Student Rejected for Diversity Post, Because He is too white, too straight

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

Link

Northwestern University student was rejected for a diversity and inclusion post in student government because he is a white, heterosexual male, resulting in a sharp rebuke from the universitys student newspaper.
Northwestern Universitys Associated Student Government rejected the nomination of Stephen Piotrkowski for associate vice president of diversity and inclusion last week. The student-run committee oversees diversity initiatives that stem from the undergraduate student body.
Piotrkowskis nomination sparked a heated discussion during an ASG meeting described by a student reporter as contentious.
This university is not ready, in any capacity, for a heterosexual white male to be in charge in any way of diversity and inclusion, said Ian Coley, a member of the diversity committee. I dont know if any university is.
ASG president Ani Ajith refused to answer questions about the matter. When asked by Fox News if he agreed with Coleys remarks, Ajith hung up his phone.
Piotrkowski was rejected on the basis that he is a white, heterosexual male, the Daily Northwestern editorial board charged in a staff editorial.

This is the epitome of what the "diversity" crowd is. A perfect example of just how "diverse" they really are. Postmodernist identity politics at its finest.

Avatar image for PrototypeTheKid
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PrototypeTheKid
Member since 2012 • 441 Posts

Link

Northwestern University student was rejected for a diversity and inclusion post in student government because he is a white, heterosexual male, resulting in a sharp rebuke from the universitys student newspaper.
Northwestern Universitys Associated Student Government rejected the nomination of Stephen Piotrkowski for associate vice president of diversity and inclusion last week. The student-run committee oversees diversity initiatives that stem from the undergraduate student body.
Piotrkowskis nomination sparked a heated discussion during an ASG meeting described by a student reporter as contentious.
This university is not ready, in any capacity, for a heterosexual white male to be in charge in any way of diversity and inclusion, said Ian Coley, a member of the diversity committee. I dont know if any university is.
ASG president Ani Ajith refused to answer questions about the matter. When asked by Fox News if he agreed with Coleys remarks, Ajith hung up his phone.
Piotrkowski was rejected on the basis that he is a white, heterosexual male, the Daily Northwestern editorial board charged in a staff editorial.
DevilMightCry

This is the epitome of what the "diversity" crowd is. A perfect example of just how "diverse" they really are. Postmodernist identity politics at its finest.

The Obama generation on the war path.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This doesn't surprise me. I saw stuff like this happen at my own small university when I was at college. 

College is where social diversity is so extreme it's pretty much a fetish for a lot of the people. Being white, male, and straight puts you at a disadvantage for a lot of the more social positions on campus.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I'm surprised they can do that. The man has it bad enough being a straight white male. Give him a break. :P
EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts
I love modern society so very much.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
straight white males are the most oppressed group in world history [spoiler] but seriously, that is a stupid decision by the group, white people can be just as concerned about diversity as others [/spoiler]
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy.
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PrototypeTheKid
Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. SaintLeonidas
If it was a black, it would be on CNN. God forbid it be a gay or a woman...the liberals would call to shut down college probably.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. PrototypeTheKid
If it was a black, it would be on CNN. God forbid it be a gay or a woman...the liberals would call to shut down college probably.

butthurt/10
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PrototypeTheKid
[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. DroidPhysX

butthurt/10

It's a known fact that the liberal media in this country coddles minorities, women and homosexuals and yet tarnish anything that resembles white, heterosexuality. Look at the Boston Bombings as a clear an example, they kept bringing up how it could be a white supremacist or far-right group instead of who they all knew was more than likely behind it and it turned out to be true. The Tray'von Martin case is another example, they show all these nice images of the kid smiling and waving, but were'nt willing to accept the fact that he was in fact a hoodlum.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. SaintLeonidas
Crystal ball or just your opinion?
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"] If it was a black, it would be on CNN. God forbid it be a gay or a woman...the liberals would call to shut down college probably.

butthurt/10

It's a known fact that the liberal media in this country coddles minorities, women and homosexuals and yet tarnish anything that resembles white, heterosexuality. Look at the Boston Bombings as a clear an example, they kept bringing up how it could be a white supremacist or far-right group instead of who they all knew was more than likely behind it and it turned out to be true. The Tray'von Martin case is another example, they show all these nice images of the kid smiling and waving, but were'nt willing to accept the fact that he was in fact a hoodlum.

Oh plz white America thinks every damn black man that doesn't live up to white standards is a damn hoodlum.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] butthurt/10

Oh plz white America thinks every damn black man that doesn't live up to white standards is a damn hoodlum.

No
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] butthurt/10Bucked20

Did I **** say that you idiot?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. thegerg
What makes you think that?

...history. Liberals b*tch about liberal issues. Conservatives b*tch about conservative issues. It is like extreme feminists who complain about women being oppressed but wouldn't say a damn thing if it was a man facing the same oppression.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bucked20

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"] It's a known fact that the liberal media in this country coddles minorities, women and homosexuals and yet tarnish anything that resembles white, heterosexuality. Look at the Boston Bombings as a clear an example, they kept bringing up how it could be a white supremacist or far-right group instead of who they all knew was more than likely behind it and it turned out to be true. The Tray'von Martin case is another example, they show all these nice images of the kid smiling and waving, but were'nt willing to accept the fact that he was in fact a hoodlum.PrototypeTheKid

You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that Bucked20

The biggest racist in OT is back.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Oh plz white America thinks every damn black man that doesn't live up to white standards is a damn hoodlum. Bucked20

You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that

You don't know that.....just your racism talking.
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Oh plz white America thinks every damn black man that doesn't live up to white standards is a damn hoodlum. Bucked20

Here's the fact about Tray'von He sold weed He'd been suspended for assaulting a bus driver/student? Yep, sounds like a model citizen, and no if he was white kid that was a neo-nazi/juggalo or whatever form of scum baggery then you'd bet your ass I'd bring it up. You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bucked20

