we sent a message to space in 1974

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentFreaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentFreaks
Member since 2010 • 431 Posts

and in 2001 we got a reply, my real question is why is this going unnoticed, I feel people need not to be afriad to believe and to be ridiculed by the world and its hatred ways.

if you have never seen the reply, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbLYL7JIj8U

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Indeed, the person who did that was a genius.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Wait, 1943 or 1974? Make up your mind. And there are obviously aliens in the universe, just not the dinnerplate fyling gray eggheads.
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I believe aliens are out there but I don't believe this proves anything. I have seen far to many videos of people faking crop circles. Would only take someone with some knowledge to put a design like that in place.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I believe aliens exist but I don't think we've been contacted by them yet. If I ever meet one I'll be sure to ask if that was real though.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
It's probably a hoax. I find it hard to believe an alien civilization would attempt to communicate with us just by leaving images in the ground...
my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

That trippy crop circle looked just like a bunch of Pokemon balls overlapping.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts

It's a pretty stupid hoax, first of all why would've the aliens sent it back that way when they had the technology to send it the same way they received the message and the message looks pretty stupid, I mean the typical stereotype alien and a triple helix DNA, even a 5 year old could've made something more creative

To_Ashes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 To_Ashes
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts

Indeed, I believe there is a certain creatures or human-like figures in the universe... Maybe not in our solar system... But I almost guarantee their is life on other planets... We consist of one of many billions of planets in this universe... Think of what possibilities that on those other planets there is human beings like us... With the same question... "Are we alone?"... In my opinion, this mostly is a hoax... I don't follow it really...

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

The original crop circles were an admitted hoax. I don't understand why people still believe crop circles have an extraterrestrial origin.

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

It's a pretty stupid hoax, first of all why would've the aliens sent it back that way when they had the technology to send it the same way they received the message and the message looks pretty stupid, I mean the typical stereotype alien and a triple helix DNA, even a 5 year old could've made something more creative

hyrueprince11
Im kinda the cynical type that is with you but I'll point out that this now "stereotypical" alien type wasn't created until the descriptions of what witnesses saw in Roswell...
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

The original crop circles were an admitted hoax. I don't understand why people still believe crop circles have an extraterrestrial origin.

GabuEx
Because they think they are the only one that belive in alien life...
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Not only are there other intelligent species in the universe, and likely other humanoids.. but they've been here, they are still here, and they will be making a big appearance pretty soon. The Bible is chock-full of ET encounters, as are the writings, carvings, and paintings of civilizations throughout history. They are credited with supernatural attributes because, well.. any technology or science you can't comprehend can be considered "supernatural." Especially when those who encountered these beings and their tech. were thousands of years behind us, and had no knowledge of aircraft, computers, and the like.

I'm sure somebody who thinks they're being intelligent by denying basic reasoning will post after me and demand that I serve up an Alien or their spaceship on a platter for them to view, and say that anything less isn't sufficient evidence. But then again, even if I could.. they'd call it a hoax.

Zeus89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zeus89x
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

Not only are there other intelligent species in the universe, and likely other humanoids.. but they've been here, they are still here, and they will be making a big appearance pretty soon. The Bible is chock-full of ET encounters, as are the writings, carvings, and paintings of civilizations throughout history. They are credited with supernatural attributes because, well.. any technology or science you can't comprehend can be considered "supernatural." Especially when those who encountered these beings and their tech. were thousands of years behind us, and had no knowledge of aircraft, computers, and the like.

I'm sure somebody who thinks they're being intelligent by denying basic reasoning will post after me and demand that I serve up an Alien or their spaceship on a platter for them to view, and say that anything less isn't sufficient evidence. But then again, even if I could.. they'd call it a hoax.

hartsickdiscipl

I agree with this. I also believe the Mayan calendar doesn't mark the end of the world, but rather the next time aliens will come back to Earth. Pretty farfetch'd but if you ask me, it's much more believable then the end of the world.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Zeus89x

I agree with this. I also believe the Mayan calendar doesn't mark the end of the world, but rather the next time aliens will come back to Earth. Pretty farfetch'd but if you ask me, it's much more believable then the end of the world.

I respect your view. I do think that it will be the end of the world as we know it.. but not the end of all mankind.

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hyrueprince11

[QUOTE="Zeus89x"]

hartsickdiscipl

I respect your view. I do think that it will be the end of the world as we know it.. but not the end of all mankind.

The Anunaki are coming in a red dwarf, that can't be seen, to kill us all

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Aliens have been depicted with that classic large head and have been associated with crop circles for decades. So if this message was real and they have been visiting us for that long, why would they wait 28 years to answer this message?

And why be so cryptic in the first place? If they wanted people to know they were here, why not land their spaceship on the White House lawn?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GabuEx

[QUOTE="Zeus89x"]

hyrueprince11

Are they bringing Lister and the gang?

hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hyrueprince11

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

GabuEx

They are, I also think Justin Bieber is one of them

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I thought we'd already sent a message in to space in 1936, with Hitler's speech at the Olympic games? That's what Jodie Foster and James Woods told me.
testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="hyrueprince11"]

hyrueprince11

They are, I also think Justin Bieber is one of them

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

the truth is out there

GangstaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GangstaPanda
Member since 2010 • 65 Posts
I would be open to aliens as long as they are cool and have an interesting culture, oh yeah and they can't look hideous or weird.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
I would be open to aliens as long as they are cool and have an interesting culture, oh yeah and they can't look hideous or weird.GangstaPanda
And they mustn't be trying to conquer us.
pumpkin_king12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pumpkin_king12
Member since 2005 • 266 Posts

There are OBVIOUSLY aliens? What a joke.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts
I disagree TC, I'm of the firm conviction that people, many people, need to be ridiculed promptly and harshly.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15603 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEAQ-d07HlE

crop circles are a hoax. Sorry.

markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Vaasman

a highly intelligent advanced race doesnt write messages in crops? :o

this goes against all forms of logic...

everyone knows when stephen hawking wants to get his theories out to the scientific community he writes them in his driveway in street chalk!

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

[QUOTE="GangstaPanda"]I would be open to aliens as long as they are cool and have an interesting culture, oh yeah and they can't look hideous or weird.th3warr1or
And they mustn't be trying to conquer us.

Unless they have hot alien wimins õ_õ

Then they just mustn't try to conquer our countries.

halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
I 100% believe there is other life somewhere, the odds are just for it. I mean really, an ever expanding universe full of billions of planets. How can there not be another planet with life on it. However I don't think the video we just watched was real.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

I do find it funny that there is any stigma toward believing in aliens. Since it's essentially an impossibility for aliens to not exist.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#31 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

Oh man... crop circles, really? :roll:

nowayjose09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nowayjose09
Member since 2009 • 99 Posts

Wait.

Do they come down with 2-stroke grass cutters and carve that stuff into wheat crops? Those aren't aliens, they're GARDENERS.

Problem solved.

I'll call them... QUASARS! ...IT'S A GARBAGE POD! (Inside joke :))

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

What took them so long to reply :evil:

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GabuEx

I do find it funny that there is any stigma toward believing in aliens. Since it's essentially an impossibility for aliens to not exist.

Pixel-Pirate

I'm not sure there's a stigma against believing in aliens; it's more against believing that aliens in their incomprehensible wisdom deduced that the best way to communicate with us after having mastered interplanetary travel to come all this way to us is by flattening crops into pretty patterns. :P

Stanley09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stanley09
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeus89x"]

I agree with hart as well. That theory of yours about aliens visiting us on2012 is also pretty clever, and definitly more believable than the world ending. 2 years, 3 months left
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nauron-
Member since 2010 • 151 Posts

to the people saying that we sent a message before 1974, we've actually been sending broadcasts to space ever since the invention of the radio and the TV.

I don't disapprove the possibility of an alien life-form out there and nor do I approve it, but damn do I hope its true.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

to the people saying that we sent a message before 1974, we've actually been sending broadcasts to space ever since the invention of the radio and the TV.

I don't disapprove the possibility of an alien life-form out there and nor do I approve it, but damn do I hope its true.

Nauron-

The broadcast sent to space barely reach a light year. Only high powered messages can go farther like the messaged from Earth sent in 2008

Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nauron-
[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="Nauron-"]

The broadcast sent to space barely reach a light year. Only high powered messages can go farther like the messaged from Earth sent in 2008

i didnt know that, I actually thought that they just travel endlessly through space. PS: i still think that you should win creepiest Avatar.
Bladecutter56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Bladecutter56
Member since 2006 • 2081 Posts

I firmly believe that we are the only living things in the entire universe, for I have a closed mind and cannot fathom anything other than my own planet.

Also, Earth is flat and the moon landing was a hoax.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
It's probably a hoax. I find it hard to believe an alien civilization would attempt to communicate with us just by leaving images in the ground...chessmaster1989
Why would you doubt it just because it doesn't make sense? I mean, they're aliens, and however they do things, probably wouldn't make sense to us. It's possible many planets have the type of vegetation and they implant messages that way so they can successfully communicate. The last crop circle with the encoded message seems suspicious, because the aliens would need to know a lot about out computer systems and language.
Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

▲ Very interesting. Thanks for the video. And yes, I believe aliens are real. ▲

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

winchester in hampshire, I love it when they say where you live on the tele. so to speak, but I never heard about this... :?

Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

Vaasman

▲ To be fair, the circles he's making arent nearly as complex as the ones supposedly created by aliens. ▲

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
It's probably a hoax. I find it hard to believe an alien civilization would attempt to communicate with us just by leaving images in the ground...chessmaster1989
Yeh, they couldn't just reply with something on the electromagnetic frequency. They just had to come here and draw crop circles, and leave.. :roll:
Nauron-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nauron-
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]It's probably a hoax. I find it hard to believe an alien civilization would attempt to communicate with us just by leaving images in the ground...dramaybaz
Yeh, they couldn't just reply with something on the electromagnetic frequency. They just had to come here and draw crop circles, and leave.. :roll:

they dont want those evil aliens to know that they're contacting and warning us :P
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
I think the next message we send into space better say that we think crop circles are kinda dumb and we would much prefer it if you actually chatted with us instead
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

we should of had something on the message sent into space that wasn't known by the public, so that we could know its not a hoax

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

The message would be more believable if it didn't have the MOST stereotypical alien figure.

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hartsickdiscipl

Most crop circles have been shown to be hoaxes, but not all. The "original" crop circles are too complex for a few people to replicate overnight with simple tools. From all of the evidence that I've seen, my belief is that people heard about them and start copying them (albiet badly), as an ongoing hoax.

I can't claim to be able to understand what interstellar aliens would deem an appropriate form of communication. What makes you think that we could understand the methods and thinking of races of aliens that may be thousands of years ahead of us in development? Maybe they're artistic, and this is an artistic form of communication. I don't know. It sounds awful arrogant and small-minded to me when someone says that A) Aliens couldn't be visiting Earth because other stars are too far away (yeah, they're too far away for humans to reach with our current tech.), or B) That there's no way that they would be communicating this way. To say this is to assume that you understand how extraterrestrials would think.

It's all arrogant presumption in the spirit of closed-mindedness, IMO.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Although I believe there is intelligent life out there I think this is a hoax, and I dont think we should be advertising ourselves to potentially dangerous life out there.