So what u think of FOX news?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

EDITED:

Personally, I really don't like it (hate is a strong word)... a news company should not have an agenda...

but then again, I am not a fan of any of the news networks... I think they're all a lil bit crooked and just out for themselves of course... but Fox seems to be the most obvious.

Altho I do like to watch the Oreilly factor from time to time.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
I love it for the lulz.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Probably the most reliable source of news ever.

cousin_eddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 cousin_eddy
Member since 2004 • 74681 Posts
Other then OI'reilley I cant really stand them.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
They're completely and utterly ridiculous, seriously I fail to see why ANYONE would want to use it as their source of news.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

From what ive seen its not really news cos they dont have a fair unbiased and two sided arguments, which isnt how your supposed to be news its just properganda

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

They're obviously incredibly biased, but then most news sources are. Do people really think the news they get is objective?

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts
all news sources are completely biased, and as of lately all of the major ones have just gotten ridiculously bad in the sense of not actually reporting.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Every news source has an agenda. My own agenda is more closely related to Fox News than many other news networks. However, I like to see what other people think about an issue as well. As a result, I watch any news network.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
I love it for the lulz.-Sun_Tzu-
Beat me to it.
FishSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FishSquared
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts
Garbage. Sure every news source has an Agenda, but to claim they don't - is just an insult to my intelligence.
starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

that sums it up pretty much about ANY news channel/network

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I'm conservative, so obviously I prefer a conservative news station to one that is more liberal. I think it's good that there is at least one news show that is on our side.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I don't see how you can hate it. People complain.. OHHH FAUX news is biased. Well I'm here to inform you, that you are wrong.. The pundits are biased. The news itself is not biased. However there are individuals that give there view on things that is happening, because frankly that is there job. There are people on MSNBC that do the exact same thing, but no one ever complains about them. In fact there are very few stations that don't have a bias one direction or the other. If you are looking for news like that, then GT*O of America.
FishSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FishSquared
I don't see how you can hate it. People complain.. OHHH FAUX news is biased. Well I'm here to inform you, that you are wrong.. The pundits are biased. The news itself is not biased. However there are individuals that give there view on things that is happening, because frankly that is there job. There are people on MSNBC that do the exact same thing, but no one ever complains about them. In fact there are very few stations that don't have a bias one direction or the other. If you are looking for news like that, then GT*O of America. ferrari2001
Like I already said, that's fine and all - that they do that - but to claim they aren't bias? "Fair and Balanced" ? It's just an insult.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I don't see how you can hate it. People complain.. OHHH FAUX news is biased. Well I'm here to inform you, that you are wrong.. The pundits are biased. The news itself is not biased. However there are individuals that give there view on things that is happening, because frankly that is there job. There are people on MSNBC that do the exact same thing, but no one ever complains about them. In fact there are very few stations that don't have a bias one direction or the other. If you are looking for news like that, then GT*O of America. FishSquared
Like I already said, that's fine and all - that they do that - but to claim they aren't bias? "Fair and Balanced" ? It's just an insult.

If your insulted by that. Your going to have a VERY rough life sir.
Avatar image for Lizy_Birdsworth
Lizy_Birdsworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lizy_Birdsworth
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts
I belong tosomeUFO forums and all those guys seem to thing that Fox news debunks every story that is supposed to hit the TV,I dont have Fox news but the people I know all mention it in a bad way so it puzzles me why its not getting looked into by some kind of monitory bodie. Sorry my first post and not a good one...will use spell check in futuere lolz.
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

Wow, apparently a lot of people think Fox News is biased even though half of them haven't even watched Fox News. Anyway, I think its pretty reliable and unbiased.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

We don't get Fox news over here but I notice it gets a lot of hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
I don't see how you can hate it. People complain.. OHHH FAUX news is biased. Well I'm here to inform you, that you are wrong.. The pundits are biased. The news itself is not biased. However there are individuals that give there view on things that is happening, because frankly that is there job. There are people on MSNBC that do the exact same thing, but no one ever complains about them. In fact there are very few stations that don't have a bias one direction or the other. If you are looking for news like that, then GT*O of America. ferrari2001
News, regardless of where it comes from, will ALWAYS be biased.Choice of focus and words are just two factors that plays into the various broadcasting methods.
Tsimcluckis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tsimcluckis
Member since 2009 • 202 Posts
I like Fox News.
Avatar image for Lizy_Birdsworth
Lizy_Birdsworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lizy_Birdsworth
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

EDITED:

Personally, I really don't like it (hate is a strong word)... a news company should not have an agenda...

but then again, I am not a fan of any of the news networks... I think they're all a lil bit crooked and just out for themselves of course... but Fox seems to be the most obvious.

