What are the British trying to Do?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MFaraz_Hayat
Member since 2006 • 1794 Posts
They have knighted Salman Rushdie, the author of "Satanic Verses". When it was revealed, this book was condemned by the muslims for not only tit insulted Quran but also abused Prophet Muhammad. It even abused Vedas and books of other religions (mainly Islam) due to which the book was banned in India, by the president Rajiv Gandhi, for he feared a rebellion. Seeing the current volatile situations in world politics, isn't this a step to further offend and provoke the muslims.
arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 arab_prince
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
I thought this was a joke when I first read about it. This cannot end well.
ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts

He was knighted in light of his literary accomplishments, including the numerous awards he received for the 13 books he has written.

The fact that the muslim world feels the need to, say, riot and burn things because a man was knighted, solely because of a single book he wrote that has been deemed insulting to Islam, leading to numerous death threats and a fatwa called against him, speaks volumes about the region and the fundamentalist followers of Islam in that area.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
This thread should be locked to contain all the dumb things it will contain in the next hour.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178876 Posts

Are you implying the British should have no freedom?

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#6 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Maybe cuz' he's BAALLLINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No for real though, that dude still has the Fatwa out on him right? Or whatever they call it?

He visited my college one night and no one knew about it until the day of and he had mad security guarding him and left out the back door in some unmarked car. And this is in America, like no one cares about him anymore either.

arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 arab_prince
What are you trying to say? I hope this doenst lead to a debate...
ConManWithGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConManWithGun
Member since 2005 • 6272 Posts
the british did nothing wrong, muslims need to remember that it's a book, it doesn't have magic powers, its not gonna zap them, like BANG
MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MFaraz_Hayat

He was knighted in light of his literary accomplishments, including the numerous awards he received for the 13 books he has written.

The fact that the muslim world feels the need to, say, riot and burn things because a man was knighted, solely because of a single book he wrote that has been deemed insulting to Islam, leading to numerous death threats and a fatwa called against him, speaks volumes about the region the religion and its followers.

ElZilcho90

Are you insane? What I am saying is that this man has abused Quran and Prophet Muhammad. How would christians feel if a man abused Jesus and Bible? Not only did he abuse Islam but other major religions like Hinduism. To express that a religion is wrong and to abuse the religion are two different things. Furthermore, why were the British so keen to Knight this man. Didn't they already know the situation in M-E? Didn't they even realize that this may further worsen the situation?

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MFaraz_Hayat

the british did nothing wrong, muslims need to remember that it's a book, it doesn't have magic powers, its not gonna zap them, like BANGConManWithGun
the british did nothing wrong, muslims need to remember that it's a book, it doesn't have magic powers, its not gonna zap them, like BANGConManWithGun

DO you even know the abuses he has launched? The least being, calling Prophet Muhammad , MaHound.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LJS9502_basic

Are you insane? What I am saying is that this man has abused Quran and Prophet Muhammad. How would christians feel if a man abused Jesus and Bible? Not only did he abuse Islam but other major religions like Hinduism. To express that a religion is wrong and to abuse the religion are two different things. Furthermore, why were the British so keen to Knight this man. Didn't they already know the situation in M-E? Didn't they even realize that this may further worsen the situation?

MFaraz_Hayat

Jesus and the Bible get abused all the time....however, that does not call for violence. Jesus was against that.;)

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
[QUOTE="ElZilcho90"]

The fact that the muslim world feels the need to, say, riot and burn things because a man was knighted, solely because of a single book he wrote that has been deemed insulting to Islam, leading to numerous death threats and a fatwa called against him, speaks volumes about the region the religion and its followers.

MFaraz_Hayat

What would Christians do? Same thing we've been doing for 2000 years: shirk it off. There are countless books written by athiests designed to disprove the existance of the Christian God, some diplomatically, others blatantly insultingly. And yet, you don't see Christians running around burning KFCs and demanding the head of Sam Harris.

The fact that the Middle East can't handle criticism, and handles it exactly like a bunch of children armed with AK-47s and RPGs, shouldn't prevent Britain from conducting their own affairs as they see fit, including granting a title of distinction in response to the distinguished career of a successful author.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MFaraz_Hayat

LJS9502_basic

No. But I am Implying that to knight this man at such a critical point in world history, was an immature decision.

arab_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 arab_prince
Its funny that the British decide to knight this man, since Islam is the fastest growing religion there.
ConManWithGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ConManWithGun
Member since 2005 • 6272 Posts

DO you even know the abuses he has launched? The least being, calling Prophet Muhammad , MaHound.

MFaraz_Hayat

no, i have no idea what your talking about

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

MFaraz_Hayat

No. But I am Implying that to knight this man at such a critical point in world history, was an immature decision.

