Thoughts on transgender?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d51man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 d51man
Member since 2005 • 6143 Posts
First off, let me say that I am very open to the idea of homosexuality and lesbianism. I feel that transgender is sort of freakish, though. You were born with certain parts and the idea of having them removed and other parts added, then assuming a completely different lifestyle...Well, to be honest, disgusts me. What are your thoughts on it?
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
I have no problem with it. To each their own, whatever makes you happy, that's how I see it. If someoen wants ro tun around looking and acting like Frank M. Furter, they can go right ahead.
_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 _rock_
Member since 2007 • 7071 Posts
I frown apon the idea. But they can do what they want.
eloyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 eloyc
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts

I thik that is ruining your life and body.

If you had to do an effort, do it for accepting what you are, and not for removing/adding artificial parts to your body.

By the way, those people will NEVER be of the opposite sex, no matter how surgery they do on their bodies.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
It freaks me out especially if I can't tell the difference. :?
headshotnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 headshotnz
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
I dont support the idea, how ever, i wouldnt kick up a stink either.

Aslong as they are tollerent to people that dont like it, which includes if your a male (with no wang and a pair of **** ;) dont go hitting on guys etc, thats not fair lolz.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
i am accepting of them. i feel that if someone isnt happy with the way they were born they need to take the steps to become happy. and if changing their gender is how they achieve that happieness then good for them
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
I have nothing against it.
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cousin_eddy

I have nothing against it.1mpaler-w6rbnd

Rock on!

CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CreepingDeath_
Member since 2007 • 3342 Posts
I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".
-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -kaz3-
Member since 2006 • 7372 Posts
I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".CreepingDeath_
A murderer already did that. Ed gein i believe. Anyway, whatever, it's their body. Whatever makes them happy, I mean it's not like they are forcing the idea upon the rest of us.
cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cousin_eddy

[QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".-kaz3-
A murderer already did that. Ed gein i believe. Anyway, whatever, it's their body. Whatever makes them happy, I mean it's not like they are forcing the idea upon the rest of us.

Yes you are correct, Ed Gein was the proper murderer who did that. I give you props for knowing that.

-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -kaz3-

[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".cousin_eddy

Yes you are correct, Ed Gein was the proper murderer who did that. I give you props for knowing that.

My parents bought a book a few years ago about notorious evil people. Interesting stuff, although the mental images can sometimes be a bit hard to get rid off.
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CreepingDeath_

[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".cousin_eddy

Well I was referring to Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs :P.

-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -kaz3-
[QUOTE="cousin_eddy"]

[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".CreepingDeath_

Actually that movie was based on his life I think. Read that in the aforementioned book.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

By the way, those people will NEVER be of the opposite sex, no matter how surgery they do on their bodies.

eloyc

I wholeheartedly agree.

But not only that, I just genuinely find it absolutely disgusting.

It's sad that we seem to be the only creatures on earth with a identity crisis--a dog never tries to be a cat, a lion never tries to be a bear, and ect, ect.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

First off, let me say that I am very open to the idea of homosexuality and lesbianism. I feel that transgender is sort of freakish, though. You were born with certain parts and the idea of having them removed and other parts added, then assuming a completely different lifestyle...Well, to be honest, disgusts me. What are your thoughts on it?d51man

I have no prejudice, but I can't approve sex change. Besides, the change is only exterior: a man may change his sexual organs, his voice and disguise himself as a woman, but his organism and genetic construct are still those of a man.

Loporadaso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Loporadaso
Member since 2008 • 396 Posts
If thats what they want to do then thats fine by me, its their life and their body and it doesn't effect me in any way.
CreepingDeath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CreepingDeath_
[QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"][QUOTE="cousin_eddy"]

[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".-kaz3-

Actually that movie was based on his life I think. Read that in the aforementioned book.

Oh ok.

It says on Wikipedia that Ed Gein made a belt out of nipples. *shudder*

DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ_Novakain
Member since 2008 • 2147 Posts
If it looks like a girl, smells like a girl, taste like a girl, and sounds like a girl, id hit it.
-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -kaz3-
[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"][QUOTE="cousin_eddy"]

[QUOTE="-kaz3-"][QUOTE="CreepingDeath_"]I'm fine with it as long as they don't skin people and make "woman suits".CreepingDeath_

Oh ok.

It says on Wikipedia that Ed Gein made a belt out of nipples. *shudder*

I know what you mean. But at least that person was already dead. Torture is far worse. I don't even want to think about it :p
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
Right now, I don't have a problem with it. However, if this becomes a cultural trend I can see it becoming an issue. I mean, what if an 8 year old boy turns to his mother and says he wants to be a girl? That'd be pretty messed up... But yeah, if they're old enough to know their own mind then good luck to them.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts
It's their body, they can spend as much money as they want trying to change into whatever they want to be.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Its their body, they can do what they want with it. I'm not overly open to it, but I wouldn't treat a transgender person any different.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#25 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
I have friends who are transgendered, so I'm pretty comfortable with it. It's their bodies, and if they feel as though they were born in the wrong one, who am I to judge? Plus, what about people who are XXY? Shouldn't they be able to choose?
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
if they want too do it it's their body so why not?
Shiro-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shiro-kun
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

First off, let me say that I am very open to the idea of homosexuality and lesbianism. I feel that transgender is sort of freakish, though. You were born with certain parts and the idea of having them removed and other parts added, then assuming a completely different lifestyle...Well, to be honest, disgusts me. What are your thoughts on it?d51man

I think somewhat the same way you do.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and I support homosexual people 100%, but it's kind of ridiculous to change your gender.

