This thread is for anyone that says all rap is mindless crap

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGreatGoomba
Member since 2006 • 1100 Posts
Go to youtube.com and search for Madvillain-All Caps. It shows that not all rap is about hot women, money, or saying how cool the artist is. I hope I change your view on the rap genre if you think what the topic title says.
Serial-No_3404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Serial-No_3404
Member since 2007 • 2876 Posts
i just miss the 90s rap...those were good...i just dont like the ones now...doesnt appeal to me
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

You can just look at Tupac and say the same thing.

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
People are too close-minded to go check. Just look at some of the reponses that are going to come up, such as "u kant spel crap without rap lolololol"
Avatar image for guitargoddess17
guitargoddess17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 guitargoddess17
Member since 2007 • 1333 Posts
The answer to this thread.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

we know, we know.Most Mainstream rap is mindless crap

RBB192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RBB192
Member since 2005 • 847 Posts

Go to youtube.com and search for Madvillain-All Caps. It shows that not all rap is about hot women, money, or saying how cool the artist is. I hope I change your view on the rap genre if you think what the topic title says. TheGreatGoomba

I like DangerDoom the most... it goes like Dangerdoom > MF DOOM > Madvillian.... or wait. Madvillian is madlib and MF right? Madlib is cool, but I don't like the combo

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts

or saying how cool the artist is. TheGreatGoomba

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what All Caps is about, chief.

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
ALSO! watch these if you are a rap music fan! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7aBAewIKQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s20W2FAuHlg

you wont be disappointed.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rob2223

[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"]or saying how cool the artist is. wrlyy

no its not :|

"Spot hot tracks like spot a pair of fat asses
Shots of the scotch from out of square shot glasses
And he won't stop 'till he got the masses
An' show 'em what they know now through flows of hot molasses

Do it like a robot to headspin to boogaloo
Took a few minutes to convince the average bug-a-boo
It's ugly, like look at you! It's a damn shame
Just remember All Caps when you spell the man name"
Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Megadeth425
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
Uh, you do know people hate rap for reasons beyond mainstream lyrics, right? Watched it, and I think no differently of rap.
TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheGreatGoomba
  1. No I won't waste my time to llisten to rap
  2. I still hate Rap
  3. I hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo
o_sausage
I respect your opinion, but please, be more open minded than that.
BrokenDreams13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 BrokenDreams13
Member since 2004 • 1206 Posts

Not all rap is mindless crap, like this song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

That song points out a lot of problems in our culture today, and it's also quite funny. :)

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wrlyy
[QUOTE="wrlyy"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"]or saying how cool the artist is. Rob2223

uh huh, what is that about if not MF DOOM?
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHimura
  2. I still hate Rap
  3. I hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo

o_sausage

Here's another one. He probably has only heard a bunch of crap from people like T-Pain and 50 Cent, so he doesn't want to hear anything else (even if people say it's good), because he thinks it's just going to be a dude talking fast over a beat, and that he won't like it.

TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheGreatGoomba
Uh, you do know people hate rap for reasons beyond mainstream lyrics, right? Watched it, and I think no differently of rap.Megadeth425
I do know. Even though your opinion remains unchanged I thank you for watching. :)
Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Megadeth425
[QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo TheGreatGoomba

So you respect his opinion, but want him to be more open-minded about music he doesn't like? Seems a bit too contradictory.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
[QUOTE="o_sausage"]
  2. I still hate Rap

TheHimura

Here's another one. He probably has only heard a bunch of crap from people like T-Pain and 50 Cent, so he doesn't want to hear anything else (even if people say it's good), because he thinks it's just going to be a dude talking fast over a beat, and that he won't like it.

Actually no. I've heard alot of rap I just don't like it the music I like is referred to as classic rock. They are complete opposites
TheMutableOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheMutableOne
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Why is it that rap fans on hereare always trying to prove what the music is instead of just listening to it, and enjoying it, and not caring what anyone elseis thinkingabout it?

TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheGreatGoomba
[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo Megadeth425

So you respect his opinion, but want him to be more open-minded about music he doesn't like? Seems a bit too contradictory.

Yeah, I respect his opinion, but that doesn`t mean i like his opinion. So i asked if he could be more open minded about rap.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="wrlyy"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"]or saying how cool the artist is. wrlyy

uh huh, what is that about if not MF DOOM?