One must learn to deal with differing opinions in a responsible way.

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

I hate it when the British disagree with your opinions.

It's so juvenile of the British. :roll:

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MGS9150
Member since 2004 • 2491 Posts
Muslims are in general more devout that christians, they actually follow their religion and care about its integrity. Most (not all) Christians that I know just say they are Christian infact I know more about their religion than they do. Christians dont react as emotionally as Muslims because they usually dont really care. Altough some of them do react, like the ones sueing Sony right now.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

Muslims are in general more devout that christians, they actually follow their religion and care about its integrity. Most (not all) Christians that I know just say they are Christian infact I know more about their religion than they do. Christians dont react as emotionally as Muslims because they usually dont really care. Altough some of them do react, like the ones sueing Sony right now.MGS9150

And what pray tell do you mean by react?

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MGS9150

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]Muslims are in general more devout that christians, they actually follow their religion and care about its integrity. Most (not all) Christians that I know just say they are Christian infact I know more about their religion than they do. Christians dont react as emotionally as Muslims because they usually dont really care. Altough some of them do react, like the ones sueing Sony right now.LJS9502_basic

Depends what the situation is. And the western media usually tends to make things bigger than they are.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

Depends what the situation is. And the western media usually tends to make things bigger than they are.

MGS9150

I see...you don't want to state what you meant. It does not depend on the situation. You can't expect everyone to believe what you believe.

MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MFaraz_Hayat

[QUOTE="MGS9150"]Muslims are in general more devout that christians, they actually follow their religion and care about its integrity. Most (not all) Christians that I know just say they are Christian infact I know more about their religion than they do. Christians dont react as emotionally as Muslims because they usually dont really care. Altough some of them do react, like the ones sueing Sony right now.LJS9502_basic

Just tell that whether you agree that this act would cause further tensions or no? And do you think that a man should abuse the book and Prophet of a religion (and that of others)? leave out the actions of M-E, for even if they are wrong , didn't the British before this decision anticipate the riots it would cause?

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

I see...you don't want to state what you meant. It does not depend on the situation. You can't expect everyone to believe what you believe.

Well it really does depend on the situation. Every action has its own reaction. Not all riots in the Muslim world involve violence, only the ones fox news and cnn report on do. You believe what they want you to believe.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

Just tell that whether you agree that this act would cause further tensions or no? And do you think that a man should abuse the book and Prophet of a religion (and that of others)? leave out the actions of M-E, for even if they are wrong , didn't the British before this decision anticipate the riots it would cause?

MFaraz_Hayat

It's a free society....and I don't think fear of riots should hold anyone hostage. It's basically a meaningless title that is bestowed on pop culture. So?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

Well it really does depend on the situation. Every action has its own reaction. Not all riots in the Muslim world involve violence, only the ones fox news and cnn report on do. You believe what they want you to believe.

MGS9150

You made the statement dude....violence is wrong. I don't support anyone that advocates violence to spreadtheir message.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"]

LJS9502_basic

It's a free society....and I don't think fear of riots should hold anyone hostage. It's basically a meaningless title that is bestowed on pop culture. So?

Just because it is a free society it doesnt mean you can go around insulting people or their beliefs. I respect everyone and I do get angry when people are intollerant. Its not fear that hold people hostage, its idiocy, racism and bigotry that sets them free.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Laymsp0t
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

They have knighted Salman Rushdie, the author of "Satanic Verses". When it was revealed, this book was condemned by the muslims for not only tit insulted Quran but also abused Prophet Muhammad. It even abused Vedas and books of other religions (mainly Islam) due to which the book was banned in India, by the president Rajiv Gandhi, for he feared a rebellion. Seeing the current volatile situations in world politics, isn't this a step to further offend and provoke the muslims. MFaraz_Hayat

should the world bow down to islamic extremists?

I honestly dont know why we havent whiped them off the face of the earth already. if this were 75 years ago there wouldnt be any muslims left.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

You made the statement dude....violence is wrong. I don't support anyone that advocates violence to spreadtheir message.

Well you have to realise America with its 300 year history has shed more blood than any other country both directly and indirectly in the ratio of how long it has been in existance per human death. And the involvment thet have in the Arab israeli conflict and their almost imperialistic method of taking resources from the region has really created a hatred between the Muslim and western world. Many Muslims see these wars as a new crusade.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MGS9150

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"]They have knighted Salman Rushdie, the author of "Satanic Verses". When it was revealed, this book was condemned by the muslims for not only tit insulted Quran but also abused Prophet Muhammad. It even abused Vedas and books of other religions (mainly Islam) due to which the book was banned in India, by the president Rajiv Gandhi, for he feared a rebellion. Seeing the current volatile situations in world politics, isn't this a step to further offend and provoke the muslims. Laymsp0t

I honestly dont know why we havent whiped them off the face of the earth already. if this were 75 years ago there wouldnt be any muslims left.

