Reza Aslan blames the attack in Paris on french bigotry

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

@RadecSupreme said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

so what did cause it?

This essentially why the rest of the world is beginning to despise all you muslims. Even the moderates seek to justify the behavior of the extreme. Just don't cry wolf when everyone here hates Islam. All of you brought this upon yourselves.

"the rest of the world"

which planet are you on?

i don't justify the killing, at the same time there is no need to piss us off for no reason

if you go onto the street and show a black man something racist and he then reacts, who has the initial fault? same way you target a group of people and offend them, you will get a response, i don't need to explain these simple basic life lessons to you as if you are some child from the wild new to civilization, have some common fking sense.

Piss you off for no reason? No, there is PLENTY of reasons to piss you and all your muslim cultists off. You people do not condemn the extremists and in fact support these fascist governments and terrorist attacks. I am glad we are pissing you off. Such barbaric religion has no place in the 21st century.

He just said he doesn't justify the killings, yet you throw him in (and all of Muslim) with the same extremist groups. Prejudice is fueled by ignorance and anger. Just because you have a right to piss people off doesn't necessarily mean it's right.

Islam is fueled by ignorance and anger. All of a sudden I'm the ignorant one despite that even after event proves my point of view? The fact that the majority of these Islamic nations deprive women of rights? Islam is a religion made for the ignorant, uneducated and fanatical. Those who support this religion, support Sharia law and it's fundamentals. The fact that they decapitate homosexuals and execute people who leave the religion is pathetic. Simply because he didn't "condone" the killings doesn't mean he doesn't condemn it either.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

so what did cause it?

pedophilia

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

so what did cause it?

pedophilia

lol

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#54 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@RadecSupreme said:

Islam is fueled by ignorance and anger. All of a sudden I'm the ignorant one despite that even after event proves my point of view? The fact that the majority of these Islamic nations deprive women of rights? Islam is a religion made for the ignorant, uneducated and fanatical. Those who support this religion, support Sharia law and it's fundamentals. The fact that they decapitate homosexuals and execute people who leave the religion is pathetic. Simply because he didn't "condone" the killings doesn't mean he doesn't condemn it either.

How about you ask him if he condemns the killings? To assume he doesn't just because of his religion is the ignorance I'm speaking of. You are being prejudiced here.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Well, since i live in europe i kinda know where a country in euro-asia is.

But Turkey might be claimed to be secular in some circles, but there is a reason why the country is still not a part of EU.

So before you try to be a smart-ass at least know more than just "i visited there once and now think i know it all"

The problem is that you think that I think Turkey is part of Europe. Well I don't. I greatly despise the ottoman empire and whoever associates himself with them (genocide of the Armenian people anyone?)

Turkey has always been part of the greater Iran and the self-proclaimed ottoman empire brought the Muslim world nothing but misery. If they really want to be that ottoman empire again then they should know that they WILL clash with us (the Muslim world).

And yes I still think I know them better than you. I always keep an eye on the enemies of Islam like Turkey and the Saudis.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@alim298 said:

@Jacanuk said:

Well, since i live in europe i kinda know where a country in euro-asia is.

But Turkey might be claimed to be secular in some circles, but there is a reason why the country is still not a part of EU.

So before you try to be a smart-ass at least know more than just "i visited there once and now think i know it all"

The problem is that you think that I think Turkey is part of Europe. Well I don't. I greatly despise the ottoman empire and whoever associates himself with them (genocide of the Armenian people anyone?)

Turkey has always been part of the greater Iran and the self-proclaimed ottoman empire brought the Muslim world nothing but misery. If they really want to be that ottoman empire again then they should know that they WILL clash with us (the Muslim world).

And yes I still think I know them better than you. I always keep an eye on the enemies of Islam like Turkey and the Saudis.

What are you talking about? Turkey is and as long as i have lived been a part of Euro-Asia and have close ties with the European Union and USand have handed in their notification of desire to join the EU.

But this post seems to be a bit edgy? did your account get hacked?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#57 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@alim298 said:

What's wrong with passing laws based on religious beliefs?

Different religions have different beliefs.

More importantly, why have laws based on religous beliefs? If something is forbidden in your religion, then you should freely choose not to do that thing because you believe it is wrong, not because you would be punished by authorities. Are you better person because you avoid temptation or because you never face it?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 alim298

@Jacanuk said:

What are you talking about? Turkey is and as long as i have lived been a part of Euro-Asia and have close ties with the European Union and USand have handed in their notification of desire to join the EU.

But this post seems to be the ramblings of some crazy person? did your account get hacked or are you just drunk typing?

ok I'm a little lost here. What are you on about? You said Turkey is non-secular (which shows how little you know about Turkey). Then you continued to criticize Turkey and implied that it's a different europen country. (which again shows how little you know about Turkey). Then I explained to you why I too criticize Turkey even though they're secular and I implied that it's because of their fascism and their love for a corrupted and extinct empire. And it appears you have no idea what I'm talking about. (which yet again shows how little you know about Turkey). Then you called me crazy.

