"Inventor" of ADHD admitted that it's bullshit.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

http://www.worldpublicunion.org/2013-03-27-NEWS-inventor-of-adhd-says-adhd-is-a-fictitious-disease.html

Just gonna put this right here.

Do with it what you will, OT.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. ferrari2001

I couldn't agree more. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid and I took medication for a few years. My grades improved, my ability to concentrate while on the drugs was much better, and overall it was something that helped me get through the earlier years of school without having to be held back. While on the medication I was much more socially accepted and was able to socialize with my peers much more effectively. However I took myself off the medication when I started high school as I was sick of the side effects (they aren't fun). It was definitely a change but since I was older I was able to deal with it much better. 

I haven't been back on medication since and never once throughout high school or college have I ever blamed ADHD to be the reason my grades slipped or I made a poor decision. I generally have a difficult time concentrating on one thing for extended periods of time and I can tell you first hand that the medication does in fact help me quite a bit. 

That said, if you're over the age of 15 and you're complaining that ADHD is ruining your life and causing you to fail, you're just being lazy and incompetent while looking for a way out of responsibility for your own action.

I can say with 100% certainty that 90% of ADHD cases are bullshit. There are a few of us who's brains do work at a higher pace thus making it harder to concentrate and thus can really benefit from the medication. We are the minority of the people diagnosed with ADHD and ADD. Most people and parents use it as some excuse. It's complete bullshit.

I don't care what the original guy who came up with the term ADHD says. There are people who's do have a difficult time focusing on something and who's brains work overtime for no reason other than that's how they are. It's not a condition or disorder. This guy just called it one. I've never agreed with that.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Holy crap that website is bad. The hell? Is it a joke site? Alright found the original interview translated. Abnormal dopamine levels do exist in children (which is generally what this would be) but he notes that 90% of those diagnosed are just doctors looking for an easy prescription. So basically it does exist but nearly all cases are made up by parents or doctors and that it's become a scapegoat for problem children.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.Laihendi

is that how you rationalize your mental disorder?

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Thank the gods for intelligent posts. After facepalming at OP and Laihendi things got much better, here.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. Wasdie

I couldn't agree more. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid and I took medication for a few years. My grades improved, my ability to concentrate while on the drugs was much better, and overall it was something that helped me get through the earlier years of school without having to be held back. While on the medication I was much more socially accepted and was able to socialize with my peers much more effectively. However I took myself off the medication when I started high school as I was sick of the side effects (they aren't fun). It was definitely a change but since I was older I was able to deal with it much better. 

I haven't been back on medication since and never once throughout high school or college have I ever blamed ADHD to be the reason my grades slipped or I made a poor decision. I generally have a difficult time concentrating on one thing for extended periods of time and I can tell you first hand that the medication does in fact help me quite a bit. 

That said, if you're over the age of 15 and you're complaining that ADHD is ruining your life and causing you to fail, you're just being lazy and incompetent while looking for a way out of responsibility for your own action.

I can say with 100% certainty that 90% of ADHD cases are bullshit. There are a few of us who's brains do work at a higher pace thus making it harder to concentrate and thus can really benefit from the medication. We are the minority of the people diagnosed with ADHD and ADD. Most people and parents use it as some excuse. It's complete bullshit.

I don't care what the original guy who came up with the term ADHD says. There are people who's do have a difficult time focusing on something and who's brains work overtime for no reason other than that's how they are. It's not a condition or disorder. This guy just called it one. I've never agreed with that.

As someone with actual ADHD, I couldn't have said it any better.  It's definitely overdiagnosed.  I wasn't adequately medicated until I started college and I did notice a huge improve in my attentiveness in class and coursework.  I was beyond frustrated having to read "long" chapters and taking several hours on average to finish them, when nowadays I can get through them in no longer than an hour and even retain more from them.  While I also never blamed my underperformance on my condition, I do feel that school would've been far less stressful and time-consuming had I been aware of this treatment earlier.  

That said, I do often hear people in class saying how "lucky" I am to have a prescription and that they wish they could buy adderall from someone so they can focus more during exam time.  What they don't understand is that I don't just need my medication to be able to focus better on my studies, but I take it to feel "normal".  It's the only way for my brain to feel calm and like it's all together and in control, rather than feeling as though it's focusing on a dozen things at once without being able to center it on one article of importance at hand.  I don't just feel focused, but I feel calm, and my varying mood swings aren't nearly as jarring.  I'm able to control my mind and personality much better when my mind doesn't feel like a TV with all the channels on at once. 

