The Last Jedi = TFA 2.0 (spoilers for TLJ)

• 61 results
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@mitu123: As long as it's worse than RotS I'm fine with that, which is the only decent prequel movie. Hopefully one day they reboot ep 4 and 5 or at least ep 4 cause holy shit, that was horrible. I actually hated TfA but now I actually appreciate it more than TLJ.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Funny that I've come to this conclusion that even the OT of Star Wars movies aren't that great. But Disney has managed to make worse movies compare to them.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@kod: Literally every fucking thing I said was a plot hole

"In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."

Right, the FLOW OF LOGIC. Logic should tell you that Finn being with the resistance would allow him to get another resistance jacket, yes? That's pretty fucking logical. Not to mention that you're not even mentioning something within the movie itself, but between movies and of course to mention lastly how petty and FOS one has to be to consider you not knowing where a jacket came from, a plot hole. We're not even talking about a cut mistake here, which i think is what you really want to point to but cant. This is very sad and it shocks me that you put this movie on par with absolutely broken movies like the PT.

Heh... a jacket..... wow man... so in basketball diaries was it a plot hole when you didnt see the kid put his shoes on? OMG, one scene he is in his room with his socks on and in the next he has shoes on and is playing basketball! IM AN IDIOT SO I THINK THIS IS A PLOT HOLE! Not only do we need to see him put these shoes on, we need to know the history of the shoes.... how long has he had them... where did he buy them... how much did he pay.... this is the level of ignorance im seeing with most of your nonsensical criticisms.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

Ugh, Snoke had such potential to be an interesting villain. Never mind, the other inconsistencies--wasting Snoke killed my interest in these newer movies.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I enjoyed the movie but I am left a little disappointed and can even say that I liked TFA more (admittedly due to catering to nostalgia). My main issues with TLJ are:

SPOILERS

• Snoke was set up to be the new powerful antagonist in Palpatine's place and I was looking forward to learn more about him. But we didn't - he just died like that moments after he said that he can read everything going through Kylo's mind. Guess he was wrong...
  • I was also let down by Luke's part in the movie and feel like he was misused. He spent most of it being in denial and in the end just passed away without ever leaving his island.
  • Fin was just... there. His story arc wasn't that interesting (and could have been avoided if Admidal Holdo actually shared her plan with the rest of the Resistance). Plus I thought Phasma would play a more prominent role. But once again she was gone before long.
  • Leia's trip through space was ridiculous.
  • I'm unsure how I feel about Rey really being a nobody. Perhaps they wanted to pave the ground for the new generation away from the Skywalker saga, which is now pretty much centered around the main antagonist Ben Solo, the only character in the movie that I felt displayed an interesting development.

My hype for EP9 has decreased. Luke is gone, Leia will be gone as well one way or another (RIP Carrie Fisher) and the mysterious and powerful new villain Snoke died before making his existence meaningful (unless he's not really dead). As far as characters are concerned, the new good guys side comprised of Rey, Fin and Poe can't hold a candle to the OT's Luke, Leia and Han (not to mention Chewie and Lando) or even the PT's Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda and Anakin before he went full Vader.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

How can people watch a 2 and a half hour movie and be so stupid and slack jawed that they hate The movie for things they would have answers to if they simply paid attention.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Terrible movie. Almost as bad as Rogue One.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

For once I agree with AJ, this is coming from a guy who hates AJ and his reviews

Loading Video...

Luv Angry Joe, great points and review.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

I really hate to sound like an asshole, but when I watch fantasy, I want to escape reality, I want to see pretty people. Then they hire some big nose lady, and a chubby asian as a main character. Don't know if its just how I'm programmed or if its just culture. But its the same as watching superhero flicks. We expect superheroes to be strong, ripped, good looking, etc.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

saw it today, enjoyed it. not going to over-analyze ever bit it of it. i don't care that much. it was a movie and it kept me entertained.

only thing that kinda annoyed me was

the whole space chase. so does the ship need to burn fuel to maintain its current speed or to accelerate?

if it is to maintain its speed then they're not really in space are they? they should be able to accelerate up to top speed, cut the engines and coast.

if it is to accelerate, then that means BOTH ships were actually accelerating the whole time but what, the rebel ship just got a small head start? if the two ships actually accelerated the entire duration of the chase then they were doing it at exactly the same rate ( since no distance was increased, reduced between them )?!? that made no sense.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@lonewolf604 said:

I really hate to sound like an asshole, but when I watch fantasy, I want to escape reality, I want to see pretty people. Then they hire some big nose lady, and a chubby asian as a main character. Don't know if its just how I'm programmed or if its just culture. But its the same as watching superhero flicks. We expect superheroes to be strong, ripped, good looking, etc.

Big nosed lady? Do you mean Daisy Ridley?

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@lonewolf604 said:

Big nosed lady? Do you mean Daisy Ridley?

No, one of the other commanders aside from pink hair.