:| all rap somehow glorifies themselves. its not like hes sayin "yo im rich, look at my cadillac, i own"
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheHimura

Why is it that rap fans on hereare always trying to prove what the music is instead of just listening to it, and enjoying it, and not caring what anyone elseis thinkingabout it?

TheMutableOne

Ah, you're right. I'll quit. If it isn't what what they like, I shouldn't argue about it.

schoeffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 schoeffmaster
Member since 2005 • 10674 Posts

No...I dont want to...I prefer music...not beats...:|

TheMutableOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheMutableOne
[QUOTE="TheMutableOne"]

TheHimura

Ah, you're right. I'll quit. If it isn't what what they like, I shouldn't argue about it.

Arguing any music is senseless really. You can't force it on anyone. You just have to to put it out there and let them react to it how they will. People are either going to connect with it, or not..
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wrlyy

:| all rap somehow glorifies themselves. its not like hes sayin "yo im rich, look at my cadillac, i own"Rob2223

Nice backpedal.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts

[QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo TheGreatGoomba

Yeah, I respect his opinion, but that doesn`t mean i like his opinion. So i asked if he could be more open minded about rap.

I find my opinion to be very good. Also not all rap songs are someone talking fast to a beat I've heard people talk slow to a beat. But still whoop-de-f******-do. All I have to do is write a poem, add in a few cuss/slang words mix beat on my comp and talk to it and I'm a rapper.

BTW I'm going to sleep now. Yell at me over the internet all you want to. I'll read it tommorrow... maybe. I'm a very busy man. I've got to earn another 500,000 pesentas in RE4 so I can get the tommy gun

TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheGreatGoomba

TheMutableOne
Because when you hear "Oh rap is so stupid!" "I know you can`t spell rap without crap hahaha!" All the time, It tends to get on ones nerves, ya know what I`m saying? For the record this isn`t a whole rap>rock thing, I listen to many rock artists as well.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"]

:| all rap somehow glorifies themselves. its not like hes sayin "yo im rich, look at my cadillac, i own"wrlyy

Nice backpedal.

:| wow. ok whatever there's no convining. keep being narrow minded.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rob2223

[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo o_sausage

I find my opinion to be very good. Also not all rap songs are someone talking fast to a beat I've heard people talk slow to a beat. But still whoop-de-f******-do. All I have to do is write a poem, add in a few cuss/slang words mix beat on my comp and talk to it and I'm a rapper.

BTW I'm going to sleep now. Yell at me over the internet all you want to. I'll read it tommorrow... maybe. I'm a very busy man. I've got to earn another 500,000 pesentas in RE4 so I can get the tommy gun

k, go write me a rap song, add a beat, and post it on youtube.
Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Megadeth425
[QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo TheGreatGoomba

But he's stated he doesn't like it. I don't see why he should be more open-minded about music he doesn't like.
TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheGreatGoomba

[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo o_sausage

Ok. Like I said, I respect your opinion.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rob2223

No...I dont want to...I prefer music...not beats...:|

schoeffmaster

THIS JUST IN: alot of Rap uses guitars, bass guitars, pianos, flutes, drums

but you havent heard it, because you only have heard fiddy cent.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheHimura

Haha, the Tommy Gun is so cheap, but it's really fun to use. Once you get it, the rest of the game is so easy.

wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wrlyy
[QUOTE="wrlyy"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]

:| all rap somehow glorifies themselves. its not like hes sayin "yo im rich, look at my cadillac, i own"Rob2223

Nice backpedal.

Which is funny because I really like rap and Madvillain and never said otherwise. I was just picking apart the OP and saying that was a bad example.

Keep fighting the musical battle, soldier.
TheMutableOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheMutableOne
[QUOTE="TheMutableOne"]

TheGreatGoomba
Because when you hear "Oh rap is so stupid!" "I know you can`t spell rap without crap hahaha!" All the time, It tends to get on ones nerves, ya know what I`m saying? For the record this isn`t a whole rap>rock thing, I listen to many rock artists as well.

No I don't know what you're saying. I listen to some rap music here and there, and I'm in no way offended. I don't give a **** if people aren't into the samemusic I am.
monkey2go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 monkey2go
Member since 2004 • 3760 Posts
i just miss the 90s rap...those were good...i just dont like the ones now...doesnt appeal to meSerial-No_3404
yeah i miss old school rap
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Rob2223"][QUOTE="wrlyy"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]

:| all rap somehow glorifies themselves. its not like hes sayin "yo im rich, look at my cadillac, i own"wrlyy

Nice backpedal.

