Was the moon landing a hoax?

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

http://www.wyff4.com/family/20031195/detail.html

That article talks about conspiracy theorists that claim the moon landing was a hoax. It has a slideshow of photos that supposedly prove it was fake, and then it explains why the photo is the way it is. Interesting article.

What do you think? Do you think the moon landing was a hoax? If so, why? If not, why?

I think there was a conspiracy involving aliens, reverse vampires, and Debbie Rowe. I'm not sure how all 3 are connected or what they actually did, but I'm fairly certain there's a conspiracy.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
No.
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Photobucket.

xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

I think i'm starting to hate conspiracy theories

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Yup, the very existence of the moon is a hoax too. The U.S. government just projected an image of the moon into the sky back in 1895 so they could challenge the Soviet Union to a race to the moon and falsely win.
-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Chimera-
Member since 2009 • 1852 Posts
No, I don't think that it was a hoax. I have never seen a compelling conspiracy theory before, and this is certainly no exception.
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

I watched a documentary about this. The leading conspiracy theorist lives in a trailer in the desert with 26 cats.

-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Chimera-
Yup, the very existence of the moon is a hoax too. The U.S. government just projected an image of the moon into the sky back in 1895 so they could challenge the Soviet Union to a race to the moon and falsely win.Setsa
Also, Greenland was invented by George Washington, and it doesn't actually exist. He was doodling one day and felt like making up a country that doesn't exist.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

I watched a documentary about this. The leading conspiracy theorist lives in a trailer in the desert with 26 cats.bangell99

26 expert cats. You left out the important part.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 df853

Yup, the very existence of the moon is a hoax too. The U.S. government just projected an image of the moon into the sky back in 1895 so they could challenge the Soviet Union to a race to the moon and falsely win.Setsa
lol. I knew it! I thought that thing was fake. They also falsified ancient records to include the existence of a moon. Ancient Egyptian tombs were unearthed and the tablets were modified and then the tomb resealed. It was the greatest cover-up of all time. :)

[QUOTE="bangell99"]I watched a documentary about this. The leading conspiracy theorist lives in a trailer in the desert with 26 cats.Engrish_Major

26 expert cats. You left out the important part.

Yeah, I saw that same documentary. I think most of his cats have Ph.Ds.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

Considering that we've been to the moon at least eleven times, no.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
The mafia was involved as well.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Of course not. Where do you think Cheese comes from? Moon mines, thats where.
KcurtorMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KcurtorMas
Member since 2009 • 1484 Posts

I usually get interested in this kind of thing, but I have to say, I dont care all too much. I dont think it was a hoax. Like one of the commentors said on the link, the Russians were onto us and watching our every move in the Space Race. If it was a hoax, they wouldve known, and wouldve obviously called us out on it.

-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Chimera-
Of course not. Where do you think Cheese comes from? Moon mines, thats where. raven_squad
Hell yeah. Wallace and Gromit were the first to begin prospecting the delicious cheese of the moon.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

There is a group of people called the Flat Earth Society that believes the moon and sun are 2 dimensional discs 32 miles in diameter floating a few thousand feet above the surface of a flat earth, which also has a giant icewall surrounding every side, and that the moon landings are fakes, and that the government tries to keep the shape of the earth hidden from the populace.

I **** you not, they actually believe that. They even made a digital map of what they believe the earth to be like.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
No. And all the people who claim that it was a hoax are deluded.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="df853"]

That article talks about conspiracy theorists that claim the moon landing was a hoax. It has a slideshow of photos that supposedly prove it was fake, and then it explains why the photo is the way it is. Interesting article.

What do you think? Do you think the moon landing was a hoax? If so, why? If not, why?

I think there was a conspiracy involving aliens, reverse vampires, and Debbie Rowe. I'm not sure how all 3 are connected or what they actually did, but I'm fairly certain there's a conspiracy.

