Violent racism in Ukraine and Poland - fans warned to stay away from Euro 2012

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
Sol Campbell warns fans to stay away from Euro 2012 For UK users, there'll be a Panorama on this tonight. Absolutely irresponsible of UEFA to even allow both countries to host Euro 2012 if racism to this massive extent actually goes on regularly.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

Don't forget, we've got the 2018 World Cup in Russia, too. :(

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
I can't believe its 2012 and sh!t like this still goes on. Sickening
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"]Sol Campbell warns fans to stay away from Euro 2012 For UK users, there'll be a Panorama on this tonight. Absolutely irresponsible of UEFA to even allow both countries to host Euro 2012 if racism to this massive extent actually goes on regularly.

Wow.. that sucks. Are these fans actual NeoNazis though, or are they just doing these insults to get into the other team's heads?
Captain52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Captain52
Member since 2008 • 448 Posts
I can't believe its 2012 and sh!t like this still goes on. SickeningSteverXIII
Makes me wonder if crap like this will still be going on even in the year 3012...
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 michaelP4
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="michaelP4"]Sol Campbell warns fans to stay away from Euro 2012 For UK users, there'll be a Panorama on this tonight. Absolutely irresponsible of UEFA to even allow both countries to host Euro 2012 if racism to this massive extent actually goes on regularly.

Wow.. that sucks. Are these fans actual NeoNazis though, or are they just doing these insults to get into the other team's heads?

Not sure, but none of them can claim to be ignorant to what that salute actually means and signifies, that's for sure.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Soccer and its fans suck
SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]I can't believe its 2012 and sh!t like this still goes on. SickeningCaptain52
Makes me wonder if crap like this will still be going on even in the year 3012...

I don't think humanity will last that long TBH
Zopple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zopple
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]Sol Campbell warns fans to stay away from Euro 2012 For UK users, there'll be a Panorama on this tonight. Absolutely irresponsible of UEFA to even allow both countries to host Euro 2012 if racism to this massive extent actually goes on regularly.kingkong0124

Really messed up either way; watched the extended news report earlier today and they were making monkey sounds as black fans walked by the stands. Sounds to me it is indeed raw racism, and they're not just trying to put off the opposition or anything.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

I knew Ukraine had some racism problems, but Poland as well? Were they the ones doing the Nazi salute, shouldnt they all hate Nazis?

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#11 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="michaelP4"]Sol Campbell warns fans to stay away from Euro 2012 For UK users, there'll be a Panorama on this tonight. Absolutely irresponsible of UEFA to even allow both countries to host Euro 2012 if racism to this massive extent actually goes on regularly.

If they're doing it to get into other team's heads, they ain't helping.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 michaelP4

I knew Ukraine had some racism problems, but Poland as well? Were they the ones doing the Nazi salute, shouldnt they all hate Nazis?

BossPerson
Yep, Poland does indeed have a big racism problem, as does Russia. It's a form of anti-communism that has survived post-USSR. Although that's not to say it's just anti-communism. From all the reports I've seen on racism in Russia for example, these movements do indeed to be genuinely racist rather than just anti-communists, angry people etc. It was more that they probably used that as a way to recruit people into these movements - then of course indoctrinate their recruits into believing racist ideologies.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"]I can't believe its 2012 and sh!t like this still goes on. SickeningCaptain52

Nah, we'll be being racist to the other intelligent alien species by then...

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Cross those countries from my list.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It's pretty common in a lot of places. Not just those two countries.

Vac87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vac87
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

I'd feel many times safer in Poland or Russia than I would a country like Brazil, where the next World Cup is.

Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
this Euro is gonna be a massive fail
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Is there a way to just wall off these countries?

If they dont see other human beings as equal, lets them seperate them from the rest of us.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

If they dont see other human beings as equal, lets them seperate them from the rest of us.