So what are we discussing here?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Jacanuk

@alim298 said:

@Jacanuk said:

But this post seems to be the ramblings of some crazy person? did your account get hacked or are you just drunk typing?

ok I'm a little lost here. What are you on about? You said Turkey is non-secular (which shows how little you know about Turkey). Then you continued to criticize Turkey and implied that it's a different europen country. (which again shows how little you know about Turkey). Then I explained to you why I too criticize Turkey even though they're secular and I implied that it's because of their fascism and their love for a corrupted and extinct empire. And it appears you have no idea what I'm talking about. (which yet again shows how little you know about Turkey). Then you called me crazy.

So what are we discussing here?

First i didn´t call you crazy i asked about what you wrote since it was not making any sense.

And what does Turkey being a muslim country have to do with if its european or not? Turkey have been since WWII considered a western ally, a part of the outermost border of europe. Which is why Turkey is invited to the EC in football, the eurovision song contest and have been engaged in talks about them joining the European union.

This is not exactly secrets so i am beginning to think you are just trolling.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By alim298

@Jacanuk said:

And I didn't deny any of that but it still doesn't make Turkey a European country in the sense that it doesn't share the same history and culture with Europe. It shares the same history and culture with the greater Iran which was part of the middle east.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Reza Azlan, Gaza Ali, Mia Khalifa ....... they all are winning

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Oh, Mia Khalifa is a born winner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#64 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Reza Aslan, she shouldnt have worn that dress. He shouldnt have talked back to his father.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

Don't get me started about French bigotry. They expected me to speak French in France and refused to speak American even though they could. Those foul surrender monkeys!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#66 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Oh, Mia Khalifa is a born winner.

zing, that's actually funny

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@alim298 said:

@Jacanuk said:

And I didn't deny any of that but it still doesn't make Turkey a European country in the sense that it doesn't share the same history and culture with Europe. It shares the same history and culture with the greater Iran which was part of the middle east.

Are you moving countries and continents?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jacanuk

@alim298 said:

@Jacanuk said:

I actually dont know if you are being serious or just having a laugh at my expense.

Because i have heard some strange and made up shit on the forums but this is something that is right up there in the top.

But to make it clear on what side of the fence Turkey is

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/15/turkish-pm-ahmet-davutoglu--muhammad-cartoons-provocation-charlie-hebdo

When a prime-minister comes out and says something like he clearly isn't representing a secular stand, but a clear non-secular. Not to mention that he is showing strong anti-semitism and just puts more fuel on the extremists fire.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

lol victim blaming

France does seem to hate Muslims though

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MakeMeaSammitch

@chessmaster1989 said:

lol victim blaming

France does seem to hate Muslims though

Can you blame them?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 alim298

@Jacanuk said:

I actually dont know if you are being serious or just having a laugh at my expense.

Because i have heard some strange and made up shit on the forums but this is something that is right up there in the top.

But to make it clear on what side of the fence Turkey is

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/15/turkish-pm-ahmet-davutoglu--muhammad-cartoons-provocation-charlie-hebdo

When a prime-minister comes out and says something like he clearly isn't representing a secular stand, but a clear non-secular. Not to mention that he is showing strong anti-semitism and just puts more fuel on the extremists fire.

So in other words you didn't understand a word I said. Good.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you moving countries and continents?

No but their shiity backward arabized culture will never be a european thing.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By kakamoura
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

Reza Aslan is and has always been a hypocrite, intellectually dishonest, constantly spews half-truths and has forever espoused the idea that religions are never the cause for anything a human has ever done. He's a muslim apologist and a downright fraud. Look up his debates with Sam Harris, he drops his guise there and is revealed for the fool he is.

kakamoura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73 kakamoura
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

so what did cause it?

Caused the attack?

It was caused by extreme religious beliefs that are fueled by insanity.

How about insanity that is fueled by religion?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@alim298: What's wrong with passing laws based on religious beliefs?!? Are you seriously asking this question? What bubble are you living in?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 alim298

@lazerface216 said:

@alim298: What's wrong with passing laws based on religious beliefs?!? Are you seriously asking this question? What bubble are you living in?

Yes I'm seriously asking this question. Not my problem that some people are too idiot to comprehend it. If a religious belief is good and makes for a good law you should make it a law otherwise you're a moron. Are you a moron?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lazerface216

@alim298 said:

@lazerface216 said:

Yes I'm seriously asking this question. Not my problem that some people are too idiot to comprehend it. If a religious belief is good and makes for a good law you should make it a law otherwise you're a moron. Are you a moron?

religious belief is based off of archaic text, so no, that's not gonna fly in the 21st century. so let me ask you, what religious beliefs do you feel should be put into law? and what's your definition of "good"? the bible and koran both condemn gays to death, should that be turned into law? or how about the stoning of adulterers? or how about slavery? you see how taking philosophies based off of books from from hundreds and thousands of years ago and trying to allow them to influence laws today is kind of ridiculous?

also, the fact that you feel the need to insult me just shows how defensive you are and that you probably don't have a very good argument to back up your ludicrous statement.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MakeMeaSammitch

Maybe they need to grow some thicker skin. Look at south park, it makes fun of Jesus all the time yet most Christians just ignore it or grow a sense of humor.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

OP you clearly have no idea who Reza Aslan is lol. He's really smart.

