Top Ten Good Things About Our New Depression

This topic is locked from further discussion.

areyoumad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 areyoumad
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Top Ten Good Things About Our New Depression
By Ken Layne
Mar 23rd 2008 7:25PM
Filed Under:eBush Administration, Economy, Ron Paul, Ken Layne's Outrage

According to the same financial experts who didn't manage to predict the current housing crash/credit crunch recession, the next step in this miserable process will be a full-blown Great Depression.

There are many causes for our new national nightmare, and it's no more fair to say "George W. Bush personally caused the entire catastrophe and ruined America forever" than it's fair to say "George W. Bush personally piloted those jets into the World Trade Center and Pentagon."

The important thing is to prepare for your new life during the New Great Depression, which will probably last at least a dozen years and end with the United States being one of the world's poorest, most-backward nations. But there's a bright side, too!

1. Hunger is a great way to lose weight. Unless you live in some fancy rich place like Manhattan or Santa Monica, you are probably surrounded by fat people. You may even need to lose a bit of weight yourself. Well, dieting is about to get a lot easier! When you have no money for food -- not even Nachos or Pepsi -- you'll be amazed how fast your waist size shrinks.

2. Cut your commute by losing your job. Sick of sitting in traffic for hours every day? Soon we'll all lose our jobs, and the days will suddenly be nothing but relaxation. You'll be amazed how much money you save by simply staying home. There's no need for costly corporate clothes -- not even "business casual" -- and no need to blow $10 a day at that lousy little deli in the office park.

3. Who cares if gas costs $10 a gallon? Through the miracle of unemployment, you'll also save a fortune in gasoline and car maintenance and parking fees and the toll-road pass and Books On Tape and other modern horrors. During the 1930s Great Depression, families could afford to enjoy nice Sunday drives -- often to look and laugh at "Open Houses" -- because it was the only time they used the car at all.

4. And that means healthier air to breathe. Guess what causes all that pollution and the global warming and the greenhouse and whatever? Economic activity, that's what! Now that you've got plenty of time, take a walk out to the woods and watch the squirrels -- it's easy, now that you're fit and relaxed. Those squirrels just screw around all day long, eating whatever falls off the tree, and it doesn't mess up the environment at all. That's what you are now, basically: a benignly useless squirrel.

5. Ron Paul supporters will magically vanish. Tired of those angry Ron Paul people always messing up the Internet and putting their dumb "Re-LOVE-ution" signs everywhere? As soon as they're hungry and cold, they'll be begging the federal government for every kind of assistance. For fun, at the bread line or soup kitchen, yell out "Go Ron Paul!" Everybody will be too weak and hungry to hit you.

6. No more idiot fashions. Sick of suburban goth kids and tattoo-covered store clerks and "bling bling" and American Apparel? We all are. But as the malls close down and the money dries up, "fashion" will be replaced with "the need for some kind of garment." Our formerly fat people will be able to make several plain sets of work clothes from their muu-muus and giant shorts, and only the occasional bit of a "Sean Paul" logo on a farmer's overalls will offer any clue of the embarrassing consumer era that ended for good in 2008.

7. We can't really afford 10 items on this list, so that's it. Remember to stock up on dry beans and canned vegetables!

Ken Layne is currently the editor of Wonkette, but he'll see you all this coming fall on the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

http://news.aol.com/political-machin...at-depression/

dont tell me that i didn't warned you.

2008 is the end game for this planet and the universe.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts
We're not going to get into another depression.
5ilver5hadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 5ilver5hadow
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
Even thinking about reading that wall of text that really won't be interesting makes me feel depressed.
SkyFlakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SkyFlakez
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts
that's another depression..LOL :)
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
More alarmist bull-crap? Duly noted and ignored.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#6 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
We're not going to get into another depression.LJS9502_basic
I hope not. I still have $30 in my wallet. :evil:
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Luckily I'm not American, so it wont directly be a problem
areyoumad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 areyoumad
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Luckily I'm not American, so it wont directly be a problemWhicker89

lmao in this globalised world not a single country will be spared.

ss3goku12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 ss3goku12
Member since 2007 • 6145 Posts
Another depression?
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Whicker89

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Luckily I'm not American, so it wont directly be a problemareyoumad

Oh I bet they wont :roll:
hormagaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 hormagaunt
Member since 2003 • 6309 Posts

"According to the same financial experts who didn't manage to predict the current housing crash/credit crunch recession, the next step in this miserable process will be a full-blown Great Depression."

doesnt that just say it all?

moptopskate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 moptopskate
Member since 2004 • 2362 Posts
lol thats funny
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

"According to the financial experts didn'tmanage to predict the current housing crash/credit crunch recession, the next step in this miserable process will be a full-blown Great Depression."

doesnt that just say it all?

hormagaunt

hahahaha That's win.

KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Meh, it won't affect Australia, we are more affected by China's economy, which is booming.
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Whicker89
Meh, it won't affect Australia, we are more affected by China's economy, which is booming.KG86
Not to mention our supply of uranium and coal will keep us away from economic crash
darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
[QUOTE="KG86"]Meh, it won't affect Australia, we are more affected by China's economy, which is booming.Whicker89
Not to mention our supply of uranium and coal will keep us away from economic crash

US effects China effects Aus.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
It's debatable whether we are in a recession, let alone a depression.
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Whicker89
[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="KG86"]Meh, it won't affect Australia, we are more affected by China's economy, which is booming.darkfox101

US effects China effects Aus.

Sorry, you arent that important
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
It's debatable whether we are in a recession, let alone a depression. rimnet00
Not when most economist have said growth has slowed and we are pretty much in one. At least Bush has Fox News and the rest of his right-wing talking heads to back him in his "we are in tough times" speech.
ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts
[QUOTE="areyoumad"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Luckily I'm not American, so it wont directly be a problemWhicker89

Oh I bet they wont :roll:

if the U.S economy were to collapse, you honestly think no countries would be affected by it? try china, UK, AUS, and dozens of other countries were U.S makes an influence on their economies. Its called interdependent

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Is it just me or are there no qualifications for writing internet articles nowadays? Seriously, some of the tech-links at the top right of Gamespot have led me to the most biased and misinformed articles I've ever read.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

[QUOTE="rimnet00"]It's debatable whether we are in a recession, let alone a depression. videogamer456
Not when most economist have said growth has slowed and we are pretty much in one. At least Bush has Fox News and the rest of his right-wing talking heads to back him in his "we are in tough times" speech.

:| Once again, it's debatable.

videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts

[QUOTE="videogamer456"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]It's debatable whether we are in a recession, let alone a depression. rimnet00

:| Once again, it's debatable.

Oh, thanks for highlighting that part of your message for me, I didn't see it.

From what I have read in the LIBERAL New York Times, Forbes, and other papers who polled people who work on hedgefund, and people like Warren Buffet or our very own Former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan...we are in one. So you keep debating it, and I'll be thankful that we still have plenty of money, even after we lost a lot due to a terrible market.