To all Weight lifters on OT have you ever heard of this.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

Ok so i just completed my 9th workout using this method, and i just finished bench pressing my last set and as i got off the bench my legs gave out on me abit and i hadnt even worked them!!!!!

My arms and chest feel more ripped and pumped than ever before and it hurts just to move them, and whats so good about this is before i had to workout intensley for almost an hour, now i feel even more pumped and i only did 20 minutes.

Its called " The Matrix Principle"

After my brother had used this for a year he gave the book about it to meand i love it, The Matrix Principle focuses on fast and efficient workouts with little breathers in between different sets mainly around 20 seconds.

Ok so for example take a bench press, most people would do say 8 reps a set and 3 sets with about a minute in between with their 8th rep being their maximun and they cant lift anymore after that.

A standard Matrix bench press for example uses only 40% of your maximun lifting weight however you do 5 full reps, 5 half up reps, 5 half down reps and 5 full again, and after that you feel more pumped than doing 5 sets of the regular benching method.

And instead of having a 3-5min break after that you launch straight into your next set after about 30-45 seconds.

So OT weight lifters thats just an extremely small snippet of nformation on the whole Matrix Principle type workouts, what do you think of it and those that have tried it or heard of it plz share your experiences.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
This is first time I've heard of "The Matrix Principle." It sounds like you're doing supersets and high intensity training. They're good.
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"]

Ok so i just completed my 9th workout using this method, and i just finished bench pressing my last set and as i got off the bench my legs gave out on me abit and i hadnt even worked them!!!!!

My arms and chest feel more ripped and pumped than ever before and it hurts just to move them, and whats so good about this is before i had to workout intensley for almost an hour, now i feel even more pumped and i only did 20 minutes.

After my brother had used this for a year he gave the book about it to meand i love it, The Matrix Principle focuses on fast and efficient workouts with little breathers in between different sets mainly around 20 seconds.

Ok so for example take a bench press, most people would do say 8 reps a set and 3 sets with about a minute in between with their 8th rep being their maximun and they cant lift anymore after that.

A standard Matrix bench press for example uses only 40% of your maximun lifting weight however you do 5 full reps, 5 half up reps, 5 half down reps and 5 full again, and after that you feel more pumped than doing 5 sets of the regular benching method.

And instead of having a 3-5min break after that you launch straight into your next set after about 30-45 seconds.

So OT weight lifters thats just an extremely small snippet of nformation on the whole Matrix Principle type workouts, what do you think of it and those that have tried it or heard of it plz share your experiences.

more details please.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
This is first time I've heard of "The Matrix Principle." It sounds like you're doing supersets and high intensity training. They're good.BranKetra
This was what I was thinking.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 branketra
Just a head's up to TC: Supersets have no rest between them. Once the 'super is done, that's when you rest for 10-30 seconds. Ideally, just catch your breath.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonofsmeagle
[QUOTE="krayzieE99"][QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"]

more details please.

You should buy the book mate its highly worth it and covers more things than just lifting weights in different methods eg, it has an extremely good factual based arguement on why weightlifting for children and teens is good for them and doesnt stunt growth.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sonofsmeagle
Just a head's up to TC: Supersets have no rest between them. Once the 'super is done, that's when you rest for 10-30 seconds. Ideally, just catch your breath.BranKetra
yeh thats what i was thinking but the methods of different reps and sets really stand out and add more to it than just going to super sets, eg a very complicated one is the Matrix Alternates set type, 5 full reps - 1 half up 1 half down 1 full - 1 half up 1 half down 2 full - then so on the same till you reach 5 full reps, i tried this with the bench pressing and i could only do it with about 30% of my maximun weight and just and i could no longer do any other chest sets afterwards.
EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts
good old fashioned weight lifting is good enough for me.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sonofsmeagle
good old fashioned weight lifting is good enough for me. EntropyWins
well its still better than nothing and some very weird workouts but studys over 3 decades that the Matrix principle was used found that people who used the Matrix workout system for 49 weeks and followed it the way it was set out gained more msucle and strength than people who used standard methods for 3 years.
EntropyWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EntropyWins
Member since 2010 • 1209 Posts
[QUOTE="EntropyWins"]good old fashioned weight lifting is good enough for me. sonofsmeagle
well its still better than nothing and some very weird workouts but studys over 3 decades that the Matrix principle was used found that people who used the Matrix workout system for 49 weeks and followed it the way it was set out gained more msucle and strength than people who used standard methods for 3 years.

Well, if that was true (that you gained muscle three times faster with your matrix system) which I highly doubt by the way, then it would be a good routine to add a lot of muscle mass to your body. However my goal in lifting is not to become obscenely muscular but to stay trim, lean, and fit.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sonofsmeagle
[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="EntropyWins"]good old fashioned weight lifting is good enough for me. EntropyWins

Well, if that was true (that you gained muscle three times faster with your matrix system) which I highly doubt by the way, then it would be a good routine to add a lot of muscle mass to your body. However my goal in lifting is not to become obscenely muscular but to stay trim, lean, and fit.

Well stay with what works for you then but people do actually gain 3 times faster than before i saw it with my own eyes my brother used to be smaller than me and scrawnear but now hes ripped and much more muscley than me, i dont want to get too big but i'm hoping this weight lifting principle will help me get up to 205 pounds without any excess fat.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Sounds interesting... i would need link to the book or youtube video Thanks TC Will be waiting :evil:
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sonofsmeagle
Sounds interesting... i would need link to the book or youtube video Thanks TC Will be waiting :evil:Solid_Tango
http://www.amazon.com/Matrix-Principle-Revolutionary-Approach-Development/dp/0910944024 - link to Amazon http://www.dr-ronlaura.com/matrix_%20in_detail.html - link to the creator of the Matrix Principles website and a Overview of it in detail.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]Just a head's up to TC: Supersets have no rest between them. Once the 'super is done, that's when you rest for 10-30 seconds. Ideally, just catch your breath.sonofsmeagle
yeh thats what i was thinking but the methods of different reps and sets really stand out and add more to it than just going to super sets, eg a very complicated one is the Matrix Alternates set type, 5 full reps - 1 half up 1 half down 1 full - 1 half up 1 half down 2 full - then so on the same till you reach 5 full reps, i tried this with the bench pressing and i could only do it with about 30% of my maximun weight and just and i could no longer do any other chest sets afterwards.

You mean physically stopping halfway through? Are there any videos to explain this? It reminds of the shake weight. Not that it's bad or anything; the shake weight seems to use a similar principle on technique. It's just applied differently.
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts

[QUOTE="krayzieE99"][QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"]

sonofsmeagle

more details please.

You should buy the book mate its highly worth it and covers more things than just lifting weights in different methods eg, it has an extremely good factual based arguement on why weightlifting for children and teens is good for them and doesnt stunt growth.

are you new to lifting?

also there are 2 "matrix principle" books. which one are you talking about?

"The Matrix Principle: A Revolutionary Approach to Muscle Development"

and

"The Matrix Principle: Revolution in Weight Training"

Nintendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Nintendevil
Member since 2007 • 6598 Posts

Yeah I've heard stuff like that before.

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts

My football coach tells us to have 30 secs rest in between sets because it helps us with our exploding power. It is more intense and there is no time wasting. I believe this way of working out is similar to what you're talking about right?

Avatar image for gibson-les-rick
gibson-les-rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 gibson-les-rick
Member since 2007 • 798 Posts

It also puts extreme pressure on your heart I wouldn't recommend.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="krayzieE99"] more details please.krayzieE99

are you new to lifting?

and

One of those is only 8 pages long...

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonofsmeagle

[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="krayzieE99"] more details please.krayzieE99

are you new to lifting?

and

I'm talking about the 1st book and the i have been doing weight lifting off and on the past few years but its only been the last year that i have started it properely with a proper diet,routine,schedule and discipline.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonofsmeagle

My football coach tells us to have 30 secs rest in between sets because it helps us with our exploding power. It is more intense and there is no time wasting. I believe this way of working out is similar to what you're talking about right?

cyberdarkkid
Well the 30sec rest is just about the same for any high intensity set and routine but thats where the similiarities end.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sonofsmeagle

gibson-les-rick
Well most of us here are young and reletively fit i'm sure we'll manage, and if this is ok for some1 who is 60 something i,e, example in book, then i'm sure we'll be fine.
Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Oh gawd today I was bench pressing only like 60 pounds reps of 15 and I was worn out on the second set! While I normally bench press much higher weigh :? This might help, thanks a lot tc I'll google more on this
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I never really understood how and why people would workout for 3-4 hours in the gym. You're not doing your body any favors by "over-working" it. Your body can only build muscles and recover so much each day. And you should only work out two muscle parts of your body a day. I see some people working out chest, arms, and legs in one session. That's stupid. Some people have too much pride and ego. But foolish. I find that my best workouts are the short but INTENSE workout regimes. You gotta' feel the burn!

Great information TC!

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonofsmeagle
Oh gawd today I was bench pressing only like 60 pounds reps of 15 and I was worn out on the second set! While I normally bench press much higher weigh :? This might help, thanks a lot tc I'll google more on thisDarthkaiser
You should try what i mentioned dont just do 15 reps, do 5 reps where you lift it like normal then lift it halfway up stop and lift it 5 times up and down from the halfway point to your maximun lift then lower to the start again and lift it only halfway then down and do it 5 times aswell then do 5 full ones to top it off. and you can do that for all of your sets from curls to squats even cable pull downs and dumbell flyes. but i highley recommend you buy the book.
raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts
Sounds like another want to be strength coach trying to get his program noticed . To op just lift heavy and take a multi , good luck with your fitness goals in 2011 .
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonofsmeagle
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

I never really understood how and why people would workout for 3-4 hours in the gym. You're not doing your body any favors by "over-working" it. Your body can only build muscles and recover so much each day. And you should only work out two muscle parts of your body a day. I see some people working out chest, arms, and legs in one session. That's stupid. Some people have too much pride and ego. But foolish. I find that my best workouts are the short but INTENSE workout regimes. You gotta' feel the burn!

Great information TC!

yeh people like this are what alot of people call the meatheads of the lifting game, they think that if they just lift as much as they can as many times as they can and do everything in one day they'll get ripped, its not gonna happen.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonofsmeagle

Sounds like another want to be strength coach trying to get his program noticed . To op just lift heavy and take a multi , good luck with your fitness goals in 2011 . raiden509
lol no mate, this book and program was constructed in the 80s-90s and i just know theres alot of lifters on OT so i wanted to hear their imput, and i have no interest in being a fitness coach i plan on joining the military in a couple of years after i get outa University.

Edit: thanks anyway

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts

gibson-les-rick
Any strenuous exercise can enlarge your heart .....