Granted, I do still slip up my attention when trying to study for an exam or pay attention on a class lecture, and might switch tasks to something entirely different to what I had been doing before, but that's all just part of disciplining my mind and gaining a better grip of how to aim it in the right direction.  While it's far less difficult when I'm on meds, there's still more to learn and habits to break.  I'm just glad all of that feels viable now, and for once I feel like I'm on the same page as everyone else.  As I've only recently discovered, that's definitely a good feeling to have.  

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. Wasdie

How do you know the medication wasn't just a placebo effect?
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

Thank the gods for intelligent posts. After facepalming at OP and Laihendi things got much better, here.

Meinhard1
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

If you're agreeing with lai, you're wrong.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
I was diagnosed with it in Middle School made my life hell with the medication I was on turned me into a zombie my grades dropped and I lost the desire to hang out with my friends and such, I finally convinced my mom to let me get off it in the 10th grade and what do you know old me returned grades improved and my drive to be social went way back up. My mom is one of those people who thinks medication is the solution to everything so I know why she kept me on it but I kinda harbor a bit of resentment towards her for it mainly because it shot my GPA and made it tougher to get into the College I wanted, Its hugely misdiagnosed Imo.
quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
Call it a bee or a wasp, either way its something thats going to sting your ass.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

How do you know the medication wasn't just a placebo effect? lonewolf604

I personally never noticed a difference when I was on it. It was other people who told me I was almost a different person. I just thought I was just normal.

You have to realize I don't know when I cannot concentrate on something. I just feel it's normal. I spend some time thinking about something and move on. That's completely normal to me. However while it may have felt like 30-40 minutes sitting there thinking through something or reading chapters in a book or whatever, it was probably more like 5-10 minutes. 

Even today you'll see me log into probably 5 different games within 2 hours. I cannot even sit and play one game for more than an hour without picking up and leaving. I only notice that because people tell me. 

You can accuse me of just believing something has changed because I'm on the medication, but when other people have consistently told me that medication has a major impact in the way I act around them, I'm going to believe them. 

Another major thing I did feel towards the end of the period of time I was on medication is that I would get extremely tired all of the time. At first I was told that it would be me feeling tired because my brain was slowing down to "normal" levels. As I got older I felt the medication having a larger effect on my energy to the point I decided to just stop and deal with more energy and a lack of concentration. As you get older ADHD does wear off as your brain changes. I'm nothing like the bouncy 4th grader I used to be when I started the medication. 

I also don't claim to have a terrible case of ADHD. Through seeing the proper people who can diagnose such a thing (not just the family doctor but a few months at a child psychologist), I know for a fact I didn't have it as bad as other kids. Those other people may still have some serious issues. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Almost every kid has a more active mind than that of an adult. That's how we are. A lot of parents just felt that their kid wasn't meeting some ridiculous model of how a kid should be as advertised by the media in one form or another. Thus they think their kid was weird and they could "cure" them with drugs. That's where the BS began. It eventually became an excuse for crap parenting where the parents wouldn't want to deal with a kid just being a kid. The rise of ADHD cases is heavily influenced by parents not wanting to take responsibility for the actions of their own children and who refuse to properly punish kids.

Kids haven't changed. They've been the same for hundreds of years. It's society that has really changed. Movies and TV put these unrealistic expectations on kids and parents. Kids are supposed to fit some model of a model kid and parents are supposed to be able to be successful with minimal effort. That's what the media teaches. In reality kids are little shits and need to be dealt with accordingly. Up until the recent punishing your kids with physical pain has been the social norm. Today it's not acceptable. Instead more passive punishments are what the media suggests. 

This all feeds into this system. Kids don't fit this model, parents cannot do their job because of social norms. Of course this leads to parents believing their kids are not right in the head and medication. If your family doesn't look like the ones on TV there is obviously a problem. Good thing there are drugs to fix that right?

It's bullshit and I really hope people are learning that this perfect utopia of families doesn't exist.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. lonewolf604

Do you even know what a placebo is?

