This weeks HotSpot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DSJAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DSJAM
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts

I will start this post by saying, I'm sure this is exactly what the HotSpot crew wanted from their latest podcast, but I need to comment anyway. As a long time GameSpot member and HotSpot listener I was really put off by this weeks show. I listen to gaming podcasts to hear gaming discussion, not political discussion. The fact that I disagree with the obvious leanings of the crew, which to their credit, they acknowledged themselves, has little to do with it. I just want to know why everyone has decided that it is their public duty to speak out on this election and constantly feel the need to extoll everyone to vote. The crews point that you should suck it up and listen to their take on the election smacks of egotism. I don't need anyone to remind me to vote. I've voted in every election I've been legally able to since I turned 18. I don't need to be told to research the candidates pasts. I do that all on my own.

All I'm saying is that in a presidential election year, the last place I want to turn to for political analysis is a gaming podcast. More than a few gaming podcasts have dipped their toes into the political waters lately, usually with some stale Sarah Palin joke. Aside from the lack of actually being funny, that I can handle. However dedicating so much time to the election is somewhat unprecedented and in my opinion, unwelcome. In short, I listen to gaming podcasts for talk about gaming, and maybe some silly stories from the hosts life at work in the gaming press. That's it. I was wondering if I was all alone in this opinion.

Mr_Kowaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Mr_Kowaski
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
O rly?
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

Well, I guess i won't be listening this week. Seriously man, thanks for the heads up.

Since I won't be listening...tell me, was it just a series of "OBAMAOBAMAOBAMAOBAMA BOO BUSH REPUBLICANS OBAMAOBAMAOBAMA......maybe consider third party? " i mean, given GS' geographic location, I'd kinda expect that.

Mr_Kowaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Mr_Kowaski
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
no ones forcing you to watch it, they can say whatever they like on it.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
ihaven't listened to it for ages, not since the good old people left, i klisten to tofus's mostly though i may tuune into the bombcast now and then as it tends to be pretty good
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#6 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
Thats really what they talked about? That seems pretty silly.
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
Skip over the parts you don't want to hear. :roll:
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

O rly?Mr_Kowaski

Your just waiting for someone to post that Pic of "O rly" lol.

anyways the podcast wasn't that bad, I kinda liked it but that's just me.

DSJAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DSJAM
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts
It was just annoying to tune into a Gaming podcast and hear political talk. It was just too out of place for me. It's like turning on ESPN and seeing a cooking show. It didn't fit. A little discussion of Obama's in game campaign adds would've been fine, but it went too far beyond that and went on for way too long. Again, I'm not hating on their views, I'm used to hearing that my views and those of the medias don't usually coincide, but I just don't think it was the right venue for the discussion.