Why should the world bow down to America and do what ever they want. Get it through your head that you dont own the world. Americans kill more Muslims than Muslims kill Americans. You steal resources and help in the hijacking of Arab lands. In your 300 year history there hasnt been a single decade of peace for your country. If you look through history America is a violent imperialistic state and the only reason you dont know that is because you ar brainwashed by the media and desenitised to human death.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

Well you have to realise America with its 300 year history has shed more blood than any other country both directly and indirectly in the ratio of how long it has been in existance per human death. And the involvment thet have in the Arab israeli conflict and their almost imperialistic method of taking resources from the region has really created a hatred between the Muslim and western world. Many Muslims see these wars as a new crusade.

MGS9150

You seem to be advocating terrorism...

Avatar image for Mercury_May2112
Mercury_May2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mercury_May2112
Member since 2007 • 2507 Posts
Oh Boy... I'm going to enjoy the news for the next little while.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

You seem to be advocating terrorism...

I hate terrorists more than anyone. They hijacked my religion. I personally think America is a terrorist state, I dont know if you realise this with all the brainwashing and what not but your country has killed 1 million people in the name of democracy. AND THATS IN IRAQ ALONE. I dont know if you even care, 1 MILLION people. You probably wont even shed a tear for the children lost because of weapons that never existed.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

I hate terrorists more than anyone. They hijacked my religion. I personally think America is a terrorist state, I dont know if you realise this with all the brainwashing and what not but your country has killed 1 million people in the name of democracy. AND THATS IN IRAQ ALONE. I dont know if you even care, 1 MILLION people. You probably wont even shed a tear for the children lost because of weapons that never existed.

MGS9150

Dude...if you believe 1 million Iraqi's were killed it's not me that's brainwashed.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

Dude...if you believe 1 million Iraqi's were killed it's not me that's brainwashed.

Although the number is easily 1 million, Even 1 death is too many. Go on thinking you are fighting the good fight, while you live comfortably not only do your troops die but over 150 civilians die a day. All in the name of oil, imperialism and oh yea "democracy". If you dont already realise democracy is a process that has to be evolved into over time than there is not hope for you, you cannot IMPOSE DEMOCRACY that would be an oxymoron.

EDIT: The number is actually 655, 000.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"]They have knighted Salman Rushdie, the author of "Satanic Verses". When it was revealed, this book was condemned by the muslims for not only tit insulted Quran but also abused Prophet Muhammad. It even abused Vedas and books of other religions (mainly Islam) due to which the book was banned in India, by the president Rajiv Gandhi, for he feared a rebellion. Seeing the current volatile situations in world politics, isn't this a step to further offend and provoke the muslims. MGS9150

Why should the world bow down to America and do what ever they want. Get it through your head that you dont own the world. Americans kill more Muslims than Muslims kill Americans. You steal resources and help in the hijacking of Arab lands. In your 300 year history there hasnt been a single decade of peace for your country. If you look through history America is a violent imperialistic state and the only reason you dont know that is because you ar brainwashed by the media and desenitised to human death.

well, why shoudl the world bow down to anyone? but the thing is america packs a bit of a punch. so if anyone is going to run the world, I think america is a little more of a candidate than the weak terrorists.

I never said america isnt imperialistic, dont assume you're the only one who knows things.

America is awesome. I love this damn country.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

Although the number is easily 1 million, Even 1 death is too many. Go on thinking you are fighting the good fight, while you live comfortably not only do your troops die but over 150 civilians die a day. All in the name of oil, imperialism and oh yea "democracy". If you dont already realise democracy is a process that has to be evolved into over time than there is not hope for you, you cannot IMPOSE DEMOCRACY that would be an oxymoron.

MGS9150

Just pointing out the facts...and in which post of mine do I support the Iraq War?

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"][QUOTE="Laymsp0t"]

[QUOTE="MFaraz_Hayat"]They have knighted Salman Rushdie, the author of "Satanic Verses". When it was revealed, this book was condemned by the muslims for not only tit insulted Quran but also abused Prophet Muhammad. It even abused Vedas and books of other religions (mainly Islam) due to which the book was banned in India, by the president Rajiv Gandhi, for he feared a rebellion. Seeing the current volatile situations in world politics, isn't this a step to further offend and provoke the muslims. Laymsp0t

well, why shoudl the world bow down to anyone? but the thing is america packs a bit of a punch. so if anyone is going to run the world, I think america is a little more of a candidate than the weak terrorists.

I never said america isnt imperialistic, dont assume you're the only one who knows things.

America is awesome. I love this damn country.

