Share your car accident experiences, I just had my first.

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CruxisXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 CruxisXIII
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts

I was in the passenger back seat and my friend was driving. He came to an intersection and made a left turn w/o an arrow and did NOT yield to incoming traffic. me and one of my friends told him before the turn "STOP, don't go it's unrestricted" and he went and the next thing I know I look out the window and see a mercedec coming 50MPH right at me and I'm like "aww ****, farewell". Then I was in massive shock for a long time and just got out of the ER and I'm supposedly fine.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

never been

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

I was on my bike, waiting to cross to go home from stupid highschool, then I see one car stop fast, and another rams into it. Then I was like crap, I dont get to go home, lol!

PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I'm on my Learners plates and as I was trying to go forward out of a parking space, I caught the bumper of the car next to me, and I couldn't get the car off it, so I ended up scraping a lot of the bumper and got out. It looked like an expensive as hell classic Jaguar :( . I left my details and he called me later that day and he was just so relaxed and nice about it. He was so grateful someone was honest enough to leave their details so he said that I would only have to pay like 90 bucks (it would have cost around 500 I'm guessing)

Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
Thankfully I've never been in an accident any more serious than a minor fender bender. Good to hear you're okay.
ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

I was in the passenger back seat and my friend was driving. He came to an intersection and made a left turn w/o an arrow and did NOT yield to incoming traffic. me and one of my friends told him before the turn "STOP, don't go it's unrestricted" and he went and the next thing I know I look out the window and see a mercedec coming 50MPH right at me and I'm like "aww ****, farewell". Then I was in massive shock for a long time and just got out of the ER and I'm supposedly fine.

CruxisXIII

Wow that's dramatic :shock: glad you are ok though.

I had several, most recent one was I rear-ended a truck driven by a Mexican who didn't speak one lick of English. I just ended up paying for my own repair which cost upward of 4K... still driving that car til this day. I drive a Toyota Corolla btw, highly dependable

xxxAdvocatexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxxAdvocatexxx
Member since 2008 • 1797 Posts

My first was a car accident happen at a CVS and a dude ran into me. I was 16

My second was a girl let her boyfriend back her car into mine while i was parked. I was 19.

The Third was old lady didn't look to her left when she made a left turn. I was 23

My Fourth happened to me the first week i was quitting smoking and a month apart from my third accident. It was raining and some guy in front of me coudn't make up his mind. So when he stopped suddenly, I stopped and another car hit me from behind and launched me into the other car. My car was totalled and that accident sucked bad. Eveything else before that was fender bender.

DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts

same thing as OP, I was a passenger and the driver of my car broadsided an SUV. No one got hurt at least. both cars were totalled

badkarma1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 badkarma1591
Member since 2006 • 1602 Posts

I was riding passanger in the front seat, and my friend rolled the car four times. I of course didnt have my seat belt on and ended up getting a concussion and having to be rushed to a bigger hosiptal because they thought I broke my skull. I couldnt stand up for a week because I would get so dizzy, it was just great.....

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
Something like that almost happened to me the other day... 4-way intersection, I turned into the left-turn lane and waited (the entire road had red lights, the intersecting road had green). There were cars in both the left-turning lane, and the straight lane of the opposing side of my road. When the left-turn lanes went green, some idiot in the straight lane opposing me decided that even though he had a red light, he'd go anyway, just because the left-turn lane on his side was moving. Nearly ****ing hit me and the car behind me. Anyway, I've only had one real accident... I was going through an intersection with a yellow light, and had to stop short (I did, safely) on the other side because a car was turning into a parking lot right after the light. The car behind me decided to beat the light, and floored it through the intersection but didn't realize everyone was stopped on the other side. So realizing I'm getting rear-ended no matter what (I was watching this unfold through the rear-view mirror), I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could to prevent from getting pushed forward into the car in front of me... So I saved him, but I got a license plate imprint in my rear bumper... Otherwise it held up pretty good. And the only other time was when I was taking a sharp corner at night, and while the roads were slick from rain... and the car viciously oversteered, and instead of correcting the problem, I panicked like a baby. I ended up backwards, on the wrong side of the road, 6 inches from a few trees. But I was fine, and so was the car. :)
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

Wrapped my boss's Navigator around a phone pole. Walked away from it.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Never have...
-katamarina-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -katamarina-
Member since 2006 • 5048 Posts

The only one I remember was when I was 4 and me and my mom got out of control on the ice. I ended up with a goose egg on my head:)

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
Never been in a car accident as I don't drive a car (only a matter of time before I have a motorcycle accident). I did however see a tram ram into the back of a car once. It kind of made a domino effect and caused a three car pile-up although with only very minimal damage.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

I was crossing the street one night and this drunk driver hit me. I rolled over the car (I heard his windsheild crack) and I hit the pavement. He sped off and left me in the road with a broken left leg and almost all of my left ribs shattered.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

That sucks TC, I'm glad you made it out of there alive.

I haven't had any major accidents (though I had one close call, an almost 60 m.p.h. T-bone that would have killed me and three friends instantly, I have no doubt.) The ones I have had have all been minor fender benders, and I once creamed a mailbox which happened because I reached down to the passenger floor to pick up a pay check after coming home from work.

