Rapper named Kirko Bangz... disrespectful to Kurt Cobain?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by lowkey254 (5964 posts) -

Sorry, but I just found out about this kid named Kirko Bangz and the name sounds too similar to Kurt Cobain to me. As if he's so un-original that he had to play off of someone else's name to create his own. I find it slightly disrespectful to Kurt Cobain's family. Am I trippin' or am I right? What say you?

#2 Posted by frostybanana (5523 posts) -
Maybe his name is Kirko and he likes to fingerbang.
#3 Posted by dracula_16 (14806 posts) -

Nah. His name is Kirk and he likes girls who have bangs. It's not disrespectful! 8)

#4 Posted by Badosh (12770 posts) -
You be trippin'
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
#5 Posted by Fuhgeddabouditt (5468 posts) -

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/04/05/kirko-bangz-creatively-honors-legend-kurt-cobain/

#6 Posted by Netherscourge (16364 posts) -

I think it's more disrespectful to his parents for ignoring his given name.

#8 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/04/05/kirko-bangz-creatively-honors-legend-kurt-cobain/

Fuhgeddabouditt

Well, then.

#9 Posted by needled24-7 (15902 posts) -

anyone who is offended by this should stop being a little b**** and just get over it.

#10 Posted by lowkey254 (5964 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]

Necrifer

Well, then.

Well there you have it. I BE TRIPPIN'!

#11 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Well there you have it. I BE TRIPPIN'!

lowkey254

You were partly right. It was intended to sound like Kurt Cobain.

#12 Posted by Mr_Alexander (1686 posts) -

Theres a rapper named

Black Cobain

Mkavanaugh77
Alright now THAT's a bit disrespectful, it's like saying "I'm the next Kurt Cobain!" And yeah Kir-Kobangz sounds a lot like Kurt Cobain.
#13 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
Eminem is disrespecting candy! Biggie Smalls ripped off Wendy's! But seriously, no, get over it, it's just a name. You know who Kurt Cobain's family is? Courtney Love, possibly one of the most cracked out messes I've ever seen, and his daughter, who I'm sure is in barely better mental shape than her mother, given the fact that she has two very famous parents, one of whom looks like something you'd find crawling out of a gutter, and the other who shot himself in the head. I don't think somebody using a name similar to her dad's really holds a candle to the rest of her life.
#14 Posted by weezyfb (14703 posts) -
im not seeing
#15 Posted by Pasta_Bear (108 posts) -

Does the rapper have long blonde hair like candy?

#16 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Eminem is disrespecting candy! Biggie Smalls ripped off Wendy's!

But seriously, no, get over it, it's just a name. You know who Kurt Cobain's family is? Courtney Love, possibly one of the most cracked out messes I've ever seen, and his daughter, who I'm sure is in barely better mental shape than her mother, given the fact that she has two very famous parents, one of whom looks like something you'd find crawling out of a gutter, and the other who shot himself in the head. I don't think somebody using a name similar to her dad's really holds a candle to the rest of her life.

XilePrincess

I thought Kurt Cobain OD'd. (Which just adds more support to your case.)

#17 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

I thought Kurt Cobain OD'd. (Which just adds more support to your case.)

Necrifer
Apparently he had so much heroin in him when they found him they actually questioned whether he would have still been able to shoot himself when he was that F'd up. The gunshot wound definitely killed him, but if he hadn't gotten around to it I'm sure he would have OD'd eventually. Are you thinking of Heath Ledger, maybe?