Scoob64
Sorry im off topic I just wanted to say I love your sig lol,that bird is sooo funny.
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

It's the only news I care to watch. The rest are garbage. Especially CNN.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ferrari2001

TheGreatOutdoor
umm CNN is the most unbiased new source in my opinion. They still lean slightly to the left, but aren't as biased one way or the other as other news sources.
FishSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FishSquared
[QUOTE="FishSquared"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I don't see how you can hate it. People complain.. OHHH FAUX news is biased. Well I'm here to inform you, that you are wrong.. The pundits are biased. The news itself is not biased. However there are individuals that give there view on things that is happening, because frankly that is there job. There are people on MSNBC that do the exact same thing, but no one ever complains about them. In fact there are very few stations that don't have a bias one direction or the other. If you are looking for news like that, then GT*O of America. ferrari2001

Oh ok - don't respond to the post at all. Clearly relevant stuff from you. You don't listen to reason anyway - that's apparent.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Other then OI'reilley I cant really stand them.cousin_eddy
I can't stand ANY of them. O'Reilly is a blind conservative who makes a lot of false comments, and offers no apologies for being wrong.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ferrari2001
[QUOTE="FishSquared"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="FishSquared"] Like I already said, that's fine and all - that they do that - but to claim they aren't bias? "Fair and Balanced" ? It's just an insult.

Oh ok - don't respond to the post at all. Clearly relevant stuff from you. You don't listen to reason anyway - that's apparent.

I don't get where you are coming from that. Because a news site says it's fair and balanced your insulted. So a tiny little lie worries you. You are aware, EVERY news station, EVERY Politician, EVERY CEO, pretty much Every person tells a lie. and a lie this small and menial should really not be something to get worked up about. You don't watch the station any ways so why would you even care?
FishSquared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FishSquared
Assumptions are the root of all failures - Assuming I don't watch the station is wrong. Also, if you're so ok with "tiny lies" then... I really don't have anything to say. Like I said you're not rational. Just don't worry about it. If a "liberal" station was to "lie" you'd get more worked up than most I bet.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

Once again, a Fox News is bias thread. I really wonder why you don't see conservatives making thread after thread about MSNBC being bias when it is equally as bias as Fox News??

But of course they are bias, just like the other news stations are bias to the left. But I think conservatives deserve at least one news station that presents their point of view. Now I agree news shouldn't have a bias, but that's not going to happen.

I mean should all news be like MSNBC where they suck Obama's **** night and day? Whether people like it or not, it's good that there are different viewpoints out there. That way you can watch a little of both and get the full truth.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]

ferrari2001

umm CNN is the most unbiased new source in my opinion. They still lean slightly to the left, but aren't as biased one way or the other as other news sources.

ehh...Everybody has an opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

I don't care for Fox News or MSNBC. I tend to get my news from NPR.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

My favorite television news besides The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. :)

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]

TheGreatOutdoor

ehh...Everybody has an opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

And you shared yours, and most disagree STRONGLY.
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts
Fox: Full of crazies IMO. Oreilly - eh. Hannity - fail. Beck - OH GOD WHY?!?! MSNBC: A bit lame, but it's not too bad I guess. Chris - funny as he usually talks more then his guests do, and it's always fun when Pat comes along. Olbermann - calm down! Rachael - eh. CNN: Okay for the most part. Regular News Hosts - good, funny with their lame antics to keep you awake. Rick - not bad. Wolf - Okay. Cafferty - funny. Campbell Brown - liking it so far (also liked it when Roland was guest hosting). For the most part though, I like independent news stations like LinkTV and independent radio.
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

There normal news show (I think its fox report) is a lot less biased than CNN or ABC's new show, but i cant stand the rest. Like shawn Hannity or bill O'reilly. I liked Glenn Beck when he was on CNN (I think it was CNN) but now thats hes on fox, hes gotten more insane.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

In my oppinion, fox news is a little bias, but it is less bias towards the right than the other big news orginizations are to the left.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Man, I hate these discussions.

First off, the worst part about Fox is neither that they have an agenda nor that they are biased, it's the inflammatory remarks made on a regular basis by their pundits. When they talk about lynchings, when they make generalizations about black people being lazy, when they speak using rhetoric that incites viewers, when they speak in a bullying manner, when they berate their interviewees and try to play that type of destructive behavior off as heroic, and on and on. It's not just biased, it's showing a complete lack of standards. It's saying we're going to get angry and worked up on the air, we're going to act overly agressive and bully anyone who doesn't agree with us, we're going to make hateful comments, AND we're going to play it off as being a good thing, but wait, we're also going to call it news. It's ridiculous and it's the lowest form of trash there is. As far as being hateful and inflammatory, Fox has no equal.

As far as to what degree other news stations have an agenda is debatable, but I will admit every station has a bias. That's nothing new, there's an inherent bias in everyone. The difference is to what degree are you going to give into that bias and try to be objective. To just say, "well everyone has a bias, so screw objectivity altogether and just give into that bias," is irresponsible to the nth degree. Saying that MSNBC or CNN are biased is not a defense, it's a detraction. In no way does it exonerate what Fox does. Secondly, it's irresponsible to just cry bias because Obama isn't being bashed the same way Bush was. Sooner or later conservatives are going to have to face the fact that regardless of how much they liked Bush, a strong majority of the country was displeased with the way his presidency turned out. They're also going to have to face the fact that he did a lot of questionable things and that history probably won't be too kind to him. The fact that Obama isn't drawing as much criticism as Bush isn't a reflection on any news station, but rather a reflection on Bush.

Lastly, there's the question of what Fox does as far as fact-checking and being objective in their reporting, which again they are second to none as far as twisting facts. Let's face it though, the amount of actual news reporting done on Fox is pretty close to zilch. They should call it what it is, which is an editorial channel, not a news channel. You want to cry about CNN being favorable to Obama, fine, but at least they offer actual news coverage that has a hint of objectivity. Fox, as far as I can tell, is simply one editorial rant after another. That's fine if you're going to call it an editorial, but passing it off as news is probably the most irresponsible thing Fox does.

deathwish124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deathwish124
Member since 2009 • 248 Posts
Mostly horrible. They have a few shows that are actually fair and balanced but for the most part it's one sided garbage.
laxdude2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 laxdude2010
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

EDITED:

Scoob64
I personally like fox news for the simple fact that they are the only news network that isn't crazy about Obama.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Well, it's pretty good...

...but that's about it...

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

Lol, Fox news.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

It's easily the worst of the major "news" networks, and that is saying something.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

EDITED:

Lizy_Birdsworth

Sorry im off topic I just wanted to say I love your sig lol,that bird is sooo funny.

thanks! :)

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Scoob64

This is why I don't like a lot of the hosts...

they absolutely hate video games...

effena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 effena
Member since 2008 • 2811 Posts

Scoob64

Whaaaat? There was only one dude who knew what he was talking about, and they gave him like 30 seconds of talk time, before they cut him off to some amature panel. Most gamers are adolecent males? yeeah, shows how much they know...

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

Scoob64
I lol'd, you didn't even see much of that scene in Mass Effect. Talk about blowing things out of proportion.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#47 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

It's okay. It may be biased but at least it's not as bad as MSNBC especially with old man Olbermann (who seems to get mad over petty little things that he never shuts up about, and still has an obsession withbashing Bush even though Bush ain't the one in charge anymore)and that stuck up Maddow puttana. I must admit I like seeing O'Reilly yell at people, he seems like he wants to be fair, but he must lose his temper. Hannity seems like he's more partisan that O'Reilly.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#48 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Fox News is okay. It's the conservative counter to the Left-leaning MSNBC. CNN is the most balanced of them all.

What some people in this thread don't realize is that Right-wingers (for the most part)like to view things in black & white. Meaning that to right-wingers, news stations are either liberal or conservative. There is no middle ground (ie. grey area). So if a news station isn't constantly bashing Obama (like Fox News does), then it must be liberally biased.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

Fox is almost as biased as CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, BBC, NPR and CNBC.

Of course their bias is in a different direction than the other nooz netwerx so it's hated by the obamites and obamatons.

None shall speak ill of He Who Walks Behind the Rows!!!!

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

What some people in this thread don't realize is that Right-wingers (for the most part)like to view things in black & white. Meaning that to right-wingers, news stations are either liberal or conservative. There is no middle ground (ie. grey area). So if a news station isn't constantly bashing Obama (like Fox News does), then it must be liberally biased.

LosDaddie

immediately followed by

Fox is almost as biased as CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, BBC, NPR and CNBC.

Of course their bias is in a different direction than the other nooz netwerx so it's hated by the obamites and obamatons.

None shall speak ill of He Who Walks Behind the Rows!!!!

Rusteater

Good call LosDaddie