Rant for the DOT (Pennsylvania)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

golfer13last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By golfer13last
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

This rant is directed towards the Department of Transportation, specifically, in the state of Pennsylvania. Let me give some background to first so those reading this can make decent judgment of the situation. On the date of January 14 of 2012 I was involved in a DUI in the city of State College PA. I will post word-for-word the Affidavit of Probably cause below:

On 14 January 2012 at approximately 0750, Affiant was waved down by a Handy Delivery taxi driver who reported that there was a s10 truck that was parked in a church parking lot with the motor running since at least 0500 hrs. Upon arrival to the area, Affiant observed a goldish-tan Chevy s10 pickup (PA/*******) parked in the Beaver Lot with the motor running and headlights on. Approaching on foot, Affiant observed that the windows of the vehicle were tinted making it difficult to see inside of the vehicle. With the aid of my flashlight (daylight) a figure could be seen leaning against the driver's side door. Affiant knocked on the driver's side window at which time there was movement inside of the vehicle and the driver's side window slid down. Contact was made with the sole occupant, ******* ****** ******** (PADL) ******** was asked what he was doing- he indicated that he must have fallen asleep. He was then asked howlong he had been there- he indicated since about 0230 hrs. While conversing with ******** it was observed that he had vomitus on the front of his coat. It was later observed that there was also vomitus on the inside of the drivers side foot jamb and on the ground directly beneath the driver's side door. Affiant asked where the subject had been drinking last night- he indicated 'Pickles'. A Personal Breath Test (PBT) was administered to ******** in an effort to make sure he was OK to drive; reading .118.

I informed ******** he was under arrest for Driving Under the Influence. ******** was transported to Mt. Nittany Medical Center where he consented to a blood test- results indicated a Blood Alcohol Content of .125%

For those still reading. I admit, I made a mistake and the experience has changed my life. Many times I have been told I was wronged but whats done is done. I decided not to drive that night but under technicalities I was still breaking the law. I have no intent on doing this again.

Afterwards I was in probation and my license was suspended. I entered what was call the Alcohol Rehabilitation Program (ARD). I believe this was provided by the county. It basically said if I go to a safe driving class, and pay X amount of dollars the DUI would be expunged from my driving record. This meant that if I was pulled over the officer could see the DUI but any future employer would not see this on my record. I thought 'great!' I won't have this on my record keeping me from potentially being hired to a future job position(s). So I told my lawyer I wanted to enter the program and paid several thousand and passed to safe driving course. My license was suspended for 30 days and I needed to attend a couple other things as well.

Fast forward to 2016. Nearly 4 years later I was hired for a position dealing with persons with developmental disabilities in the State of New Jersey. Of course since I'd be driving them around they wanted a drivers history check from my state which I retrieved for them. Only now do I see that the DUI is STILL on my record almost 4 years later. From my understanding this was supposed to be expunged months after I was done with probation.

My rant in a nutshell- DOT in the state of PA has got to get their S*&T together. This is Bull&*^%. Sure I was never driving while under the influence but still admitted I was wrong, went through the necessary steps to rectify the problem only to see the State has not fulfilled they're responsibility with the matter. I've dealt with health insurance company who can't get they're head out of their ass but this is the State of Pennsylvania which only needed to erase (or expunge) this from my driving record. Something that should take 5 minutes hasn't been done for years now. So I'm giving them a big F*&K you.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The state cannot even effectively pave the highways and repair the decades old, crumbling bridges and you expect them to fix your record in a timely and proper manner?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178850 Posts

That's not the DOT but the courts that expunge records. Seriously dude get the facts straight first.

golfer13last

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 golfer13last
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: fine, thanks for correcting me. This was just a rant to express frustration. Luckily I have people like you to get the facts straight.