Nothing else major though *knock on wood*.

CruxisXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CruxisXIII

I was crossing the street one night and this drunk driver hit me. I rolled over the car (I heard his windsheild crack) and I hit the pavement. He sped off and left me in the road with a broken left leg and almost all of my left ribs shattered.

Theokhoth

did the guy ever get in trouble for it?

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
I am scarred and only my friends here will see them. Actually if anyone is catholic,my accident left me stigmata,but I am not a believer so in my mind I bleed from my hands occasionally......:)
joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#19 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

Driving down a tight twisty b road, and we were going to fast, went round a corner lost control, swirved and rolled over three times at 60mph, it was a rush and none of us got a scratch.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
My first and olny accident was when I was a senior in High School and decided to ditch for the rest of the day. I was speeding down the street and saw a parked semi truck. I had to switch lanes because he was blocking half of it. The car in the lane I was switching to wouldn't let me over and decided to swerve at me. I dodged him and crashed into the back of the truck trailor. It ripped my passenger side fender right up. There was this guy who saw everything and told me there was a way out through the alley. I panicked and drove home dragging the fender. I had to go to the junkyard and fix the fender myself since I didn't report it to the insurance people. Boy, I was stupid hahaha.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#21 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Never had one yet, I'm glad to say that
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

CruxisXIII

did the guy ever get in trouble for it?

Dunno. I couldn't exactly tell the police anything other than the car was red. If he was caught later, I was never told about it.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Theokhoth

I am scarred and only my friends here will see them. Actually if anyone is catholic,my accident left me stigmata,but I am not a believer so in my mind I bleed from my hands occasionally......:)mattykovax

An atheist with the stigmata?

I hated that movie.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

Minor fender bender because I fell asleep at the wheel. I was like an hour late to work and my boss was po'ed, and I got a freakin 100 dollar ticket.

Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bruin4ev3r1520
Member since 2005 • 8843 Posts
My sister was driving me to school when I was a freshman. She was making a left turn with a green arrow but one of the oncoming cars didn't realize they had a red light. So my sisters half way thru the turn and I see the car coming and I go "Oh crap. Why am I not wearing my seat belt?!" The car slams its brakes but still hit my sisters car on my side. I went flying across the back seat and hit my shoulder/head against the window. My head hurt like hell for the rest of the day but no injuries. I always wear my belt now.
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

So that's why you were posting yesterday in System Wars, right? Boy, they sure build kids tough these days. Those post 50 mph Mercedes collision ER stays just keep getting shorter and shorter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

I had a 2 liter of coke blow up in my face. It blinded me, and I went off the road into some trees at 30 MPH. The only injury was my hand getting burned from the airbag. The car was totaled though...

Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bruin4ev3r1520

So that's why you were posting yesterday in System Wars, right? Boy, they sure build kids tough these days. Those post 50 mph Mercedes collision ER stays just keep getting shorter and shorter.

pianist
Couldn't this all have happened today? Just cuz he went to the ER doesn't mean he spent a lot of time there. Especially if hes alright. Maybe they just took him there as a precaution.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Theokhoth

pianist

:lol:

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pianist

[QUOTE="pianist"]

Bruin4ev3r1520

Couldn't this all have happened today? Just cuz he went to the ER doesn't mean he spent a lot of time there. Especially if hes alright. Maybe they just took him there as a precaution.

The accident probably happened. The getting hit dead on at 50 mph probably didn't.

Bruin4ev3r1520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bruin4ev3r1520

[QUOTE="Bruin4ev3r1520"][QUOTE="pianist"]

pianist

The accident probably happened. The getting hit dead on at 50 mph probably didn't.

oh yeah. That i can agree with.
Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

I ran my mom's Mustang into a ditch, didn't hurt me, my passenger, or the car.

I ran my Jeep into a tree because I hit some ice, tore a hole in my front end that's still there, it's a battlescar.

Both of these happened with the same person in the car, she's badluck.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattykovax

[QUOTE="mattykovax"]I am scarred and only my friends here will see them. Actually if anyone is catholic,my accident left me stigmata,but I am not a believer so in my mind I bleed from my hands occasionally......:)Theokhoth

I hated that movie.

Since when was I atheist...I guard my beliefs closely,I am not a christian,does not mean I am atheist....and yes I do occasionally bleed in my hands from where they say christ would. I think its faulity hospital work.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="mattykovax"]I am scarred and only my friends here will see them. Actually if anyone is catholic,my accident left me stigmata,but I am not a believer so in my mind I bleed from my hands occasionally......:)mattykovax

I hated that movie.

Since when was I atheist...I guard my beliefs closely,I am not a christian,does not mean I am atheist....and yes I do occasionally bleed in my hands from where they say christ would. I think its faulity hospital work.

Really? I could have sworn you said you were an atheist at one point. . .maybe I got you mixed up with someone else. :P

Still, that movie sucked.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pianist

and I once creamed a mailbox which happened because I reached down to the passenger floor to pick up a pay check after coming home from work.

