Underrated Comdeies?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

I'm gonna go with these.

What say you, OT?

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

I always thought Undercover Brother was overrated.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
Definitely Kung Fu Hustle. Great movie and very funny

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
 i dont get the hate on it, it is really hilarious also,  that is a great movie right there, i laughed so much with it
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrmusicman247

Bluestorm-Kalas
Whenever I would talk about this movie to friends, they had never heard of it. Maybe its just my circles..
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

i dont get the hate on it, it is really hilarious also,  that is a great movie right there, i laughed so much with it 8-Bitterness
I loathe Will Ferrel and John Reily, and any movie they are ever in.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

I Love You, Man.

Critics pretty much universally praised it, but when it comes to movie goers, pretty much the only comedy from 2009 they ever give praise to is The Hangover, and while that was a good movie, I Love You, Man was a true mansterpiece of bromantic comedy which deserves more than it gets.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Role Models. People treat the Hangover and Step Brothers as the two best R-rated comedies of the past few years (and they actually were both pretty good movies), but Role Models was better than both.

R0CKSTAR184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R0CKSTAR184
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts
Free Radio. The TV show with Lance Krall.
lownslow302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lownslow302
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts

Role Models. People treat the Hangover and Step Brothers as the two best R-rated comedies of the past few years (and they actually were both pretty good movies), but Role Models was better than both.

Boston_Boyy

i agree

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
I think Grandma's Boy.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Elf.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

Elf.

Is that Zooey? :o
R0CKSTAR184

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R0CKSTAR184
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts
Youth in Revolt was great too.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrmusicman247

Elf.

no_more_fayth

I love that movie.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 no_more_fayth

[QUOTE="no_more_fayth"]

Elf.

Engrish_Major

Is that Zooey? :o

you know it. =3

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
Knocked Up. That movie has some seriously classic lines. "why dont you two go back in time and **** each other" "who needs a time machine, i got mine right here" *holds up glass of whisky* :lol:
fuegoseemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fuegoseemoney
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hot Rod. OMG i loved that movie so much. Andy Samberg is a genius.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Hot Rod. OMG i loved that movie so much. Andy Samberg is a genius.fuegoseemoney
Yeah me too, that and Pineapple Express get a lot of hate because neither of them are that funny the first time around, but they get better and better the more you watch them and appreciate their weird intricacies. And I also love Kung Fu Hustle as chicknfeet said it's not really underrated by people that get it, but it's so wacky and over the top that a lot of people probably pass it off as stupid slapstick.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 no_more_fayth

Hot Rod. OMG i loved that movie so much. Andy Samberg is a genius.fuegoseemoney

Jorma's funnier in that movie.

:)

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
[QUOTE="fuegoseemoney"]Hot Rod. OMG i loved that movie so much. Andy Samberg is a genius.bobbetybob
Yeah me too, that and Pineapple Express get a lot of hate because neither of them are that funny the first time around, but they get better and better the more you watch them and appreciate their weird intricacies. And I also love Kung Fu Hustle as chicknfeet said it's not really underrated by people that get it, but it's so wacky and over the top that a lot of people probably pass it off as stupid slapstick.

hmm, i disagree. Pinapple express was amazing the first time for me. not so much the second time
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

The God's Must Be Crazy

I only saw part of it but it was absolutely hillarious throughout. On top of that, it is an absolutely BRILLIANT look at how societies differ and what happens when they clash.

Basic premise is someone throws an empty coca cola bottle out of an airplane window and it lands next a bushmen in some desert in Africa. Having never experienced anything from the outside world, the tribe becomes fascinated with the bottle and end up finding many different uses for it. This leads to bickering within the tribe so one of the men takes the bottle and vows to "toss it off the edge of the Earth" and goes on a journey. There are also other characters that I won't get into, but it really is brilliant from what I saw.

Also, Duck Soup is another fantastic forgotten comedy. Seriously, if you don't find this funny you are dead inside.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#23 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
Miss March definitely.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 no_more_fayth

Miss March definitely. Daavpuke

i love the Whitest Kids.

:)

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 no_more_fayth

Adventureland.

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Hot Rod. effin hilarious

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

I think the work of The Coen Brothers are typically underrated.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrmusicman247

Hot Rod. effin hilarious

SpartanMSU

Yes. I agree with this.

Also my friend would like to submit this

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

SexDrive. Caught me off guard because my expectations weren't high at all.

spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Let's Go to Prison. A bit old (2006) but somehow I missed it and I was introduced to it recently and it matches my sense of humour.

lets go to prison

Clip

Trailer

Avatar image for positivebalance
positivebalance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 positivebalance
Member since 2010 • 2352 Posts

one of my favorite holiday movies as well as comedies.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Like the other posts have stated, Stephen Chow movies and Step Brothers. Took me over a year to finally watch it.
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

I don't know if "underrated" is the correct term. They usually get almost universal praise from critics.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
pineapple express
Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Engrish_Major
[QUOTE="spacedog1973"]

Let's Go to Prison. A bit old (2006) but somehow I missed it and I was introduced to it recently and it matches my sense of humour.

