The difference between getting high and getting drunk.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

After experiencing both, I cannot believe marijuana is illegal. Being drunk, by far, impairs you much more. When high you can still function and do normal activities either normally or close to normal. Drinking is much worse though... you can lose you train of thought completely, your vision becomes much worse, and your decision making just becomes downright horrible.

I cannot believe that smoking MJ is illegal while drinking is legal. It just doesn't make sense. Drinking can cause so much more harm while smoking is more relaxing than anything.

Both can be enjoyable experiences but it just baffles me that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. They are two totally different experiences but alcohol is by far more impairing.

bgsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bgsmith
Member since 2004 • 1237 Posts

Agreed, marijuana is the safest drug known to man (not to say it's entirely harmless), has obvious medicial uses, and doesn't impair the user the way alcohol does; there's no logical reason to make it illegal.

By the way, say hi to the DEA for me. :P

deathwish124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deathwish124
Member since 2009 • 248 Posts
High people are also more fun to be around, IMO. Drunk people are mean.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

When you are high you can still somewhat function. From what I've seen that's the biggest difference.

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

MJ has a bad rap. It's illegal BECAUSE it's illegal. There has been so much propaganda (see Reefer Madness to truly understand) and lobbying to keep it illegal, which means bad people grow and sell it right along with heroin and coke, which makes it seem even worse.

I am pro-MJ even though I don't smoke it. The government could regulate and tax the growing and selling of it and make a TON of money from it, instead of throwing money away in a "drug war" that will NEVER end. Also, they can use hemp for paper and other VERY useful products which would cut way back on the amount of trees used.

Just understand, MJ CAN CAUSE CANCER. People who smoke it do so unfiltered and it DOES contain carcinogens. It also creates hormone problems in male habitual smokers (think man boobs), prostate problems and (obviously) memory loss problems.

It should never be sold to anyone under 21 and NEVER be ok to work, use heavy machinery or drive while high.

If it were legal I still wouldn't smoke it, but I wouldn't condemn anyone for doing so in a safe manner.

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

Different side effect

Weed just make u happy sleepy hungry .....

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
using a vaporizer can get rid of all that cancer talk too. i'd smoke pot if it were legal. that way i wouldn't have to go to some shady dealer and be paranoid about driving around holding.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

i must disagree, TC. i may get moderated for this, but, this was in my past, and i do not support, nor do the activities i am about to say, any longer. anyway, when i used to get high, i would become extremely paranoid. i would become completely quiet. i felt extremely awkward and insecure. severe paranoia as well. when i would get drunk, it was pretty much the opposite. i was outgoing, and vomiting. of course, i wouldn't recommend you drive while doing either activity.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 im_mr_brown

i must disagree, TC. i may get moderated for this, but, this was in my past, and i do not support, nor do the activities i am about to say, any longer. anyway, when i used to get high, i would become extremely paranoid. i would become completely quiet. i felt extremely awkward and insecure. severe paranoia as well. when i would get drunk, it was pretty much the opposite. i was outgoing, and vomiting. of course, i wouldn't recommend you drive while doing either activity.

LeGoofyGoober
i was the same way while high when i started smoking weed. the main thing is to be in a comfortable environment. and like you, i would be way more out going while drunk but was way more likely to break something or make an ass of myself. while high, i was just chilled out, happy and had inner monologues. i never got the munchies though
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

LeGoofyGoober
Paranoia from weed has to do with your mindset prior to smoking it...and is rare.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

i agree.. there's absolutley no reason that it shouldnt be legalized with similar restrictions as alchohol

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_mortal_coil

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

_en1gma_

Paranoia from weed has to do with your mindset prior to smoking it...and is rare.

I dunno. I had a friend who liked to smoke pot, always easy-going, would smoke around other potheads and yet, when too much was consumed, he would just WIG out sometimes. He would shake, feel paranoia and his heart rate would increase and he would start to hypervetilate. As long as he didn't smoke too much he would be fine.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LeGoofyGoober

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

im_mr_brown

i was the same way while high when i started smoking weed. the main thing is to be in a comfortable environment. and like you, i would be way more out going while drunk but was way more likely to break something or make an ass of myself. while high, i was just chilled out, happy and had inner monologues. i never got the munchies though

i had some legendary munch outs. entire boxes of cereal fell to my gluttonous rage. you're right tho, it all depends on the environment and the people. in fact, one of the best moments of my life was hopping a rail, sparking one up, and just watching the sun set. i don't really see why the govn't tries to hard to demonize it. it's true it does make you a little sluggish and kills your motivation a tad, but i'd rather do a little weed then man made drugs

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Optical_Order

LeGoofyGoober

Yeah paranoia is common but for me it's normally towrads seeing po po's. MJ is suppossed to make you relaxed and quiet. You should know that if you've done it. Alcohol does take the edge off of social conversations/meetings but the problem is if you drink too much it can be very harmful and impair you to the point where you aren't able to do anything.

