us bank overdrafts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thelittlemofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 thelittlemofo
Member since 2004 • 280 Posts

I never really use my usbank account so I don't put money in there, but a couple days ago I was paying someone with paypal. I thought I had paid them with my credit card, but somehow it went through on my usbank checking account and overdrafted it!

When I realized, it was too late. The bank already charged me $31 for my stupidity. My question is....will they only charge you once for overdrafting or everyday when your account balance is negative?

Steelers_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Steelers_86
Member since 2003 • 2268 Posts
one time, but every time you do it while your balance is negative you will receive another $31 fee
thelittlemofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 thelittlemofo
Member since 2004 • 280 Posts
That's nice to hear:) So if I just leave it at the negative balance right now without adding money or using it again, will there be any way they can further charge me?
Attunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Attunnel
Member since 2003 • 1724 Posts
They're actually trying to pass a bill to stop this. And I hope it does pass, because I hate those overdrafting fees. You really have to stay on top of how much money you have in the bank if you want to avoid them.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
I'm not certain of US Bank's policy, but many banks deduct from your account when you are overdrawn...and do so repeatedly while your account is in the negative. Bring the balance in the positive immediately.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
Basically if you don't know what you signed up for they will get buy with whatever they want.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
Damn that sucks. i recently had a couple of my checks bounce but it was the banks error and not mine. it still sucked though