Se7en ending *spoilers inside*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

I watched Se7en last night and thought it was great. Very freaky movie, Morgan Freeman once again is the man. My olny problem was the ending, which I didnt think fit.

Maybe Im thinking to much into it but *spoilers* The fact that the killer killed the wife didnt make sense to me. All his other killings he did only because they were sinners, he basically justified his killings saying he was doing something good. Killing the wife I dont think fits his character. Maybe he did it because he had to do it to make Mills commit wrath, but still once he killed the wife he went from "hand of god" to cold blooded psycho killer. Some might say well all he was was a crazy killer, but I think he was crazy enough to actually believe he was the "hand of god" and wouldnt kill unless he thought the person a sinner.

Either way I still thought it was really good. David Fincher is awesome.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts
I always looked at it like she was an innocent bystander. The killer im pretty sure explains that he is guilty of Envy before being killed when mills commits wrath. Id have to watch the movie again though.
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SinkO
Member since 2005 • 1908 Posts
Doe kills Mills' wife out of jealousy, if I remember correctly he says something that he tried to play husband and wife with her, but because he couldn't fulfill the commitments of her husband, he kills her in a fit of jealousy, thus making himself being guilty of Envy. So Doe makes it so that Mills murders him in Wrath, punishing Doe for his sin (Envy). Mills' punishment is the fact that his wife and unborn child are dead, so in the end all the "sinners" are punished.