River Phoenix overrated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
I honestly don't know, only saw a couple of films with him. He died young though (23) so I bet he is overrated.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
He's overrated because he died young? I thought he was great in Stand By Me.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I don't think he is overrated. He had so much potential and his best work was ahead of him. I would have much rather have seen him play the "Interviewer" in the movie "Interview with the Vampire" than Christian Slater, which was the next film he was going to do after he got done doing the movie "Dark Moon"? I'm not sure of the movie's name, it was never finished but was like 90% complete.
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
Ian Curtis died at 23... so is he overrated because he died young and left the mark as a great lyricist?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts
The only thing I remember him in was his small bit in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
The only thing I remember him in was his small bit in Indiana Jones and the Last CrusadeSerraph105
Same. I haven't seen any of his other movies, so I wouldn't be able to tell you if I thought he was overrated or not.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jachichorro
Okay I'm going to help you people... c teh Heath ledger thread? c wut i did hur? I wasn't being serious.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts
Okay I'm going to help you people... c teh Heath ledger thread? c wut i did hur? I wasn't being serious.jachichorro
lol my bad didnt really think it through if you were trying to say people try to destroy what eveybody loves at the time by calling it overrated than Im right on board with you. Im going to keep on loving these things regardless of what people call it
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
His two big films were Stand By Me and My Private Idaho. He stared with Keanu Reeves in the latter film. Both of them were so young back then. River was expected to be a huge star after that performance. But we will never see any of that.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jachichorro
[QUOTE="jachichorro"]Okay I'm going to help you people... c teh Heath ledger thread? c wut i did hur? I wasn't being serious.Serraph105
lol my bad didnt really think it through if you were trying to say people try to destroy what eveybody loves at the time by calling it overrated than Im right on board with you. Im going to keep on loving these things regardless of what people call it

Thank you!