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"] Oh plz white America thinks every damn black man that doesn't live up to white standards is a damn hoodlum. PrototypeTheKid

Here's the fact about Tray'von He sold weed He'd been suspended for assaulting a bus driver/student? Yep, sounds like a model citizen, and no if he was white kid that was a neo-nazi/juggalo or whatever form of scum baggery then you'd bet your ass I'd bring it up. You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that

Sorry,getting into fights as a teen doesn't make you a hoodlum,you're trying to save face like all closet racist white people do.
PrototypeTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PrototypeTheKid

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="PrototypeTheKid"]

Yes it does. If you can't be adult enough to walk away from an altercation, you're a hoodlum. Sorry,getting into fights as a teen doesn't make you a hoodlum,you're trying to save face like all closet racist white people do.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
And yet if this wasn't a member of the majority, it'd be called racism and discrimination - which it essentially is. Can't stand quotas, political correctness and the buzzword that diversity is nowadays - nobody has the right to be handed out positions just because of who they are. Merit must come first again.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#25 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
these diversity programs/groups need be shut down....
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
This.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I don't see a problem with this TC.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. Capitan_Kid
This.

I highly doubt everyone would think that stupidly (even consersatives, though a large amount very well could, sadly), and I don't see how people potentially thinking such a stupid thing makes this event irrelevant.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

No problem with this, as a straight, white male, this person will have plenty of other opportunities for success. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that airshocker

Sorry he isn't, just doesn't trust the white man and I don't blame him. Four hundred years of bondage will tend to do that to an ethnic group. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]You said Trayvon was a hoodlum when he clearly wasn't,im sure if he was a white boy you wouldn't be saying that Yusuke420

Sorry he isn't, just doesn't trust the white man and I don't blame him. Four hundred years of bondage will tend to do that to an ethnic group. 

A challenger comes in.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yusuke420

Yes, he is. And you're almost as stupid as he is.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

Let's just agree to disagree because our values are NOTHING a like...

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

LJS9502_basic

Bucked is my guy, I have his back without question on this predominately white male forum. 

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bucked20

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

Translation:Stay in line boy,black man can't even have an opinion without being called stupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yusuke420

Thank goodness for that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Sorry he isn't, just doesn't trust the white man and I don't blame him. Four hundred years of bondage will tend to do that to an ethnic group. 

Yusuke420

Bucked is my guy, I have his back without question on this predominately white male forum. 

Racism isn't cool dude. I don't judge you on race....you should accord the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Translation:Stay in line boy,black man can't even have an opinion without being called stupid Bucked20

Well, if your opinion is stupid I'm going to say so. Doesn't matter what race you are.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

Thank goodness for that.

The beauty of this country is that we can have disagreement without bloodshed. 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] A challenger comes in.....LJS9502_basic

Racism isn't cool dude. I don't judge you on race....you should accord the same.

How is bucked racist for questioning the movtivations of white people? IF anything he's just being careful to prevent himself from ending up in a bad situation. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Yusuke420

That's pretty shallow. I don't agree with LJS just because he's...LJ, are you white? I don't even know, nor do I care.

The only users on these forums who seem to care about race are bucked, yourself, and mgamer.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

That's pretty shallow. I don't agree with LJS just because he's...LJ, are you white? I don't even know, nor do I care.

The only users on these forums who seem to care about race are bucked, yourself, and mgamer.

I don't always talk racist issues, but I'll almost always take the side of the minority because they are they ones that are likely to be oppressed. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I don't always talk racist issues, but I'll almost always take the side of the minority because they are they ones that are likely to be oppressed. 

Yusuke420

Why? That makes utterly no sense. HE doesn't make any sense, yet I'm the one you're against? All right, bro. DEFINITELY doesn't sound like a race issue...

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#44 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Cry me a f*cking river. These same people crying over how wrong this straight white guy's exclusion is would be tight lipped and carefree if it was some gay black guy. PrototypeTheKid

Just like when some people were upset because Chick-Fil-A donated some chicken sandwiches to a pro-traditional marriage group. At one college, I remember reading online, liberal students tried to have the university get kick the Chick-Fil-A restaurant out of the school's eatery or cafeteria or whatever. Quite authoritarian if you ask me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] Bucked is my guy, I have his back without question on this predominately white male forum. 

Yusuke420

How is bucked racist for questioning the movtivations of white people? IF anything he's just being careful to prevent himself from ending up in a bad situation. 

Bucked makes racist comments frequently. And an enlightened fair individual should NOT agree with that......
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

airshocker

Why? That makes utterly no sense. HE doesn't make any sense, yet I'm the one you're against? All right, bro. DEFINITELY doesn't sound like a race issue...

How is he not making sense? Do you really think there would be a fuss if a young minority was denied this position?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] A challenger comes in.....LJS9502_basic

Thats not racism
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Some jobs can only be done by certain people. That would be like a Muslim extremist going for the job of leader of the rainbow coalition. He does not get it and claims that he was treated unfairly derp :cry:

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

White heterosexual males are the only group that is socially acceptable to discriminate against nowadays. You know, because everything wrong with this world is our fault. :roll: Like someone else said, these stupid racist diversity programs need to be shut down. They only promote segregation and resentment. Get rid of these history months based on race too. If you want to dumb down racism, perhaps eliminating race-based anything is a good start.

And these dumbass universities need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that whites, heterosexuals, and males contribute just as much to a diverse population as any other group. Excluding anyone based on their race, sexuality, or gender is discrimination. Many universities like to preach anti-discrimination (which is great and all), but they are automatically hypocrites once they exclude any group from any position or achievement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

OP looks like a serial killer.