Russia Warns of World War 3 Beginning in Syria.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Syria: Russian PM warns of world war if troops sent in

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has warned that the deployment of foreign ground troops in the Syrian conflict could result in a world war.

Medvedev was quoted as saying in an interview published late on Thursday by the German newspaper Handelsblatt that "a ground operation draws everyone taking part in it into a war".

When asked about a recent proposal from Saudi Arabia to send ground troops into Syria, the Russian prime minister answered that "the Americans and our Arab partners must consider whether or not they want a permanent war".

Al Jazeera's Rory Challands, reporting from Moscow, said Medvedev's comments were an explicit warning to the United States and its regional allies, including Saudi Arabia.

"He basically told them to back off on sending troops because if they did, this might result in some sort of interminable or even a world war," Challands said.

Source.

What would Bernie do?

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

Medvedev was giving Turkey the Ottoman Empire and Saudis a warning, should they send any ground troops entire Syria would be countering them.

"What would Bernie do?"

What Bernie and GOP should do is to drop the Bush/McCain/Regime Change style of foreign affairs.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Bernie would be a voice of sanity which is much needed in these situations. My fear is what would Trump or Cruz do?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@mark1974:

I think Hillary would handle it better than any of them.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@AFBrat77: I actually agree. I think she would be prone to leading an attack, but only after all diplomatic efforts fail.

Also are we just going to ignore the ceasefire that 17 countries have signed on to recently?

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mark1974

@AFBrat77 said:

@mark1974:

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

Aside from Syria's own armed forces, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah are the only legitimate actors in Syria, simply because they're the only ones operating with the consent of the authentic, democratically-elected government of Syria. An incursion by the armed forces of any other country would constitute a grave violation of international law and would render that country responsible for whatever escalation ensued.

The coalition of the righteous (Syria, Russia, Iran and Hezbollah) has so far shown tremendous restraint in the face of outrageous NATO provocations, including:

• Turkey's provision of logistical support to ISIS,
  • Turkey's shooting down of a Russian bomber and, most recently,
  • Turkey's use of artillery to strike targets in Syria.

That restraint has its limits, though. If NATO's reckless adventurism results in World War III, then so be it. The quality of Russia's leadership alone is enough to ensure that Russia and her allies would emerge victorious.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

You go tell Putin that if they dont clean up their act, will build a large red laser and melt mother Russia away into the Arctic Ocean. Also, tell Putin that until he discovers a way to grow food on ice, i suggest he not bite the hand that feeds his people. Hungry people dont make law abiding citizens. Also tell Putin not to take too long in Syria, cause after were done with Ukraine, well be looking for some new friends.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mark1974

@Stesilaus: Thanks for the video. I've always been entertained by Russian propaganda. Going back to silent films. It's an unique kind of nationalistic madness and just something about it is funny and enjoyable to me. Your country has given us the best novels of all time. I wish I could read them in Russian.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

"What would Bernie do?"

Go back to 2008. "What would Obama do?"

Both candidates in their respective times didn't have any foreign policy experience, yet Obama's foreign policy has ultimately been better than Bush's foreign policy. So why the question? Bernie Sanders isn't some crazy maniac eager to torture and go to war. If anything, my prediction is that Sanders will continue some aspects of Obama's foreign policy and if he's smart, avoid total war. Is it because he gave the stage to those black women yelling off? If so, what would you of had Sanders do? Fight back aggressively, knowing he would make a greater fool of himself, even if he succeeded? Depending on the scenario, the best action is to do nothing and wait. Seriously, what does Sanders have to do with this story?

If anything, I'm more concerned with a GOP presidency. Also, Democrats have a better track record when it comes to World Wars.

With that out of the way, World War III isn't going to happen. If anything, we'll continue to have more proxy wars, ethnic conflicts, civil wars, increased forced migration and more refugee crises. Maybe we'll see Saudi Arabia and Iran duke it out but I highly doubt it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The invasion has already somewhat begun.

Turks are killing Kurds and have harmed some Syrian arab armies by shelling northern Syria. Kuwait and Qatar and sending in jets to Turkey.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@mark1974:

She certainly has the most foreign experience of any current candidate on both side of the isle. If someone had to be in president seat when foreign issues arise I'd hope it'd be her.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@ferrari2001:

Pretty much the standout reason I'm voting for her. She would handle foreign affairs much more gracefully then the others. Also, I think she will improve the Affordable Care Act and move in a positive way with climate change.

But a president needs to be competent with foreign affairs....and I think she is.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

@ferrari2001:

Pretty much the standout reason I'm voting for her. She would handle foreign affairs much more gracefully then the others. Also, I think she will improve the Affordable Care Act and move in a positive way with climate change.

But a president needs to be competent with foreign affairs....and I think she is.

I agree. Plus she is willing to work with the system we have and try to improve things where she can. God knows it's difficult enough in this current political climate.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I'm too old to draft hahaha u bastards!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

@mark1974 said:

Bernie would be a voice of sanity which is much needed in these situations. My fear is what would Trump or Cruz do?

Well WW3 would be an inevitability wouldn't it?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts

I think he's just trying to employ some fear tactics to give some pause for thought in putting ground troops in the fight.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

With that out of the way, World War III isn't going to happen.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58479 Posts

This world would be a joke if a World War came about because of Syria. It is sad what is occurring there but, c'mon, let's be practical and not rattle our sabers over some shithole.

You know what would be crazy? If we actually joined forces, said "No more killing!", and put an end to whatever the hell is going on over there.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:
@AFBrat77 said:

@mark1974:

She certainly has the most foreign experience of any current candidate on both side of the isle. If someone had to be in president seat when foreign issues arise I'd hope it'd be her.

Shes with the CFR and her best is Kissinger yeah very best knowing she wants a regime change more then the GOP.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

I'm not trusting a guy with ties to Israel when it comes to any Middle East issues. As far as I care, they have been the instigator in most of the problems over there. Nice thing about Obama, he never really bought into their bullshit. Hillary 2016.

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

I really hope this is true and sincerely hope Vlad Putin crushes them all. I'm so shocked and glad that so many in the UK are starting support Putin now, they seem to realise that at least he can be trusted to rid the world of Isis, rather than using Isis as a means to make vast sums of money.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#25 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Good article on Turkey / Syria

At its core the main issue if you read all resources lead to Erdogan. The guy has to go. He's leading his country to war with Iran, & Russia & will start not only a world war 3 if other nato countries join but a religious war between Shia & Sunni countries. Something I bet Erdogan really desires. Look at his history. The guy was a devout Islamist in his youth and only adopted the facade of moderate to join secular politics. Now his true colours are beginning to show.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

We are at war with eastasia, we have always been at war with eastasia.