• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Jolee Bindo walked the dark/lightside tightrope like a boss.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

Tell that to Revan.

wis3boi

I hope I never see that occur, because I would have the hardest time facing something like that.

level 37 instance in SWTOR contains Revan. You learn a lot about him in that. Quite the balance indeed, walking on both sides at once.

You want to see that?

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 gaming25

though he is quite off his rocker if I must say

wis3boi

More and more and more. Which would be total disaster and not be good at all.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

The Jedi had become bloated and dogmatic, while the Sith picked retarded names for themselves*. I guess I'd choose to be a Jedi, but only if it's in Luke Skywalker's new Jedi era.

(*their names were such dead giveaways that there should have been a Sith named Darth Obvious)

JediXMan7

Oh I don't know. If you heard of a guy named Tenebrous, Zannah, Caedus, Sion, Nihl, or Maladi, I don't think you'd automatically think "evil."

PS: Yes, those are all Darths.

You mean tenebrous, nihil , and malady don't say "evil" to you?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

[QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

The Jedi had become bloated and dogmatic, while the Sith picked retarded names for themselves*. I guess I'd choose to be a Jedi, but only if it's in Luke Skywalker's new Jedi era.

(*their names were such dead giveaways that there should have been a Sith named Darth Obvious)

OrkHammer007

Oh I don't know. If you heard of a guy named Tenebrous, Zannah, Caedus, Sion, Nihl, or Maladi, I don't think you'd automatically think "evil."

Not automatically. They're not as obvious as Bane, Sidious, Maul, etc.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

crap i picked Sith, i meant to pick Jedi

nicksonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 nicksonman
Member since 2009 • 1221 Posts
Sith
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#58 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Jedi, I rather not have to die if I want a new apprentice. Besides, force Speed, Valor and a sabrestaff turns me into an unstoppable force. Oops, still thinking about KOTOR.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="gaming25"] I hope I never see that occur, because I would have the hardest time facing something like that.gaming25

level 37 instance in SWTOR contains Revan. You learn a lot about him in that. Quite the balance indeed, walking on both sides at once.

You want to see that?

I did. Posted a picture of him back a page or two
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

JediXMan7

Not automatically. They're not as obvious as Bane, Sidious, Maul, etc.

Maladi/malady in particular pretty much jumped off of the page at me as being something negative (which is where all of the Sith names seem to originate).

Maybe it's all of the Lovecraft I've read, but Tenebrous was pretty distinct to me, too.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gaming25
[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="gaming25"]

level 37 instance in SWTOR contains Revan. You learn a lot about him in that. Quite the balance indeed, walking on both sides at once. wis3boi

You want to see that?

I did. Posted a picture of him back a page or two

I mean irl.
deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#62 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

Sith, because they're stronger than Jedi's..

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

If I'm not mistaken Luke Skywalker walked that dark/light line pretty well. I mean he was a good guy, but he wasn't necessarily afraid to use powers traditionally attributed to the darkside.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#64 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Sith, because they're stronger than Jedi's..

deathtarget04

No, not stronger. Just quicker, easier, more seductive.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Sith. All that celibacy and emotional restraint crap isn't my style. Hate and anger FTW!
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 worlock77

Sith. All that celibacy and emotional restraint crap isn't my style. Hate and anger FTW!Rhazakna

To be fair once Luke re-established the Jedi Order the celebacy rule was one of the things he tossed out.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Sith. All that celibacy and emotional restraint crap isn't my style. Hate and anger FTW!worlock77

To be fair once Luke re-established the Jedi Order the celebacy rule was one of the things he tossed out.

That's something that never made sense to me. The Light Side was supposed to be about controlling emotion and idle passion, so the Jedi rightly noted that romantic entanglements might lead to the Dark Side. At most, Luke should've made it ok for Jedi to screw hookers. Relationships would just screw everything up for them.

Under those rules Jacen Solo became Darth Caedus. I think Luke just wanted to reestablish the order and still get laid.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#68 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Jedi. Being evil is dumb.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Sith. All that celibacy and emotional restraint crap isn't my style. Hate and anger FTW!Rhazakna

That's something that never made sense to me. The Light Side was supposed to be about controlling emotion and idle passion, so the Jedi rightly noted that romantic entanglements might lead to the Dark Side. At most, Luke should've made it ok for Jedi to screw hookers. Relationships would just screw everything up for them.

Under those rules Jacen Solo became Darth Caedus. I think Luke just wanted to reestablish the order and still get laid.

