The Bermuda Triangle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pika-Chama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pika-Chama
Member since 2010 • 492 Posts

Okay, so today in Earth Science we somehow ended up talking about the Bermuda Triangle and our own theories as to why many planes and boats simply vanish when attempting to go through that one area.

To me, the most interesting theory of them all, is the time warp. It is possible, as many quantum physicists believe, is that because the magnetic field is significantly stronger there than anywhere else that the fabric of time is thin enough to slip through. This theory could be considered crazy to many, but interesting nonetheless.

Another idea, is known as the Methane gas theory. In this theory, the methane gas beds underwater (which can be uncovered by underwater mudslides) could lessen the density of the water, which could cause ships to sink down to the bottom of the ocean. The methane gas would rise up into the air above the water and could cause the engines in planes to egnite and destroy the plane.

These are the only theories I know about, but I do find the case of the Bermuda Triangle very interesting.

Anyways, I would like to know if any of you have your own ideas as to what really happens int he Bermuda Triangle, or if you don't believe in what goes on at all.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Statistical fact: there are no more disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle than anywhere else on Earth. It's a very well-traveled space, in fact.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

Statistical fact: there are no more disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle than anywhere else on Earth. It's a very well-traveled space, in fact.

GabuEx
Where did it come from then (honest question)
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I'm sorry. I'm just so hungry! :cry:
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

GabuEx
Where did you get that info? The triangle has roughly 200 disappearances attributed to it....
Pika-Chama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pika-Chama
Member since 2010 • 492 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]I'm sorry. I'm just so hungry! :cry:

Did they taste good?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Soem things are explainable some are not.

For example: Flight 19, the training flight of US Avengers that vanished in 1945 has been more or less explained as well as the disappearance of the search place that went to look for them.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Nice place. Stopped at the Bahamas once on the Disney Cruise.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Where did it come from then (honest question)rawsavon

Probably the most well-known story involves a guy in a plane whose dials supposedly started going crazy and then the plane disappeared. In actuality, this was because the guy who was flying the plane was a moron. He believed the dials were going crazy because he had no idea where he was, and he thought the Florida keys were to the northeast, when in fact they were to the west. Everyone talking to him stressed that, no, they were correct, and that he needs to go west, but then he told them to go pound sand because he was clearly the smartest person around and he knew where he was going and that the dials were all crazy. Predictably, since he had no idea where the **** he was going, the plane disappeared, and then someone caught wind of the "dials going crazy" story, and off it went.

The mystique surrounding the Bermuda Triangle is an utterly manufactured story with no basis in reality.

Where did you get that info? The triangle has roughly 200 disappearances attributed to it....LJS9502_basic

It's all documented in the 1975 book The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved. The whole Bermuda Triangle thing is one part sloppy reporting and one part inevitably finding what one is looking for if you look hard enough. The US Coast Guard has affirmed that the number of ships and aircraft that supposedly disappear (most of which disappearances either have been entirely explained or have no evidence that they even happened at all) is completely insignificant compared to the number of ships and aircraft that actually pass through that region. The 1976 program The Bermuda Triangle arrives at the same conclusion.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

One of the most uncommon theroies:

Spirits.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
It's the aliens. That's what I believe
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I'm going there when I turn 50.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I would most likely will go there if I was on my death bed(if someone would take me lol)...I always wondered.
juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
I think that area has weak wind, which is bad for ships with sails (I'm talking 1400 - 1900) because if there is no wind to blow the sail, the ship cannot move. I don't know anything about the planes that disappeared.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

I think that area has weak wind, which is bad for ships with sails (I'm talking 1400 - 1900) because if there is no wind to blow the sail, the ship cannot move. I don't know anything about the planes that disappeared.juden41

If a ship cannot move then it shouldn't be too hard to find then really...

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

LJS9502_basic

Where did you get that info? The triangle has roughly 200 disappearances attributed to it....

200 is very little for one of the buisiest shipping lanes in the world.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Well it was supposed to be a secret, but a few buddies and I sit out in a little row boat out there with Javelin missile launchers and shoot planes out of the sky. For the boats we just take the boat, or ship at gun point. Steal the booty and scuttle the ship. Buying black market Javelin missles is an expensive habit. As for the planes, just target pratice. We need to be prepared for ICBMs and Bombers for when the Russians finally decide to attack.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts

GabuEx
You've crushed everything i believe in :shock: Well.. not everything, but that is a big shock, it can't be true!
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Where did it come from then (honest question)GabuEx

Probably the most well-known story involves a guy in a plane whose dials supposedly started going crazy and then the plane disappeared. In actuality, this was because the guy who was flying the plane was a moron. He believed the dials were going crazy because he had no idea where he was, and he thought the Florida keys were to the northeast, when in fact they were to the west. Everyone talking to him stressed that, no, they were correct, and that he needs to go west, but then he told them to go pound sand because he was clearly the smartest person around and he knew where he was going and that the dials were all crazy. Predictably, since he had no idea where the **** he was going, the plane disappeared, and then someone caught wind of the "dials going crazy" story, and off it went.

The mystique surrounding the Bermuda Triangle is an utterly manufactured story with no basis in reality.

Where did you get that info? The triangle has roughly 200 disappearances attributed to it....LJS9502_basic

It's all documented in the 1975 book The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved. The whole Bermuda Triangle thing is one part sloppy reporting and one part inevitably finding what one is looking for if you look hard enough. The US Coast Guard has affirmed that the number of ships and aircraft that supposedly disappear (most of which disappearances either have been entirely explained or have no evidence that they even happened at all) is completely insignificant compared to the number of ships and aircraft that actually pass through that region. The 1976 program The Bermuda Triangle arrives at the same conclusion.

that was like 40 years ago

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Maybe its an alien base, and whenever they have "intruders" they capture them and interrogate them. and maybe thats why some of the UFO's on youtube are shaped like triangles. And MAYBE aliens found the island on there high tech radars and thought that the island could be there safe haven. And then they signal the other UFO's traveling the skies all around the world to come there, and thats why we see so many sightings, and MAYBE they send spies to investigate other areas around the world. Anyways that would be awesome.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Maybe its an alien base, and whenever they have "intruders" they capture them and interrogate them. and maybe thats why some of the UFO's on youtube are shaped like triangles. And MAYBE aliens found the island on there high tech radars and thought that the island could be there safe haven. And then they signal the other UFO's traveling the skies all around the world to come there, and thats why we see so many sightings, and MAYBE they send spies to investigate other areas around the world. Anyways that would be awesome.

fred1712

Yeah I doubt it.

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

GabuEx

Statistically, Lake Superior (in the US) is more treacherous for ships and planes to pass over/through. Fun fact of the day!