Uhhh Help! My girlfriend wants me to move in with her!!!

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Adamantium4k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Adamantium4k2
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts

I been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and she is about to get her own place and wants me to move in with her in an apartment. My problem is that I'm perfectly happy living with my brothers in a nice house. She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married. This has been stressing me out badly. I wasn't expecting any of this until at least a couple more years down the road. We both are in our early 20s and I feel that its not the right time. I told her to slow this process down but she is very stubborn and want to move forward quickly in this relationship. She now wants me to put most of my money into this apartment fiasco.

I'm very stressed...

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and she is about to get her own place and wants me to move in with her in an apartment. My problem is that I'm perfectly happy living with my brothers in a nice house. She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married. This has been stressing me out badly. I wasn't expecting any of this until at least a couple more years down the road. We both are in our early 20s and I feel that its not the right time. I told her to slow this process down but she is very stubborn and want to move forward quickly in this relationship. She now wants me to put most of my money into this apartment fiasco.

I'm very stressed...

Adamantium4k2

Why are you so stressed? Can't you just sit down with her and discuss this like normal couples do without stressing out? If she is pushy and really wants you to do this and you don't, just end it.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I'm very stressed...

Adamantium4k2

Oh women... If you really like this girl just talk to her. Try finding an alternative "route" like stay at her place sometimes (but not officially moving in with her). Explain that you like her too much to take such a sudden step and that you want to do everything when you feel right about it so as to secure the success of this relationship.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Amster_G

Also, you're gonna fall into a step dad trap as you will eventually be forced to pay for her child. She almost sounds like this former co-worker. She was like 18 when she had her child. Her boyfriend, who also worked with me, was often abused (verbally and mentally) - wanted him to do the same things. The sad thing is, he let it all happen. Took it all in and never stood up.

DON'T BECOME THAT GUY.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

If you don't want to do it, don't do it. Simple as that.

khatibi22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 khatibi22
Member since 2005 • 7330 Posts

Don't do it man. The lady is trying to talk you into something you are not ready for. You move in with her, you will regret it real soon but then it would be tough to move out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married.

Adamantium4k2

Ewjip.gif

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Sounds like you just want regular access to her vag and she wants alot more more.

I've been there many times. There's nothing to do but break up I'm afraid. Give her the whole "I'm just not ready yet to settle down and you deserve someone better" spiel.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Amster_G

Give her the whole "I'm just not ready yet to settle down and you deserve someone better" spiel.

Boddicker

And if she understands, you may be able to work things out. If she can't understand, it's time to move on.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

I been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and she is about to get her own place and wants me to move in with her in an apartment. My problem is that I'm perfectly happy living with my brothers in a nice house. She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married. This has been stressing me out badly. I wasn't expecting any of this until at least a couple more years down the road. We both are in our early 20s and I feel that its not the right time.I told her to slow this process down but she is very stubborn and want to move forward quickly in this relationship. She now wants me to put most of my money into this apartment fiasco.

I'm very stressed...

Adamantium4k2
See that part I bolded? If you can't explain to her in a calm and controlled manner exactly what I just bolded, and if she can't accept that, then I fear it might not bode well for the relationship. It's all about compromise, and if she is essentially forcing you to do things you're not comfortable with she isn't the right one for you.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

no, if she wants to marry you or something, study shows that a couple living together before marrage are very likely to get divorce. relationships are doomed to fail if a couple live together.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
[QUOTE="Adamantium4k2"]

I been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and she is about to get her own place and wants me to move in with her in an apartment. My problem is that I'm perfectly happy living with my brothers in a nice house. She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married. This has been stressing me out badly. I wasn't expecting any of this until at least a couple more years down the road. We both are in our early 20s and I feel that its not the right time.I told her to slow this process down but she is very stubborn and want to move forward quickly in this relationship. She now wants me to put most of my money into this apartment fiasco.

I'm very stressed...

General_X
See that part I bolded? If you can't explain to her in a calm and controlled manner exactly what I just bolded, and if she can't accept that, then I fear it might not bode well for the relationship. It's all about compromise, and if she is essentially forcing you to do things you're not comfortable with she isn't the right one for you.