Which is funny because I really like rap and Madvillain and never said otherwise. I was just picking apart the OP and saying that was a bad example.

Keep fighting the musical battle, soldier.

:lol: ok....im kinda aggressive today, lotsa arguements. it wasnt the best example, gym class heroes are a better one.
maddnica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 maddnica23
Member since 2005 • 461 Posts

Rap is not mindless

it comes from the soul

true words spoken

so a story can be told

a way to freestlye

and express your feelings

not like rock where everything is screaming

you listen to the beat

and you make up rhymes

its just like poetry

and it aint no lie

BTW yea i know this rap sucks, sounds more like a poem, jsut imagine theres beats in there, and you have rap. Poems+Music=Rap

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Rob2223
[QUOTE="Serial-No_3404"]i just miss the 90s rap...those were good...i just dont like the ones now...doesnt appeal to memonkey2go

lots of relativley new artists have old school R@P, seriously listen to some "Del Tha Funkee Homosapien" and you'll know what im talkin about, if you like old school get some of his tunes

you just haveta find them
Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Megadeth425
Yes, rock is all screaming. All rock is just screaming.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rob2223
Yes, rock is all screaming. All rock is just screaming.Megadeth425

pretty sure he was joking....
TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheGreatGoomba
[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo Megadeth425

But he's stated he doesn't like it. I don't see why he should be more open-minded about music he doesn't like.

Tell me, what genre do you like? Have you heard a couple songs in this genre you don`t like? You could say that you do like this genre and most of the songs in it, but a few songs you`ve heard in the genre you dislike. Well perhaps rap is the opposite for you. You dislike most songs in the genre, but keep open minded and find that infact some rap songs are good. That`s what I`m trying to get across.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheHimura

[QUOTE="Serial-No_3404"]i just miss the 90s rap...those were good...i just dont like the ones now...doesnt appeal to memonkey2go

Ice Cube>Life.

Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Megadeth425
[QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo TheGreatGoomba

Tell me, what genre do you like? Have you heard a couple songs in this genre you don`t like? You could say that you do like this genre and most of the songs in it, but a few songs you`ve heard in the genre you dislike. Well perhaps rap is the opposite for you. You dislike most songs in the genre, but keep open minded and find that infact some rap songs are good. That`s what I`m trying to get across.

I like metal, classic rock, jazz, blues, and classical. Yes, I've heard many rap songs, being one of the few people in my area and school to not like rap. I've been exposed to mainstream, old-school, underground...the whole spectrum. And, after all this exposure, I can safely say there is no rap that I like. Could very well be the same for him.
TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheGreatGoomba
[QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="Megadeth425"][QUOTE="TheGreatGoomba"][QUOTE="o_sausage"]No I won't waste my time to llisten to rapI still hate RapI hate it for a variety of reasons not just becuase it's all about hos, money and drugs but also becuase it's a dude talking fast to a beat. Honestly whoop-de-f******-doo Megadeth425

I like metal, classic rock, jazz, blues, and classical. Yes, I've heard many rap songs, being one of the few people in my area and school to not like rap. I've been exposed to mainstream, old-school, underground...the whole spectrum. And, after all this exposure, I can safely say there is no rap that I like. Could very well be the same for him.

alright then. But I have a question, did you listen to the song?
Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Megadeth425
If you look at my post on the first page, I say that I heard the song.
TheGreatGoomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheGreatGoomba
If you look at my post on the first page, I say that I heard the song.Megadeth425
And clearly didn`t like it, huh? :) That`s ok. I`m not gonna force anything on you.
TheMutableOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheMutableOne

Rap is not mindless

it comes from the soul

true words spoken

so a story can be told

a way to freestlye

and express your feelings

not like rock where everything is screaming

you listen to the beat

and you make up rhymes

its just like poetry

and it aint no lie

BTW yea i know this rap sucks, sounds more like a poem, jsut imagine theres beats in there, and you have rap. Poems+Music=Rap

maddnica23
You are missing the point though. The reason I started getting away from rap, was because of how focused the artists are on the lyrics. Most of the time the artists will put a simple and quick beat, and then get to the lyrics.I listen to music for music. If I want to hear an almost total focus onlyrics I'll go to a spoken word joint or a Def Jam Poetry session... or listenthe occasional rap song. The actual music in rap gets very repetitive. The song is almost always on the 4, and never really goes beyond that.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rob2223

EDIT: :roll: glitchspot.