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.Laihendi
Laihendi... You have no life.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lonewolf604

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

GummiRaccoon

It can still happen even if the medication isn't a sugar pill.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. ferrari2001
Most people diagnosed as having ADHD are misdiagnosed. They usually fall somewhere on the autism spectrum. And Ritalin is a sham.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. The-Apostle
Most people diagnosed as having ADHD are misdiagnosed. They usually fall somewhere on the autism spectrum. And Ritalin is a sham.

Diagnosis of ADHD compares much less to a parent who approves psychiatric medication to their child. Especially when the parent doesn't even know what the basis of the diagnosis.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. lo_Pine

Diagnosis of ADHD compares much less to a parent who approves psychiatric medication to their child. Especially when the parent doesn't even know what the basis of the diagnosis.

That's true. I just know these things because I was misdiagnosed as having ADD. My nephew was misdiagnosed as having ADHD. We're both on the spectrum. I remember being on Dexedrine when I was a kid. And other things that were a disaster due to the side effects. At least my parents were wise enough to have refused Ritalin I guess...
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"] How do you know the medication wasn't just a placebo effect? lonewolf604

So no, you don't know what a placebo is.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lonewolf604

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

So no, you don't know what a placebo is.

Sure, I admit defeat. I bet your cock feels 3 inches bigger now.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. The-Apostle

probably more likely just parents who want a reason why their kids are so dumb or why they can't behave, so they label them and give them some pills

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="ferrari2001"]I wouldn't say ADHD is complete bullshit although it is very over prescribed. Most people don't have adhd they have what we call laziness and have no desire to do the task at hand because it involves work so they do other things. This is not ADHD. I do believe however that some people genuinely have difficulty concentrating and getting things done, although it is a far smaller number than doctors seems to say. lostrib

probably more likely just parents who want a reason why their kids are so dumb or why they can't behave, so they label them and give them some pills

More likely that they're looking for help.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Most people diagnosed as having ADHD are misdiagnosed. They usually fall somewhere on the autism spectrum. And Ritalin is a sham.

That's true. I just know these things because I was misdiagnosed as having ADD. My nephew was misdiagnosed as having ADHD. We're both on the spectrum. I remember being on Dexedrine when I was a kid. And other things that were a disaster due to the side effects. At least my parents were wise enough to have refused Ritalin I guess...

Smoke some pot.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Most people diagnosed as having ADHD are misdiagnosed. They usually fall somewhere on the autism spectrum. And Ritalin is a sham.The-Apostle

More likely that they're looking for help.

or they're just terrible parents

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Diagnosis of ADHD compares much less to a parent who approves psychiatric medication to their child. Especially when the parent doesn't even know what the basis of the diagnosis.lo_Pine

Smoke some pot.

don't think that will help him focus

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"] That's true. I just know these things because I was misdiagnosed as having ADD. My nephew was misdiagnosed as having ADHD. We're both on the spectrum. I remember being on Dexedrine when I was a kid. And other things that were a disaster due to the side effects. At least my parents were wise enough to have refused Ritalin I guess...lostrib

Smoke some pot.

If he was misdiagnosed enough to be put on Ritalin then marijuana couldn't be worse.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Smoke some pot.lo_Pine

If he was misdiagnosed enough to be put on Ritalin then marijuana couldn't be worse.

that doesn't make it helpful

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] Smoke some pot.lo_Pine

I never touched Ritalin. lrn2read
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

He seems to condone the fact his parents refused to put him on Ritalin and hasn't condemned any use of marijuana, so it appears marijuana is better for his psych than Ritalin. After all, marijuana is created from roots and dirt while Ritalin is created in a test tube.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lo_Pine

The-Apostle

Have you touched anything to help your psyche?
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] If he was misdiagnosed enough to be put on Ritalin then marijuana couldn't be worse.

Have you touched anything to help your psyche?

I haven't taken anything other than Advil for pain since I was a kid.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] If he was misdiagnosed enough to be put on Ritalin then marijuana couldn't be worse.lo_Pine

He seems to condone the fact his parents refused to put him on Ritalin and hasn't condemned any use of marijuana, so it appears marijuana is better for his psych than Ritalin. After all, marijuana is created from roots and dirt while Ritalin is created in a test tube.

