Should the US / NATO attack Iran now ?

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

....theirs new reports Iran could develop an ICBM capable of reaching NATO countries by 2015. If they do, the balance of power in the middle east would turn upside down.

If the US waits a long time to attack Iran, it could risk starting into a full scale war. Do you think they should strike at Iran now, and stop them quickly? Or try and avoid war altogether, wait to see what happens?

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Considering Ahmadinejad believes earthquakes are cause by scantily clothed women it's hard to asses them as a serious threat... We don't need another war, though.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
So...why do we need to attack them again?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I don't think either of us would have to. We would give Israel the green light.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Pirate700
This. Israel is more than capable of dealing with them without our help.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Duckman5

And we could still control from afar what they do or don't do obviously not just letting them run wild.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Duckman5

true, but frankly I dont think we can trust Israel to conduct a proper war. They would likely show little to no restraint as they currently do, and following the tanks and troops would likely be bulldozers and supplies to build houses. Iran would become New Israel, and there'd be millions of refugees.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

And we could still control from afar what they do or don't do obviously not just letting them run wild.

that has not really been working lately, though

Israel is going to bite the hand that feeds it (the US) very soon, I feel, and it is going to hurt.

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
you never know what can happen...
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
you never know what can happen...Solid-CELL
Iran voluntarily engaging in mutually assured destruction is pretty out there.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

mrbojangles25

true, but frankly I dont think we can trust Israel to conduct a proper war. They would likely show little to no restraint as they currently do, and following the tanks and troops would likely be bulldozers and supplies to build houses. Iran would become New Israel, and there'd be millions of refugees.

Uh, might want to check your geography. Tanks and bulldozers would be a challenge.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"] This. Israel is more than capable of dealing with them without our help.mrbojangles25

that has not really been working lately, though

Israel is going to bite the hand that feeds it (the US) very soon, I feel, and it is going to hurt.

How so?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"] This. Israel is more than capable of dealing with them without our help.Oleg_Huzwog

Uh, might want to check your geography. Tanks and bulldozers would be a challenge.

considering Iraq is right next to Iran, US forces are stationed there with lots of cargo planes, and it is problably a 1-hour flight to Israel...I dont see the problem getting tanks and other vehicles there. If that is what you were getting at, that is.

Snipes_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snipes_2
Member since 2009 • 17126 Posts

I doubt Obama will do anything about it. I believe we should let Israel take care of them, if not, we should destroy them while they are weak.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

considering Iraq is right next to Iran, US forces are stationed there with lots of cargo planes, and it is problably a 1-hour flight to Israel...I dont see the problem getting tanks and other vehicles there. If that is what you were getting at, that is.

mrbojangles25
You really think Israel is going to leapfrog two countries to build houses? Houses that would be cut off from the rest of the country? In a country that Israel has no interest inhabiting whatsoever? Think about this.
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

mrbojangles25

I don't think there is an army in the world that shows as much restraint as Israel. Your views on Israel are clearly incredible uninformed, I don't think Israel has any desire to take over Iran and make a 'New Israel' and there is no justification for that frankly ridiculous belief.

Also concerning your other post, about Israel 'biting the hand that feeds it' could you please elaborate? Your mystical ability to predict the future is pretty incredible I'm just having some trouble understanding you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Anyone that says yes is also saying yes to an Iran/Russian/Chinese alliance because that's exactly what would happen and those three could take on the world.

Right now Iran is on the outside and thinks it can do it all by itself, the second they feel they can't they're going to be the third piece in what could be the most destructive alliance the Earth has ever seen

So no, I don't think Iran needs to be prodded right now

Let's see what we can do with diplomacy there and around the globe before we give Iran any ideas

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
No we shouldn't attack Iran. It's a bad idea from a tactical standpoint and it would only strengthen Iranian support for the mullahs. I just don't see an attack on Iran ending well.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

We have tech that can shoot those things down. Not like they will be mass producing ICBMs.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Also concerning your other post, about Israel 'biting the hand that feeds it' could you please elaborate? Your mystical ability to predict the future is pretty incredible I'm just having some trouble understanding you.

swizz-the-gamer

I could be wrong, but I think the poster was hinting at the recent "slap in the face" during Vice President Biden's visit to Israel (announcement of the new settlements during planned talks for peace).