Exactly this. You should be able to calmly discuss this with your significant other without causing too much stress. If it's not possible, then she's not the one for you. I've been with girls that I would never have wanted to move in with, while when I met my wife, I moved in with her after about a week or two. One thing I would suggest is if you decide to marry her, you should live together for a while just to see how well you get along in a situation like that.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

[QUOTE="Adamantium4k2"]

She also wants me to be the new step dad to her son and also wants us to get married.

Aljosa23

Ewjip.gif

That about covers it.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
It's a trap!
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Tell mustang sally to slow her mustang down!

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Tell her no? You are a human being with your own decision making abilities. If she can't accept that, then she doesn't sound like the kind of person you should have to deal with.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Why are you stressed. Tell her you don't want to move in yet. NEVER move in with a GF or BF. Until you're at least engaged, there's a good chance you're going to eventually breakup and then you have to move all your crap back out.

Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts
if you truly love her marry her... then move in with her. in that order.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whipassmt

Cohabitation is actually the worst way to get to know another person, because it shortcuts the true development of lasting friendship. Those who live together before marriage often report an over-reliance on sexual expression and less emphasis on conversation and other ways of communication - ways that ultimately lead to a more fulfilling sexual union after marriage. Traditionally, the process of dating or "courtship" has led couples to a deeper appreciation of one another through conversation, shared ideals and dreams, and a mutual understanding of one another's values.Tell her:

"countless studies have shown that couples who live together before marriage have higher rates of divorce and a poorer quality of marital relationship than those who do not."

"One study, conducted by researchers at the University of Chicago and the University of Michigan, concluded that couples who cohabit tend to experience superficial communication and uncommitted decision-making once they are married".

"Studies consistently show that couples who live together score significantly lower in both marital communications and overall satisfaction. On the surface, a trial run at marriage may seem to make sense, allowing one to screen out less compatible mates. But it doesn't work out that way. Couples who live together before marriage actually have a 50% greater chance of divorce than those who don't. And about 60% of couples who cohabit break up without marrying. Living together before marriage is different from living together in marriage, because there is no binding commitment to support the relationship."

Maybe you should just print out this letter, from which the above quotes all come, and have her read it.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeviander
^:lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59913425220eb

Cohabitation is actually the worst way to get to know another person, because it shortcuts the true development of lasting friendship. Those who live together before marriage often report an over-reliance on sexual expression and less emphasis on conversation and other ways of communication - ways that ultimately lead to a more fulfilling sexual union after marriage. Traditionally, the process of dating or "courtship" has led couples to a deeper appreciation of one another through conversation, shared ideals and dreams, and a mutual understanding of one another's values.Tell her:

"countless studies have shown that couples who live together before marriage have higher rates of divorce and a poorer quality of marital relationship than those who do not."

"One study, conducted by researchers at the University of Chicago and the University of Michigan, concluded that couples who cohabit tend to experience superficial communication and uncommitted decision-making once they are married".

"Studies consistently show that couples who live together score significantly lower in both marital communications and overall satisfaction. On the surface, a trial run at marriage may seem to make sense, allowing one to screen out less compatible mates. But it doesn't work out that way. Couples who live together before marriage actually have a 50% greater chance of divorce than those who don't. And about 60% of couples who cohabit break up without marrying. Living together before marriage is different from living together in marriage, because there is no binding commitment to support the relationship."

Maybe you should just print out this letter, from which the above quotes all come, and have her read it.

whipassmt

sweet, sounds legit. Words of wisdom right there in that letter. The purpose of marriage is to reflect God's glory and the love Christ has towards the church. keeping it real.. prevent divorce.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59913425220eb

whipassmt

sweet, sounds legit. Words of wisdom right there in that letter. The purpose of marriage is to reflect God's glory and the love Christ has towards the church. keeping it real.. prevent divorce.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whipassmt

"a word to the not so wise about your little girlfriend ... broom her fast" where "broom" apparently means to dump or break up with.