Rekunta

:lol:

Car Wins.

Finish Him!

Carality.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattykovax
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

I hated that movie.

Really? I could have sworn you said you were an atheist at one point. . .maybe I got you mixed up with someone else. :P

Still, that movie sucked.

Movie did suck,and no I am not an atheist,never have been, I just do not agree with the majority on most issues including religion.
CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
I've never been in a car accident personally, but back when I was an electrician, I parked my car on the street and went to work. When I came back at lunch time, I noticed my driver side mirror was taken off completely and there was a giant scratch and dent along the side. The guy who hit me drove a garbage truck, and fortunately, the construction site foreman saw the incident and followed him when he sped away. I didn't pay a dime of the $3500 in damages.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts

I accidently scratched my car when parking one time, their car just had my paint on it, but that's about it.

despa1r_fact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 despa1r_fact0r
Member since 2008 • 24611 Posts
I was doing 55mph and I just shifted into 5th gear. I started to doze off when my friend yelled at me because I was drifting into the other lane. I snatched the steering wheel and fish tailed and rolled the car over into the ditch. I wasn't wearing my seat belt so I landed on my head. My friend was strapped into the seat, we actually laughed as I unbuckled his seat belt and then he fell. Me and my friend just had a few bumps, bruises, and scratches. It hurt more that I filped my 1990 5.0 Mustang :(
CruxisXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CruxisXIII

[QUOTE="pianist"]

Bruin4ev3r1520

the accident happened today at like 12:30, I was at the ER for around 3 hours, now I'm home posting on GS

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WhiteSnake5000

CruxisXIII
Oh your friend... Don't be friends with him. Some people are dangerously stupid. So stupid that it's dangerous to be around them.
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts

I didnt have anything major but

So i had parallel parked on the side of the road to get to work. After work i go back out and there are two cars parked really really close to the front and back of my car. So to get out I backed up as far as I could go, by that I mean my bumper was touching the bumper of the car behind me, and turned the wheel as far over as possible and hit the gas. Luckily my SUV had steel bumpers because I had crushed the back bumper of the car in front of me and took off.

Thats what he gets for parking so damn close to me.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhiteSnake5000

I didnt have anything major but

So i had parallel parked on the side of the road to get to work. After work i go back out and there are two cars parked really really close to the front and back of my car. So to get out I backed up as far as I could go, by that I mean my bumper was touching the bumper of the car behind me, and turned the wheel as far over as possible and hit the gas. Luckily my SUV had steel bumpers because I had crushed the back bumper of the car in front of me and took off.

Thats what he gets for parking so damn close to me.

SunofVich
lol, I'm reporting you to local authorities for investigation. jk
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
Well, never been in an accident. Came close on Friday. My first time driving on the highway, a guy came up the entrance ramp and didn't even look and just merged, I couldn't do anything and instinct drove me into the other lane. Luckily there wasn't another car in the lane, that could have been bad. Also, my uncle died in a car crash so I always take precaution on the road
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pianist

Well, never been in an accident. Came close on Friday. My first time driving on the highway, a guy came up the entrance ramp and didn't even look and just merged, I couldn't do anything and instinct drove me into the other lane. Luckily there wasn't another car in the lane, that could have been bad. Also, my uncle died in a car crash so I always take precaution on the roadOblivionfan10

Be careful with merges. Remember that they're no fun for the people trying to make them, especially if the highway is busy. I always keep my eyes on a merge lane when approaching, and if anyone's trying to merge, I immediately move over to the other lane. It avoids a potential accident, and it's courteous to the driver who's forced to look over his shoulder at highway speed, trying to gauge an entry point.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

Never been in one before.

But i was with my mom, and she almost crashed into a car, and she braked so hard my neck hurt after that.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhiteSnake5000

[QUOTE="Oblivionfan10"]Well, never been in an accident. Came close on Friday. My first time driving on the highway, a guy came up the entrance ramp and didn't even look and just merged, I couldn't do anything and instinct drove me into the other lane. Luckily there wasn't another car in the lane, that could have been bad. Also, my uncle died in a car crash so I always take precaution on the roadpianist

Be careful with merges. Remember that they're often a nasty piece of driving for the people trying to make them, especially if the highway is busy. I always keep my eyes on a merge lane when approaching, and if anyone's trying to merge, I immediately move over to the other lane. It avoids a potential accident, and it's courteous to the driver who's forced to look over his shoulder at highway speed, trying to gauge an entry point.

Lately I've been doing that as well. But what pisses me off the most is when people are going 40mph when they are about to merge into a 65mph high way.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pianist

Lately I've been doing that as well. But what pisses me off the most is when people are going 40mph when they are about to merge into a 65mph high way.

WhiteSnake5000

It's just another good reason to give them space. I suspect it's because they're looking over their shoulder and don't feel comfortable going faster when they can't see in front of them. Or they just didn't gauge their acceleration correctly. In any event, it's not your concern if you're not in the lane they're trying to enter. One of the most common mistakes young drivers make is assuming that they shouldn't do anything to avoid a collision simply because they have the right of way.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
My mom got rear ended when I was about 8.