The universe coming from nothing and it's implications

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I think the most beautiful thing about the universe is that it came from nothing. That means, the whole universe could have went one way but it went this way. It feels empowering to know life is a real genuine experience because it came from nothing.

Theres a lot of implications of the universe coming from nothing. It makes a god possible, it makes struggle worth it. It means everything is possible. Nothingness is a thing too. Our reality is just nothing but a high concentration of nothingness.

Do you see the beauty of the universe coming from pure nothingness?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

Why would it come from nothing? And if nothing existed prior, how could it? What exactly is "nothing"?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slipknot0129

@uninspiredcup said:

Why would it come from nothing? And if nothing existed prior, how could it? What exactly is "nothing"?

Nothingness was the total experience of the universe at the very start. So at the very start of the universe there was literally nothing. Then with time, the nothingness gained experienced. This is a experience based universe.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup

@slipknot0129 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Nothingness was the total experience of the universe at the very start. So at the very start of the universe there was literally nothing. Then with time, the nothingness gained experienced. This is a experience based universe.

Yea but what is nothing?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slipknot0129

@uninspiredcup said:
@slipknot0129 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Yea but what is nothing?

Nothing is the lack of any being at all. It's why a high concentration of nothingness becomes consciousness.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Quantum vacuum fluctuations or something.

Apparently free will also doesn't exist. But no one is talking about that.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slipknot0129

@foxhound_fox said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Quantum vacuum fluctuations or something.

Apparently free will also doesn't exist. But no one is talking about that.

I think free will exists. The universe coming from nothing makes it possible.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

What if the universe has always existed, and nothing has never nor ever will be anything but a thought in our puny brain?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#10 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

How does it make God possible? If a God created the universe, who or what created that God? It's an infinite regress.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Nothing is not a thing. It's even in the word itself "no-thing"

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slipknot0129

@hillelslovak said:

How does it make God possible? If a God created the universe, who or what created that God? It's an infinite regress.

God didn't create the universe. God just arose out out of the totality of all experience. Nothingness got so concentrated, that a god had to be born out of it. Consciousness is pretty much just nothingness that is concentrated so much, that it is aware of itself. So there will always be just one god above all other god's.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slipknot0129

@toast_burner said:

Nothing is not a thing. It's even in the word itself "no-thing"

At the very beginning nothingness was just pure nothingness. Reality is nothing but nothingness that is concentrated. That's why we have consciousness.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I was anctipaciting you'd be discussing Lawrence krauss work "something from nothing" which does a good job from a physics point of view in explaining how something can come from nothing.

However you have just wrote you own drivel.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

What if the Universe was created in some lab from aliens?

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slipknot0129

@thehig1 said:

I was anctipaciting you'd be discussing Lawrence krauss work "something from nothing" which does a good job from a physics point of view in explaining how something can come from nothing.

I always come up with my ideas from just what I think. I'm not a person to get into scientific detail when it comes to stuff like this. I just get my ideas from experience. Still nothing more beautiful than the universe coming from pure nothingness. It makes stuff like love a legit spiritual experience.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slipknot0129

@Gaming-Planet said:

I doubt it. Humans seems to be made by the universe being calibrated to perfection by god.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:

I always come up with my ideas from just what I think. I'm not a person to get into scientific detail when it comes to stuff like this. I just get my ideas from experience. Still nothing more beautiful than the universe coming from pure nothingness. It makes stuff like love a legit spiritual experience.

You do realize that that's not a good thing, right? The things that we believe have an effect on the things that we do, and the things that we do can easily get people hurt.

I guarantee you that right now somewhere in the world, a parent is making his/her own child suffer an excruciating needless death based on the exact same logic. "Medical science? Pfft, I come up with my ideas from just what I think."

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 slipknot0129

@MrGeezer said:
@slipknot0129 said:

You do realize that that's not a good thing, right? The things that we believe have an effect on the things that we do, and the things that we do can easily get people hurt.

