What are the little things you appreciate in life?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

I’ll go with dunkable cookies. It’s like a whole new world once you dunk your cookie into milk. How about you, OT? What are the little things you appreciate in life?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • Sleep
  • Architecture
  • Culture/ design Aesthetics like Y2K and Frutiger Aero
  • Skylights
  • French Onion Dip
  • Hot chocolate on a Winter night
  • The smell of burning leaves and branches
  • Painkillers
  • Soft slippers
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

When a dog sleeps on your feet.

It made me realize human women are a waste of time outside of sex. And children are annoying, and expensive. And act like dicks when they become teenager.

A dog is simple. It doesn't judge you. It's cheaper. And you don't have to listen to it bitch about it co-workers.

Also like egg.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

Indoor plumbing. I can relieve myself, flush it down and never have to worry about it again. I also love the feeling I get when I wake up from a long sleep. I feel satisfied and energized.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@dracula_16 said:

Indoor plumbing. I can relieve myself, flush it down and never have to worry about it again. I also love the feeling I get when I wake up from a long sleep. I feel satisfied and energized.

lol

That's true. Lit everyone takes this for granted.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

As someone who had everything and then lost it all, I can attest to you that these things are worth much more than we first realize.

• Fresh crisp air, especially during the winter seasons. I like to breathe out and watch as the cold air exposes my breath. As someone who has read religious books, it gives a new meaning to "He breathed life into them." In reference to the Abrahamic religions such as Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
  • A home to call my own. I've been out in the winter waiting for a bus which never came one year, and the wind chill made it painful. No joke. The cold air mixed with the wind actually hurt. It made me thankful for a warm place to stay, and be more compassionate to the homeless.
  • Being responsible for my own life. This one may sound weird, but I wasn't raised by my father as a child should be raised. I had to learn everything on my own, which unfortunately meant I got into a lot of trouble and learned the hard way. Now I'm fulfilled doing little things, like my own laundry, paying my bills on time, etc. Paying the bills especially, because my dad's motto was, "Fun first, bills later," which lead to a lot of bills not being paid.
  • Friendships. I never thought I would have friends in my teenage years because I wasn't encouraged to go out. I was in my dad's basement 24hrs a day, gaming from my waking hours all the way until I had to sleep. It was a miserable existence looking back. Now I cherish the friends I have gained.
  • Clean water, working sewage. We have it good in America, and I fear the day our country is invaded or brought into war, because I do not believe my people are ready for it, due in part of the illusion they've fallen under.
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I appreciate coffee in the morning,without it I’m a complete waste.

I appreciate having a place to live,living alone is tough financially,but living alone is the way and I want it to stay.

I appreciate my hobbies I’m into. I had Covid two Christmas holidays ago and sitting in a apartment 24/7 was a very long and sometimes depressing two weeks. Video games and music helped me through that time.

I appreciate the family I have. I have little to no family left,a few siblings and nieces left and nobody else,not even relatives. Don’t get bothered much by them,but they are still friendly with me and that’s all I have left.

I appreciate my co-workers. It’s my work that gets me through my hardships the most. Without work today I admit I have almost nothing left in life. I feel like my co-workers are my family and I feel Blessed by the Lord to have them.

I appreciate my neighbour’s I have in my apartment building. The strong majority of them have been a pleasure,a few bad apples but easily to overlook. The people you live with in your community will easily make or break your home in a instant.

I appreciate the Lord Jesus Christ the most. I have Faith in him,through some impossible hardships I’ve been through. Turning towards God I am finding Peace within myself and with a really sh*tty world we’re all living in,I believe that turning to the Lord Jesus is my only way.

Please don’t deny the Lord,you’ll find inner Peace.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

My health. Cool weather, being able to walk for exercise. Playing an hour a day in video games.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#9 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts
  • A good cup of coffee
  • Friends & family
  • Homecooked meals
  • Hydration/drinking clean fluids
  • Music
  • Quality sleep
  • Being amongst nature
  • Pets greeting you in the morning or as you arrive home
  • Wearing an Oodie in the winter

As for my final thought, this next one is relatable but partially crude. I have to list it, I'm sorry in advance:

• Emptying your bowels, wet shaving your face and then having a shower.

I shave before I shower because I find that hot water and steam seals up any nicks that may have occurred in the process. I also don't get skin irritation this way. I haven't shaved in a while though. I've worn a beard for roughly 4 months now and am loving it. Products help a ton in keeping it look decent with minimal trimming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
@speeny said:
  • A good cup of coffee
  • Friends & family
  • Homecooked meals
  • Hydration/drinking clean fluids
  • Music
  • Quality sleep
  • Being amongst nature
  • Pets greeting you in the morning or as you arrive home
  • Wearing an Oodie in the winter

As for my final thought, this next one is relatable but partially crude. I have to list it, I'm sorry in advance:

• Emptying your bowels, wet shaving your face and then having a shower.

I shave before I shower because I find that hot water and steam seals up any nicks that may have occurred in the process. I also don't get skin irritation this way. I haven't shaved in a while though. I've worn a beard for roughly 4 months now and am loving it. Products help a ton in keeping it look decent with minimal trimming.

Emptying your bowels should of been number 2 on your list and yes I made that awful joke.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@warmblur: Lol, thank-you for a bit of a laugh.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Alone time.

So many people are chasing culture, their friends, and associates that they fear being alone. It's a peaceful state.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

puppies.

we had to have our dog put down earlier this year, he was old and very poorly. didn't plan on doing but, long story short, few months later ended up with a puppy. a little furry bundle of joy. amazing how quickly you bond. dont know who gets more excited when we see each other, him or me. he runs round my ankles like a nutter, tail wagging furiously, occasionally does a little wee, so maybe him, but only just lol.

shower after work.

someone wise once told me to "wash work away." and it's excellent advice, particularly when working from home and you live and work in the same building. feels rejuvenating. cleansing. almost symbolic. work ends here.

@girlusocrazy: i'd say fromsoft games in general. always find them super relaxing to play. most are legit genius game design. so simple but so very clever. just a joy to play and replay, like hooking yourself up to an endless dopamine drip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

I forgot to add heating pads they are comforting especially the bigger ones just laying it over the recliner and feeling that heat warm up my back.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
  • warm shower or bath.
  • salty, savory bowl of good ramen. Or even just some miso soup.
  • good mattress/bed.
  • homecooked meals
  • an unplanned day off work
  • a pet's affection
  • rain
  • sunsets and sunrises
  • that humble feeling when you look up at the stars
  • music
  • a cool glass of water when you really need it

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8209 Posts

Music

Dogs

Woods

Fire flys

Beer

Sex

Ice cold water

Dancing

Resse cups

Stars

Yo yo's

Fried chicken sandwich

The Washington Redskins

Radiator heat

Chicken wings

Fruit

Laughing

targetdah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 targetdah
Member since 2022 • 53 Posts

+ coffee and good food

+ a good movie or music that matches your taste

+ and also to be in nature

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

^ good coffee is right

Also love a nice hot shower in the morning!