Zaibach
It's just a couple of reckless youth. I doubt much of the country would be fine with nazi salutes
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts
if problems are so bad that they're telling people not to go to countries where violent neo-nazi and ultra-nationalist gangs beat foreigners they shouldn't just tell fans not to come, the sports teams themselves should pull out of the events
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

BossPerson

It's just a couple of reckless youth. I doubt much of the country would be fine with nazi salutes

If that is the case it is something that should have been dealt with by the country's FA. Here in the UK, the authourities are actively working to kick racism out of football

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Here's a fact: the Brits love yellow journalism. It's in their blood. They just have to do stuff like this. Panorama is known for its idiotic tabloid stunts.

Here's another fact: football racism is a problem in all of Europe. In February David Cameron promised to crush football racism. People were arrested in the UK this year thanks to their racism directed at football players and fans.

People were complaining about German racism during the 2006 World Cup.

You can't handle this problem if you sweep it under a rug. Sol Campbell and Panorama do more harm than good.

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
What I find funny is how so many Slavic countries embraces Nazism, when the Nazis in Germany viewed them as subhumans only good for slavery.
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts

I'd feel many times safer in Poland or Russia than I would a country like Brazil, where the next World Cup is.

Vac87
What u try'na say about Brasil ? what's wrong with Brasil can i ask are you white by any chance?
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
What I find funny is how so many Slavic countries embraces Nazism, when the Nazis in Germany viewed them as subhumans only good for slavery.m25105
This. But then again these are youth who weren't alive in 1945, so they probably don't give a crap.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Vac87"]

Chicken453
What u try'na say about Brasil ? what's wrong with Brasil can i ask are you white by any chance?

What's wrong with Brazil? I don't know, maybe its high murder and poverty rates? What does being white have to do with anything?
Chicken453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chicken453
Member since 2011 • 2038 Posts
[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="Vac87"]

gamerguru100

What's wrong with Brazil? I don't know, maybe its high murder and poverty rates? What does being white have to do with anything?

Johannesburg has the highest crime rate around and also has a high rape rate, yet i'm confused as to why someone would pick brasil?
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Chicken453"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="Chicken453"] What u try'na say about Brasil ? what's wrong with Brasil can i ask are you white by any chance?

Johannesburg has the highest crime rate around and also has a high rape rate, yet i'm confused as to why someone would pick brasil?

Because it has high rates of murder regardless of the murder rate of Johannesburg. Hey, I'd rather live in Brazil than any country in Africa. I'll give you that. :P
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
Some russian dude I know says everything will be a-ok so I'm gonna take his word on that
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
What I find funny is how so many Slavic countries embraces Nazism, when the Nazis in Germany viewed them as subhumans only good for slavery.m25105
TBH communism didn't treat them much better.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

Soccer and its fans suckBucked20

That's the best answer.

Community doesn't... but soccer is a magnet for dumbness.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Matthew-first

sonicare

Yes it is... It's a problem in every country...
and Racism, is much more common term in US... than here.

Zaibach

I'm Polish and I live here since I was born... I met only ONE racist.... it's nothing common in here... trust me.
Ukraine is a weird country though...
But now you're being a bit Nationalistic here... :)

Last time, on the Official web of UEFA (!) they said a lot of lies about our country... that we did something to ukraine... didn't read much about that.

Here's a fact: the Brits love yellow journalism. It's in their blood. They just have to do stuff like this. Panorama is known for its idiotic tabloid stunts.

Here's another fact: football racism is a problem in all of Europe. In February David Cameron promised to crush football racism. People were arrested in the UK this year thanks to their racism directed at football players and fans.

You can't handle this problem if you sweep it under a rug. Sol Campbell and Panorama do more harm than good.

Baranga

Have you seen that?
I was offended...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJDznXsweio

Btw. Polish would never sing or hum their national anthem while pissing... that's just unacceptable.

