Reoccurring Dream (Poltergeist)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I've had this dream since I was about 12 years old. It's about a girl named Emily, I would have this vivid dream every few years and it's exactly the same ever since. The dream is all about this girl,who is a rocker chick who takes photos for Rock Album covers. We always meet in Ohio, and there are frequent blizzards. There are abandoned houses all over to get out of the cold from. She calls them "Emergency Shacks". In the dream we stay in a few of them. We get caught in a blizzard and I build her a fire. She says I saved her life. Basically in this dream Im always 16 and so is she. We Kind of date but she is so busy taking photos towards the end she just ignores me. The dream always end with us eating soup at some guy named Dave's house.

I told this to a dream expert/psychiatrist and he said it's a poltergeist, or a ghost, contacting me, and that cold is the last thing she remembers.

Do you guys think any of this is possible? Last time I had this dream was 2014.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

First I've heard of a poltergeist. Was there any one in your ancestry named Emily?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheHighWind

@and1salttape said:

First I've heard of a poltergeist. Was there any one in your ancestry named Emily?

Nope. The girl is related to me at all, and for some reason she is drawn to me I have no idea why. I expect that guy to say something like: 'Lay off Chinese food" lol.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Reoccurring dreams have always been an interest to me. I am not in the spectrum of the population that believes that dreams have meaning or may have major impact our waking lives, as I have noticed the weirder food I eat closer to sleep equates to the weirder dreams I have. Even with that, I think there is something to reoccurring ones. Have you tried to develop your ability to dream lucidly, where you are aware that you are dreaming, and at times, can take control of the dream? That might help out in this situation.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

I can't get over the fact that a psychiatrist told you it's a ghost. I'm doubting her qualification and hope you didn't pay any money.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A "psychiatrist" told you it was a ghost? I don't believe they were a certified psychiatrist.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheHighWind

@foxhound_fox said:

A "psychiatrist" told you it was a ghost? I don't believe they were a certified psychiatrist.

I thought the same thing, but who says a psychiatrist can't believe in ghosts. Is there a law or something? Are they forced to be Atheist?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foxhound_fox

@TheHighWind said:

I thought the same thing, but who says a psychiatrist can't believe in ghosts. Is there a law or something? Are they forced to be Atheist?

Atheism has nothing to do with science. A psychiatrist is required to give a diagnosis based on scientific evidence... and you experiencing a recurring dream being blamed on a poltergeist is not scientific.

A psychiatrist can believe in ghosts, but they cannot have a medical opinion based on them.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheHighWind

@foxhound_fox said:
@TheHighWind said:

Atheism has nothing to do with science. A psychiatrist is required to give a diagnosis based on scientific evidence... and you experiencing a recurring dream being blamed on a poltergeist is not scientific.

A psychiatrist can believe in ghosts, but they cannot have a medical opinion based on them.

Don't some ghost hunters use scientific methods?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 foxhound_fox

@TheHighWind said:

Don't some ghost hunters use scientific methods?

If ghosts were real and could be shown to exist using scientific methods, you'd think we'd hear more about it from the scientific community, no?

Just because someone uses big words like "electromagnetic field fluctuations" doesn't make it real science.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@TheHighWind said:

Matter of fact is, to be a successful clinical psychologist, you need only to be a good liar. If you can lie to your clients well enough to delude them into thinking you've their problems figured out, eureka! otherwise, curse your career choice.

Also, TheHighWind, ghosts are essentially supernatural beings or they're understood as that. A supernatural phenomena being explained through scientific method is an absurdity in and of itself.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

So, is she sexy ? I'd try to take control of that dream. Maybe in some other life you were with her. Or were related? Or maybe your home is right over a cemetery, or maybe she is under your floor. OMG ! Get a dog, or a cat, they can sense dead people.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Like others have said, I hope you didn't pay this "expert" any money. No offence but it sounds like he's making stuff up, as if a medical opinion can be "Bro, it's a ghost".

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Can dreams be affected by outside sources? If so, approaching this with faith, while I think of as valuable, should at the very least be viewed as distinct from reason.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Don't eat pork before bed time. That will definitely give you nightmares. I wonder why that is ?