I guarantee you that right now somewhere in the world, a parent is making his/her own child suffer an excruciating needless death based on the exact same logic. "Medical science? Pfft, I come up with my ideas from just what I think."

I don't think it's a bad thing. I've never been one to look into detail when it comes to science. I leave that up to other people who are better at it. God didn't make me one to look into scientific stuff.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@slipknot0129 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

I doubt it. Humans seems to be made by the universe being calibrated to perfection by god.

We could all be living in our own matrix. The 3rd dimension, away from the 4th dimension.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slipknot0129

@Gaming-Planet said:
@slipknot0129 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

We could all be living in our own matrix. The 3rd dimension, away from the 4th dimension.

I believe I go between different dimensions all the time. Like an infinite dimension, calibrated to run at 3D space. For example, I could be living in the 99th dimension but calibrated to 3d. Then on another day I could be living in the 9999th dimension, calibrated for 3d. It's pretty cool to think I'm living in those high dimensions. I don't feel inferior to the higher beings when I think of life this way.

Think of it like living in a 3d world, set in a higher dimension, it's cool to think about.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@slipknot0129: What you think is irrelevant. Science has proven it does not exist.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/theres-no-such-thing-as-free-will/480750/

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#23 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:
@hillelslovak said:

God didn't create the universe. God just arose out out of the totality of all experience. Nothingness got so concentrated, that a god had to be born out of it. Consciousness is pretty much just nothingness that is concentrated so much, that it is aware of itself. So there will always be just one god above all other god's.

Ok, Deepak Chopra. "The essence of the oneness is God. And what is God, if not the unlimited potential of all that was, is, and could ever be?" See how easy it is to spit out pseudo spiritual nonsense?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

i wonder how that could be...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Define "nothing"

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:
@MrGeezer said:
@slipknot0129 said:

I don't think it's a bad thing. I've never been one to look into detail when it comes to science. I leave that up to other people who are better at it. God didn't make me one to look into scientific stuff.

That explains your nonsensical 'stoner-logic'. Making up stuff doesn't make it true, no matter how much you'd like it to be.
Claiming things without good reason or evidence is worth nothing.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Stand still

Take it all in

You are there

You were everywhere

Anything and everything

From that blackness comes the blue

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 slipknot0129

@Maroxad said:

Define "nothing"

I can't hardly describe it in words. I can think of it all I want though.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Ugh...this guy again with his pseudo intellectual, drum circle philosophizing.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I tend to like the idea that we're simulations in a ridiculously powerful quantum computer, not to mention that there are scientists who claim to be finding "code" similar to browser software written into the background of our reality. The plank length being the equivalent of a pixel.

Creation didn't come from nothing, it came from the simulation firing up.

Real or not, it's really fascinating!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@doozie78 said:

I tend to like the idea that we're simulations in a ridiculously powerful quantum computer, not to mention that there are scientists who claim to be finding "code" similar to browser software written into the background of our reality. The plank length being the equivalent of a pixel.

Creation didn't come from nothing, it came from the simulation firing up.

Real or not, it's really fascinating!

So like a really fancy version of the world from Tron?

Hmmm I like that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I thought the idea was that our universe comes from the energy of a higher dimension of so we really didn't come from nothing in a sense... still, find just thinking about these big questions to be a religious/spiritual experience in itself.

Z00M4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Z00M4
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

For something to come from nothing would imply that there had to be preconditions for that something to come into existence. If there are preconditions to be met for a something to arise from nothing, then the nothingness wasn't really nothingness to begin with due to there being preconditions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985f1128b98f
deactivated-5985f1128b98f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5985f1128b98f
Member since 2007 • 1914 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

Ugh...this guy again with his pseudo intellectual, drum circle philosophizing.

God Damn Hippies !!!!!!!!! I hate hippies !!!!!!!

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@slipknot0129 said:
@thehig1 said:

Beautiful