Getting high is by far safer if you plan on doing normal activities. There should be absolutely no debate about that. The two experiences are completely differnet, but it's pretty much up to you how much you want to do and experience while doing either.

Both are fun, but alcohol is much scarier imo compared to marijuana.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LeGoofyGoober

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

my_mortal_coil

I dunno. I had a friend who liked to smoke pot, always easy-going, would smoke around other potheads and yet, when too much was consumed, he would just WIG out sometimes. He would shake, feel paranoia and his heart rate would increase and he would start to hypervetilate. As long as he didn't smoke too much he would be fine.

i felt most paranoid around large groups of people i didn't know. or when i was high and about to go home, and fear of being discovered in my current state. i would go into further detail of my past smoke outs, but it's against GS rules and oh Lord does it tempt me.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="my_mortal_coil"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"] Paranoia from weed has to do with your mindset prior to smoking it...and is rare.LeGoofyGoober

i felt most paranoid around large groups of people i didn't know. or when i was high and about to go home, and fear of being discovered in my current state. i would go into further detail of my past smoke outs, but it's against GS rules and oh Lord does it tempt me.

Exactly..

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LeGoofyGoober

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

Optical_Order

Yeah paranoia is common but for me it's normally towrads seeing po po's. MJ is suppossed to make you relaxed and quiet. You should know that if you've done it. Alcohol does take the edge off of social conversations/meetings but the problem is if you drink too much it can be very harmful and impair you to the point where you aren't able to do anything.

Getting high is by far safer if you plan on doing normal activities. There should be absolutely no debate about that. The two experiences are completely differnet, but it's pretty much up to you how much you want to do and experience while doing either.

i agree. though i wouldn't recommend smoking before doing in any type of sport or driving a car.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

my_mortal_coil

That's weird.. that would be panic attacks.. I don't know what to say.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Optical_Order

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

[QUOTE="LeGoofyGoober"]

LeGoofyGoober

i agree. though i wouldn't recommend smoking before doing in any type of sport or driving a car.

Very true. Although I would have to say after smoking it just requires an effort to concentrate at the task at hand. Driving is definitely possible, but it is much safer if you don't. However, if you drink too much you are pretty much just incapable.

Mr_Fujiv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 256

#20 Mr_Fujiv1
Member since 2008 • 4437 Posts
If you think about it this way, who is it for someone to tell you what you can or cant do. Thats what really bug me, its only a plant and its your choice if you want to smoke it. Drinking the amounts like these young girls and boys do these days is awful. They will never allow the drug into america or the UK its just never going to happen. Even though they could make soo much money on it. Well it doesn't really matter because there taking our money and sharing it between themselves and having a good old laugh anyway.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="Mr_Fujiv1"]If you think about it this way, who is it for someone to tell you what you can or cant do. Thats what really bug me, its only a plant and its your choice if you want to smoke it. Drinking the amounts like these young girls and boys do these days is awful. They will never allow the drug into america or the UK its just never going to happen. Even though they could make soo much money on it. Well it doesn't really matter because there taking our money and sharing it between themselves and having a good old laugh anyway.

There is a good chance of it happening..
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 im_mr_brown

[QUOTE="my_mortal_coil"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"] Paranoia from weed has to do with your mindset prior to smoking it...and is rare.LeGoofyGoober

i'd be like that too. smoking in a dorm room had me so paranoid and walking around campus high was hell lol, i hate being around large groups of people without being high. going to walmart is a pain in the ass! when i used to smoke i was most comfortable at my buddy's apartment with our friends and we'd just listen to music and play video games. like you said its all about the people and environment.
Fandangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Fandangle
Member since 2003 • 3433 Posts

The difference is one is legal and is taxed and the other is illegal.

From experience alcohol causes more problems than weed.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

i havent had a drink in a year and probably wont do it again. i would rather smoke and do so

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 my_mortal_coil

If you think about it this way, who is it for someone to tell you what you can or cant do... Mr_Fujiv1

Yeah right? What if I want to push my GF around or step on baby heads or murder random people. Stupid people with their stupid morals and laws.

I got what you MEANT but you worded it poorly. There cetainly are Liberty limiting principles in places for things like wearing seatbelts or helmets, prostitution and consuming certain drugs recreationally, but if it weren't for people (aka, government, law enforcment and friends/family) telling us all what we can and cannot do, the world would be a scary place.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
they both will buzza ya except weed wont get u a hangover