Still, they can do whatever they want, I simply find it.. unnecessary.

Tazzmission187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tazzmission187
Member since 2008 • 804 Posts
i have a older brother whos gay and he isnt transgender me as a person i can care less what people prefer honestly we are all humans
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
It isn't my business what other people do with their own bodies, so yeah.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

If they want to do it, so be it.

I thinks it's icky though.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="eloyc"]

TecmoGirl

I wholeheartedly agree.

It's sad that we seem to be the only creatures on earth with a identity crisis--a dog never tries to be a cat, a lion never tries to be a bear, and ect, ect.

this is transgender not transspecies :|

moptopskate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moptopskate
Member since 2004 • 2362 Posts
i think it is disgusting and the people that do it are kind of messed up in the head. They can do what they want though as long as its not affecting me.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I don't really see a problem with it, especially since I think it would be terrible to feel like you were in someone else's body.

When it comes down to it though, it's their body. And I don't see people complaining about plastic surgery and liposuction.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
I don't think it's wrong.
Avatar image for Cloud_Insurance
Cloud_Insurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cloud_Insurance
Member since 2008 • 3279 Posts
gross
HoffmanSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HoffmanSony
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

being trans myself...i guess im open to it :P

(side note, is it me, or have there been more topics about this stuff recently? )

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
there choise IMO
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this but I feel just the same way about homosexuality, abortion, drug abuse, and alcoholism... which btw isn't of the highest opinion.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Funky_Llama

I'll probably get flamed for this but I feel just the same way about homosexuality, abortion, drug abuse, and alcoholism... which btw isn't of the highest opinion.mindstorm

And your justification of this opinion is...? (assuming you actually think it's immoral, that is, rather than just disgusting or something)

HoffmanSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HoffmanSony
[QUOTE="TecmoGirl"][QUOTE="eloyc"]

FUBAR24

I wholeheartedly agree.

exactly, many animal change gender. Clownfish for example, or those toads they used to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Thats how the Raptors started reproducing. Sex changes are perfectly normal in the natural world
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="TecmoGirl"][QUOTE="eloyc"]

HoffmanSony

I wholeheartedly agree.

exactly, many animal change gender. Clownfish for example, or those toads they used to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Thats how the Raptors started reproducing. Sex changes are perfectly normal in the natural world

I see the naturalistic fallacy...

HoffmanSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoffmanSony

Funky_Llama
the what?
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I'll probably get flamed for this but I feel just the same way about homosexuality, abortion, drug abuse, and alcoholism... which btw isn't of the highest opinion.Funky_Llama

And your justification of this opinion is...? (assuming you actually think it's immoral, that is, rather than just disgusting or something)

*begins preaching a hellfire and brimstone sermon against immorality*

I'm kidding but my justification is the moral standard held within the Bible. I'm not saying I'd condemn them as Jesus himself said in John 3:17 "I came into the world not to condemn the world but to save it." I'd love the people for who they are but seek to lead them into the path of righteousness.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

HoffmanSony

the what?

Where something is assumed to be OK just because it is natural. I mean, I don't have any problem with being transgender, but the fact that animals do it is irrelevant to that.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I'll probably get flamed for this but I feel just the same way about homosexuality, abortion, drug abuse, and alcoholism... which btw isn't of the highest opinion.mindstorm

*begins preaching a hellfire and brimstone sermon against immorality*

I'm kidding but my justification is the moral standard held within the Bible. I'm not saying I'd condemn them as Jesus himself said in John 3:17 "I came into the world not to condemn the world but to save it." I'd love the people for who they are but seek to lead them into the path of righteousness.

That's just begging the question. Again: why is it wrong?

HoffmanSony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HoffmanSony
[QUOTE="HoffmanSony"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

Funky_Llama

the what?

Where something is assumed to be OK just because it is natural. I mean, I don't have any problem with being transgender, but the fact that animals do it is irrelevant to that.

I was only making a point because someone had said that dogs don't want to be cats etc, so that was why they thought it was wrong

I didn't want to be a girl because animals do it, I wanted to because I feel more ...whole, for lack of a better term, as a female than I did as a male.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

exactly, many animal change gender. Clownfish for example, or those toads they used to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. Thats how the Raptors started reproducing. Sex changes are perfectly normal in the natural worldHoffmanSony

Unless clownfish pay other clownfish to apply a scalpel to their nether region, that comparison is entirely invalid.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
I think it is harmful to the person but they can do what they want.