I am not advising you to follow Stormin' Norman's (Osborn, not Schwarzkopf) advice. However you must consider the possibility, that, if your girlfriend is overly insistent into pushing you to move in with her against your will and better judgment, you may have to cut off this relationship.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

GameGuy642003

thanks. And here I was expecting that I might get some negative replies to my post, but so far, it seems I've only gotten positive.

Anyways, it seems that so far OT is of one accord that the TC should not move in with his girlfriend.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

She sounds like she's getitng you "prepped" for an engagement.

If you do move in, expect to be pesterd by her and her friends/family for a ring in the near-future.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Just sit down and talk to her...
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
How is this even a question? Unless you're desperate for sex/companionship, get away immediately. Why are you even in a relationship with someone who has a kid if you're so young?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

[QUOTE="Adamantium4k2"]

Slow_Show

Ewjip.gif

That about covers it.

Yep. I'd rather be with someone with no skeletons in the closet. Also don't know how old you are but if you're young, I wouldn't do it.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
Tell her to move in with your bros
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts
be honest and let her know you're not ready for that yet. don't jump into anything too hastily.. you'll regret it later. if she's going to pull any kinda ultimatum crap just think, is that the kind of girl you would want to marry?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 comp_atkins

Why are you stressed. Tell her you don't want to move in yet. NEVER move in with a GF or BF. Until you're at least engaged, there's a good chance you're going to eventually breakup and then you have to move all your crap back out.

Pirate700
my chick and i bought a place together and lived there for 3 years before we even got engaged.. it can work :P
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#34 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I'm very stressed...

Adamantium4k2
If you do not want to move in with her, then tell her. [spoiler] She probably wants her child to grow up in a stable environment. [/spoiler]
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whipassmt

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

comp_atkins

my chick and i bought a place together and lived there for 3 years before we even got engaged.. it can work :P

Are you married now?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

whipassmt

Are you married now?

yup
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zeviander
my chick and i bought a place together and lived there for 3 years before we even got engaged.. it can work :P comp_atkins
My GF and I are still living together after almost 3 years. We just moved into a new place. We haven't made any engagement/marriage plans yet because we've agreed we would establish careers first. And that marriage on the legal level isn't necessary until we start having kids.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Tell her to move in with your brosAussieePet
That's a great idea. Then you and your bros can all gang bang her. Sounds like a good time.
StatusShuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StatusShuffle
Member since 2012 • 1908 Posts
How can you be stu- No, do it, that way you can pay child support after you try to move away later.
austi722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 austi722
Member since 2009 • 452 Posts

Don't move in with her. She moves in with you. Because if you live in her apartment. You piss her off. She kicks you out. Instead you can get pissed off and kick her out :D

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#42 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

I'm very stressed...

Adamantium4k2
If you're not ready then you must make her understand.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Don't move in with her. She moves in with you. Because if you live in her apartment. You piss her off. She kicks you out. Instead you can get pissed off and kick her out :D

austi722
That's not how it happens in the movies! The guy is always kicked out.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#44 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
Screaming mostly solves all your problems.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#45 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
[QUOTE="austi722"]

guynamedbilly
That's not how it happens in the movies! The guy is always kicked out.

An the brothers move in. If you get my perverted drift.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
A healthy minded person should never force anyone into a parent kind of relationship with them. If she's causing you stress from a proposition you should 100% be able to decline then maybe she's not the right person for you. She should accept your decision and let that be the end of it. But if it were only this easy :(
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 comp_atkins

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

thanks. And here I was expecting that I might get some negative replies to my post, but so far, it seems I've only gotten positive.

Anyways, it seems that so far OT is of one accord that the TC should not move in with his girlfriend.

it would have been nice if the website cited one of their "countless studies".. in any case. speaking from personal experience the only friend i have that had so far that has ended up divorced didn't live together before marriage.. but that's merely anecdotal evidence.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
You got in a relationship with a chick witha kid? Fawk that, someone busted all kindz of nuts and left LOL
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

Why would people want kids when they're not even 20 years old? It blows my mind.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

And thats why its better not to have a GF.