Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Wow I thought Pacquiao would win but by decision... Nonetheless, Go Pac Man!tbone29
They do that because they thought Hatton was in real danger.. When that happens a ref usually instantly waves off the fight, instead of counting to 10 when Hatton could have possibly be dieing in the ring.. Mayweather may not even be able to face Pacman, he already is slated to fight Marquez.. Which is extremely risky for Mayweather to begin with seeing as he just got back out of retirement.. I feel bad for Hatton, the guy must feel like he let down his entire nation.. They see him as a national hero, than again it makes me question his management.. They knew how fast Pac was, in that you just can't stay open and needed to bob.. Hatton was standing straight up the entire time and was just taking a barrage by him..
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 Buck_Hotep
Member since 2003 • 10589 Posts

This is what happens when people discount the smaller man. People who gave Hatton a chance to win only did so because they thought he was the bigger man thus with more power. This fight showed that Pac-Man wasn't just the faster fighter but the strongest puncher as well. If Pretty Boy decides to underestimate Pac-man's power in both hands he will lose like Hatton.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

This is what happens when people discount the smaller man. People who gave Hatton a chance to win only did so because they thought he was the bigger man thus with more power. This fight showed that Pac-Man wasn't just the faster fighter but the strongest puncher as well. If Pretty Boy decides to underestimate Pac-man's power in both hands he will lose like Hatton.

Buck_Hotep
It is pretty interesting when people actually claimed Hatton had more power.. Specially after we saw a very bad performance by Hatton against Malignaggi.. A man whose right hand was broken prior to the fight and basically couldnt use it the entire time.. Hatton couldn't even get a ko on that fight, instead he got a decision I think int he 11th round where Malignaggi could have went one too..
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Buck_Hotep

[QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

sSubZerOo

It is pretty interesting when people actually claimed Hatton had more power.. Specially after we saw a very bad performance by Hatton against Malignaggi.. A man whose right hand was broken prior to the fight and basically couldnt use it the entire time.. Hatton couldn't even get a ko on that fight, instead he got a decision I think int he 11th round where Malignaggi could have went one too..

Because people look at body types when they do these pre-fight match-ups. Even the best fight analysts do it because its hard for them to wrap their mind around a smaller man being actually stronger and more powerful in addition to being faster. I like what Bert Sugar said about Manny after the De La Hoya fight and leading up to this one. People look at Manny as some upstart country bumpkin who should be just glad he's gotten this far when the last few years has shown he's the best P4P fighter of the decade. I will say that Roach was the best thing to happen to Manny.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Who's next! I want to see Pacquaio and Mayweather Jr this December. Humble vs the Flamboyant. Don't doubt the Pacman or this will happen:

Now that's what I call a statement.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

Hatton just was not blocking and dodging. He went in to brawl and couldn't see pacman's hooks. Nice left hook to the jaw by Pacquiao though. I wanted Hatton to win, but Pacquiao just has amazing speed, with more than doable power to back it up. Also, stating Pacquiao had more power than Hatton in this fight is kinda iffy. Only because Hatton didn't connect with any good shots, the fight was over too quickly. We couldn't see his power because of it. Pacquiao sure does have power, I will give him that, but we just weren't able to see what Hatton had to deliver to make a good call on who has better power. Pacman got a very good shot to the jaw, which is all it took, but it's just not really appropriate to say he has more power.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts
[QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

Because people look at body types when they do these pre-fight match-ups. Even the best fight analysts do it because its hard for them to wrap their mind around a smaller man being actually stronger and more powerful in addition to being faster. I like what Bert Sugar said about Manny after the De La Hoya fight and leading up to this one. People look at Manny as some upstart country bumpkin who should be just glad he's gotten this far when the last few years has shown he's the best P4P fighter of the decade. I will say that Roach was the best thing to happen to Manny.

Hatton had the power and i saw him hurt pacquiao a couple of punches. He just didnt defend himself.. i dont think there was any doubt about Pacquiao's power hence why Hatton was training to use basic boxing skills to keep him away. If hatton had took Pacquiao with much higher regard and defended more instead of bulldozing in, he would have gotten a chance to show his power which really would have hurt pacquiao. That was a very bad fight from Hatton. I am not putting Pacquiao down he is an amazing boxer, no doubt about that, i was just expecting a much longer fight than 2 rounds which hatton would have gained his advantages in the later rounds. Would be great to see Pacquiao go against Mayweather.. would really test him as a boxer.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

More apprection should go to Freddy Roach.

That fact Manny landed punches while Hatton was still throwing him was amazing. Knowing how Hatton cocks back when he punches which leaves him wide open was good training and coaching. Their startegy worked for perfection.

Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Buck_Hotep

I am not putting Pacquiao down he is an amazing boxer, no doubt about that, i was just expecting a much longer fight than 2 rounds which hatton would have gained his advantages in the later rounds. Would be great to see Pacquiao go against Mayweather.. would really test him as a boxer.RiseAgainst12

I didn't think you were putting Manny down as a fighter, but underestimating maybe. That has always been the case with every fight he's gone in with a top opponent. He's underestimatd going in and when he does win there's always excuses. I think a Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight is not even a guarantee since Mayweather needs to get past Marquez who I believe to be the second best P4P after Pacquiao.

I always like Pacquiao's chances against the top fighters he goes up against since he's humble in how he goes about the match-up before the fight, during and after. As much as I was a huge fan of Roy Jones, Jr. he, like Mayweather, was and still is a showboat fighter. He plays to the crowd instead of just coming in to destroy an opponent. One thing for sure after watching enough of Mayweather's prize fights I say he's never gone up against a fighter of Pacquiao's level.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

A disappointing fight as far as Hatton is concerned. He left himself wide open on several occasions in the first round. You'd think he'd make adjustments afterward but apparently, that wasn't the case. Hatton is good, but Pacquiao is better.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
FLIP PRIDE, pacman ftw!!!!
Ambli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ambli
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

Pacquiao won me $50 against De La Hoya, so I'll go with him by KO.

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts

With all due respect, boxing has been dead since the end of the Tyson/Hollifield days.

Pirate700
Does it really matter in any way that it's not as popular as it was? Should we stop watching because its not "in" anymore?
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Buck_Hotep

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

With all due respect, boxing has been dead since the end of the Tyson/Hollifield days.

MetallicaKings

Does it really matter in any way that it's not as popular as it was? Should we stop watching because its not "in" anymore?

Only for bandwagon fans. Boxing has a lot of problems but for fans of the sport it's always been good. Plus, it's popularity comes and goes in cycles. I wouldn't even call the Tyson-Holyfield days as a good cycle. The 140-147 lbs is where the best fights are at now. It reminds me of the true last golden age of boxing. The 80's with Duran, Leonard, Hearns and (one of my favorite fighters ever) Hagler. This is a new golden age with fighters like Pacquiao, Williams, Cotto, Marquez and Mayweather.