Should women have "the right" to end a pregnancy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Should women be forced to have a baby or should they have the right to kill it before it is born? Is abortion murder? Do you see any difference between life at conception or life after twenty four weeks of conception? Is there any difference to the fetus wether it was conceived from a rape or incest or as a accident from a drunk night out? I am all for womens rights, but when they are pregnent, its not just about them anymore. Unless a womans health is at stake, i dont believe abortion should be allowed. Where do you stand on the subject?

sexy_fool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sexy_fool69
Member since 2008 • 748 Posts
Oh no not another one.......
SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

I don't know. I'm completely on the fence. It's all a matter of definition of when someone is considered human.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
Yes they should, it is or should be a mother's choice whether her child should live or die when it is still inside her body.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts

well if the health of the women is at stake then yes i suppose. or if they were raped or sumtin to that affect then mayb. it all depends on the belifs of the women that has the fetus now doesnt

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts
I am all for free abortion...
CrocodileNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CrocodileNuts
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts
Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts
Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.CrocodileNuts
I agree with this.
Loco_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Loco_Live
Member since 2010 • 3147 Posts

Eh, I don't see why not. It doesn't matter to me.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Same_Jeans_On
[QUOTE="CrocodileNuts"]Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.Snipes_2
I agree with this.

And what if the women was raped?? THis is one of the many reasons it should be the mother's choice.
Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snipes_2
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="CrocodileNuts"]Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.connorisgreat93
I agree with this.

And what if the women was raped?? THis is one of the many reasons it should be the mother's choice.

Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Yes, but it has to be very early on in pregnancy.
CrocodileNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrocodileNuts
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="CrocodileNuts"]Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.connorisgreat93
I agree with this.

There's always adoption.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

I agree with this.

Use protection! :x

Rapist: Hehe :twisted:

Helpless woman: WAIT! D: I BEG OF YOU!

*opens condom*

Wear this, please!

Rapist: *wears condom*

And the story goes on...

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Videodogg
I agree with this.

The fetus does not know how it was created. Does it not have any rights to grow and live? Yes it is a bit traumatic to the mother, but she can always give it up for adoption.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I think it should be the woman's choice up to a point. I absolutely abhor the idea of late-term abortions.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="connorisgreat93"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I agree with this. Snipes_2

Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life.

So you agree to taking away the mother's rights while also supporting fatherhood for rapists?

That doesn't sound optimal

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Snipes_2

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="connorisgreat93"] And what if the women was raped?? THis is one of the many reasons it should be the mother's choice.Jaysonguy

So you agree to taking away the mother's rights while also supporting fatherhood for rapists?

They would not be a Father if they Raped someone. Who is she to decide when to end anothers life?
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

I agree with this.

If abortion = killing it should never be right.

I think that after a certain amount of time (Maybe 6-7 months) the fetus fetus could be considered a human with its own rights vs being part of the woman's body. But before that period abortion should be the woman's choice.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="connorisgreat93"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I agree with this. Teenaged

Use protection! :x

Rapist: Hehe :twisted:

Helpless woman: WAIT! D: I BEG OF YOU!

*opens condom*

Wear this, please!

Rapist: *wears condom*

And the story goes on...

Related legal precedent; If she asks him to wear a condom then they consider that establishment of consent.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life. Snipes_2

They would not be a Father if they Raped someone. Who is she to decide when to end anothers life?

She is the mother; the "vessel" of this new life. And a mother who had absolutely no intention or blame on her for the situation she got it.

ITzCobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ITzCobra
Member since 2010 • 748 Posts

i dunno am not for abortion myself but if someone was raped or theirhealth was at stake then i dont see no problem i only get mad wen someone has an abortion wen they got pregnant from a one night stand or by mistake, if they didnt want a baby the should use contraception and take the consequence of their actions :)

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Same_Jeans_On
[QUOTE="Snipes_2"][QUOTE="connorisgreat93"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I agree with this.

A women should still no be put through the pain of childbirth without their consent. If a women wishes to have an abortion they should be able to do it. A raped women should never have to give birth to the product of said rape. What if the pregnancy was accidental and the mother's circumstances would not allow for the child to be given a fair chance or upbringing in life.
swehunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 swehunt
Member since 2008 • 3637 Posts
[QUOTE="CrocodileNuts"][QUOTE="connorisgreat93"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I agree with this.

There's always adoption.

Kid's don't choose their parents, what rigth have parents to un-choose their kid's? Hard to justify an abort, but for some it's a must, being forced/rape or pills not working is a mistake, and being raised as a mistake won't do kid's good. But nevertheless it's not us to tell the kid's chances when it still can't speak for itself. Im comfused, but it's ceaitan not only the mothers choise!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Snipes_2"] Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life. Snipes_2

Yes they most certainly would, there's no way to avoid it

So I'm interested in why you support a rapist's rights to procreate

As for the ending life a rape victim can choose to abort before it even becomes what people commonly refer to as the fetus

I'd like to go back to giving the rapist rights to have children though, personally I'm against that sort of reward for rape but you say it doesn't matter?

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

I'm for there being abortion legally available, I'm also apathetic on time constraints, so I don't really care about late term abortions.

SamusFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SamusFreak
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

Yes they should, it is or should be a mother's choice whether her child should live or die when it is still inside her body.connorisgreat93

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter, she has to bare the child for 9 months, if she doesn't wan't to, for what ever her reason may be, then it is her choice. I myself don't think I'd ever recommend it to anyone, but I have no right to tell other people that they can't. Its their body, their child, not mine. This is something that should be left to the individual to decide.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Same_Jeans_On

"Snipes_2 wrote: Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life."