This thread is probably based on a lie anyway, I'm not even going to watch your video since I can't find this on any other news site.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but assume it is. The "He's really smart" part gave it away.

Reza Aslan is a delusional Islamic apologist.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 alim298

@lazerface216 said:

the bible and koran both condemn gays to death

So where does koran say that we should "stone gay people"? It's only in the hadith and there's only one hadith that says so.

@lazerface216 said:

or how about the stoning of adulterers?

So based on western laws adulteress shouldn't be punished? So my wife can cheat on me and face zero consequences. Okay. As for what the type of punishment should be yes we don't have to stone people anymore.

@lazerface216 said:

or how about slavery?

It's abolished so...

@lazerface216 said:

also, the fact that you feel the need to insult me just shows how defensive you are and that you probably don't have a very good argument to back up your ludicrous statement.

You were the first to insult me by implying that I live in a bubble.

@lazerface216 said:

religious belief is based off of archaic text, so no, that's not gonna fly in the 21st century. so let me ask you, what religious beliefs do you feel should be put into law? and what's your definition of "good"?

Well that's a tough one because many religious laws are already part of the so-called secular law. For instance paying taxes is a religious obligation in Islam. So is financially supporting your family.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lazerface216

@alim298 said:

@lazerface216 said:

the bible and koran both condemn gays to death

So where does koran say that we should "stone gay people"? It's only in the hadith and there's only one hadith that says so.

@lazerface216 said:

or how about the stoning of adulterers?

So based on western laws adulteress shouldn't be punished? So my wife can cheat on me and face zero consequences. Okay. As for what the type of punishment should be yes we don't have to stone people anymore.

@lazerface216 said:

or how about slavery?

It's abolished so...

@lazerface216 said:

You were the first to insult me by implying that I live in a bubble.

@lazerface216 said:

religious belief is based off of archaic text, so no, that's not gonna fly in the 21st century. so let me ask you, what religious beliefs do you feel should be put into law? and what's your definition of "good"?

Well that's a tough one because many religious laws are already part of the so-called secular law. For instance paying taxes is a religious obligation in Islam. So is financially supporting your family.

homosexuality is punishable by death according to sharia law. disgusting.

LMAO yes of course your wife can cheat on you and not have to fear lawful punishment or "consequences" (are you referring to physical harm or what? i'm not sure)! how is that even a question? unless by consequences you mean the end of the marriage, then yeah.

ummm...yeah slavery is abolished, for the most part. though many would argue it remains prevalent to this day, but that's beyond the point. my initial point stands, religious texts endorse slavery and obviously should not have any influence on modern day law.

i don't see how asking you if you live in a bubble/echo chamber is insulting, but whatever. frivolous either way.

paying taxes has nothing to do with religion in the west, i don't know about the middle east or muslim majority countries. it's a moot point anyways, taxes would be here whether islam had anything to say about it or not.

you still have not answered me on what religious beliefs you would or think should be put into law. you brought up many religious beliefs are already part of secular law, what ones are you referring to?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 alim298

@lazerface216 said:

homosexuality is punishable by death according to sharia law. disgusting.

Yes.

LMAO yes of course your wife can cheat on you and not have to fear lawful punishment or "consequences" (are you referring to physical harm or what? i'm not sure)! how is that even a question? unless by consequences you mean the end of the marriage, then yeah.

She should at least be fined.

ummm...yeah slavery is abolished, for the most part. though many would argue it remains prevalent to this day, but that's beyond the point. my initial point stands, religious texts endorse slavery and obviously should not have any influence on modern day law.

Yes and I did mention that we can cherry pick.

i don't see how asking you if you live in a bubble/echo chamber is insulting, but whatever. frivolous either way.

OK.

paying taxes has nothing to do with religion in the west, i don't know about the middle east or muslim majority countries. it's a moot point anyways, taxes would be here whether islam had anything to say about it or not.

That's why I said it's a tough one. But I don't think financially supporting you family has been part of the law for more than two hundred years or so. But yes it wouldn't matter if Islam was around or not for that to become part of the law eventually.

you still have not answered me on what religious beliefs you would or think should be put into law. you brought up many religious beliefs are already part of secular law, what ones are you referring to?

Well Islam was against racism for instance and in favor of social justice for the most part. There aren't many links discussing this matter unfortunately but here's one that I don't agree with all of it's contents but anyways link. As I said it's hard to explain because it wouldn't mean that islam is necessary. It would only mean that at least part of islam was in the right. But as I said this discussion won't be bringing anything new to the table because islam's existence while beneficial is not necessarily for us to make laws.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: yes, he doesn't condone the killing, he does however believe that we should do everything the killers say. (Or they will kill more of us) "Moderate Muslims" do not stand against extremists, they stand right beside them.