Thats the thing no one should RUN the world, the stronger nations should help the weaker nations develope instead of attacking them and stealing land and resources from them. America has been soo involved in the middle east that frankly the people are pissed off and at this point they just want them to get the hell out.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

Just pointing out the facts...and in which post of mine do I support the Iraq War?

I'm just saying America is as much of a terrorist as any country or group you could point out to me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

I'm just saying America is as much of a terrorist as any country or group you could point out to me.

MGS9150

Then you don't know what a terrorist is.....we gave a deadline before attacking. It's called a war....much different than the cowards that flew planes into civilian buildings without warning.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

Then you don't know what a terrorist is.....we gave a deadline before attacking. It's called a war....much different than the cowards that flew planes into civilian buildings without warning.

Terrorist: One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives. DEFINES THE U.S.A perfectly. And America went in AGAINST the U.Ns wishes with NO evidence, and the COWARDS dropped bombs and fired cruise missiles at civilian buildings for NO REAL REASON. Not only a terrorist state, but a blood thirsty, wreckless and moronic terrorist state. I love the American people dont get me wrong but I disagree with the government.

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

you're damn right

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts
That man is a POS. Everytime I'm forced to read his books, I feel like beating the crap out of someone.
MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MGS9150

Well i'm really tired and I think i'm going to call it a night, although we disgree I hope there are no hard feelings. All I want for the world is peace but I think America is the biggest obsticle in the way. These are my opinions and I whole heartedly respect yours so I really do hope you respect mine. I hope we can continues this conversation another day.

Peace my brothers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

Terrorist: One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives. DEFINES THE U.S.A perfectly. And America went in AGAINST the U.Ns wishes with NO evidence, and the COWARDS dropped bombs and fired cruise missiles at civilian buildings for NO REAL REASON. Not only a terrorist state, but a blood thirsty, wreckless and moronic terrorist state. I love the American people dont get me wrong but I disagree with the government.

MGS9150

You forgot the word unjustified in your definition an example would be 9-11;)....and war is war...of course there will be casualties. But declaring war is not the same thing....as for the UN...so?

Laymsp0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Laymsp0t
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MGS9150"]

MGS9150

yeah but america has in the past used diplomacy. so were not that wreckless. it just so happens WAR (different than terrorism) is more convincing.

we pretty much run the un anyway.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MGS9150
[QUOTE="MGS9150"]

LJS9502_basic

You forgot the word unjustified in your definition an example would be 9-11;)....and war is war...of course there will be casualties. But declaring war is not the same thing....as for the UN...so?

LOL this is my last statement before I got to sleep. America created and funded al quaeda and gave them 1 billion dollars to fight the soviets during the Afghan invasion. They created the group they are fighting. I HATE AL QUAEDA MORE THAN I ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE MURDEROUS CRIMINALS AND DESERVE TO DIE. They are not Muslims and I fell for your losses. But this action does not justify a war against a country with no ties to that organization.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

LOL this is my last statement before I got to sleep. America created and funded al quaeda and gave them 1 billion dollars to fight the soviets during the Afghan invasion. They created the group they are fighting. I HATE AL QUAEDA MORE THAN I ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE MURDEROUS CRIMINALS AND DESERVE TO DIE. They are not Muslims and I fell for your losses. But this action does not justify a war against a country with no ties to that organization.

MGS9150

I never said I agree with everything the government ever did.....;) If it was left to me...we'd never arm anyone.

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
Big deal, religion (mostly Christianity) is bashed all the time, but when an attack is made on Islam people freak out. I think that true Muslims (those who believe in acceptance and tolerance) should ignore the book and the man's nomination as a knight completely. The violence that ensued because of this book, as unfortunate as it is, makes the man look a little credible.
MFaraz_Hayat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MFaraz_Hayat

Big deal, religion (mostly Christianity) is bashed all the time, but when an attack is made on Islam people freak out. I think that true Muslims (those who believe in acceptance and tolerance) should ignore the book and the man's nomination as a knight completely. The violence that ensued because of this book, as unfortunate as it is, makes the man look a little credible. EboyLOL

But the question is that why did the British had to knight the man,( who had insulted Islam), at such critical and volatile situation?

EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts

[QUOTE="EboyLOL"]Big deal, religion (mostly Christianity) is bashed all the time, but when an attack is made on Islam people freak out. I think that true Muslims (those who believe in acceptance and tolerance) should ignore the book and the man's nomination as a knight completely. The violence that ensued because of this book, as unfortunate as it is, makes the man look a little credible. MFaraz_Hayat

But the question is that why did the British had to knight the man,( who had insulted Islam), at such critical and volatile situation?

It was more then likely a political manouver (however that's spelled). I don't think it made much sense to knight the guy either since it isn't going to reduce terrorism at all...