deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Quitting has a bad stigma around it but sometimes quitting can be healthy what are some things your glad you quit?

Here a few of mine I can think of.

• Smoking cigs- although I do crave them sometimes I'm glad I was able to quit can't believe it's been 11 years.
  • Facebook- good riddance is all I have to say.
  • Politics- I'm pretty much done barely follow it anymore it's really not worth the stress when life has enough of it don't need more.

That's all I can think of for now but I could see gaming going on the list someday I despise the industry to many snakes in the grass ruining it for me I need a new hobby or something.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Smoking, Facebook, my career as a chef.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

Yea smoking for sure.

After some time look back and realize how pointless it was.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

Sugar. The withdrawal headaches were killer but the volume of weight I lost within the first few months was insane.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Smoked 20+ years and was a chain smoker. I got an illness and nearly died,was over a month in the hospital and was in ICU for nearly a week. Don’t remember much of it,but quitting smoking was a God send. Don’t think I would have made it another year smoking the way I did.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MirkoS77  Online
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I once decided to detox off of OxyContin that I was put on after a cancer diagnosis at 20. For those not in the know, OxyContin is a very potent, slow-release opiate used to help people with severe cancer pain. I was taking 180mg daily for many years.

It’s one thing I’m ultimately glad I quit, but had I known then what I know now, I’d have never willingly done it. Not only was the initial few weeks of flushing it out of my system misery incarnate, a purely hellish experience, the years post of emotional and psychological readjustment nearly cost me my life.

Detoxing was relatively easy….but living without the drug was, at times, nearly fatal. I’ll never touch those things again unless I have no choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Smoked 20+ years and was a chain smoker. I got an illness and nearly died,was over a month in the hospital and was in ICU for nearly a week. Don’t remember much of it,but quitting smoking was a God send. Don’t think I would have made it another year smoking the way I did.

That's scary I'm glad you got through that nightmare.

@MirkoS77 said:

I once decided to detox off of OxyContin that I was put on after a cancer diagnosis at 20. For those not in the know, OxyContin is a very potent, slow-release opiate used to help people with severe cancer pain. I was taking 180mg daily for many years.

It’s one thing I’m ultimately glad I quit, but had I known then what I know now, I’d have never willingly done it. Not only was the initial few weeks of flushing it out of my system misery incarnate, a purely hellish experience, the years post of emotional and psychological readjustment nearly cost me my life.

Detoxing was relatively easy….but living without the drug was, at times, nearly fatal. I’ll never touch those things again unless I have no choice.

That's awesome that you where strong enough to detox off of OxyContin I don't think I could be. I'm on Benzodiazepines and the thought of withdrawing off of those scares the hell out of me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

Facebook and after deleting my account back in 2011 was the best thing I ever quit cause everyone started posting BS and I got tired of it.

At a time, I started getting into the music industry of Hip-Hop, I could've gone pro on being a music producer or ambassador but glad I quit earlier cause Hip-Hop/Rap is a dangerous path I didn't want to get involved.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I smoked pot daily for a number of years and tried/failed to quit a number of times. Don't believe people who tell you its not addicting/habit forming...

finally stopped at the start of 2020. definitely the right call as it was turning me into a lethargic and incredibly unproductive person.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yea smoking for sure.

After some time look back and realize how pointless it was.

Every now and then I calculate how much money I spent per week, month, year on cigs and I'm like "Man, you idiot..." and I think about how much money I'm not spending now.

Of course, I try not to do that on other things I spend money on now, like DoorDash for example...talk about things I need to quit. "OK, that's 40 dollars of food....aaaaaaaaaaaand 30 dollars worth of fees and charges....plus tip....comes to 80 dollars total. Oh and we got your order wrong."

@with_teeth26 said:

I smoked pot daily for a number of years and tried/failed to quit a number of times. Don't believe people who tell you its not addicting/habit forming...

finally stopped at the start of 2020. definitely the right call as it was turning me into a lethargic and incredibly unproductive person.

Yeah man, nothing wrong with a bit of cannabis before bed or for when you want to take it easy, but if you use it daily and before you go out in the world, I think maybe it's time to cut back.

I don't know how people get high before they go to work, or need to function clearly, or do anything at 100%.

If you know me, you know I support cannabis 100%, and I am saying this lol.

Anyway, good for you for stopping or cutting back. How did you come to the realization? I'm thinking of talking to my roommate about it? Dude smokes constantly. If he is home, he is puffing.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Yeah man, nothing wrong with a bit of cannabis before bed or for when you want to take it easy, but if you use it daily and before you go out in the world, I think maybe it's time to cut back.

I don't know how people get high before they go to work, or need to function clearly, or do anything at 100%.

If you know me, you know I support cannabis 100%, and I am saying this lol.

Anyway, good for you for stopping or cutting back. How did you come to the realization? I'm thinking of talking to my roommate about it? Dude smokes constantly. If he is home, he is puffing.

I think I just realized it had become a compulsion rather than something I purely did for fun.

It started because I loved smoking pot and playing video games. and it was sooo easy to do, especially after they legalized weed here in Canada. buying pot was as easy as buying candy.

got to the point where I was making up excuses to get out of social engagements of even stuff like my office christmas party so I could stay home and smoke/play games.

At first I thought I could just cut back and smoke on the weekends but I didn't have the willpower. If I had pot in the house i'd smoke it whenever I had the chance.

I think I already have a bit of a tendency towards procratsination/lazyness and it just accentuated that side of me to a huge degree.

I have nothing against the substance or those who use it, but for me it was messing my life up pretty badly.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15997 Posts

Vaping, because it costs me a lot to keep doing it (having to buy e-juice and coils, for example).

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Smoking for sure. Life changing.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#16 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Haven't really been one to pick up bad habits. Drinking less soda/soft drink comes to mind?

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1343 Posts

Partying. As much fun as it may have seemed at the time it didn’t do me any favours in the long run and just got me in a lot of unnecessary trouble. Currently trying to quit vaping but holy hell is it hard to give up.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

My habits are still bad.

Maybe not smoking weed so frequently?

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#19 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Smoking. I was on 20+ per day from the age of 16. Gave it up at 38/39..? Everything smells/tastes better. Can't stand the smell of it now.

Facebook. Stopped that over 10 years ago. Pile of pants and ad's.

Picked up a load of new bad habits though like gaming for 3 hours straight every day after finishing working on my PC. No wonder my eyes are killing me..!!