I second this. Slipped under my radar - caught it on HBO. Man, hilarious movie.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#36 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Haven't liked any of the films mentioned except Elf. I'm going with comedy series though:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - I've never seen anything else like it, and its genius known no bounds. Even watching episodes multiple times I've noticed new things that've cracked me up. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOA0oXETXJU

Brasseye - My favourite show in the history of the world... and for good reason. Chris Morris's genius take on satirising the media gives us some of the funniest moments in comedy history. That, and the 2001 special is for my money, the single funniest half an hour that you could ever watch, EVER. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZo8CHsgp8

Nathan Barley - Alongside Brasseye this is Chris Morris's best work. Sick, twisted, brilliantly imaginitive and full of hilarious moments, this NEEDS to be seen. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTWuUCPuf4 (WARNING, BAD LANGUAGE)

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nerd_Man
[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

I don't know if "underrated" is the correct term. They usually get almost universal praise from critics.

False. The Big Lebowski, for example, 78% approval rating on Rottentomatoes. That's not near universal praise.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

False. The Big Lebowski, for example, 78% approval rating on Rottentomatoes. That's not near universal praise.

Although Rotten Tomatoes hardly represents what people TRULY like/love in movies. Like they rated She's out of My League 54% but I absolutely adored that movie. Clash of the Titans was very entertaining, and they squashed that review. Critics do not surprise me with their reviews but I take it with a grain of salt.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bobbetybob

Haven't liked any of the films mentioned except Elf. I'm going with comedy series though:

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace - I've never seen anything else like it, and its genius known no bounds. Even watching episodes multiple times I've noticed new things that've cracked me up. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOA0oXETXJU

Brasseye - My favourite show in the history of the world... and for good reason. Chris Morris's genius take on satirising the media gives us some of the funniest moments in comedy history. That, and the 2001 special is for my money, the single funniest half an hour that you could ever watch, EVER. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZo8CHsgp8

Nathan Barley - Alongside Brasseye this is Chris Morris's best work. Sick, twisted, brilliantly imaginitive and full of hilarious moments, this NEEDS to be seen. Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvTWuUCPuf4 (WARNING, BAD LANGUAGE)

TheLordHimself
I love Brasseye and Nathan Barley. I need to watch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, I saw some of it ages ago but never watched it again.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

1. Funny People

Sure it wasnt very funny but I liked how it mixed comedy, and drama. I think Judd Apatow is maturing as a director. His characters are starting to have more depth. Slightly at least.

2. BASEketball

3. Top Secret!

4. Ravenous

Everyone thought this was a serious horror film. Oh how wrong they were. This is a dark, absurd, and hilarious comedy and cannibalism.

5. Taxidermia

6. Eating raoul

7. Storytelling

8. Save the green planet

9. Swimming with sharks

10. Igby goes down

11. Cemetery man

12. After hours

13. Happiness

14. Buckaroo banzai

15. Secretary

16. Delicatessen

17. The house of yes

18. Serial mom

19. Defending your life

20. Death to smoochy

21. Palindromes

22. The Butcher boy

23. Bad boy bubby

24. Confessions of a dangerous mind

25. In the company of men

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="TheLordHimself"]

bobbetybob

I love Brasseye and Nathan Barley. I need to watch Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, I saw some of it ages ago but never watched it again.

Have you seen Chris Morris' new film Four Lions? It is fantastic, one of the best comedies I have seen in years. His show Brass Eye was brilliant, especially the Pedophile special.

spacedog1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 spacedog1973
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

[QUOTE="TheLordHimself"]

bobbetybob

Just to add, yeah Brasseye was great pity so many people got offended by the peodeophile episode.

And I loved the Peter serafinowicz Show

And of course the timeless, Bottom

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="TheLordHimself"]

Film-Guy

Have you seen Chris Morris' new film Four Lions? It is fantastic, one of the best comedies I have seen in years. His show Brass Eye was brilliant, especially the Pedophile special.

Sadly not, it had hardly any publicity even here in England so I didn't really find out about it until it was almost finished at the cinema. Definitely going to pick it up when it comes out on DVD.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
Role Models and Sex Drive. I had no expectations for either and they were both pretty funny. Also Shaun of the Dead because its the greatest movie ever made and received no Oscars.
IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"]

Nerd_Man

That's really, really high for Rottentomatoes. Not to mention that using Rottentomatoes for anything other than "relatively positive" or "relatively negative" is a bad way to go about. Movies are a lot more subjective than games are.

Coen Brothers movies are extremely popular, I would never throw them in the "underrated" category.

Anyways, my entry:

Fierce Creatures

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts

Black Dynamite , one of the funniest movies i've seen in a while .

Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nerd_Man

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"][QUOTE="Engrish_Major"]I don't know if "underrated" is the correct term. They usually get almost universal praise from critics.IzzieWaru

That's really, really high for Rottentomatoes. Not to mention that using Rottentomatoes for anything other than "relatively positive" or "relatively negative" is a bad way to go about. Movies are a lot more subjective than games are.

Coen Brothers movies are extremely popular, I would never throw them in the "underrated" category.

Anyways, my entry:

Fierce Creatures

I disagree. That is not "Really really high" for Rottentomatoes. Good? Yes. But not amazing. I think The Big Lebowski deserves higher than just "good".

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"]

mrmusicman247

Whenever I would talk about this movie to friends, they had never heard of it. Maybe its just my circles..

i've seen it, i thought it was pretty funny. i like at the end he's like
"behind every strong black man, theres-"

"- a strong black woman?"

"no.."

"a slower white athlete"

"no..."

"a cute butt?"

"no..."

"probably cause?" :lol:

"no" then dave chappelle's character gives the guy a nasty look :lol:

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Nerd_Man

I just saw this for the first time yesterday.

I absoultey loved it!

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

From what I've gathered through the years, it always seemed to me like The Cable Guy was perceived as a stain in Jim Carrey's career but I absolutely love that movie.