This topic is locked from further discussion.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

I came across this article and wondered if there was any truth to it from the point of view of people living in the US?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

It's true. I could give a few anecdotal examples, but yeah it's true.

The conservative mantra in this country is : SCREW YOU!

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

We have a disgusting, inhumane healthcare system in this country that values profits over people. A symptom of a sick culture infected with the sickness of greed.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: give me your examples please.
How can it be so bad over there then? You guys live in a bubble, it's par for the course?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

It's true

but FFS did she have to call herself a "social justice warrior"? That's not a good thing, you don't want to call yourself that.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:

@br0kenrabbit: give me your examples please.

How can it be so bad over there then? You guys live in a bubble, it's par for the course?

It's simply that I know people who have been injured through no fault of their own and were stuck with medical bills they couldn't afford. It's a disgusting system.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's true

but FFS did she have to call herself a "social justice warrior"? That's not a good thing, you don't want to call yourself that.

Agreed, she made very valid points and that label was unnecessary.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Why? I don't understand how those negative connotations came to be

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

@R3FURBISHED said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Why? I don't understand how those negative connotations came to be

It's self-righteous and arrogant, bordering on narcissism in the context of how it was written in the text.

Whatever a SJW meant does not matter much, what it means now is someone who thinks they know better and has incredibly (often to an extremist extent) liberal views and standards.

If Republicans are the Empire, and Democrats are the Rebel Alliance, then SJW's are Saw Gerrera (Rogue One reference). They harm the cause.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's self-righteous and arrogant, bordering on narcissism in the context of how it was written in the text.

opinions and assholes, I guess

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Don't you guys find it interesting that instead of discussing the text, that apparently you agree with, instead you decide to focus on why sjw is a bad thing?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
@R3FURBISHED said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

opinions and assholes, I guess

Should I just assume you stopped reading at the quoted part?

@phbz said:

Don't you guys find it interesting that instead of discussing the text, that apparently you agree with, instead you decide to focus on why sjw is a bad thing?

meh, it's fun to discuss these things. So yes I do find it interesting.

What I also find interesting is that having a rational point of view on healthcare is apparently enough to make you an irrational, extremist SJW. I'm sorry, but if being pro-healthcare makes you an SJW--something a lot of people on both sides associate negatively--then that's not a good thing.

Why do the people who want the government to do it's job, the people that want to look after each other, why are they the ones that have to be "warriors?" Why do they have to be the rebels, the revolutionaries, the upstarts, the rabble-rousers.? That's not a good association to be made.

So when you go "Blah blah blah good point good point good point ok making sense making sense making sense" and then you top it all off with an icing of insanity "AND I'M AN SJW!" it's like dammmmmmmmmmmmmn kind of ruined it. You were really good there until the end, but shit you just had to finish with that, huh?

Don't rock the boat. You're the damn boat!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Great perspective, thanks for sharing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@phbz said:

Because there isn't much to discuss, most Americans do agree with it.. What should be discussed is the fact that it makes it out to seem like only one party wants healthcare like this, and not both parties.. Establishment democrats have absolutely no desire in pushing for a single payer system due to their corporate sponsors.. Take the Affordable Care Act for instance, it was a plan concocted from a CONSERVATIVE THINK Tank, and it was the biggest thing a supposed "democrat" could push out.. Establishment democrats in many ways are just like the Republicans, they just act like they are against it but support the same things over again.. Take the Paris Accords, a "victory for democrats", a plan that literally held little to no teeth in actually forcing the government in taking measures.. It was basically there for the democrats to claim they actually supported the environment while they tried to push through their pro fracking candidate and her coal industry stooge vp..