3 0%
4 0%
5 3%
6 6%
7 35%
8 13%
9 19%
10 6%

Decent and entertaining but a bit ridiculous and preposterous. His suit comes out of his.... necklace? Oooookay....

Also, Wakanda is rich due to vibranium. How did they get rich? By buying and selling tech related to vibranium. How did they keep everyone in the supply chain silent about the true nature of Wakanda for so many years?

7/10

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I also said 7/10. I enjoyed the movie, and I thought it had some cool parts. It still had its goofy parts and plotholes.

I think it was better than some of the Marvel movies, but still not as good as others. BP had a pretty solid supporting cast, but it would have been nice to give T'Challa a bit more of the limelight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Agree with the 7/10. Loved the almost entirely black-cast (even though it got hyped to death inside and outside of the movie...before it started we even had someone in the theatre come explain it to us). The acting was refreshingly different and I got to see a lot of talented actors I didn't know before. That being said, the movie didn't seem to be able to decide what it wanted to be...the pauses in the movie for preaching were really glaring and a lot of the characters just weren't sympathetic at all in my opinion.
Couldn't give a damn about either T'Challa or Killmonger...neither seemed to really be into what they kept saying they wanted to do and I hate characters who half-ass their roles (mind, I'm not blaming the actors, I'm blaming the script). On the other hand, loved the female characters; Nakia and Shuri were amazing...Oyoke was mostly great but halfway through the movie they blundered big with her character so it was a bit of a cold water bucket...think the actress saved the character after that.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

I'm also at a 7. It was a fun movie but hardly the perfection that it was hyped to be. To me it sits comfortably next to the other decent fun but forgettable Marvel popcorn movies like AntMan, Thor1-2, and Iron Man 3.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

8.5-9 out of 10, an excellent standalone superhero movie all the way around. Among the top 5 Marvel movies including Logan.

To me Logan, the 2 Guardian movies (had to see the 2nd one twice to fully appreciate), Winter Soldier, and Black Panther constitute the top 5, in any order.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I was a huge critic of it, and I'd give it probably a 9.5. I voted 9 though.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I'd give it a 6 or 7, it was ok but there are much better marvel movies out there. Killmonger was just another meh marvel villain, the cinematography was bland which is a damn shame because being set in Africa it could have looked absolutely amazing, the fights weren't anything special, and I didn't find the story especially engaging. Ot was all hype and little substance.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

I give Black Panther a 8/10! I like the movie but I will say that back then, in the comic world, Black Panther was a boring Marvel hero and nothing like Batman in a sense. My view of Black Panther change when I saw him in Civil War, he was freaking amazing and his standalone movie just nails it. Even I find villains in Marvel not much to go by, but Killmonger totally stole the show and had an actual goal so it made me like the movie even more so.

Totally cannot wait to see him again in Infinity War starting April 27th!!!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

7 for me too. predictable but enjoyable enough

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

8/10. Enjoyed it. It was a good movie. That's about the highest I'd go in rating Marvel movies so yeah.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

One of the best installments in the MCU

I put it with Avengers and Guardians as my favorites

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@Macutchi said:

The funny thing is, it was already predictable when Marvel show off the first Infinity War trailer and with Black Panther all healthy and fighting Thanos forces, we already knew Black Panther was gonna be A-okay and the Infinity War trailer totally gave him away lol.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Macutchi said:

The funny thing is, it was already predictable when Marvel show off the first Infinity War trailer and with Black Panther all healthy and fighting Thanos forces, we already knew Black Panther was gonna be A-okay and the Infinity War trailer totally gave him away lol.

very good point lol

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

As stated, the principal photography left more to be desired. Africa is beautiful, but this didn't show what I expected. Killmonger had so much potential to be a better villain, pretty lame. The story was ok, but not what I expected. It wasn't bad, just did not meet my expectations.

Which is fine. It's a very competent comic book movie, but hardly the GOAT or refresh it was hyped to be.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@davillain-:

Well, back in the 70's Marvel fans actually missed the boat.......the "Panthers Rage" issues in Jungle Action comics was one of the finest run of comics of that decade or maybe any decade. And that run began with M'Baku and Kilmonger just like in the movie. Kilmonger actually threw BP over the cliff like the movie. Sadly everyone missed that run, including me. Perhaps the first great graphic novel.

Meocross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meocross
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

Black Panther is just an excuse for america to say that they are not racist.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Macutchi said:

You should have known he was going to be okay without needing trailers. Seriously dude...........

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Great movie.