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wasdie  Moderator

Also, I would keep with diplomacy as long as possible.

We need to gain some allies and have them completley outnumbered. A solo US action against Iran would not be good but a Nato/US attack with treaties with Russia and China (or at least some level of trust) will be much greater.

An attack on Iran would also mean a wide sweep on other countries as other posters did point out that there is more than Iran at play here.

Overall war is not a good idea and should be the final straw. They don't have those ICBMs yet, until they don't have them, diplomacy needs to be the option.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Anyone that says yes is also saying yes to an Iran/Russian/Chinese alliance because that's exactly what would happen and those three could take on the world.

Jaysonguy

I honestly do not see that happening - the U.S. and other European nations have a lot of money going into places like China and Russia. China has loaned the U.S. a lot of money recently anyway. Besides, the other countries would be wary of siding with what appears to be a theocratic nation. It's strictly business with them. If anything does transpire (which I hope doesn't), Iran would be pretty isolated in my opinion.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Nobody should attack Iran but sadly that's where Obama will take the United States.

All hell will break loose if Iran is attacked, the UK and Israel will obviously help the United States while Syria, Egypt, Hezbollah and Iran will strike back at Israel, India and Pakistan will most likely take advantage of the situation and attack eachother. Russia has already said that Iran should not be attacked so who knows what they would do to respond to the United States.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

We have tech that can shoot those things down.

Wasdie

We have the technology

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

I think an attack on Iran now will be a bad idea. However I can see someone attacking them within the next couple years because I don't think they will listen to diplomacy or follow sanctions. We should just let Israel handle this one even though I don't see it having a good outcome either way.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
let em build the nuke
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MushroomWig
let em build the nukeweezyfb
There is still no evidence that they even want a nuclear weapon, for all Obama knows they could be seeking nuclear energy. Besides, who the hell is the United States to tell other countries what they're allowed or not allowed to do? Israel have nuclear weapons and they're more of a threat to the middle east than Iran could ever be.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Not sure we need another war at this point... the economy is strained as it is...
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

[QUOTE="weezyfb"]let em build the nukeMushroomWig
There is still no evidence that they even want a nuclear weapon, for all Obama knows they could be seeking nuclear energy. Besides, who the hell is the United States to tell other countries what they're allowed or not allowed to do? Israel have nuclear weapons and they're more of a threat to the middle east than Iran could ever be.

The President of Iran said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map. I think that's reason enough.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Duckman5

agreed

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Attacking Iran will cause chaos

No one wants another Iraq, and we definitely don't want another major oil spill.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oleg_Huzwog

No one wants another Iraq, and we definitely don't want another major oil spill.

TehFuneral

Oil spill? I doubt environmental impact is a major consideration when figuring the pros and cons of war.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="weezyfb"]let em build the nukeswizz-the-gamer

The President of Iran said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map. I think that's reason enough.

No, he didn't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mScWWtRfGQ
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Oleg_Huzwog

Oil spill? I doubt environmental impact is a major consideration when figuring the pros and cons of war.

It is concerning the Persian Gulf and its surrounding countries.

it will cause a long term damage.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"] This. Israel is more than capable of dealing with them without our help.swizz-the-gamer

I don't think there is an army in the world that shows as much restraint as Israel. Your views on Israel are clearly incredible uninformed, I don't think Israel has any desire to take over Iran and make a 'New Israel' and there is no justification for that frankly ridiculous belief.

the US supports Israel under certain conditions

Israel has broken these conditions.

the US has patiently talked to Israel and tried to keep them restrained; sometimes they listen, other times they do not.