This in fact is a disgusting comment, why should it matter how many people it happens to? It still happens. You believe that if a women is impregnated against her will it is then her duty to bear said child until it is born?

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Abortion is horrible. I'm absolutely against it....taking lives (yes it is takin a life) is not our job - if you dont want a baby then don't have sex or at least use proper protection.CrocodileNuts

But it is our job to execute prisoners (takin a life), right?

Also not alot of rape victims get the choice to use protection.

Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
abortion should be legal until the baby can live outside the womb. And late term abortions should only be legal if having the baby would endanger the expected mothers health.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
deactivated-5bb421ab1b937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
Member since 2010 • 354 Posts

Any abortion survivors in this thread?

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Videodogg
Snipes_2 wrote: Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life. This in fact is a disgusting comment, why should it matter how many people it happens to? It still happens. You believe that if a women is impregnated against her will it is then her duty to bear said child until it is born?connorisgreat93
i will answer that...Yes. It is only 9 months from the womens life, but no matter how traumatic this is to her, how can she deny the entire life of the child? The rape is the crime and the victim, the woman, may have to suffer for it for several months. That makes the crime even more serious, but why should the baby have to pay with its life?
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="connorisgreat93"][QUOTE="Snipes_2"] I agree with this. Snipes_2

So the woman should have to go through 9 months of mental scarring and evidence of what happened to her shown everyday, as well as the dangers and pain of childbirth for a child she never concented to?

Why is a fetus' life more important than a womans? I don't feel it is.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pixel-Pirate

[QUOTE="connorisgreat93"]Snipes_2 wrote: Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life. This in fact is a disgusting comment, why should it matter how many people it happens to? It still happens. You believe that if a women is impregnated against her will it is then her duty to bear said child until it is born?Videodogg
i will answer that...Yes. It is only 9 months from the womens life, but no matter how traumatic this is to her, how can she deny the entire life of the child? The rape is the crime and the victim, the woman, may have to suffer for it for several months. That makes the crime even more serious, but why should the baby have to pay with its life?

Why should the mother have to pay with her mental and physical health?

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
The use of abortions as a contraceptive disgusts me, but if some valid form of protection was used -- and subsequently failed -- then I have absolutely nothing against abortion.
mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
Men should have the right too or it should be banned. It's not fair if only women can decide.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pixel-Pirate

Men should have the right too or it should be banned. It's not fair if only women can decide. mayforcebeyou

Then the father should have to carry the child for half the time and half the pregnancy, to be fair.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Same_Jeans_On
[QUOTE="connorisgreat93"]Snipes_2 wrote: Those make up less than 2% of abortion cases. IF that happened they still should not end their childs life. This in fact is a disgusting comment, why should it matter how many people it happens to? It still happens. You believe that if a women is impregnated against her will it is then her duty to bear said child until it is born?Videodogg

It is a life that should never have been created. It should never have happened because the women was raped. It is regrettable but it is not fair ever, to force a women to bear a child she does not want to.
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
I'm pro-choice up until around 21 weeks. That's more than enough time to make up your mind.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Its their body they should have the right to do with it as they please. Is it going to hurt any of us if a woman ends the pregnancy b/c she really doesn't want a child?
ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts

SupaKoopaTroopa
Nah. Out of the millions, none survived. 0% survival rate I hear. I'm just happy some mothers have far more courage than others. If we poofed every single mistake/sin/ect of a fetus/baby, some of us might not be here today. lol
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Only if the woman was raped.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Same_Jeans_On
[QUOTE="SupaKoopaTroopa"]

ProjectTrinity
Nah. Out of the millions, none survived. 0% survival rate I hear. I'm just happy some mothers have far more courage than others. If we poofed every single mistake/sin/ect of a fetus/baby, some of us might not be here today. lol

Hilarious:lol:
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Only if the woman was raped. Flame_Blade88
Why not if she wasn't raped?
ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
[QUOTE="ProjectTrinity"][QUOTE="SupaKoopaTroopa"]

connorisgreat93

Hilarious:lol:

I'm not sure if you're mocking me or just found my post funny. :P
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]Only if the woman was raped. fastesttruck
Why not if she wasn't raped?

Her responsibility for not taking some sort of means of birth control.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Same_Jeans_On

Women was raped and kept child:

"What's that son? you want to see a picture of your father?...Well I'm afraid it's more of an artist's impression."

"You have his cold dead eyes!"

mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts

[QUOTE="mayforcebeyou"]Men should have the right too or it should be banned. It's not fair if only women can decide. Pixel-Pirate

Then the father should have to carry the child for half the time and half the pregnancy, to be fair.

no that would make it unfair
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

I'm against the murder of children. Abortion is nothing more than murder for the sake of convenience and promiscuity. If you don't want to raise a child, put it up for adoption or don't have sex. If you were raped, that was a horrible thing for you to go through but that doesn't give you the right to kill another.

If abortion = killing it should never be right.

I think that after a certain amount of time (Maybe 6-7 months) the fetus fetus could be considered a human with its own rights vs being part of the woman's body. But before that period abortion should be the woman's choice.

Meinhard1

My nephew was born after only being in the womb for five months. He was born weighing barely more than a pound. Last week he turned 6 years old. Was he not human despite having matured for five months? Here is a picture of him several days after his birth. He is human no less than you and I.