I never used that crap either.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] If he was misdiagnosed enough to be put on Ritalin then marijuana couldn't be worse.lo_Pine

What? that is an idiotic statment. Just because he doesn't want to use ritalin, and has not yet condemned marijuana does not mean it would be helpful for him.  And the idea that since marijuana is "better" because it's from "roots and dirt" is just plain dumb

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

The-Apostle

that's good. Ritalin is basically Meth/Cocaine

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lo_Pine

lostrib

What? that is an idiotic statment. Just because he doesn't want to use ritalin, and has not yet condemned marijuana does not mean it would be helpful for him.  And the idea that since marijuana is "better" because it's from "roots and dirt" is just plain dumb

If chemicals could not help him then he must be searching for a cure through human comfort. If drugs do not provide satisfaction then superficial internet relationships must provide satisfaction.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] He seems to condone the fact his parents refused to put him on Ritalin and hasn't condemned any use of marijuana, so it appears marijuana is better for his psych than Ritalin. After all, marijuana is created from roots and dirt while Ritalin is created in a test tube. lo_Pine

If chemicals could not help him then he must be searching for a cure through human comfort. If drugs do not provide satisfaction then superficial internet relationships must provide satisfaction.

now i have no idea what you're babbling about

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.lostrib

If I have a "disorder" then how do I function so successfully? A disorder implies an impediment, a handicap, an inability. It implies a failure to achieve one's goals, but I achieve every goal that I conceive. I am a man, and man's highest functions are rational thinking and productive action. Productive action is the purpose of life, and rational thought is the means of achieving it. I am man in his purest and most noble form, and you call me disabled. You are suffering a moral crisis, and if you do not discover morality - a rational morality - then you will not be able to survive on this Earth.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.Laihendi

If I have a "disorder" then how do I function so successfully? A disorder implies an impediment, a handicap, an inability. It implies a failure to achieve one's goals, but I achieve every goal that I conceive. I am a man, and man's highest functions are rational thinking and productive action. Productive action is the purpose of life, and rational thought is the means of achieving it. I am man in his purest and most noble form, and you call me disabled. You are suffering a moral crisis, and if you do not discover morality - a rational morality - then you will not be able to survive on this Earth.

Everybody here sees you as weird and overwhelmingly stupid.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ace6301
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"]Most "officially" recognized mental disorders are fictitious diseases.Laihendi

So is that how you rationalize your mental disorder?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

I don't know you could just be delusional

So have you been diagnosed with a mental disorder?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

try hearing lais voice in amy's "baking shop's" voice

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lo_Pine

lostrib

You asserted the position that because an individual does not use Ritalin and also does not condone marijuana or any outside chemical influence, implies that he does not think extrinsic chemicals can help his psyche. If that is not the case, then he is looking for humanistic relationships instead of manipulating his mind chemically.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ace6301

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Laihendi"] If I have a "disorder" then how do I function so successfully? A disorder implies an impediment, a handicap, an inability. It implies a failure to achieve one's goals, but I achieve every goal that I conceive. I am a man, and man's highest functions are rational thinking and productive action. Productive action is the purpose of life, and rational thought is the means of achieving it. I am man in his purest and most noble form, and you call me disabled. You are suffering a moral crisis, and if you do not discover morality - a rational morality - then you will not be able to survive on this Earth.LostProphetFLCL

try hearing lais voice in amy's "baking shop's" voice

I told you all months ago that's how you're supposed to read his posts. You all thought it would be robotic.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] If chemicals could not help him then he must be searching for a cure through human comfort. If drugs do not provide satisfaction then superficial internet relationships must provide satisfaction.lo_Pine

You asserted the position that because an individual does not use Ritalin and also does not condone marijuana or any outside chemical influence, implies that he does not think extrinsic chemicals can help his psyche. If that is not the case, then he is looking for humanistic relationships instead of manipulating his mind chemically.

all i said was that marijuana probably isn't going to help him focus

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lo_Pine

lostrib

all i said was that marijuana probably isn't going to help him focus

You never mentioned focus in any of your previous posts in this thread.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

You should save this crap for when you've actually achieved something other than trolling on the internet and attending a public school.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

worlock77

You should save this crap for when you've actually achieved something other than trolling on the internet and attending a public school.

Exactly. I can't wait until Laihendi's book comes out.