I think the reasoning might have been that if relationships weren't prohibited in the old Jedi then his father could have openly turned to his fellow Jedi with what was troubling him rather than going to the enemy for help. But yeah, he probably just wanted to get laid also.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
I want to be a bad ass Jedi.....not a goody two shoes.....Siths are too one dimensional....what a dilemma.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Rhazakna

In order to rebuild the order, Luke had to recruit Force sensitives who were already grown adults. Celibacy wasn't viable anymore. That's the reason for the change, in the canon.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

airshocker

In order to rebuild the order, Luke had to recruit Force sensitives who were already grown adults. Celibacy wasn't viable anymore. That's the reason for the change, in the canon.

You seem to know much about this young padawan....
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Well, I chose to be a Sith in KOTOR because of Carth, so. . .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

You seem to know much about this young padawan....LJS9502_basic

I have read almost every single Star Wars book ever written. :P

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

airshocker

That really makes no sense at all. Look at actual orders that practice celibacy. Most of the time the people in them aren't born into them (though there are exception). It stands to reason that celibacy would be far more viable if you were recruiting adults, since they would understand the weight of the choice. Recruiting kids who have no sex drive yet, into a celibate order sounds far more problematic than recruiting adults who understand what they're sacrificing.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]You seem to know much about this young padawan....airshocker

I have read almost every single Star Wars book ever written. :P

I've...uh...seen the movies.:P
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Bounty hunter with force powers and a lightsaber.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

That really makes no sense at all. Look at actual orders that practice celibacy. Most of the time the people in them aren't born into them (though there are exception). It stands to reason that celibacy would be far more viable if you were recruiting adults, since they would understand the weight of the choice. Recruiting kids who have no sex drive yet, into a celibate order sounds far more problematic than recruiting adults who understand what they're sacrificing.

Rhazakna

It makes perfect sense. Adults who have already experienced sex will most likely not give that up just to become a Jedi.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

[QUOTE="lordreaven"]

One who can walk the narrow line of light and dark is truely free.

gaming25

No, that's a joke. If you are dark, you could never be light.

If you go dark, you are a slave to fear, if you go light you are a servent of narrowmindness.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

sith most likely.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

airshocker

It makes perfect sense. Adults who have already experienced sex will most likely not give that up just to become a Jedi.

So adults would give up sex for the priesthood, or to be monks, but they wouldn't give it up to be monks with super powers? That doesn't make sense. Also, if you're recruited before you know what sex is, before you even have a sex drive, puberty would be extremely problematic for you. All of a sudden you have urges to do all these things you never wanted to before, but you've already agreed never to do them. That's absurd. Bad Star Wars writing strikes again!

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 gaming25
[QUOTE="lordreaven"]

[QUOTE="gaming25"][QUOTE="lordreaven"]

One who can walk the narrow line of light and dark is truely free.

No, that's a joke. If you are dark, you could never be light.

If you go dark, you are a slave to fear, if you go light you are a servent of narrowmindness.

The light is the truth.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#83 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]Sith. All that celibacy and emotional restraint crap isn't my style. Hate and anger FTW!Rhazakna

Love is a double edged sword, its passions and attachments can lead to the dark side, yet the love and compassion can redeem them. There is no greater example of this than Darth Vader's story. There is a reason why love is considered dangerous by both the Jedi and the Sith, for very different reasons, and ironically, the very reasons that can either make you fall or be redeemed.
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
Sith.... ...then Jedi....
Avatar image for deactivated-58061ea11c905
deactivated-58061ea11c905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-58061ea11c905
Member since 2011 • 999 Posts

Jedi. Palpatine was a jobber. He wastoo proud and eventually he lost the battle.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 worlock77

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

Rhazakna

So adults would give up sex for the priesthood, or to be monks, but they wouldn't give it up to be monks with super powers? That doesn't make sense. Also, if you're recruited before you know what sex is, before you even have a sex drive, puberty would be extremely problematic for you. All of a sudden you have urges to do all these things you never wanted to before, but you've already agreed never to do them. That's absurd. Bad Star Wars writing strikes again!

Well even under the old Jedi Order not all Jedis remained celebate. I believe even Obi Wan carried out an affair with another, female, Jedi.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

sith

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I would be a Sith for sure.

BrideInDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BrideInDream
Member since 2006 • 2262 Posts
Sith
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
swtor has made me hate jedi
IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Bounty hunter with force powers and a lightsaber.Lonelynight

Wait.

I want to be a Republic Commando with force powers.

That'd be smart.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

sith