Walking Dead (Questions ) please help me understand - possible spoiler

This topic is locked from further discussion.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

1) Why is the tactic of smearing oneself with Walker blood, guts and flesh to act as "blend in as another walker barrier" not utililized more often? It is super effective, and most of all, when the shiz hits the fan, this greatly gives you a high chance of survival when being overwhelmed by walkers.

As in they should have an emergency vat or canteen of walker innards to spread on themselves for dire situations so they can live another day. plus there is an abundance of this stuff.

2) Why the hell do the make Negan do some weird "curtsy" move so frequently when he speaks?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

1) In order for it to work the cast has to lumber around at the pace of a zombie, which isn't always practical. At this point the cast is pretty confident/cocky that they don't need to do this disgusting timely procedure often, and because of that it also makes the walkers occasionally dangerous.

Michelle McLaren (best writer/director ever of WD) was the first to utilize this concept in her season 1 episode. She has directed 10 or 11 episodes of Breaking Bad (she has directed more episodes of BB than anyone else!) and 4 episodes of Game of Thrones. Unfortunately WD needs more people with her pedigree.

2) Speaking of cocky that's Negans way of saying you are my bitch I can do whatever I want, and if you say anything about my weird "curtsy" move you will feel my wrath. It also his way of emphasizing what he is saying.

Maybe not the best answers but the writing is pretty shoddy with Walking Dead anyways. As of its last season, Fear the Walking Dead has been the better show. But I know that's beside the point.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

1) In order for it to work the cast has to lumber around at the pace of a zombie, which isn't always practical. At this point the cast is pretty confident/cocky that they don't need to do this disgusting timely procedure often, and because of that it also makes the walkers occasionally dangerous.

Michelle McLaren (best writer/director ever of WD) was the first to utilize this concept in her season 1 episode. She has directed 10 or 11 episodes of Breaking Bad (she has directed more episodes of BB than anyone else!) and 4 episodes of Game of Thrones. Unfortunately WD needs more people with her pedigree.

2) Speaking of cocky that's Negans way of saying you are my bitch I can do whatever I want, and if you say anything about my weird "curtsy" move you will feel my wrath. It also his way of emphasizing what he is saying.

Maybe not the best answers but the writing is pretty shoddy with Walking Dead anyways. As of its last season, Fear the Walking Dead has been the better show. But I know that's beside the point.

yes to your first point I know the good fighters are confident enough, but I am referring to the loser characters who are poor fighters, so many MORE deaths could have been prevented if they just resorted to this timely and repulsive tactic.

Yes Michelle is great in her 4 GOT episodes, .... i think "Hardhome" is right up there with her 4 episodes too.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@multiplat:

As far as walking dead episodes she did "pretty much dead already" , the stunner where Carols kid walks out of the barn as a walker, the 2nd or 3rd episode of Season 1 called "Guts" that we talked about, and one of my favorite episodes "A", the episode at the end of season 4 where Carl was nearly raped and everyone met up and were trapped in Terminus.

She also was set to direct the "Wonder Woman" movie, but she was fired over creative differences. Michelle had wanted a movie with more action ala Braveheart but the studio wanted it more character driven. I liked the WW movie, but it could have been better, would have liked to have seen her version. Love to see her direct Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) for Marvel Studios.

She has quite a resume with X-files, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Westworld, an episode of Better Call Saul and now 2 episodes of The Deuce, which is created by the guy that gave us The Wire, David Simon.