Well tomorrow nasa will be presenting the world with HQ video of the first moon landing.. which they some how misplaced for 40 years..... i would agree with everyone here that it was not a hoax.... but when i saw the video of the flag waving and no one was touching it... made me think twice... so im on the fence
-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Chimera-

There is a group of people called the Flat Earth Society that believes the moon and sun are 2 dimensional discs 32 miles in diameter floating a few thousand feet above the surface of a flat earth, which also has a giant icewall surrounding every side, and that the moon landings are fakes, and that the government tries to keep the shape of the earth hidden from the populace.

I **** you not, they actually believe that. They even made a digital map of what they believe the earth to be like.

-TheSecondSign-
I thought the Flat Earth Society forums were just a really elaborate troll.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

-Chimera-

I hope so. Because to actually believe that, you'd have to be bat**** insane.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PannicAtack
There are some people who think that the moon is an "artificial construct."
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Theokhoth

There are some people who think that the moon is an "artificial construct."PannicAtack

That's no Moon. . .

Wolf-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Wolf-Chief
Member since 2008 • 2894 Posts

yeah you're right how could the flag be waving when there is no air in outer space.Everyone knows that the russians beat the usa in the space race the dog laika was a russian and jurij gargarin too

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
if it was a hoax wouldn't russia have called us on it?
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

yeah you're right how could the flag be waving when there is no air in outer space.Everyone knows that the russians beat the usa in the space race the dog laika was a russian and jurij gargarin too

Wolf-Chief

The Soviets never made it to the moon, you know why?

[spoiler] Because in Soviet Russia, Moon lands you! [/spoiler]

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Theokhoth

Wolf-Chief

The Russians were the first into space; the Americans were the first on the Moon.

See the two photos? See how the flag is in the exact same position in both photos?

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I watched an hour long show about Moon landing conspiracys, and proof that man landed on moon can found by the laser reflectors the crew installed on the Moon and is used even today. Physical proof.

Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

df853

Is Cebbie Rowe, Mike Rowe's mom?
And I dont really know,conspiracy theoristsmake lots of reasonable claims but its impossible to really tell.
One thing I do think though, is that they managed to get back and not die of cancer from exposure to radiation, so they are very very lucky people.
This is the reason we dont go there now, because its dangerous to be in space because of radiation, and the fact that there are pea sized or smaller asteroids moving at insanely fast speeds that could easily rip through a craft and a crew member.

villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts

brand new footage found weeks before the 40th anniversary!!

what are the chances :roll: IMO its BS that we ever went there, and its BS that no one has done it recently "because of the cost", do people believe that we could land on the moon in the 60's but cant do it now?

Makemap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Makemap
Member since 2007 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="-Chimera-"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"]

-TheSecondSign-

I hope so. Because to actually believe that, you'd have to be bat**** insane.

here

If water falls off,does that mean Earth creates infinite water?

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Theokhoth

I watched an hour long show about Moon landing conspiracys, and proof that man landed on moon can found by the laser reflectors the crew installed on the Moon and is used even today. Physical proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_Experiment" title="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_Experiment"> Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment

flazzle

Another proof is something GabuEx gave a while ago: when the Apollo landed it kicked up dust in a parabolic trajectory. That would be absolutely impossible to replicate on Earth due to our gravity.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PannicAtack

what are the chances :roll: IMO its BS that we ever went there, and its BS that no one has done it recently "because of the cost", do people believe that we could land on the moon in the 60's but cant do it now?

villa4europe
That's it? Really?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Theokhoth

villa4europe

China has a program ready to go and set up moon bases in 2020.

We've been there eleven times. Not once. Six of those times had people on the Moon's surface.

Cathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cathan
Member since 2009 • 179 Posts
No, I don't think that it was a hoax. I have never seen a compelling conspiracy theory before, and this is certainly no exception.-Chimera-
Yeah, plus if a historical event that big was a lie, it would've been found out by now. It's been what, 40 years?
-Chimera-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Chimera-

[QUOTE="-Chimera-"]No, I don't think that it was a hoax. I have never seen a compelling conspiracy theory before, and this is certainly no exception.Cathan
Yeah, plus if a historical event that big was a lie, it would've been found out by now. It's been what, 40 years?

