stunt its growth as it's non-resectable (there's an artery and my main nerves to my left arm are going right through it, so no surgeon will touch me with a ten foot pole):

grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 grenadexjumpr
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

Only 2 things.

1. Being named to the All-State football team.

2. Youngest manager in Costco history haha big whoooop.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

I followed through with guitar lessons and I can actually play now. Yes, my only real achievement is actually not quitting. But, alas, I'm still in middle-school, not much that can be achieved besides staying happy.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Rekunta
Actually, that's more of an achievement than most people can hope to achieve, and I'm not just saying that. Here's to you, mate.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pianist

I have a Desmoid tumor located behind my left chest wall. Also known as Aggressive Fibromatosis:

Here's a slide from a past MRI I had done. It's growing into my lung andis dangerously nearmy heart, so chronic chemo is necessary to stunt its growth as it's non-resectable (there's an artery and my main nerves to my left arm are going right through it, so no surgeon will touch me with a ten foot pole):

Rekunta

Well that just genuinely sucks; there's nothing more to say. Is this life threatening in its current state? If so, I'm not sure why a surgeon would refuse to try to remove it. Even if you lost the use of your left arm, at least you'd be alive. If the chemo is keeping it under control, though, it's understandable.

It's my sincere hope that researchers will develop new and more precise surgical techniques that will allow for the removal of the tumor so you can lead a normal life. Preferably sooner than later. Best wishes.

zobo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 zobo93
Member since 2005 • 1254 Posts

Social Studies Student of the Year in 8th grade!

ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts

[QUOTE="pianist"]

[QUOTE="Rekunta"]

Rekunta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aggressive_fibromatosis

That truly, honestly, sucks. Best luck be with you, man.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Eh nothing much, left school with good grades, went college, dropped out to work with my dad, decided the job wasn't for me, went back to college studying Motorcycle Engineering, had a motorcycle accident so I was unable to catch up with work. I had to quit college but plan on taking a course that starts in January. I'm really hoping to get into the police, if not, I have no other career ideas. "/

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Rekunta

Thanks all for the kind words, they mean a lot.

Pianist, it's not life threatening and is not technically considered cancer (as it's benign and unable to metastisize). However, if the chemo stops it from growing, I'm basically SoL as it's so near to major organs. Radiation has been done which stopped its growth for a few years, but it began growing again. My oncologist says these tumors adapt and become immune to the same chemo drugs after a while, so there's always that chance. I'll just have to wait and see and take it as it comes.

As far as surgery goes, I'd have to undergo what's known as a "quarterly removal", where they take my chest, arm and shoulder off. I don't think I could survive that, even if I lived through the procedure.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
Doing very poorly in school from 7-11 and then graduating grade 12 with a 90 average Dating the same girl for 3 years and not once and I ever got close to another girl (Sexually) That's about it....
jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Hey look,

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts

I get out of bed every day excited for life.