We need real life Suicide Booths....

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts

Because if someone can't chose to die in a slow or quick death(also clean without ruining any ones property), then whats the point? Also why is it wrong for someone to want to end their life, isn't that also considered free will? why do we have as a society have a choice in the matter?

Also I am not suicidal

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts

i prefer the old fashioned way

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts

Suicide is illegal.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

We do it's called the top of a building.

tim22000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tim22000
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

Suicide is only illegal because the government gets gibbed.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

I dont understand how making something you cannot possibly be held accountable for is illegal. Thats like making the probabilistic nature of electron orbits around the atom illegal. It makes no sense.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I dont understand how making something you cannot possibly be held accountable for is illegal. Thats like making the probabilistic nature of electron orbits around the atom illegal. It makes no sense.

carrot-cake
If I could give you a gold medal, I would. +100
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

carrot-cake

Furthermore, even supposing that a person botched the suicide and lived, what exactly are the courts going to do to punish them? Sentence them to death?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

gameguy6700

Furthermore, even supposing that a person botched the suicide and lived, what exactly are the courts going to do to punish them? Sentence them to death?

lolol...they would get what they wanted then...:lol:...hell...+ 100 to you, too!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

We should have them! I just hope they aren't too expensive. Don't want to be wasting too much of my precious money on a suicide booth!

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts

[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

gameguy6700

A few times the suicide-r sued the people who saved him and won.
fiscope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fiscope
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

carrot-cake
Suicide fails quite often. Then you can be held accountable. Most people don't have the stones to go through with it.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

fiscope
Suicide fails quite often.

Oh, that's another thing I don't get...how hard is it to kill oneself? .....*take the pistol, put it underneath your chin.....*....:P Seriously though...it doesn't sound too difficult. :|
CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
[QUOTE="fiscope"][QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

gamerguru100

Oh, that's another thing I don't get...how hard is it to kill oneself? .....*take the pistol, put it underneath your chin.....*....:P Seriously though...it doesn't sound too difficult. :|

Hence the reason for the suicide booth ! It does the job for you!
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

We should have them! I just hope they aren't too expensive. Don't want to be wasting too much of my precious money on a suicide booth!

DJ-Lafleur

no kidding

but then again i want to make sure im getting my monies worth

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="CoolSkAGuy"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="fiscope"] Suicide fails quite often.

Hence the reason for the suicide booth ! It does the job for you!

How exactly would this thing take a person's life?
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

spawnassasin

no kidding

but then again i want to make sure im getting my monies worth

True. I'd hate to use one of those cheap knock-off suicide booths.

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

[QUOTE="carrot-cake"]

fiscope

Suicide fails quite often. Then you can be held accountable. Most people don't have the stones to go through with it.

Well whats the point of making the person accoutnable? Are they going to learn from their crime? If they were determined to commit suicide but failed some how, then of course not! What kind of punishment would fit failed suicide? Would it be considered as attempted murder? What good will jail time do for them, if anything it would make them more suicidal.
The fact that suicide is illegal is idiotic. The whole point of laws are to deffer people from breaking them because of the punishment that the law gives with breaking it. Someone who is contemplating suicide isn't going to not consider it because it is illegal, and if that is the logic behind the justification of the law, then I don't know what to say.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

Its one thing to suffer from an incurable disease, but depression can be helped. A life is precious.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
well its not terribly difficult to commit suicide without designated booths. people are doing it every day! besides, you dont want the trouble of needing to distinguish a phone booth with a suicide booth. what a silly mistake that would be.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamerguru100

Arrrggg...:x...how do suicide booths take a person's life? Or does the person just kill their self in the booth with whatever and some people get the body later...Oh God...that would be a horrible job...

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

Well, if I'm correct it goes against Christianity which the majority of Americans/Canadians are Christian.

D_Battery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D_Battery
Member since 2009 • 2478 Posts

Its one thing to suffer from an incurable disease, but depression can be helped. A life is precious.

vidplayer8

Life is precious? Now, ain't that a load of hooey!

I've never understood why people care so much about preventing suicide or opposing euthanasia - you'd think malnutrition or famine would be a bigger issue. But hey, I suppose it's more important to protect the lives of those who don't want to live than those who do but can't.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

gamerguru100

Most of the time the person will end up with brain damage

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

gamerguru100

Possibility that you can live after that. If your going to suicide, suicide right. Aim for the heart where you know you will die and not have a slim chance at living....

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="fiscope"] Suicide fails quite often. htekemerald

Most of the time the person will end up with brain damage

By shooting oneself underneath the chin with a pistol? Yeah...um...
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

Well, if I'm correct it goes against Christianity which the majority of Americans/Canadians are Christian.

RobboElRobbo

I don't think being against suicide is a stance that only Christians have. :?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Do they come with continues?

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#29 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Suicide is illegal.

qwertyoip

Good point.

Mellosinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mellosinferno
Member since 2010 • 465 Posts
If we had some, say good bye to the emos.
trenno2529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trenno2529
Member since 2007 • 3396 Posts

Suicide is illegal.

qwertyoip

that's really silly. i mean, what are they gonna do, send you to hell? :lol:

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

carrot-cake

Well whats the point of making the person accoutnable? Are they going to learn from their crime? If they were determined to commit suicide but failed some how, then of course not! What kind of punishment would fit failed suicide? Would it be considered as attempted murder? What good will jail time do for them, if anything it would make them more suicidal.
The fact that suicide is illegal is idiotic. The whole point of laws are to deffer people from breaking them because of the punishment that the law gives with breaking it. Someone who is contemplating suicide isn't going to not consider it because it is illegal, and if that is the logic behind the justification of the law, then I don't know what to say.

They usually get put in a rehab centre or mental clinic. To rehabilitate them and get them back on track, because someone could be in a compromised mental state and do things they'd regret later.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

I would use one. Well, not at this moment, but at some point when I'm freaking out. Which I do almost quarterly.

Also, I agree with whoever said life is not precious. I suppose in one sense I agree with it being precious. It's relatively easy to be dead. And our lives relative to the known age of universe are practically non-existant blips in the grand scheme of things. But as far as being precious in any other sense of the word, I'd have to disagree.

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

I don't understand why it is illegal. Are they really going to arrest a dead body?

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
It's illegal so that if someone attempts suicide, the authorities are legally allowed to restrain them and give them appropriate treatment.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Kind of like being forced to wear seatbelts and making it illegal not to, i say people should have the freedom to do what they want.
Mellosinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mellosinferno
Member since 2010 • 465 Posts
It's illegal so that if someone attempts suicide, the authorities are legally allowed to restrain them and give them appropriate treatment.F1_2004
But then people will use explosives for suicides.
MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts
Kind of like being forced to wear seatbelts and making it illegal not to, i say people should have the freedom to do what they want.X360PS3AMD05
It's illegal not to wear seatbelts here :|
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
In sixth grade we read a book where assisted suicide was legal and practiced, and for years I thought it was legal IRL. I personally would support assisted suicide. But who cleans the suicide booths? That'd not be a great job.
socked_feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 socked_feet
Member since 2008 • 2290 Posts
Who's job would it be to...clean them out? D: Or is there some sort of an economical chute that sends the person away? Because if so, then let's go for it! :P
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts

I would use one. Well, not at this moment, but at some point when I'm freaking out. Which I do almost quarterly.

Also, I agree with whoever said life is not precious. I suppose in one sense I agree with it being precious. It's relatively easy to be dead. And our lives relative to the known age of universe are practically non-existant blips in the grand scheme of things. But as far as being precious in any other sense of the word, I'd have to disagree.

DEVILinIRON

So I guess murder's no big deal, right?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#43 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]In sixth grade we read a book where assisted suicide was legal and practiced, and for years I thought it was legal IRL. I personally would support assisted suicide. But who cleans the suicide booths? That'd not be a great job.

I would. You would be surprised how many people forget to empty their wallets before suiciding.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
yeah, it's called: humans are fragile, the whole world is a potential suicide booth.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Ok the problem is that people can feel very depressed resulting in suicidal feelings. If You make it really easy for them to commit suicide they might, while if You let them suffer long enough they usually snap back out of it at some point.
Also keep in mind possible abuse.
I mean there are quite a few politicians i wouldn't mind pushing into such a booth.

Making suicide illegal is silly. It's just the people saying: "We don't know You or Your sorrow but You could generate us some money so whatever happens to You You should be kept alive until You are useless."

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

If You make it really easy

KungfuKitten
it *is* really easy. Anyone can do it. :S They just shouldn't.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Nah, those bender robots do lousy jobs.
ExpiredGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ExpiredGhost
Member since 2010 • 528 Posts
I would never want to see a suicide booth, life is too precious to waste.
Avatar image for Gunslinger_1988
Gunslinger_1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gunslinger_1988
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts
I would never want to see a suicide booth, life is too precious to waste.ExpiredGhost
Do you mean all life? or just Humans? because we are all existing carbon beings and we do consume alot of other life forms trees, plants, animals not going to mention all the list goes on and on.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
I've been saying this for years. :x