Exactly. As if our government would be competent enough to keep something like that a total secret for this long.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
The truth is: It was a hoax.... :)
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Theokhoth

The truth is: It was a hoax.... :)Dogswithguns

Were the subsequent ten trips also hoaxes?

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
No, it DID happen. Discovery Channel went over all the conspiracy Theorists arugements and photos one by one to explain how it did happen and why they were like that scientifically.
villa4europe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 villa4europe
Member since 2004 • 7081 Posts

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

Theokhoth

We've been there eleven times. Not once. Six of those times had people on the Moon's surface.

the last one being in 1972

i find it hard to get my head round why we felt so compelled to get there, now have far better technology both in terms of the ability to get there and analysis of anything found and yet for the last 37 years dont want to go anymore?

and why does it take china that long?

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="df853"]

Well tomorrow nasa will be presenting the world with HQ video of the first moon landing.. which they some how misplaced for 40 years..... i would agree with everyone here that it was not a hoax.... but when i saw the video of the flag waving and no one was touching it... made me think twice... so im on the fence

Discovery explained why the flag moved and it made 100% complete sense.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

villa4europe

i find it hard to get my head round why we felt so compelled to get there, now have far better technology both in terms of the ability to get there and analysis of anything found and yet for the last 37 years dont want to go anymore?

Maybe we haven't gone there much because there isn't really anything of worth there and it costs millions and millions of dollars?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Lol, no.
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]The truth is: It was a hoax.... :)Theokhoth

Were the subsequent ten trips also hoaxes?

All of them except number 8; that one was real
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="df853"]

Seriously, all this "moon hoax" crap has been debunked time and time again.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

PannicAtack

Maybe we haven't gone there much because there isn't really anything of worth there and it costs millions and millions of dollars?

Not to mention that now we have advanced computers and electronics. Which we have sent to the moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, etc. These days, when we want to "go" to a planet, we just send robots. What, were the Mars rovers an elaborate hoax too? Because if we can get to Mars, I'm pretty ****ing sure that we can get to the moon.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 df853

[QUOTE="df853"]

MuddVader

Is Cebbie Rowe, Mike Rowe's mom?And I dont really know,conspiracy theoristsmake lots of reasonable claims but its impossible to really tell.
One thing I do think though, is that they managed to get back and not die of cancer from exposure to radiation, so they are very very lucky people.
This is the reason we dont go there now, because its dangerous to be in space because of radiation, and the fact that there are pea sized or smaller asteroids moving at insanely fast speeds that could easily rip through a craft and a crew member.

Debbie Rowe is that person involved in the whole Michael Jackson thing.

The radiation is dangerous, but they are shielded pretty well in an actual ship. When they go on spacewalks they get radiated a lot. And the whole pea sizes rocks thing, yeah, that is dangerous. They have people on earth that track space debris so they can lessen the dangers of this debris when they launch into space. For the record, there are people in space right now as we speak on the international space station. You probably already knew that, but I could not tell from the context of what you were saying.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="df853"]

Then why? I have heard it moved because someone was holding it... and basically moved it quickly causing it to flutter.... but the one i watch no one was holding the flag
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"][QUOTE="bsman00"] Well tomorrow nasa will be presenting the world with HQ video of the first moon landing.. which they some how misplaced for 40 years..... i would agree with everyone here that it was not a hoax.... but when i saw the video of the flag waving and no one was touching it... made me think twice... so im on the fence bsman00

Then why? I have heard it moved because someone was holding it... and basically moved it quickly causing it to flutter.... but the one i watch no one was holding the flag

The momentum could cause it to continue moving for a short period after someone lets go of it. After all, there's less friction. By the way, are there any conspiracy theories you don't buy into?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="villa4europe"]

villa4europe

So?

We were compelled because it was a race. Ever since Russia got into space first, they and America went through a rather large and expensive pissing contest.There's no race now, and no pressing need to get to the Moon.

Um, China has to develop the technology and the means necessary to get there and set up bases before they can up and go? :|

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

most definitley :roll: