Teacher Makes Student Eat From Garbage Can

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Cool.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
No, it's not 'cool'...it's pretty sick.
Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
A Garbage Teacher...
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

I hope she picked it up within five seconds.

Either way, who would throw out chicken nuggets? Honestly? Nugget days were the best other than Pizza days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
This would be funny if it were middle school or high school. The fact that it's kindergarten makes it unfunny :(
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Good job at a very good potential firing.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
She sure taught him a lesson. :roll:
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts

i smell law suite

Avatar image for JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 JonnyEarthquake
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

No, it's not 'cool'...it's pretty sick.spazzx625

You know, tossing out your chicken nuggets and a banana should have been made a federal crime.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Those damn kindergarten teachers..
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
Wow :| I remember a friend in first grade that always ate like 10% of her food and then threw the rest away. I remember that the cafeteria lady gave her a scolding for it once... but forcing the kid to eat the food from the trash can, that would be pretty insane.
swiftkillz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swiftkillz0
Member since 2009 • 836 Posts
that is messed.
BohemianAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BohemianAndy
Member since 2007 • 1413 Posts
Look at the garbage they are teaching kids these days in school... :P
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
Make her lose her **** job. We'll see how she likes eating from garbage cans.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Look at the garbage they are teaching kids these days in school... :PBohemianAndy
buh-dum ching!
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Look at the garbage they are teaching kids these days in school... :PBohemianAndy
no pun intended right :P
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
five second rule, else that's icky :C
BobbyTurkalino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: -4

#18 BobbyTurkalino
Member since 2003 • 31460 Posts
She's 67. So she's probably pretty senile.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
What was she thinking
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

This reminds me of grade 4 when our teacher was teaching us about peer pressure. She told this one kid to go get a sandwich from the garbage can and eat it. He actually did it but our teacher didn't expect that he would. She got fired for it xD.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Wow :| I remember a friend in first grade that always ate like 10% of her food and then threw the rest away. I remember that the cafeteria lady gave her a scolding for it once... but forcing the kid to eat the food from the trash can, that would be pretty insane.Hungry_bunny

Personally I think scolding or punishing kids for not eating all their food is a really stupid, harmful thing to do. The big cause of obesity (pun half intended) is eating too much, not eating unhealthy food. While eating fatty foods does contribute to being overweight it's still more than possible to keep a healthy weight while eating cheeseburgers and pizza. The trick is to not consume more calories than you expend (which is a lot easier to do when you eat healthy and exercise obviously). Pretty much the main reason why the US has such an alarming obesity epidemic is because Americans eat massive portions of food and I'd be willing to bet that being taught as a kid that you have to eat everything on your plate is a very significant contributor to that problem.

Also, that teacher is an idiot. If her plan with that punishment was to make the kid eat all his food from then on then that plan is going to backfire because now that boy is going to associate chicken nuggets and bananas with garbage and humiliation (and that association could very well generalize to food in general as well).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Crazy just crazy.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

I never understood why teachers were so keen on forcing students to eat all their food. Especially when sometimes it tasted like filth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

I never understood why teachers were so keen on forcing students to eat all their food. Especially when sometimes it tasted like filth.

Nifty_Shark
I have *never* *ever* *ever* had someone tell me what to do with my food in school. I likely would've dumped the crap onto the floor if push came to shove. I was pretty anti-authority.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

[QUOTE="Nifty_Shark"]

Jandurin

I have *never* *ever* *ever* had someone tell me what to do with my food in school. I likely would've dumped the crap onto the floor if push came to shove. I was pretty anti-authority.

It's something I experienced in my few years of living in Europe. Sometimes happened in the US too though.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

I was about to lol until I saw Kindergarten.

mosdef_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mosdef_basic
Member since 2002 • 7619 Posts

Wow...

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
its not that bad. as usual, it mislead us to thinking he physically had to eat out of the trashcan. After she witnessed him throwing it out, she probably instantly got the food and made him eat it. Its not that bad, my lord.
Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Well, the teacher had a point. It really is sad how much food people waste now a days : /
cgi15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cgi15
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

its not that bad. as usual, it mislead us to thinking he physically had to eat out of the trashcan. After she witnessed him throwing it out, she probably instantly got the food and made him eat it. Its not that bad, my lord.MetallicaKings

Agreed. Plus, no one is considering that maybe the food wasn't even contaminated by the garbage. If he never unpeeled the banana, then the inside still would have been clean. Also, the chicken nuggets could have been in a box. I agree she shouldn't have humiliated himand she should be punished, but the actual eating of the food may not have been as bad as the story makes it out to be.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

This brings a whole new meaning to the term "junk food."

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

What a messed old lady that teacher was.

Papitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Papitar
Member since 2008 • 2377 Posts

I think the news are just blown up. I don't see what's so bad improving a kids immune system. /lol

Also, The banana wasn't peeled off, and the nuggets might've been in a box. Why would someone peel up a banada and throw it away. And he didin't eat FROM the garbage can, the topic is misleading

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

Yikes.

Kindergarten too? That's so terrible :(

Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
Om nom nom. Delicious!
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hungry_bunny

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Wow :| I remember a friend in first grade that always ate like 10% of her food and then threw the rest away. I remember that the cafeteria lady gave her a scolding for it once... but forcing the kid to eat the food from the trash can, that would be pretty insane.gameguy6700

Personally I think scolding or punishing kids for not eating all their food is a really stupid, harmful thing to do. The big cause of obesity (pun half intended) is eating too much, not eating unhealthy food. While eating fatty foods does contribute to being overweight it's still more than possible to keep a healthy weight while eating cheeseburgers and pizza. The trick is to not consume more calories than you expend (which is a lot easier to do when you eat healthy and exercise obviously). Pretty much the main reason why the US has such an alarming obesity epidemic is because Americans eat massive portions of food and I'd be willing to bet that being taught as a kid that you have to eat everything on your plate is a very significant contributor to that problem.

Also, that teacher is an idiot. If her plan with that punishment was to make the kid eat all his food from then on then that plan is going to backfire because now that boy is going to associate chicken nuggets and bananas with garbage and humiliation (and that association could very well generalize to food in general as well).

In my school, lunch was free. And kids shouldn't really take more food than they think they can eat.

In the case of this news article, I fully agree. I don't see a benefit in such a lesson, if he can't eat it the food that was brought from home then he can't eat it. And he might survive physically from this "punishment", but mentally... it's too cruel.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#38 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
This is why I don't trust old ladies
Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts

[QUOTE="gameguy6700"]

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Wow :| I remember a friend in first grade that always ate like 10% of her food and then threw the rest away. I remember that the cafeteria lady gave her a scolding for it once... but forcing the kid to eat the food from the trash can, that would be pretty insane.Hungry_bunny

In my school, lunch was free. And kids shouldn't really take more food than they think they can eat.

In the case of this news article, I fully agree. I don't see a benefit in such a lesson, if he can't eat it the food that was brought from home then he can't eat it. And he might survive physically from this "punishment", but mentally... it's too cruel.

Wow really? We always had to pay. I remember even in elementary school when we had "hot lunch" once a week, we still had to pay for that. Or, our parents, rather.

New2theGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 New2theGame
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

WTF?! The kid is 5! FIVE!! And she is the teacher (or WAS the teacher) not his mom. If he threw his food away, then he was the one who was gonna go hungry. Why did she care so much? it's not like bought the dang food for him! If it was a normal thing, then maybe she should have just said something to his parents, if it was turning into a big problem or something. But there's no lesson there for a 5 yr old. Seriously. That's just sick and demented.

zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts

If I ever had a kid and they told me this, I'd go ballistic! What the **** does it matter to her if they don't eat their food?! Make that ***** eat out of a trashcan from now on. For all she knew it could have tasted bad and thats why he threw it out.

Ultnu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ultnu
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If the kid doesn't want to eat don't make him. Plus, it's his loss... I love those nuggets....
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Now the teacher has to eat from a toilet... my toilet. :x

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hungry_bunny

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]In my school, lunch was free. And kids shouldn't really take more food than they think they can eat.

queen_valentine

Wow really? We always had to pay. I remember even in elementary school when we had "hot lunch" once a week, we still had to pay for that. Or, our parents, rather.

In Sweden it's on the tax payers until we reach High School. And in high school it only costs us about 80-100 dollars a year to pay for lunch. The drawback is that we only get to pick out of 1-3 different new dishes every day.

Fortunately there's a big calendar in the cafeteria showing what dishes they will make every day of that month... my friends and I often went down to McDonald's or some pizza place on the days they served soup >.>

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

lol wow...

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]This would be funny if it were middle school or high school. The fact that it's kindergarten makes it unfunny :(

True. I'd be so pissed off if that was my kid's teacher.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#47 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Teaching them to correct their wrong doings by being more wrong.