P.S:
Why all that hate? :|

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

Zaibach
might as well wall off every country. Stop pretending like its only eastern european countries that have this problem. Japan is also racist. the US is racist, France is racist, the UK, Australia, india, African countries aswell. Ukraine and Poland are in the spotlight now, but look at Brazil, they are hosting next. You are a pretty stupid person I see, making rash, ignorant statements. next time think before you post.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

muscleserge
might as well wall off every country. Stop pretending like its only eastern european countries that have this problem. Japan is also racist. the US is racist, France is racist, the UK, Australia, india, African countries aswell. Ukraine and Poland are in the spotlight now, but look at Brazil, they are hosting next. You are s pretty stupid person I see, making rash, ignorant statements. next time think before you post.

Agreed.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

muscleserge

might as well wall off every country. Stop pretending like its only eastern european countries that have this problem. Japan is also racist. the US is racist, France is racist, the UK, Australia, india, African countries aswell. Ukraine and Poland are in the spotlight now, but look at Brazil, they are hosting next. You are a pretty stupid person I see, making rash, ignorant statements. next time think before you post.

I appreciate, thank you :)

EDIT:
There are thiefs in every country in the world...
There are mafias in every country in the world...
There are racists in every country in the world...
Etc. Etc.

I now ask rest of you...

Why do you only see the problems of other countries?
Look at your country of residence first... before posting anything about others.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Matthew-first

Imma have to call BS on that. I have spent years of my life in America and encountered racism from some individuals. I never saw a stadium full of racists. I never saw whole mobs of people making monkey noises every time a black player touched the ball. I sure as hell never saw an innocent family from india get mobbed and beaten just for being indian, in broad daylight, with nobody doing a thing to stop it.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Baranga
Individuals in the UK. Thousands of chanting fans in Poland/Ukraine. Say what you want about 'the brits', does video footage not speak for itself? Did i not just watch easily two or three thousand people shouting 'ZIEG HEIL!' and doing the nazi salute? They got, on camera, innocent indian students in the family section mobbed by racists. Aren't you 'sweeping it under the rug' with posts like that?
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Soccer and its fans suckMatthew-first

That's the best answer.

Community doesn't... but soccer is a magnet for dumbness.

Its the biggest sport in the world of course there will be some bad points. Its not like this happens every day...
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Nothing worse than people will get in London for the Olympics. The media have blown this way out of proportion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

Ninja-Hippo

Imma have to call BS on that. I have spent years of my life in America and encountered racism from some individuals. I never saw a stadium full of racists. I never saw whole mobs of people making monkey noises every time a black player touched the ball. I sure as hell never saw an innocent family from india get mobbed and beaten just for being indian, in broad daylight, with nobody doing a thing to stop it.

Happens to whites as well. Probably much more often.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
They should go anyway. Get right in their faces about it, too.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 branketra
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

and Racism, is much more common term in US... than here. jointed

Happens to whites as well. Probably much more often.

What makes you say that?
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

wow

DarkOfKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkOfKnight
Member since 2011 • 2543 Posts
Stay classy Europe. (STFU, Euros do this in EVERY negative thread about the USA it seems)
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"] What makes you say that?

Because Ninja-Hippo made it sound as if racism in football is a severe problem. The problem is the perception that whites are the only ones that can be racist.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] What makes you say that?

Because Ninja-Hippo made it sound as if racism in football is a severe problem. The problem is the perception that whites are the only ones that can be racist.

Racism in football is a severe problem why do you think you see those STOP RACISM banners all throughout the stadium, I mean if people dressing up as Neo Nazi's and saluting doesn't make you change your mind? I don't know what will.
Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#48 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Ah yes, Eastern Europe.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 branketra
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] What makes you say that?

At least in a few countries, it really is. Every case of racism that I've seen regarding this issue has been with them as the instigators. If there are others, I would be glad to see it. Proof speaks for itself, after all.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Racism is prevalent across Europe, not just Eastern Europe we're also talking suppposedly 'modern' countries like Spain, Italy, Greece, you'll routinely find stadiums packed full of far-right hooligans chanting abuse and Nazi slogans.

The only country in Europe where none of this really happens is the UK.