As for the possible scenario I presented, I dont think it is likely to happen, just throwing it out there. I am simply saying that, just because Israel is "a good guy", we cannot expect them to do the right things. Especially given the animosity between Israel and Iran. Besides, it is really not that far fetched; Jews from all over the world came to a country, and they have continually been taking more territory by force for the past few decades.

Anyway, I thought all you folks in OT would have realized by now I am the local Devil's Advocate lol. I dont necessarily believe in the crap I say, but A.) that does not mean its impossible, and B.) dont reject it simply because it is distasteful

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

@ mushroomwig He sure wants to put them to death .

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Oleg_Huzwog

but...the penguins! Dont you recall those poor oil-covered penguins! Yes, I know its hot there but what if there are penguins!!!

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I honestly want for Ahmadi Najad and his party of monkeys gone NOAW! seriously, Iran influence is a cancer upon this world.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

No, and I can't understand why America wants to attack everybody :| What's so bad about balancing the powers anyway? USA wants to be th eonly one with nukes to "peacekeep" easier? I don't think sooo...

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pirate700

No, and I can't understand why America wants to attack everybody :| What's so bad about balancing the powers anyway? USA wants to be th eonly one with nukes to "peacekeep" easier? I don't think sooo...

Crimsader

With all due respect, you clearly are uninformed about Iran if you want them to have nuclear weapons.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"][QUOTE="weezyfb"]let em build the nukeswizz-the-gamer

That statement is a falsehood that has been perpetuated by the same Anglo-American news media that helped to fabricate the false pretexts for the invasion of Iraq.

Watch THIS VIDEO for the truth---and for insight into the role of US media as warmongering propagandists.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wasdie  Moderator

Crimsader

Do some research on Iran and what their leaders have said.

If it was up to them, they would have control of most of the world.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Someone should bomb the hell out of them. I hope the US can pressure someone else into doing it because we can't handle another decade of war.
pav50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pav50
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

Lol, i'm enjoying all the mad paranoia in this thread- countries like north korea already have nukes and they haven't destroyed the world (yet) so why would it be a problem if Iran had one- there is already technology to shoot down long range missiles in-case this becomes a possibility however are Iran stupid enough to send one nuke that is shot down when everyone knows that the US and Russia have horded hundreds of nukes.

I just don't see the need to invade just because the possibilty that they have nearly created a nuke (how likely is it that they actually use it), they're gonna make one eventually- we should probably just give them one to stop their whining:P. Let them make their nuke- maybe if they feel they are on equal footing, diplomatic relations will improve.As for the comment about the Israeli military being one of the most restrained, you should probably try telling that to the hundreds of civilians that were indiscriminately bombed in Lebanon in an attempt to destroy terrorist HQ's ( which were probably unscratched underground).

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

TehFuneral

It wouldn't be a ground invasion, it would be a huge air strike. I didn't agree with the invasion of Iraq or Afghanistan, but i would rather the US or Israel stopped Iran now, instead of 5 years down the line when they may have a nuke and may have started a military build up.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MushroomWig
Iran influence is a cancer upon this world.GazaAli
However American influence is perfectly okay. ;)
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Oleg_Huzwog

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

mrbojangles25

but...the penguins! Dont you recall those poor oil-covered penguins! Yes, I know its hot there but what if there are penguins!!!

Somebody post the Futurama video of oil-soaked penguins, now!

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Pirate700

Agreed. Israel would rock Iran's ****. Let the Ass-kickers of the Middle East do what they do best.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MushroomWig
instead of 5 years down the line when they may have a nuke and may have started a military build up.gamedude2020
What kind of logic is that? You can say the same about every other country, maybe America should attack them just incase they MAY be a threat one day in the future.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]

Wasdie

Do some research on Iran and what their leaders have said.

If it was up to them, they would have control of most of the world.

Isn't USA's objective the same?