So OT, what's your on YouTube's test pilot show: Hazbin Hotel?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

This came out like 2 or 3 weeks ago and surprise no one hasn't discuss it but anyways, here's the vid:

Y'know what studio would be most willing to co-produce this as a series? Titmouse Inc. That studio has a history of transgressive entertainment with fluid animation to boot, and Hazbin Hotel would fit right in if you ask me.

A few thoughts I had while watching:

• The animation and character designs are really inconsistent, but it is a pilot and I'll get used to it.
  • The edgy language and sex jokes seem forced and just there to make sure you know this is for big boys and girls. It's take it or leave that kind of thing.
  • Voice acting is mostly really good, definitely the high point of the pilot.
  • the songs are a hit or a miss.

Overall, it has potential and could reach a wider audience if giving the chance but other then that, I like it for a pilot show. What's your take on it OT?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

Yeah, a few of my Anime friends told me about this show and they all like the art style and hardcore jokes. After watching it, that was pretty interesting. I definitely enjoy how this is unabashedly aimed towards adults with the swear & jokes (even if they didn't all land) Radio Demon was probably my favorite part of the whole thing. I like how they use an actual radio filter for his voice, and how he really doesn't give a crap about the hotel idea & is just in it to watch people suffer.

Charlie seems like an interesting character. But Instead of wasting time with that music piece at the beginning, they should have used that to explain why she wants to do this whole hotel thing. It's hard to really get a good grasp when the show just throws you in like that with little to no explanation and I think it has potential though. 6.66 millions have view it and so yeah, someone will pick it up.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Been looking forward to that for well over a year. It's a shame it was just everything she previously released just put together.

Still though:

Image result for ten out of ten jontron
Avatar image for deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
deactivated-5e171d7dbd091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e171d7dbd091
Member since 2018 • 284 Posts

@crimsonbrute said:

Been looking forward to that for well over a year. It's a shame it was just everything she previously released just put together.

Still though:

Huh, What does that mean?

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@evil_loli: VivziePop (the creator) has been working on this for a very long time and she has been posting clips on her YT channel. Most the clips she uploaded ended up being merged together and turned into the pilot.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#6  Edited By benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I really enjoyed Hazbin Hotel for the humour and animation, also the same with Helluva Boss I like the humour for it because it relates to the work life

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Considering the creator has been accused of pedophilia, racism and transphobia, I have a hard time mustering the desire to support her work.